Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Selenity's New Daughter! ❯ Raia's Discovery ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Raia's Discovery.

A few weeks later, when the Moon was full, a dark figure teleported down. They stood in an alley, shying away from the light, forever watching.

Raia sat there, studying on her computer when a message window popped up.

Bunny_Moon: Hey Raia, studying as usual?
Grey_Eyes: Yeah, got a big exam tomorrow.
Grey_Eyes: Serena, can I tell you something?
Bunny_Moon: Sure, anything. What's up?
Grey_Eyes: I keep having these wierd dreams, flashbacks of this place. I see a man with eyes like mine, standing beside a coffin of some sort. He wears a white suit with yellow shoulder pads. It has some sort of blue design on it.
Grey_Eyes: He has a black moon on his forehead and he sometimes mentions the name "Selenity." It's strange because I always recognise him.

Serena sat there in thought, the description definitely of Diamond. Selenity was her future name. Was Raia something to do with herself and Diamond? Serena bashed herself mentally. No one would breed with that imbecile. King Endymion of course! She recalled her dream Prince Endymion had gave her a couple of years back, telling her some important information. She didn't understand why Endymion had told her until Raia showed up.

"Raia will harness all of the Sailor Scouts' powers except yours, Serena. You must protect her from Diamond and she must never know her true identity. She will only be called back to the future when it becomes safe."

Raia sent a virtual gong sound to Serena, impatiently wanting a response.

Grey_Eyes: Serena! Wake up, meatball head.
Bunny_Moon: That is wierd. Raia. Maybe its cuz you've been studying for too long about Moon History.
Bunny_Moon: Sorry sis but gotta dash, I'm seeing Mamoru! TTYL! XX *kiss*

Bunny_Moon appears offline.

Grey_Eyes: Bye Serena.

Your message "Bye Serena" could not be sent.

She switched off the computer and sat on her bed.

Raia stared out of her window, feeling sick with longing as she looked at the moon. Touching her necklace, she put on her coat. She needed some fresh air.

Raia opened the window slightly and shimmied down the drain pipe, jumping smoothly onto the ground. She shivered, putting her hands in her pockets and walked down the block. Hairs prickled on the back of her neck and she speeded up walking.

Raia turned the corner and bumped into someone. "Sorry." Raia looked up at the woman, her green streaked black hair sparkling.

"Is your name Raia, by any chance?" The woman asked with a friendly smile. "I'm a friend of Serena's. My name is Setsuna."

"Serena never mentioned her friends before, especially to me. I must be some secret to them." Raia said quietly, fiddling with her necklace. She always did when she was nervous.

"She speaks a lot about you, Raia. I just wanted to see you, that's all. Serena said to me you had trouble sleeping and I was gonna drop off some herbal tea."

Setsuna pointed to the bag she held, holding it out to Raia. "It cures troubled dreams and repressed memories."

Raia took the bag, looking in confusion when Setsuna said "repressed memories."

"Thanks. I best be going now." Raia swung the bag as she carried on walking.

Setsuna looked behind her and transformed into her scout uniform. She faded into the shadows, unaware of the dark figure that watched them both.

The figure walked closer to Raia, placing a hand on her shoulder and swivelling her round.

Raia looked at the man, her body paralysed. He was the same man she had saw in her dreams every single night since she woke up a month ago.

"You have your mother's beauty but your father's eyes." He caressed her cheek lovingly, admiring her. Raia shook under his touch, wondering who this stranger could be. His touch felt cold but reassuring, she fell for his charm.

"You have grown into a beautiful lady, a powerful one at that. But beauty doesn't matter in war, especially when your family needs you." He touched her forehead with one finger affectionately, awakening her true heritage.

Raia jumped with a jolt as a symbol appeared on her forehead, that of a full moon with a hole in the middle. Two crescent moons adjoined, each a different colour. One black, one golden. She was a child of prophecy, now reawakened to fight.

She felt her body being tugged, remembering everything. Tears leaked from her closed eyelids as she remembered her mother, seeing her death. Crying out in agony, beams of light shot from her hands. Beams of black and gold swirled, mixed and lit up the sky.

"Awake Raia, daughter of Diamond, child of Black Moon." Raia's eyes shot open, her light grey eyes now dark black.

"Get away from her! Dead Scream!" Sailor Pluto held up her staff key as a mist blew around her. Her hair wavered in the wind as a ball of energy collected at the top of her Garnet Rod. Sailor Pluto spun around in a circle and shot the energy at Diamond, hitting him.

"Moon Tiara Action!" Sailor Moon took off her tiara, turning it into a golden discus and threw it at Diamond. He batted it out the way weakly, feeling the after effects of Dead Scream.

Raia screamed and fainted, the memories and powers too much for her. Sensing the danger, Selenity reawoke within Sailor Moon.