Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Time passes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck!

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 3: Time passes

It had been a few months since the bomb and such. The scouts where growing as a team and in power. Raydance watched from a distance on the balcony as the group went through their exercises. In her hand held a letter Hotaru had sent the team. Her daughter had went back a few days after that incident. She was training with her guardians. That's when a servant walked in with an envelope in his hands.
"This came a few minutes ago." He said. She took it and bowed as the servant left. Opening it she read the contents. A smile drew across her face and she rushed out to the mock battle field.
"Lita jump!" Raye's stern voice was herd. That's when she noticed her mother approaching. They all stopped and turned to the queen.
"I have some very important news Raye, girls." They all looked at the letter as she handed it to her daughter.
"Dear Queen Raydance and Princess Raye with her court,
I invite your daughter and her court to my palace, as guests of honor for Drain's 18 birthday.
Yours with respect
King Arthur"
All the girls looked at each other happily. This was their first big event since they came to Mars.
"Girls go get ready. You'll be leaving pretty quick so hurry." All the girls detransformed and ran to their rooms. Servants where all standing there besides the doors with suitcases in hand. All the girls rushed in and grabbed some stuff and came out ready. They walked the corridors slowly looking ahead to see the ship that was waiting for them. Queen Raydance stood next to the ship with a smile on her face. "Now don't get into to much trouble. Keep the family honor intact at least." Raye nodded hugging her mother.
"I will mom, see you in a week." Her mother nodded giving a hug to each of the court as they passed to walk in.
"We will." Amy said as she was the last to board. Raydance walked a safe distance from the ship and it took off.
"Take care, Raye." She said as it flew out of sight.

***************************

Darien stood there as a tailor pinned and marked places on his suit.
"Dad, I hate these things!" He exclaimed looking down to see Arthur sitting there with a newspaper in hand reading it.
"And that is why I have to be torn away from my duties to make sure you get one." He said eyeing his son. "Remember last year?" Darien sighed.
'Will he ever stop bring that up?' He sighed. "Yes father, I do."
"You had to go in your old suit which I should remind you that it was to small because of the growth sprit you went through. "You had no time last year" to see the tailor. If I hadn't herd a bunch of. . ."
"Ok fine you win." Darien said rolling his eyes. "How much more time is this going to take?"
"O, another two hours at least."
"AT LEAST?!"
"I'm joking." Arthur said getting a kick out of how immature his son was acting for it being his 18 birthday in a few days. "See the tailor is almost done." That's when the tailor put one last mark on and backed away. Darien began to "peal" off the layers of cloth pinned to him. "You don't want to get in such a hurry, Darien."
"Why? Did you make an appointment to get my nails done too?" He asked obviously annoyed at his fathers preparation time.
"No, we've got guests to tend too."
"Guests?" He eyed his father curiously. The last time they had "guests" and he had to entertain them it was his great aunt Versona and his little twin cousins Prince Michael and Koren. They where younger then Hotaru: about 6. His father reading the skepticism in his voice let out a laugh.
"This time you'll like them. This morning I wrote a letter to her queen Raydance inviting her daughter and her court to your birthday. They should be arriving shortly." Darien's heart leapt to his throat.
"Raye?" His big stature he was putting on somehow disappeared to reveal a nervous wreck. "You never asked me."
"I don't need to, I'm the king."
"What about the villages and attacks going on? Don't you think it would be dangerous to place the heir to the thrown of Mars in the middle of it all?" Arthur looked up at his son and chuckled.
"Don't you want her to come?"
"Well, ya."
"Then hush up boy. There haven't been any new attacks for two weeks. She's got her court and I'm sure you and your guardians will keep her safe." Darien fell back into a seat. "So I would suggest you go and get ready for her majesty." Darien stood up nodding and rushed out the door. Arthur got up from his spot and went to the cash register and placed the needed amount plus a tip, he figured with who his son is and how he was acting that tailor needed a tip and walked out the door slowly. "If I didn't know it better, I would say he has a thing for the princess."

