Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Selenity's New Daughter! ❯ Selenity's Struggles ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Selenity's Struggles

Selenity ran into the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet bowl. She wiped her mouth, feeling slightly better and flushed the toilet.

Subconsciously touching her bump, she felt shattered. Getting to her feet, she looked in the mirror. Her blue eyes had lost their shine, her silver odangos limp and lifeless. She no longer had the glow of pregnancy, only the glow of upcoming death. Everyone had worry in their eyes as they spoke to her, even Endy.

Selenity looked down at her huge bump, wishing she wasn't six months along. It felt longer, Selenity thought, only because each day dragged on.

Endy watched from the doorway, plastering on a fake smile. He hugged Selenity, stroking her bump, feeling the baby kick at his touch. He got more scared with each month as he watched his wife's health deteoriate.

"Endy?" Selenity asked quietly "We need to find Usa a husband. She's sixteen now."

Endy just nodded, leading his wife back to bed.

"I will see if Helios will marry Usa, they have been close friends for years. Now rest, my darling, I will check on you later."

He covered her with the blanket and shut the door quietly as he left, rushing to see Ami.

Selenity stirred restlessly, feeling the wet sheets beneath her. She cried out for help, falling back as she started her contractions.

"Mom?" Usa called, seeing her condition and shouted for Ami. Ami ran in, carrying her doctor's kit.

"Ami, I need to help her." Endy pleaded, following Ami.

"Endymion, stay here! It's for your sake as well as Selenity's. I need to do my job." Ami closed the door in his face.

Selenity saw Usa blurrily, gripping her hand as each contraction grew stronger. Ami knelt at the end of the bed, measuring the dilation.

"Ten cm. I don't think she can handle it, Usa. The birth let alone could kill her."

Usa looked at Ami, tears in her eyes. She knew her duty well. If her mom died, she would become Queen along with her father until she married.

Selenity writhed with each contraction, sweat covering her forehead. Her hair laid lank on her shoulders, her skin deathly white. She cursed Diamond, she cursed everyone who ever wronged her.

"This is the child of prophecy, one who will hold all the powers of the Senshi except yours Sailor Moon." Selenity told Usa telepathically, crying salty tears as she saw Death approaching.

Usa begged her mother not to die, tear drops falling on her hand.

Selenity cried out in agony as one last contraction rolled throughout her body. Ami cursed, seeing that blood was leaking and jumped down.

"Serena, push!"

"I can't! Ami-chan, tell Endy I loved him."

"Mom, your not gonna die, just push."

"Usa, always the fighter. That is the spirit of Sailor Moon. One day, Hotaru will tell you the true purpose of death and rebirth. I am dying for a reason, to rebirth the Saviour." Selenity told Usa inbetween cries of agony, pushing hard.

The baby slipped out gracefully, giving out a loud cry as it took its first breaths.

Ami covered the baby in a towel, wiping the gunk off its face. She checked the baby over and smiled. Endy slipped in, the grief tearing at his heart as he saw his dying beloved.

"It's a girl, she's perfect." Ami held Selenity's daughter close as she gave her to Endy.

"She .. should .. be ... called .. Raia." Selenity gasped, her body falling limp as she succumbed to death.

"I name you Raia Selenity, in honour of your loving mother." Endy said, inbetween sobs, looking at Selenity for the last time.

Selenity's features began to regain her beauty, the cold beauty death had given her.

The three people mourned for their late Neo-Queen Selenity, their sorrow apparant as they weeped. Elsewhere, the Moon Kingdom had felt their Queen's death, grieving for the serene woman who had brightened their lives.