Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Cat Talk ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 7: Cat Talk


Luna peaked her head up hearing something in the room. She hoped it wasn't evil rats that the negaverse had decided to try to use to take energy. Sighing she stood up and looked around. Everything seemed to be in order. Turning to the window she almost fell over. It was the red cat from the temple. Sighing she went and opened the window. Today was going to be a long day, she knew it. Luna had been around a block or two to understand when a day was going to be hard and stressful for them and the scouts.
"Hey!" Demo's cheerfully said which in turn made Luna fall over again. She was to cheerful for the mornings.
"Hi." Luna said hesitantly looking at the cat. Demos smiled.
"Could you come out?" Demos asked her. Luna nodded closing the window, hoping off the bed, then out the door, down the stairs, and finally out the doggie door. She came around the back looking up at the roof. Demo's spotted her and jumped on the tree coming down half way and then jumping the rest of the way.
The two didn't speak as they walked down the streets to a park. The park wasn't that well known but that worked with what Demos had to say and state to Luna before they went into this battle. Of course she would have to go and tell Artemis the exact same thing later on or have Luna talk to him. Demos sighed thinking back to the moon kingdom. Why was she the only one who could remember it the way it was. It was so strange to her that they knew so much about the enemy in front of them but their past and the position of Serena puzzled them.
They entered the park. That's when she led Luna over to a wall and jumped on top of it and disappearing over it. Luna followed her to find that she had jumped on the other side.
"Well what is it?" Luna first broke out looking around. There in front of them was a small lake and nobody could get to them unless they climbed the wall like they did or swim through its murky waters.
"Ok I know what the plan is to be today, and I have been chewing on this for a few days. Its just....I can't let you kill Jeadite." She said looking at Luna who fell over from the statement.
"What do you mean?" Luna asked trying to think of all the reasons why she wouldn't allow them to kill their enemy. "He's done so much to us, he almost killed Raye before you walked in with us."
"Well...see I don't know about your past but my past, the one I'm remembering everyday seems to follow what is going on in the present. Jeadite doesn't deserve to be killed." She said looking down at the grass. Luna looked shocked at Demos.
"What do you mean?! He's endangered so many lives within the past two weeks. He's tried to kill the scouts a number of times. He deserves what he gets." Luna muttered looking down at the grass not believing what she had just heard.
"He doesn't deserve it because he isn't controlling his own actions." Demos said. "Beryl has him and all her other major generals brainwashed."
"Well why are they brainwashed then?!" Luna growled in frustration with this cat. How could she say such a thing. They had to know what they where doing when they attacked those innocent people.
"Because Beryl tricked them." Demos sighed. She hated being so odd compared to the rest. Even Artemis didn't remember anything. She looked up at Luna. "I'm obviously remembering things faster then you and Artemis. The fact is is that all her generals where once guards and best friends to Prince Darien." She started. This was going to be a long conversation.
"But then why does Beryl have them now?" Luna asked calming down.
"Because she tricked them into believing that if they went with her she wouldn't harm the ones that they loved, which where and possibly still are the inner scout, guardians to the princess."
"But she didn't fulfill that." Luna muttered.
"And that is why they are brainwashed." Demos said looking at the cat again. "I do not know which General was in love with which princess. I wish I did so we could find the princess quickly without the need of the crystals."
"Yah, but how do we get Jeadite to not attack them or hurt them and how do we explain to the scouts why we can't hurt him."
"Like I just did. The fact is is that the more people we have, the faster we'll beat her and the stronger we'll be for the upcoming battles." Demos said. "And I'm sure even in the other life you guys lived without me that Serena beat the monsters focusing in on love and truth and justice, the three pillars that the sailor scout stand for." Luna nodded. "Well if all of them have someone to love, and not alone, how hard do you think it would be to focus in on love?"
"Not hard." Luna muttered feeling guilty. This cat seemed to know what she was saying. "I'm sorry." She added. "For not trusting you with this. You seem to know what your talking about in this situation and your advice in the past has proven true."
"Thank you but I also understand where your coming from...er...sorta. I mean I won't truly know unless I lived it, which I haven't. Somehow between there and here I was misplaced." Luna laughed.
"True but I also feel that as the days count down to the final face off with the princess and Beryl all this will make sense." Demos nodded looking out at the slue.
"Its a beautiful morning." Demos said looking out at the sun. Luna nodded.
"It is and I wish Serena would wake up earlier so she could watch the sunrise like I do some mornings."
"Raye is up and early doing chores. That girl doesn't know when to have fun and sleep in at times." Demos laughed. "She's always doing something, if not sweeping, she's reading the fire, if not that she's helping visitors. Then somehow she fits homework in that somewhere."
"That's how Raye has always been. In my past that was what got Serena to her potential. Though those fights where annoying and sometimes, well most of the time, at the worst times they made each other grow up more." Luna added looking out.
"I wonder how Artemis is doing." Demos added sadly looking down playing with a piece of grass. Luna was picking up that this cat was hiding something from her.
"What is wrong?" Luna asked. Demos sighed standing up and looking about.
"Nothing is. I just came to tell you that we can't kill Jeadite and you agree with me now since I explained to you why. My job is complete now and I am heading back to the temple to make sure Raye has some fun at least." She jumped up on the ledge looking down at Luna.
Luna looked up worried. "Did something happen between you and Artemis?" Luna asked before Demos was about to jump off. Demos smiled turning around.
"No not like anything your thinking of. I already know you and him where a couple back in that other life without me." She looked sad sighing. "I'll tell you when the time should come when I have to." Luna nodded watching her tail disappear behind the wall. She sighed looking out at the lake not knowing what to think anymore. Where the generals their loves in the past life and they had slathered them without even realizing the consequences. Everything was so difficult now. Standing up Luna decided to get back so she could make sure that Serena got to school on time or close to it. She jumped up and headed back home.

**************************************

Demos sighed looking down at her paws as she tracked back to the temple from the park. She shouldn't keep it from him for to long but she didn't know how he would react with the past being what he lived. Sighing she looked up to see a white cat face in hers.
"Well hello again." He muttered.
She fell back. "Must you do that?" She mumbled looking around. "And on the street. There are soon going to be kids and teens going to school."
"Well then lets get out of the street." Artemis said jumping over a fence. "This is where Mina and I live." She looked up.
"That's nice but I got to get to the temple." She said looking down. Artemis smiled. "Then I'll walk you home then." Artemis said with a smile.
"If that's what you want." Demos said looking at him and then looking down walking away. Artemis looked at her and caught up.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing." She muttered.
"Something is. I don't know you very well but I know when something's bothering you." Artemis said. She rolled her eyes.
"I'll tell you when I'm ready. Both you and Luna asked. Man I got to learn how to hide my emotions." She sighed.
A few more blocks and they where at the temple. Demos smiled at Artemis and walked in to see Raye packing her assignments in her case. She looked up.
"Well I was wondering where you went to."
"Had to talk to Luna." She said. "Have fun at school." She said passing her to her room to go to bed. Raye looked at her puzzled and threw it off heading out the door for school.

*************************************************

Ok this chapter is one of the shorter of the series but it is a important one. The cats don't get much face time in the series which so many characters I have to keep up with. They are important in the original story and their just as important now. Well anyway please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.