***************************

He rushed down the street.
'Why am I acting this way?' He thought to himself. 'She won't be arriving for at least another 20 minutes. I can get to the palace before then walking.' He slowed down his pace. Rubbing his forehead that's when his guardians appeared from nowhere. They tend to do that to him.
"Why are you acting like the palace is on fire?" The blond blue eyed man said. It was Jeadite. Kunzite, Nephlite, and Zoicite where the other ones.
"Because I found something out." Darien said stopping.
"What is it then?" Zoicite asked.
"Princess Raye and her court are coming to Earth in a few minutes." Darien replied. Everyone of them gave each other glances of excitement.
"You mean the gorgeous princesses?" Nephlite asked.
"The ones you rarely talk about besides the princess?" Kunzite said. Darien nodded. The guys around him gave each other high fives. "Then what's the fire about?" He sighed. His heart was pounding like a sledge hammer was taken upon it. After he left he had counted the days till he saw her again and now he was going to but he was afraid. . .
"You like her, don't you?" Jeadite asked eyeing the prince. Darien looked up at the guard. "You want to hold her, and kiss her. . ." With those words muttered Darien had him in his grip, his hand held back ready to hit but he couldn't. Darien dropped Jed sighing and rubbing his head. No one had captured him like she did. Jeadite was right, he admitted. He did want Princess Raye. Why wouldn't he admit that before?
"I'm sorry Jed." Darien murmured. "I shouldn't have done that." The guards didn't speak though, they knew when they had teased the young prince enough.
"It's ok." Kunzite said. "We shouldn't have dragged on like that." Darien continued up the streets to the palace.
He entered to see servants running around getting the preparation done for his birthday. The four guards followed him inside as he headed for the launch pad to wait for hear arrival.

***************************

Her eyes where fixed upon the glowing blue mass of a planet in front of them. It would only be minutes till she would see him again.
"He's got guards now!" Mina said. "We'll have guys to talk to and that will talk to us as well." Her bubbly personality was definitely showing up then. Raye chuckled as they came in to land.

***************************

It was a Martian ship. He knew it from the color, shape, and size. It landed right in front of him and the doors swung open as servants piled in to take the luggage. The first girl came out, it was Lita, she checked the area with her eyes and waved the second out, Mina who walked down the stairs and inspected the ground. Amy came out then with her computer on reading the air and behind Serena when she came out was Raye. She had a sun dress on as they walked down the stairs. His eyes fixed upon the beauty so well.
"Good afternoon, princess." He said taking a hand of hers and kissed it lightly. "If my father would have warned me about your arrival any sooner I would have made a welcoming party." She giggled shyly and looked up at him.
"It's your birthday party." She replied. That's when there came a chatter around them. Darien and Raye turned to see that her guards and his guards had already broken off into couples and where talking. "I must say. . ."
"Let them enjoy themselves, I have a town to show you too."
"Do you think it's safe with out our guards?" Darien gave her a smile and nodded.
"I'll protect you." She took his hand and they where off out the door. Serena stopped quickly from her talk with Jeadite and looked around.
"Um, guys. . ." She said loud enough to make the others stop. "Where's Raye?" Jeadite took her hand and kissed it. Never in his life had he seen such a beauty.
"Let us not worry about her now." Serena began to blush as she watched the blue eyed man gaze upon her.
Lita watched Nephlite as he approached her. He was a very attractive man.
Kunzite was infatuated with the blond with the bow in her hair. She had to be the scout of Venus for nobody in their power normally could place him under a spell like she could. Mina smiled as he came to her.
"It's beautiful weather we are having but not as beautiful as the persona I see before me." She began to blush.
Amy who was trying to ignore the group held her Mercury book at eye level until someone pulled it down, it was Zoicite.
"A woman after my own heart, wouldn't you say?"
"What about it?" Amy asked stumbling on her words.
"Books, the quest for knowledge you Mercurians have. I've always wanted to meet one and converse things like the universe and your thoughts on life." Amy began to blush as well.
"Well it does tell me some things in this book."
"Fascinating. . ." He said. All the girls had seemed in a few short seconds found someone.

