Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Loves Whisper ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now spellchecked!

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 2: Love's whisper

Raydance stood there in front of them out of her royal garments but in a nice sun dress. It was really out of character.
"Now girls, I take time out of my schedule to do this for there is no one who could teach you this unless they had done it themselves. Each one of you is a scout. A scout is one of noble blood who can transform into a magical being who may use their families powers to protect the good. I am about to pass out transformation pens. They are the key to your transformation. Please take your pen and pass on the rest. Raye gets a different transformation device then the rest of you, Raye gets the brooch of the royal family. It holds the jewel, the Empereum Silver Crystal, that was created when all the planets pledged their allegiance to Mars." She passed out the pens. Hotaru got handed hers when it sparked and burst into flames. Afraid she looked up at her mother. Something was wrong. That's when a twinkle appeared in her hand and a brooch appeared in her hands. It held the insignia of Saturn but behind it, in the faintest of colors the Mars insignia was held. Raye took her brooch and it began to glow and shift. Once it was finished the Mars insignia was held on front but behind it was the Saturn sign in the faintest of black. "O.k., well that's new." Her mother said looking at the two brooches. "They should work anyway. To activate it you raise them up above your head and yell out your planets name and then power. Raye, you yell out Mars prism power. Hotaru. . ." She gazed at the brooch. "Try the way Raye is doing it."
Serena looked at the pink pen with the crescent moon on the top and raised it up.
"MOON POWER!" That's when colored wind surrounded her and a deep blue outfit appeared. Everyone looked at her in awe.
"Is that what we are going to be wearing?" Mina asked. The queen nodded. "For cool!" She raised her pen. "VENUS POWER!" Hearts surrounded her and a yellow outfit similar to Serena's appeared on her.
"My go!" Lita said. "JUPITER POWER!" This time lightning surrounded her and a green outfit appeared. Amy gazed at her pen and raised it up.
"MERCURY POWER!" She yelled as water surrounded her and a light blue outfit appeared on her. Raye and Hotaru raised their brooches up together.
"MARS PRISM POWER!"
"SATURN PRISM POWER!"
A black aura appeared around Hotaru. As she floated there black beams, they moved a lot like spirits and they danced around her. Two shot forward and crystallized black and shattered away to show a pair of gloves. Then a bunch swirled around her body, crystallized and shattered to make a body suit. One turned into a jewel and floated up attaching it's self to her forehead and shooting vines around it, crystallized and shattered to make a tiara. A bunch danced around her waist, attached themselves to her body suit, crystallized and a skirt was there. At the same time two spirit like things came to her feet, crystallized, and shattered to make boots. Then there was her glaive which came to be when the last of the spirits crystallized into it beside her.
Raye began to twirl as white flames shot out of the brooch and surrounded the princess. As she twirled around the flame jumped to her hands, crystallized and then shattered revealing gloves. It did that for her body suit as well. Then it jumped up at her forehead and turned into a gem which caused a tiara to appear. Then Raye jumped through the flames and a skirt came upon the end of the body suit and a pair of dress shoes crystallized on her feet.
Both sister's skirts, and bows began to glow and when they stopped each one of them was typed with a color. Hotaru's skirt and bow was tipped in red while Raye's skirt and bow was tipped in black.
The two siblings looked at each others outfits and the group that surrounded them. Everyone looked at the queen who looked at her daughters.
"Now you all are ready to try your powers." Looking around at the group. "Each one of your families has a special trait to their powers. Mercury you have water abilities, Venus you have love, Jupiter has thunder, Moon you have wind, Saturn, my daughter, you are the scout of Death, and Raye my daughter, you are the scout with crystal powers and fire abilities. Though it seems our marriage has effected our two daughters powers." Sighing she said looking at the two siblings. "Anyway, these are books we made up to help each scout grow in power to protect her. Except for Mercury who has all she needs in that one book." Books where being handed out with colored bindings that matched the scouts who were to take them. "Take them and use them well. These books could mean victory or doom." Raydance turned toward the door. "I must leave now, I have a meeting with the King of Earth and his son." Everyone bowed and she left.
"A prince?" Serena said eyeing the group.
