Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ The Preparations for the Ball ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 8: The Preparations for the Ball

There was a knock on his door. Darien smiled hoping it was the servant. Opening it he smiled seeing the woman. He was happy to see the woman. He had asked her to inform him when she was awake.
"She is awake my prince." She said with a smile as he nodded. She walked away as he headed to the infirmary. Tonight was the ball. She had been out for a few days. Smiling he opened the door to see the Mercurian doctor checking over her. He smiled seeing her look up at him.
She yawned as she stood up.
"What time is it?" She mumbled.
"A few hours before the ball." Raye almost fell over if it wasn't for Darien who caught her.
"...I've been out for three days?!" She asked him. Darien smiled lightly nodded. Raye fell back to the seat.
"Well I'm happy your awake." He said sitting next to her. She blushed looking down.
"I got to go get dressed for the ball." She laughed getting up. Darien reached for her hand as she was trying to get up and took it.
"Princess..." He said as she turned around. "Will you accompany me to my ball." Raye's cheeks became more flushed as she nodded and quickly walked away. Darien smirked heading to the thrown room to see how the preparations where going. King Arthur looked over to see his son there smiling proudly.
"She's up and accepted I'm guessing." Arthur said laughing. Darien nodded happily looking around.
"More flowers?" He complained.
"Keeps the women happily." Arthur pointed out. "If your mother where alive there would be twice as many flowers." With the mention of his mothers name his face went down. Arthur sighed looking at his son. "She did it for us Darien." He stated continuing to point out where everything went to the servants. Darien nodded looking at his father.
"I know but why?" Darien asked like a hurt child trying to find out what went wrong.
"Because she knew that there needed to be a king here and she loved you to much to see you die." Arthur said seriously. Darien nodded.
"Well I got to go and get dressed for the ball now." He said heading away. Arthur watched his son exit the ball room/thrown room with a sad look on his face. It had only been a few months since his wife death and it still hurt him but he knew he had to get on with his life. Sighing Arthur picked out something from a handful of what the servant was holding.

***********************************

Lita smiled picking up her green dress going down to the courtyard. When she got there she found Nephlite there attacking a dummy. She smirked walking up to him with a smile.
"Hey." She said. Nephlite stopped to see the princess of Jupiter standing in front of him.
"Hey." He said with a smile. "I see your ready." He pointed out. Nodding she took off her crown and threw it at the dummy which cut the head off of it. Nephlite laughed nervously as the head fell to the ground and her tiara came back to her.
"Had it specially made." Lita laughed. "Figured even when I'm in my princess garments I should have a way to protect their majesties." Nephlite nodded.
"You girls have it a little harder then us guys. We can carry swords and such to protect the king and the prince." He said putting the sword away and looking fully at her. She was breathtaking.
"Yah but within a few seconds I can turn into a scout and then i can protect them." She said tossing her stick to him. He laughed looking at it and then at her who frowned.
"What?" She frowned looking at the man. He brushed his hair back and then ran away with it. Lita frowned quickly rushing after him and jumping. Landing in front of him she kicked his legs out and he in turn fell down. She walked next to him looking down at him laughing. "Don't ever do that again." She laughed taking it from his hands and putting it in a pocket in her dress then helping him up.
"Your good." He said. She blushed just slightly.
"Thanks." She said. "But you taught me something I needed to know." She said.
"What's that?" He chuckled.
"Not to give my transformation pen to just anybody, especially with Destanance and Beryl roaming around here." She said. "I might be good with hand to hand combat but I need that pen especially if the monsters can throw magic at us." He smiled nodding.
"You are very beautiful today." Nephlite stated taking her hand. In turn it made her blush more.
"Thank you." She said.
"Would you accompany me to the ball?" He said. She smiled brightly.
"Shouldn't we accompany our royalty that we protect?" She asked. He smiled.
"Well we are sorta. Darien I'm sure has already asked Raye to be his escort, well if she's awake."
"She is. When I saw her coming out of the infirmary she was all happy, almost skipping." Lita pointed out.
"He must have asked." Nephlite stated with a chuckle. "We'll protect them but that doesn't mean we can't go together to protect them." Lita nodded.
"I accept then." Lita stated kicking him to the ground again. "You gotta be ready for anything." She laughed bending down to his level on the ground. He kicked her slightly so she would fall next to him.
"Yah, ready for anything." He laughed.

