Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Questioning Dreams ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck!

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 5: Questioning Dreams

Raye ran down the street lugging her suitcase.
"I wish you were Luna!" She exclaimed glaring at the red cat following her. "At least Luna tries to get Serena there on time!" Turning a corner she skidded to a stop. Right in front of her school gates was a monster with many students wrapped up in it's vines. Jumping Rei pulled out her brooch and called out the words she was now used to calling out.
"Mars Prism Power!" She said feeling the white flames burned upon her skin only leaving the cloth of her outfit. In her right hand she brought out the wand. Walking out she faced the tree type monster. "I am Sailor Mars and I shall burn you!" She did her pose and then jumped at it hitting the vines that shot out to her with her wand. She slammed the wand against the forehead of the tree type creature.
"MARS CRYSTAL FLAME SPIRAL!" She yelled as crystallized flame shot a hole through the creature. It screamed in agony and faded away dropping all the students on the ground asleep. Raye sighed looking at Demos who was looking around the area for any sign of the creature. That's when Amy and Serena rushed up with Luna at their side. They saw Raye standing there, a sad gaze painted across her face. A few weeks ago the wand would have made her pass out, now she was destroying monsters without their help. It was her temple training she had that put her above the rest. Sighing she turned around to walk away and detransformed. Demos nodded at Luna and walked behind Raye till she turned the corner.
Amy looked at both of her friends worried. Serena was not taking this new transformation well and Raye seemed depressed. That's when Amy bit her tongue walking away to detransformed. Serena wasn't far behind her.
"Not much has changed between what we lived and what we are living." Amy started. Serena sighed. "I mean Beryl still wants the crystals and the cool thing is about this is that we already know were they are." She tried to sound enthusiastic. "We could get all the Crystals and defeat Beryl before she gains any power."
Serena sighed. That's when Amy glared at her. "Stop it!" She yelled uncharacteristically. "I remember when we found out you were the princess last time you didn't want it. So grow up Serena." Serena stared at her shocked. Her friend never yelled like that. She just turned her head sadly downward and walked ahead of Amy. Amy sighed. She hoped Lita would find them soon so Serena could be happy with Lita's cooking. Amy liked sandwiches, that was one of the few things she didn't mind making. The main reason was it was a none messy food that she could eat while studying. Looking down she could see the glint of the wand that was held in her case. She could always see it. It was a part of her. She liked the fact that she wasn't just a defensive player anymore, she could hurt a bad guy. Amy could actually do more then just make a haze around them so the other scouts could take care of it. A smile drew across her face and she quickly decided to catch up to Serena.

************************************************

Lita sighed bringing in the mail. She was confused. Brushing her long brown waves of hair back she opened the letter.
"Dear miss Thundercloud,
Your application has been processed to go to Crossroads jr. High. We have set up a meeting today for your class schedule."
Sincerely,
Mr. Kicheo
Principal
She didn't know what to think anymore. Lita was sure that she had gone to the school before and she was sailor jupiter, but when she woke up this morning it all seemed like a dream. Checking the clock she saw the time and decided it was a good time to go talk to the Principal at least about her scheduling. Even if that dream seemed real, she woke up from it. She had life now to live and that's what mattered. Grabbing her coat she headed out the door silently and down the hallway.

**************************************************
Her eyes scanned the airport in England. She had convinced her parents that she should go first to Tokyo, get situated then help them move. When she woke up a few days ago, that dream was just to real. And news reports confirmed her dream. There were sailor scouts in Tokyo. Artemis came up beside her.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked. "What if that is just a hoax and your dream was just a dream," He asked. Mina looked away from him.
"I must figure out what is going on Artemis. This doesn't seem right, like some major dejavo." She looked down at the ticket. "Well I guess I should get you in your kitty carrier before airport security pulls me aside." Artemis backed away slightly.
"I don't want to go in one of those!" He whispered loudly. "Their small and I hate it! Do you know how much those workers care about me? None!"
"Hush Artemis, do you want to get caught and be put in a freak show?" She asked grabbing the kitty carrier from her pile of things. "It was hard enough to convince mom and dad to just drop me off and not see me off so I can talk to you." She opened the cage door. "We'll be in Tokyo in no time, don't worry." She gave him a smile. The white cat sighed and listened to her walking in slowly and she shut the door.
"I'm warning you, this is the last time I'm ever in one of these things!" He yelled. Everyone around Mina stopped. She smiled frustrated / embarrassed.
"...Don't you like my ventriloquism?" She muttered quickly pushing through the crowd to make her gate. "You are so getting it when we get there Artemis..." She whispered to him setting him on one of the tables for the people to take. She placed the tag that she needed on the handle of his carrier. Then making kissy faces she smiled. "Be good my little white fluffy kitty!" She looked up at the woman and she took him away. Turning she headed on the plane.