"Hey, wait a minute, how in the world do we untransform? She never told us that." Lita said. "I don't want to go after a boy dressed like this!" Amy let out a shy giggle.
"Just let the power fade." Amy said reading from her book. "You'll feel something like a gage, just let it fall then the transformations should go back." Mina nodded as she closed her eyes and a yellow light surrounded her and she stood there back to her normal princess garb from Venus. The rest followed her example and soon they where all in the royal garments of their respective planets. Raye rushed out the room first with the rest of her court following her. They still didn't know the palace as well as the princess. Up a set of stairs they went and it opened to a balcony overlooking the thrown room. Below them stood her mother in royal garb, her father, and two guys. Both had black hair. They couldn't see them very well though but they all figured the one who was taller had to be the king. Raye bent over the balcony a bit to get a closer look. One's head raised up to meet all the princesses' gaze. He said something to his father who looked up and nodded. Raydance looked behind her to see the girls on the balcony.
"I'm sorry King Arthur. My daughters don't get out much. I shall have them sent to their studies." She waved over a guard.
"Don't. . ." The king said looking up at the girls. "Darien." He turned to his son. "Go and entertain the young ladies."
"But father." He objected.
"To be king is also to know how to entertain guests well." Darien bowed his head slightly and left the company.
The girls couldn't hear anything that was going on, all they knew was that the prince had left. Raye stood up fully again letting a sigh out.
"Come girls, let's head to the garden." The two sisters turned to see a man standing there. His eyes where blue, his hair black but held a blue shine to it. He was tall and well built. He held upon him the royal garments of the prince of Earth. Raye and Hotaru, who where taught all the clothes styles when they where younger, bowed their heads slightly. Raye gazed up at the prince.
"Hello." He took her gloved hand and kissed it slightly. A blush came upon her cheeks.
"Hello m'ladies. I see curiosity led you here." He turned to Hotaru and also kissed her gloved hand. Then he gave a nod to each of the princess who surrounded them. "My name is Prince Darien, prince of Earth." Serena knew the teen, for her mother and his father where cousins. They would go and visit each other for days on end.
"Hello Darien." Serena said. Darien smiled at his second cousin.
"Serena, I should have figured you would be a guardian to the Princesses of Mars."
"And how about you, are you to be a guardian as well?" Serena asked.
"Not like you but yes, I will protect her as well. I will not be staying on Mars but if ever needed I will be here to help but I will be getting guardians as well."
"How is that possible?" Lita asked.
"My father wants me to be protected and has called the lesser of the nobles on Earth to do so, four of them. Someone has been attacking Earth villages, that is also why I'm not going to be here. My father needs me to help him with the growing trouble on Earth." Serena nodded remembering from messenger that there had been an attack. Raye looked up at the prince again, their eyes meeting.
"Now where should I escort you beautiful ladies?"
"To the garden." Raye said putting an elbow out. He took it and they all headed toward the garden. All the girls where doing something in the garden. Lita and Mina where running through the flower beds while Serena and Hotaru where playing catch. Amy sat on the other side of the fountain from Darien and Raye who where talking about things.
"So, what exactly are our parents talking about?" Raye said while her hands where playing with a ribbon from her dress nervously. He gave a gentle laugh and sighed.
"My father was talking to your mother about help from you and your guardians but both your parents told him that it would be impossible right now with the fact that you guys had just learned how to transform today. Your father was saying it would be at least a week before you guys would be in fighting capabilities." She nodded.
"Ya, we did. Though we didn't use our powers yet. Mother thinks that because of who are parents are it might effect our powers."
"Really?"
"Ya, ya it will." She replied. Then she changed the subject. "So, Prince. . ."
"Call me Darien." He said.
"Ok, Darien. What is there to do on Earth?" Curiosity filled her deep violet eyes as she watched him. He was caught off guard by the beauty her eyes cast.
"Um, well, there are the carnivals and the oceans. Those are always fun to swim in. See our palace is on top of a hill overlooking a cliff and an ocean we swim in. There is a lush garden that surrounds the palace, much like yours. The stars in the night sky are so vast." He pointed up in the red aura sky where the first star of the night began to come into sight. "Right there is Earth. . ." Raye looked up to see the blue tinted light flickering in the night sky as Demos and Phoebes where upon the horizon, one was full, the other was waxing.