***********************************

Mina smiled almost skipping down the hallway to find Kunzite so she could ask him out. She wasn't going to wait for him to. She might be waiting all day for it. She giggled seeing him up in front of her and she bounced happily behind him. She hugged him.
Kunzite almost fell over as he felt soft arms wrap around him. He turned to see the scout and princess of Venus before him happily.
"Well princess, You honor me with your presents." He said bowing slightly. Mina giggled.
"Thank you Kunzite but you honor me." She said with a smile. He laughed lightly.
"Would you like to go out and have a small picnic. I know you must be hungry." He said as a servant came with a basket and blanket. She almost fell back. It was like he was getting to her before she could get to him. She nodded happily taking his arm as they headed out of the room. Down the stairs they went to the other side of the court yard where no training was fought. He placed the blanket down smiling at the princess who in turn came upon it and placed the basket there.
"A few hours to the ball." Mina stated. "So you got a date?" He smiled at her.
"Not yet." He said. "But I did have my eyes upon a pretty young woman."
Mina looked sadly. "That's nice." She said twirling her hair in her fingers.
"Mina do you want to be my escort?" He asked. A smile came to the young princesses face as she nodded breaking into the basket happily.
"That's why I was going to see you. I was going to ask you if you wanted me to be your escort."
"I figured as much. Your not the type of girl to just wait around for a guy to ask you, though your so beautiful I don't think any guy should have waited to ask you out." Mina blushed more.
"Well I wanted you to escort me though I figured you had someone else already. Your so sweet and handsome no girl could resist your charms, not even me." She laughed nervously. He just gave a gentle smile to her taking her hand and looking into her blue eyes.
"I was enamored by your beauty as you stepped off that ship the first time. Princess of Venus you made me believe those tales about Venus woman being so gorgeous that men fall over themselves to just get a passing glance."
"Thank you.." She mumbled again. Scout Venus, the princess of Venus, the holder of the power of love, for the first time since she could remember was speechless. He smiled to himself giving her a piece of cake.
"I thought you would like your dessert first." He smiled. She nodded happily and dug into the plate of chocolate cake happily. He laughed lightly as he took out the other food, the sandwiches, the carrots, all he could find. He took a bite out of his sandwich watching her now eat the sandwich in front of her. Things couldn't be more perfect. He had his love in front of him, food around him, in a beautiful place, all alone. She had wiped the crumbs off her lips looking up to see him smiling at her.
"What?" She asked looking at him puzzled. He smiled leaning in and kissing her lightly. Mina was surprised by this but very happy to return the favor of the kiss. He continued to kiss her and be kissed back for a few minutes till they broke apart when a trumpet called. Kunzite turned around to see some of the diplomats coming in the gates. Sighing he got up.
"We should go my princess." He said taking her hand. She nodded blushing still and helped gather their picnic and headed inside hand in hand.

****************************************

Amy was in the library with a stack of books beside her reading up on the Earth culture. She was fascinated on how they worked and acted. She flipped through another book, a children's book telling of dragons and wizards. They held such an imagination! Amy giggled putting the book aside and grabbed for another. It was a good thing Arthur believed his people should be educated and flown in books from all over the galaxy so they could read up on anything their heart desires. This library rivaled some of the smaller ones on Mercury. She was happy. So happy she didn't notice her little spy behind the bookshelves in the library who kept moving so he could always get a glance at her. Her mind was beautiful and she was also beautiful outside. After years of wishing to the stars he had found the one girl who enticed his senses. The past few days they had talked about everything and anything discussing everything from why ants can pick up things so big to why the stars are able to send light so the stars twinkle up in the sky. Zoicite smirked watching her not realizing there was a small bookshelf beside him as he moved on toward it glancing at her through the cracks of the bookshelves, above the books. He ran into it falling flat on his face, sending books everywhere and him down on the ground. Amy stood up slightly looking beyond the books to see Zoicite on the ground looking up at her.
"Nice day for a trip don't you think?" Zoicite said with a smile. Amy burst out laughing seeing him there. That's when a camera came out of no where and she took a picture laughing and walking over to help him up.
"You should watch were you are going." She said with a smile bring him up to eye level. He brushed off his uniform.
"Thanks." He said looking at her. Her blue eyes seemed like waves of the ocean lapping against his soul. His face became flushed as he looked away to regain his composure. Turning he smiled at the princess. "I see you found the library." She nodded happily.
"Its big!" She exclaimed. "Well bigger then some of Mercury's." She quieted down blushing and feeling stupid because of her outburst. Zoicite chuckled looking down at the blue haired goddess of his heart.
"Find anything worth reading here?" He asked. She nodded picking up a book.
"This one." She said.
"The history of the Arthurian family and lower royalty." He read out loud smiling. "So tell me about what you like about it."
"Well it tells about everyone i've met. We have a book on Mercury like that." Mercury handed him her special book and smiled proudly as he read through it happily and excited.
"Wow. This goes all the way back..." He muttered.
"To the beginning, yes." Mercury said. "All planets came to be at once with life but us Mercurians wrote it down for other generations to read." She said happily. Zoicite loved her quest for knowledge, the way she spoke with such a passion about everything she learned.
"Princess of Mercury." He said handing her the book and bowing slightly. "I Prince Zoicite would love it if you would accompany me to the ball tonight." Amy's face became flushed immediately of the word accompany and ball. She almost fell over but Zoicite lent a hand to keep her steady. "Well princess?"
"..Yah." She said looking up at him with a smile. "Of course I will go with a fellow scientist." He smiled picking her up and twirling her about.