***************************

His hand clasped on to hers as they went down the main street of the small city that was called Lawrence. The sky was a blue she had never seen, because Mars held red everywhere. He looked back upon the princess who's eyes held a curiosity that he thought made her family special.
She looked in front to see the backside of the prince. He was at least a foot taller then herself.
"You can slow down." She stated realizing they where practically running through Lawrence. He stopped and turned to her, his face bright red.
"Sorry." Raye just gave him a smile.
"Now if your going to run through Lawrence, how am I ever going to see it?" Darien nodded as they slowly began to walk down the street.
The rest of the day was like that, he took her on a tour of his town. He would always glance at her from the corner of his eyes. She was a beauty, no wonder when they walked people would stop and watch her as they walked by. Soon as they walked down, the sun was setting and he thought it would be a good idea to show her the ocean. Once she caught sight of the ocean she left him and ran up to gaze at it.
"It's beautiful!" She gasped slipping off her shoes and placed her feet in the water. A few yards away she turned around. "Why are you just standing there, you told me you would take me wading. I would call that watching, not wading." He quickly went to work slipping off his shoes and socks and joined beside her. "It's been a lovely day. You know how to show a girl a good time." She turned and looked up at him.
'Do something Darien. . .' He said gazing down at the black haired beauty who stood before him. "Um," He laughed nervously. "Should we head back?" A disappointed look swept over Raye's face as she turned and began to walk out of the water, slipping on her shoes and headed up the path that lead to the castle while Darien stood there kicking himself (ok, fine he wasn't really kicking himself but that's how the expression goes). Somberly he headed in himself.
Raye walked to her room without a word. She then tossed herself upon the bed and tears began to flow. There was a knock on the door. Serena opened it to see her princess crying on the bed.
"Go away!" Raye said. Serena stepped inside shutting the door behind her.
"Raye, what happened?" Her head jolted up and looked at Serena.
"I told you to go away!" She sat beside the girl ignoring the girls angry glares upon her.
"Now princess. . ."
"Don't call me that. That is the last thing I need to be called right now. Darien hates me. I'm just some stupid princess to him that makes him be pulled away from his fun time."
"That's not true." Serena said brushing the long black hair from her face. "I'm sure he likes you. What happened?" Raye sat up slowly and brushed the last of her tears away.
"We where out by the ocean and it was very romantic. . ."
"How sweet."
"But he's all like Maybe we should head in. The nerve of him!" Serena then hugged Raye.
"Maybe he was just nervous. A beautiful princess like yourself could instill fear in a Prince's heart." Raye eyed her suspiciously. "Ok, I've been hanging out with Amy." Raye nodded sighing. She had hoped the prince and her could have became something besides friends. After their talk a few months ago she had realized she had developed a crush upon him.
"So, what was it like hanging out with the generals?" Serena began to blush.
"Jeadite, he's so charming and sweet. . ." She sighed as her cheeks began to turn red. "And kind and sincere and. . ."
"You've got a crush on him, don't you?"
"Is it that obvious?"
"Ya." Serena clutched one of Raye's pillows and threw it at her. "Hey!" Raye smiled throwing one at Serena who fell on the floor because of it. Both where rolling in laughter. "What about the other girls? Did they have someone to hang with?" Serena thought for a while and then responded.
"Lita and Nephlite hooked up. Kunzite and Mina seemed to be getting along fairly well. And even Amy had Zoicite's attention. It seemed that we where all destined to be together."
"Except for Darien and I." She sighed watching the newly risen moon out her window. "What was it like back on the Moon? Maybe we could visit it while we are here."
"Raye you stop talking like that." Serena said. That's when a sinister laugh came from the balcony. Serena's head shot up to see Destanance standing there in a twisted red dress with a staff to match it standing there. Fangs peaked out from under her upper lip.
"Maybe she should just stop speaking altogether." She sneered. Serena stood up grabbing her transformation pen and raised it up.
"MOON POWER!" And with that her princess dress turned to her scout uniform. In her right hand she clutched the Crescent Moon Wand.
"I thought I would catch my niece by herself, we have some. . . family things to discuss. I hope you don't mind." Serena gave her an angry glare.
"I don't think so, family or not you are not allowed to come near her." Raye backed behind Serena and grabbed her communicator pushing the panic button and then looking up at her aunt. She then grabbed her brooch from a hidden pocket in her dress.
"MARS PRISM POWER!" And in a few seconds she was standing there in her scout uniform.
"Come now this isn't a warm welcoming for your family." She glared at them.
"You stopped being my family when you went over with Beryl." Raye yelled. "And threatened to kill my sister and I."
"Threaten? Threaten? Honey that was no threat. You will be killed by either my hands or my Queen's." Lita burst into the door with Mina and Amy all dressed in their scout uniforms. Destanance raised her staff and aimed the twisted jewel at Raye. "NEGAVERSE REVOLT!" A black flame of energy flowed toward Raye.
"JUPITER THUNDER STRIKE!"