"We live quiet a distance from the Martian ocean, so I've only seen it a few times but there are the canals I always go to." She pointed toward the trees. "Beyond them is the canals." Darien nodded.
"Once you visit Earth, I'll take you down to wade in the ocean near our palace. It's beautiful there right before nightfall, the sun paints a beautiful picture against the ocean."
"I would like that very much." Raye replied. This prince had captured her curiosity entirely.
"So princess. . ."
"If I must call you Darien, you may call me Raye." She broke in.
"O.k. then Raye, what is there to do on Mars?"
"I would go out and hide in the trees all day to get away from my studies. There is always shopping and horse back riding. Though I feel most of that will be restricted from me. . ." She said sighing and casting her eyes downward. There was sadness in her voice.
"Why?"
"My aunts threat." She looked up in his eyes. "Destanance joined Queen Beryl and pledged that before I take the thrown my sister and I would be dead."
"That's awful!" He exclaimed. "Family shouldn't do that to one another."
"I know but it's happening." She said casting her eyes downward again. He held her chin and brought her eyes to his eye level so he could look into them. Her eyes clouded his mind, his entire thought process.
"Raye, you have many people who obviously care for you enough to protect you with their lives. She will do nothing to hurt you or your sister." She was beautiful. . .
He was staring into the princess eyes. There he felt like he was someone, not just a prince but someone better.
Her cheeks where red once more as she looked up into his eyes. She griped his hands which were still holding her face up. She pulled them off but still didn't waver with her eyes.
An explosion rang out loud from the launch pad.
Both their heads shot toward the direction of the blast. Everyone in the garden stopped what they where doing and began to run after Raye and Hotaru till they found themselves in a clearing in the middle of the palace. The Earth royalties ship was ablaze. Guards and servants where rushing around with water and hoses.
"Amy." Raye said as they all lined beside her, Hotaru on one side while Darien was on the other. "Transform."
"MERCURY POWER!" A flash of blue and water then the famous Sailor Mercury stood there with book in hand.
"Let's see. . ." She flipped through the book and realized that her wand was at her side. Taking it from her side she put the book down. "MERCURY TSUNAMI!" With that yell the wand began to glow blue and from the end came a jet stream of water. She had to use both hands to control the wand. Once the ship was out enough for safety, Amy stopped the stream and put it back looking at the ship. A guard came with a device that they had found on the bottom half of the ship, what was left of course. Darien looked at his watch to see. . .
"O my gosh!" He exclaimed. That's when Raydance, Her father Herid, and Arthur came out from the hallway. Raydance gasped at the sight. Arthur frowned. And Herid went to asses the damages.
"If it wasn't for the fact that our talk has gone longer then planed, we would have been in there." Arthur muttered looking at his son. Raydance turned to the king.
"Then you must stay the night while my guards dispatch for a ship for you. It'll be the safest way for you and your son to travel." The king looked up at his ship and nodded.
"We will stay for a night." He then turned toward the hallway with Raydance and Herid by his side as they walked. Raye took the device from the guard's hands and examined it.
"An attempt on your life. . ." She spoke. "Who would do such a thing?"
"We don't have any answers." Darien said taking the bomb from her hands. Amy walked up next to them and examined the bomb.
"It's not from this galaxy." She stated. "See those markings right there." She pointed at a half charred piece of medal. "Their not human, or Martian, or anything or one from this galaxy. Someone wants your family dead that doesn't even live here." Darien began to walk out, placing the device on a table beside the doorway. Raye caught up beside him.
"Do you have any idea who it could be?" Darien sighed looking ahead of him.
"I do. . ." But the way he said made her stop her questions. He didn't want to speak about it. Raye glanced at her sister Hotaru who came up beside her who shrugged.
That night the dinner was quiet and no one really spoke anything. That day seemed to have died when the ship did. Raye gazed up at the prince who sat across from her eating quietly. That's when she felt a poke at her side. Her head turned to see Hotaru smiling.
"I have an idea." She whispered to her sister. Then she told her of the idea which made Raye smile and nod. Once Raye was finished eating she looked over at her mother who nodded that she could leave and stood up.