**********************************

Serena smiled seeing Raye walk down the place happily.
"What's up princess?" Serena asked. Raye twirled around happily as her hair came about as she hugged her friend.
"He asked me to accompany him to his birthday party ball." She smiled happily skipping along to her room. Serena giggled watching her princess and friend as she headed down to go get some munchies before she went in and finally began to dress in her royal outfits. Down to the kitchen she went. In the kitchen she opened the fridge and began to dig around for food and chocolate. Finding a slice of cake she sat down in the small island in the middle of the kitchen happily eating it.
Jeadite entered the kitchen looking around and seeing the pig tailed haired beauty eating some of the chocolate cake he had made a few days ago. Walking up behind her he poked her sides which in turn made Serena jump around to see the guy.
"Hey!" She said laughing poking him. He smiled at her chuckling.
"How is the princess of the moon today?" He said smiling. Putting the plates in the sink she turned to him.
"I'm fine how about you?" She asked smiling. Jeadite smiled leaning closer to her.
"I would be better if a certain blonde beauty would except my offer of coming to the ball with me." He smiled at her getting lost in her beautiful blue eyes. Serena blushed looking away.
"Mina? Last time I saw her she was going to have a picnic with Kunzite. She told me she likes him a lot Jeadite so I don't think you have a change." She said going and grabbing a cup from the cupboard and filling it with milk.
"No." He said watching her. "I wanted to ask you, Serena princess of the moon if you would join me at the ball and be my date." He said happily taking her hand and kissing it. Serena blushed a lot looking at his ice blue eyes. "Will you then?" Serena nodded.
"Yah I will." She said smiling at him. "I was hoping you would ask me. I was afraid I would go dateless to Cousin Darien's birthday party."
"Have you been to one of those before, Darien's birthday parties I mean." Jeadite asked as they left the kitchen. Serena nodded thinking back.
"Yes I did, when he was younger. Most of the nobles had brought their kids. I remember Mina being there and Amy but that's probably because that Earth is really close and Mina's parents always traveled. She was the only one that knew Hotaru and Raye before we all had to come and had to train to protect Raye."
"Where is Hotaru?" He asked looking at her.
"She's on her planet training with the outer scouts so they can protect her." Serena stated. "She is just a doll. You should meet her."
"I'm planing on to." Jeadite said with a smile. "Darien said that we will be traveling the galaxy at least once before he takes the thrown." Serena nodded.
"We're going to visit her soon." Serena said. "So we can meet the outer scouts as well." She smiled at Jeadite. He was very cute. She liked him a lot. He took her hand as they walked to her room. "Well I guess I should be getting dressed. I'll see you at the ball." She smiled leaning up and placing a kiss on his cheek as she headed in her room. Jeadite rubbed his face softly smiling and blushing. Serena had really captured his heart so fast he didn't know it was gone till it was. Walking down to his room he whistled happily to himself.