***************************************************

Amy smiled sitting down for lunch with her sandwich in one hand and a book in the other. Serena came and sat next to her with her cold lunch.
"Aww, I remember when Lita would make me cookies." Serena said with a sad sigh. "Then I would eat them now." She brought out her sandwich and sighed taking a bite out of it. Amy looked up to see the brown haired scout walking down the sidewalk with a secretary.
"Speaking of jupiter." Amy whispered pointing. Serena saw her friend and couldn't contain herself jumping up and running to the brown haired girl placing a big bear hug on her. The secretary turned around startled.
"Miss do you know some of our students? Maybe they could give you a tour then."
Lita wanted to fall back seeing these two strangers. One of them was crying on her shirt while the other was standing there laughing.
"...I missed you Lita!" Serena cried out looking up. Lita wanted to fall back.
"...Do I know you?" She asked as the hair style and the look upon the blonde's face screamed something about her dream. Serena backed away smiling cheerfully.
"Yes you do!" Serena said. "I'm Serena, remember and that's Amy." Lita's gaze turned to the blue haired girl with the book at her side. Both of them looked like they had walked out of her dream which scared her but she wasn't going to let that show.
"O yah..." Lita lied trying to get the secretary away. "I know them." Serena jumped up and down happily. Amy just laughed shyly. The secretary nodded.
"Well then since it's their lunch break they can show you around and when they are done just report back to the office for the school uniform." Lita nodded as the woman left. Serena jumped in for another hug.
"I missed you so much Lita!" She said. Lita on the other hand pushed her off.
"I don't know you now but something tells me that I some how do. I want answers!" She demanded. Serena just hopped around giggling.
"..of course..of course but not until after school. Meet us at Cherry Hill Temple at 4."
"Why four?" Amy butted in. "I mean school gets out at 3." Serena sighed falling slightly.
"I have detention." Both the girls laughed.

***************************************************
< br> Raye walked out of the school to see Demo's sitting there cleaning herself.
"I hope you haven't been sitting there all day." Raye muttered walking on as the cat. Demos laughed lightly.
"No, I'm not that stupid." She said. "I have things I do during the day. I just like meeting you here after school." She said looking around. "So what's the plan today."
"Same as usual." Raye sighed. "Go home, scout meeting around 3:30-4 depends on if Serena has detention or not and then I do my chores and homework afterward." She walked down the street turning the last turn to her home to see a brown haired girl standing on the sidewalk looking up at the temple. Demo's looked up at Raye to see a now glowing face.
"Who is that Raye?" The cat muttered.
"It's Lita, she's finally came..." Raye said with a smile.

*****************************************************
< br> Darien turned his car and shut it off. Sighing he didn't know what to think anymore seeing Amy and Serena walking down the street to Raye's temple. He sat there for a second, his thoughts glum. These weren't the visions of before. Those as he thought back to it were about Serena but these couldn't be. The silhouette was no pigtailed girl. Her eyes glimmered a soft violet in the light of the rising sun. Who was this girl? If it wasn't Serena then who was it? And if it wasn't Serena, did that mean his love for her was a lie. He hit his head on the dash of his car a few times. The strange thing was a while ago, he woke up with the memories of a life he had lived, one where he had loved Serena because they where destined. But something changed. Something majority changed between here and there and he didn't know what to say or do about it. Sighing he got out of the car. Serena would be crushed by this but it had to be said and done to find the princess. That's why he had avoided all of the girls. But he woke up this morning and realized that by avoiding them he was prolonging the time frame between his questions being answered. Walking up he waved at Amy and a slouching Serena who, when seeing him, rushed up and hugged him squealing with delight. He chuckled softly and then put her down.
"There is a scout meeting at the temple, I presume?" He asked. Serena felt hurt. He seemed so cold toward her, why was he acting this way. Amy nodded.
"And Lita came back, we're going to be explaining what is going on by what we know." Amy said with a smile. "It will be good to have almost the entirety of the team back." Darien nodded.
"Any word on Mina?" He asked. Amy sighed.
"No." She said. "She never gave us the phone number of her parents in England so we couldn't even call."
"So you remember..." Serena butted in almost in tears. "About our past lives and the lives we lived and now something is changed...." Darien nodded.
"...That's why I haven't been suiting up. Something has changed and it confused me." He said. "But I will be coming to the scout meeting to figure what is going on." He smiled. "Hopefully we can clear this up." Serena and Amy nodded. That's when he headed toward the door of the arcade. "But I need to run and talk to Andrew about something so I'll talk to you guys later." He waved heading inside.
Serena turned to Amy sadly.
"I hate this." She stated. "I wish I knew what was going on." Amy sighed patting her friend on the back.
"As do I." Amy said walking down the street with Serena by her side.
Luna sighed. She had been quiet through the whole conversation with Darien because she was also confused at things. There were never more then one wand. Demo's explained that each scout had a wand to protect their people. But though she would hate to say it. She knew that Serena wasn't the princess they were looking for anymore. Back in their other life when Darien looked at Serena, even before they knew who each other were, he had a sparkle in his eye. When Luna looked up just a little while ago, the spark was gone. Serena wasn't his destined love, and Darien had fallen in love with the main princess, who ever that was now.

*********************************************

A twisted smile came upon Beryl's face.
"I see that we are progressing toward finding the crystals." She said looking over at the woman sitting next to her. The woman nodded happily. Her eyes settled on the crystal ball. "Then we can finally take over the kingdom here and your sister would have paid in full."
The woman nodded touching the twisted staff next to her.
"I agree. I'm here to take what is rightfully mine." She said. "And no scout will get in my way," She smirked looking at the picture of Sailor Mars. Then the others came into play. There was Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury as well. "They paid before, they can do the same again. What makes them think they'll win this time?"
"The fact that their good and they think good will always win. Those people sicken me." Destanance smirked at what Beryl but something deep within her. Something so deep that Beryl herself couldn't see it was growing. It was the reason why the time stream was back to where it should be. It had a thought of it's own. Created during the process of Beryl giving her the power and strength to be in her army. Destanance could feel it sometimes crying out to stop but she sighed not caring for the little voice and pushed it away. Beryl would win and she, not her sister or her nieces would become the ruler that she deserved.

******************************************************** ***************************

Well there is the fifth chapter to my ongoing series. Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.