Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Selenity's New Daughter! ❯ Selenity's Decision/Family, Make Up! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Selenity's Final Decision.

Endy walked to his daughter's room, seeing her lay on her bed. He went over to her and took her into his arms as Usa cried.

"Everything's gonna be ok, Usa. Your mother has made a decision and we must stick to that. It is best we give her some space."

Usa nodded, wiping her eyes before getting under her covers. Diana jumped up onto her pillow and curled up.

"Daddy, are you the baby's daddy?"

"Just go sleep, honey. Goodnight sweetie."

Endy brushed his fingers through his hair as he walked back to his room in the guest quarter, thinking.

~*~ Selenity's Room ~*~

Selenity sat there in her chair, listening to Luna's lecture.

"Selenity, everytime the Queen has a second child, she dies. Do you want Usa to grow up without a mother? She is not ready to become Queen. Does Endy know who the father is?"

Selenity shook her head, feeling too emotional to tell him.

"Luna, I can't get rid of this baby. He or she deserves to live. They have a purpose, I know that. If I die, Emily Beth would take my place. She is my cousin, afterall. Endy hasn't asked bout the father of this unborn child, he has barely spoken to me after Usa found out."

"Selenity, ever since you went missing, you've acted different. You've lost your shine and your joy. Rei told me what happened there. Is it Diamond's baby your carrying?"

Selenity nodded, playing with her gown. "He is the father. Everyday, I think about the consequences. Would she be evil or would she be good? would she have a gold or black crescent moon? I think about questions, what if's. Oh Luna, this is such a big mess. Considering I'm two months along, I just can't hide the bulge anymore."

"According to the prophecy Thesius had, the child you are carrying will never be happy. She would forever be in Usa's shadow, ignored and uncontent. Do you wish such a curse upon her, Selenity?"

"Luna, you've always been a good friend but I will never rid this child of a life. If you don't mind, I'm going to sleep."

Selenity retreated to her bed and curled up, weeping quietly, cursing the baby for the trouble its caused. She eventually fell asleep, the sleep full of disturbing visions.

~*~ Endy's Bedroom~*~

He spoke to Luna, discussing the future of Selenity and her child.

"Endy, she is determined to keep this child. She will die in childbirth and she knows that. There are too many consequences. Do you even know who the father is?"

"I can't lose her, Luna, but she can be so stubborn. When I was on Earth, I felt her pain, her tears, her hurt. The same name kept appearing again and again in my dreams as I watched her be violated." Endy tightened his fists as he said the name through gritted teeth. "Diamond."

"It is forbidden to have a union with the Black Moon family, no matter what the circumstances. She looks more fatigued each day, the baby's taking its strain. It's fighting against her and she knows it. Does Usa know that she'll might die?" Luna readjusted her yellow dress as she spoke.

"Usa knows the baby isn't mine. She's upset because she knows what the baby could do to her chances of being Queen. Selenity would only do this for a purpose, she knows the baby will have a future. No matter what, I'm going to stand by her. I'm her husband and King, the only parent the baby'll have if Selenity dies." Endy put on his robe and ran to their marital bedroom.

He slipped into bed and put his arms around his beloved, soothing her. "I will never leave your side again, my love, please forgive me, I love you."

"Endy?" Selenity said sleepily "I love you too."

~*~ Usa's Bedroom ~*~

"Diana?" Usa asked, waking her guardian. "I can't sleep."

Diana muttered about mouses sleepily and pawed at her eyes. "Why can't you sleep, Usa? Do you need to eat again?"

"No, Diana. Mommy's having another baby and it isn't Daddys. I'm scared that they'll love him or her more then me."

"They'll love you just the same, Usa. Even if it's not your Daddy's baby, you should love he or she all the same. Your lucky to be getting a brother or sister, someone who you can trust and depend on, if something bad happens." Diana patted Usa's cheek gently with her paw.

"I feel bad about what I said though, Di. They must think I'm horrible."

"It doesn't matter, just go to them, Usa. Talk to them, not hate them. They're your parents, and your mature enough to know everything. Go sleep in their bed tonight, Usa. It'll make you feel better."

Usa nodded, giving Di a quick squeeze and ran into her parents' bedroom. She got into bed beside Selenity and put her arm around her, stroking the bump.

The moon shone upon them as the family slept. Little did they know that the months ahead would be what they least expected.