"Hotaru has an idea and I agree with it. We can't be moping around like this if we are to defeat an enemy so meet me out in the courtyard after you have all changed into something more athletic." Raye turned, her long pink trail following out the door as Hotaru ran after her. All the girls and Darien gave each other puzzled looks but mental noted to do as they where ordered to.
Raye kicked the soccer ball at her sister who blocked it with her head.
"Nice one." She said. Hotaru smiled and nodded to her sister. That's when Serena and Amy appeared from the doorway in a T-shirt and shorts.
"We're playing soccer?" Serena asked looking at the ball. Amy just smiled and chuckled at the moon princess's ignorance.
"Why do you think she would have us change into clothes like this?"
"I don't know, I just figured she was using her power." Serena had to duck because a soccer ball went by aimed for her head. "Hey!"
"Well then stop complaining." Raye said. Darien, Lita, and Mina came out now. Darien was dressed in some of Raye and Hotaru's fathers clothes. Serena picked up the soccer ball and held it there. "Now let's try to enjoy ourselves. Royalty can't be serious all the time."
They started off by choosing captions which happened to be Raye and Hotaru. Then they picked teams: Because Hotaru was smaller she got to pick and she picked Darien to compensate for it. Raye picked Lita, Hotaru picked Mina, and Serena went on Hotaru's team, while Amy went to Raye's.
The game began.
Lita scored the first goal because Hotaru's team had Serena guarding the goal. (Because of size of teams there was no goalie but someone who stayed on the side and kept an eye out) That quickly changed when Mina got the ball and scored.
Soon it was tied 6-6 and Raye's team had the ball. Lita was quick with her feet which made up for lack of size while Raye watched the goal. Darien dove and kicked the ball out from underneath her feet causing it to fly up.
Up
Up
Up
Up it went and then as fast as it went up it came back down on Raye's side. Raye and Darien dove for the thing causing them to hit one another and fall back both laughing. Hotaru got a hold of the ball and scored winning the game.
Darien stood up lending a hand to the downed princess.
"Thanks. . ." She said wiping the tears away. "Good game, I think we all needed that."
"Ya," Lita said wiping the grim from her forehead. "Ya it did." The rest of the girls nodded.
"Let's all go show and such and then meet in the kitchen for ice cream and milk shakes?" Hotaru asked. Raye nodded with the rest as they headed inside.
Up on the balcony which over looked the court yard sat Arthur and Raydance. Herid was busy working to get a ship, have it inspected a few times and figure out how the bomb got on the other ship. Raydance's eyes gazed down at her oldest daughter who was walking beside Darien.
"Do you think it would be possible?" She asked turning to the king. He gazed down at his son and looked back at the queen.
"All things are possible." He replied. "I am not my son so I wouldn't know how he feels about her. It's to early anyway to tell. Maybe after a few trips between our planets he will."
"Do we really want that?"
"Why not? If Darien and her can find love with each other, why stop it? It didn't stop you two from marring." She nodded at his comment.
"Fine then, if it happens, I'll leave it be." Gazing down she watched them head inside.

***************************

"Yum!" Serena said "diving" for a bowl of ice cream and began to pour sprinkles and such on top of it. Hotaru giggled at the princesses openness with her thoughts. The group sat around an island in the middle of the kitchen while cooks walked around them.
"You know I hope everyday is like this, except that whole bomb thing this afternoon." Mina said. "i could have never imagined how fun this job would be. Do you think our parents had as fun of a time as we did?" Amy nodded eating her milkshake.
"I would think so, maybe that's why they encouraged us to go." She said taking a sip from her straw. "It builds the bond between the planets and they are a whole again." They all continued with the chatter amongst them.
But they all had to go to bed soon. Raye fell upon her bed. Her thoughts where upon the prince. His ways captured her every thought.
'Is this what it's like to have a crush?' She thought turning to her night stand and turning off the light.

***************************

Serena found on her stand a letter. She sat down and opened, it was from her mother.
"Dear Serena,
I hope you are enjoying yourself there on Mars. The palace isn't the same without you. I hope you are making friends. See you soon.
Love
Serenity"
Serena nodded placing the letter down.
"She was right. I would enjoy myself here. Mars is great." She spoke to herself. Pulling out a piece of paper she began to write a letter to her mother.

**********************************************************

Well here is the second chapter to my series, updated! Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.