Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Selenity's New Daughter! ❯ Moon Monarchy Mayhem ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Moon Monarchy Mayhem

Usa stood in the throne room before her father, a golden light surrounding her. She changed into womanhood, her pink hair becoming white. She posed regally, the transformation complete. A coronot rested upon her hair, crowning her as Neo-Queen Usagi.

"I crown you Neo-Queen Usagi. You look beautiful, honey." Endy said, feeling emotional. He motioned to a servant and whispered "Bring in Helios and the vicar."

Usa turned towards the door as she saw her love walk in. Helios looked amazed at the change in his childhood sweetheart. He caught up to her and didn't have no doubts in the world.

The vicar shuffled in and began to read from his Bible. With Endy and the servant watching, they became husband and wife.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride, King Helios."

Helios giggled as he kissed Usa, feeling ever so strange at being called King.

"It is time for the burial, Usa." Endy said quietly, feeling his age as the burden of being King was lifted off their shoulders.

The solemn trio walked to the chapel, hand in hand, sorrow hanging heavily in the air.

~*~MOON PALACE CHAPEL~*~

Neo-Queen Usagi and Endymion gathered at the altar in the chapel, the whole kingdom watching as they spoke.

"Neo-Queen Selenity was a good woman, kind-hearted and loving. She gave her life for a child we dearly love, Raia. She was my mother, my idol, my role model. Without her, I wouldn't be here today. I love her, I know she is watching over me." Usa spoke, her voice choked with held back tears.

The chapel watched as Selenity was encased in quartz, preserved forever for times to come.

As the sun rested upon the quartz, Neo-Queen Usagi and King Helios left the chapel, followed by her father and the Senshi.

~*~Moon Nursery~*~

Sailor Seraphic watched Raia sleep, her small body covered by a blue blanket covered in crescent moons. She chose to take guard that very morning, to miss the funeral of Selenity and to miss the fact that she was overlooked for the choice of becoming Queen.

Sailor Seraphic had changed the moment Selenity died, her black wavy hair growing silver and long. Her features growing to match those of Selenity. She was the true Queen, since she was Selenity's cousin. Usa became Queen by no choice of her own, by the choice of Luna and Endymion. Usa had used the crystal to transform herself, she was an imposter.

Sailor Seraphic shook with anger, not paying attention to the change in the air. Raia began to cry, wanting attention. Sailor Seraphic was taken from her thoughts and cooed softly as she picked up Raia. She sang a little lullaby to soothe her, tracing her features.

"Hush little baby, don't say a word, Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird. If that mockingbird don't sing, Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring."

Sailor Seraphic stopped, feeling the presence of dark energy. Raia began to wail, scared by the sudden change in atmosphere. (OOC: babies can be quite attuned to what's happening, often picking up on things us adults cannot like ghosts or something.)

"Who's there?"

"So pretty, isn't she Emily Beth? To think such union of the Moon families could produce such a wonderful child. She grows stronger with each day, flourishing under the crystal's power." Diamond spoke softly in awe, stepping out of the shadows.

"Diamond, you are not wanted here. Raia has a proper father now, a father who doesn't go around raping unwilling women!"

"Give me Raia, Emily Beth, she lives here under false pretences. She is the Saviour. I am her father, I will raise her." Diamond stepped closer, holding out his arms.

"No, Diamond! She lives here now, she is Raia Selenity, the child of Endy and Selenity. I will die before you let your cursed hands touch her." Sailor Seraphic held Raia tightly, standing in a defensive pose.

"If she was their child, why would Raia have white hair and the symbol of two moons imprinted on her arm? Are you just going to tell her it's a birthmark?" He softly lifted the blanket back, showing the birthmark to her.

Sailor Seraphic shook her head, looking at Raia. "Go away!" She said through gritted teeth.

"She possesses the attacks of all the scouts except Sailor Moon's. She will fight against evil under the understanding that she is good. She possesses my power, the power of black arts. She is half good, half evil and because of this, she is undoubtably powerful. You don't know how many enemies she will attract. She will soon know her true heritage one day, and a curse on you all for being fools! You have been warned, Sailor Seraphic. I will be back."

Diamond contemplated for a few seconds, hissing as crescents moon headed for him. He teleported, leaving a puff of black smoke.

"He dare come here, on the day of my mother's funeral! Raia will never know, Sailor Seraphic, you make sure of that. In the power of the Moon, I now call thee, Sailor Seraphic, Raia's Protector." Usa touched the tiara on Sailor Seraphic's head, blessing her.

"I cannot protect her, not in this time. There are many evils coming. The only true protector she has is Sailor Moon. Usa, we cannot risk that."

"While you are alive, Sailor Seraphic, she is protected. Now, put Raia back to bed and get some sleep. It's been a long day for all of us."

Sailor Seraphic placed Raia back in her cot, putting the blanket back on her. She kissed her forehead and turned off the light. She gave one last glance around the room before she shut the door.

In the darkness, a voice spoke. "I am sorry, Small Lady, but Raia must be protected."

Scooping the child into her arms, Sailor Pluto disappeared. She reappeared at the time gates, stepping into the past.

In a familiar house, Sailor Pluto stood in the room, sighing. She then looked at Sammy's sleeping form and touched his forehead. A purple light surrounded him, sending him into eternal sleep. Until Raia's prophecy was fulfilled, he would be protected by the Time Gates.

"Dipere." Sailor Pluto whispered, the room disappeared including Sammy. She turned the room into a girl's bedroom, whispering the word "Ripere." Laying Raia in bed, she wished her protection and slightly sped up her growing process. Raia turned from a baby into a sleeping thirteen year old. "It's better that she grasps her powers now" Sailor Pluto thought before bending over Raia.

She wrapped a small crescent moon necklace around Raia's neck, looking at her one last time before she disappeared.