"VENUS HEART ATTACK!"
"MOON FOUR WINDS ATTACK!"
"MERCURY TSUNAMI"
All four wands sent their power to meet with the black energy. They all exploded at once causing everyone to fly back and the roof to blow off. When the smoke and rubble cleared all the scouts looked up to see Destanance floating there laughing.
"Everyday my powers grow. Everyday I am closer to killing you." That's when Author, and Darien, and his guardians ran up from behind the scouts and looked up at the woman.
"Destanance! You leave Earth alone. There is no reason for you to attack us here." The woman gave an evil laugh and gazed down at all the royalty.
"That is reason enough for me and my queen." She replied while charging up her staff again. That's when a light began to glow in the middle of the scouts.
"To my daughter and her scouts, may this help you in your troubles. . ." The voice was Raydance's. That's when three cats seemed to take shape within the light. Destanance stopped and watched as a black cat, a white cat, and a red cat appeared with symbols on their forehead. Two where a crescent moon and the third was the mars sign. Their eyes opened and looked up at Destanance with hatred.
"It's the protectors!" Destanance said with spit in her voice.
The red one jumped up and a red staff appeared in front of Raye with a jewel on the end of it.
"It's the Empereum Silver Crystal." The red cat said. It was a female from the voice.
"Shout Mars Crystal Flame Spiral!" The black cat said who was also a female. Raye nodded taking the staff into her hands. When Raye touched the staff it began to glow a black color and what seemed to be a blade appeared at the end winding itself around the crystal. Destanance began to power up.
"NEGAVERSE REVOLT!"
"MARS CRYSTAL FLAME SPIRAL!" And with that crystallized flames shot out at Destanance while black shot out at Raye. The power from the Mars staff sliced through Destanance's power and almost hit her. Destanance seeing it was time to go vanished in a puff of black smoke. Everyone was cheering when they saw Raye fall to her knees. Mina dove and caught her before she hit the ground. The cheering had stopped by then as they watched their princess unconscious loose her scout uniform and was left with her princess dress. Mina glanced up at Author who bent down and checked her pulse.
"She's just worn out. Let's get her to the infirmary and then I can help her." Mina nodded as Darien came forward and took her from her arms. The cats walked beside Serena down to the infirmary.
"She will have to get used to that if Destanance keeps attacking like that." The white cat said who was a male.
"Who are you guys?" Lita asked looking over at the cats once they got inside the infirmary.
"I am Luna." The crescent moon black female cat said.
"I am Artemis." The male crescent moon white cat said.
"And I am Demos." The female red mars sign cat said.
"And we are your protectors." They all said in unison.
"We are to help train scouts like yourselves." It was Luna this time. "And we came just in time." Author laid Raye down on a bed and the nurses began hooking her up to machines. "It was with good reason her mother was worried." Then Author turned around.
"Girls she is safe here, nobody can phase into here without setting an alarm off. I would suggest you go get some sleep as well. I am sure those wands took a lot out of you like Raye's did." All the girls nodded and slowly began to walk out of the room. Zoicite stopped behind Darien who wasn't moving from his spot in the chair besides Raye.
"Come on Darien, you need sleep just like the rest of us. You have a big day tomorrow." Darien shook his head.
"I will not go until she is awake."
"Ok. . ." Zoicite turned and left behind everyone else. Darien clutched her hand as he picked it up and kissed it lightly not moving his gaze from her sleeping face. He had wanted to tell her everything while they waded in the water but for some stupid reason he couldn't. Things of the heart always made him nervous and when he got nervous he would say things that wouldn't fit the occasion or where just plain stupid to say. He figured it was because his mother died when he was younger that he never got the right educate around woman. Now he hoped she was going to wake. She was going to wake though, all she was was tired. It just depended how long she was going to be out. That was her first time with such a powerful object that she could be out for days, though he hoped she would be awake by tomorrow so he could ask her if he could be her escort to his birthday party. He would be on cloud 9 tomorrow if she awoke in time and he could be her escort. Not only would it be his 18th birthday he would also be escorting an angel to his birthday party.
(In Serena's room)
"We gotta get them together!" Mina exclaimed. "I mean if Raye and Darien where dating and maybe on day marry then we would always be with those hunky guardians of Darien's!" She jumped up and down as she said that. Sweat drops appeared on everyone's head as they sighed in embarrassment to the young princess of Venus. Lita looked around.
"I wouldn't mind it though."
"And Zoicite and my conversations have been fascinating enough I wish I could continue more." Amy even replied. All the girls turned wide eyed at the young Mercurian who giggled shyly. Serena nodded but said.
"It would be nice. Jeadite and I get along really well but the fact is is that if it's destiny it will happen one way or another. We can't decide that, can we?" All the girls shook their head no.
"But it would still be cool." Mina added.

*************************************************

There is the updated version of the story! Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.