**********************************

Artemis and Demos where laughing and attacking each other in the courtyard. Demos pounced on him biting his back lightly as Artemis fake growled at her.
"Come on now!" Artemis said glaring at her who just stuck her tongue out at him. He chuckled sitting down and yawning widely. "When is the ball again?"
"In a few hours." Demos said with a smile. "You going to ask Luna?" Artemis began to blush at the mention of the black cats name. Demos chuckled at his reaction.
"Fine i'm going to ask her for you!" Demos said getting up. Artemis jumped in her way quickly.
"No! You can't!" He said nervously. "I'll ask her just give me time."
"But its like an hour before. Your going to end up going with me." She laughed. "And won't you look soooo cool going with me."
"Its better then if we went with our parents." He moaned thinking about it. Demos laughed.
"But you liked going with mom. All your friends where jealous." She laughed falling over. Artemis sighed walking away from her. Demos laughed looking back at him.
"Go get her brother." Demos sighed looking at him head inside.
Artemis continued down the hallways to Serena's room. Scratching upon the door a servant opened the door.
"O hello kitty..." She said looking at him. "Who do you wish to see?"
"Luna." He said. The servant smiled looking in as a cat passed through her legs to see Artemis smiled to see her.
"Hey." She said smiling. "You ready to survey the ballroom for any problem areas?" She asked. He almost fell over. She was always so serious about her work. Sure they should be but not all the time. There where guards everywhere and there was always a scout a yell away too. Sighing he wished at times he didn't feel so strong for her.
"Sure." He said. They walked down the hallway slowly looking around, well Artemis continued to look back at her happily smiling. They entered the hall to see Arthur still there finalizing everything in the hallway. He greeted the cats hardly as they walked around checking every crack and every shadow of the ball room/thrown room. Darien was still in there, he was trying out the food.
"Luna." Artemis stated. Luna glanced at him.
"Yes Artemis?" She asked.
"I was wondering if you would be my date for the ball." He asked. Luna looked at him speechless not knowing what to say.
"What about your sister? Won't she feel left out?" She asked him. Artemis laughed.
"Actually she encouraged me to ask you." He said laughing. Luna sighed looking down. She didn't know what she wanted from him.
"Well I guess its ok." Luna said looking at him. Artemis almost jumped up for joy hearing those words spoken by her. Luna sweat dropped looked at him. He was to happy about this.
"I'm so happy!" He said bouncing around her. Luna just watched sweat dropping the entire time. He smiled quickly rushing away.
"Where are you going?" She yelled to him. He in turn around.
"I gotta go tell Demos this!" He said happily leaving the ballroom all to Luna. She sighed rolling her eyes. She didn't think it was that big of a deal to fuss over. Sighing she decided it was best to head back to Serena's room and keep an eye on her or she might forget or something bout the ball and her date being Jeadite.

*******************************

Destanance walked to Beryl's room. She wanted to do something "special" for the prince's 18th birthday since he was siding with the royal family with this war and also that he seemed to care for the young princess in question.
"Enter." A voice from within yelled. Destanance walked in bowing slightly seeing her. "What is it you want?"
"I would like to go and give Prince Darien a "special" gift for his birthday." She responded. "After all he does seem to harbor some interest in my niece. Beryl nodded turning around from her mirror to look at the woman.
"That is fine, I give you full permission. The better you hurt him the more she'll be hurt and if you can hurt your niece then that will also survive." Destanance nodded.
"Anything for you my queen." She said bowing. Beryl smiled happily (though her smile was a twisted and evil one) and waved her off.
"Go now so you can make it in time." She hissed looking back in her mirror and continuing to make her hair look nice. Leaving the room Destanance smirked evilly.
'But its not fair.' A voice came from within whispered. 'Raye, Hotaru, nor Darien deserve anything you unleash on them today or any day.'
"Yes they do." She growled turning to her room. The voice whimpered.
'When I regain more strength I will stop you.' The voice said. 'You are their aunt and friend, well should be yet your letting your greediness get in the way of loving the ones you should.'
"Shut up!" Destanance screamed walking into her room. "They betrayed me, not I them. They where the ones that took the thrown. I want it back!"
'Raye was to young when she was crowned heir to the thrown of Mars to have any control of it.' The voice continued. She growled. It was becoming rather annoying to hear that voice questioning everything she said or did. She was going to get rid of it one way or another.
Beryl sat in her room watching Destanance argue with an unknown thing. She smirked looking at it.
"Well then, we can't be having that." She said standing up to head to her thrown room. "Once this war is over, I'll take care of that problem permanently."

***************************

"Are you sure this place is it?" A blonde woman said looking out the window of the airplane as it landed on the strip. Hotaru nodded getting up.
"It should be, this is where my father said it was." She said getting off the plane placing on cloaks of a deep color. Hotaru's was a deep violet, the blondes was a deep brown, and the other girls was a deep emerald green. The green haired woman who wore the green cloak looked around seeing an ocean before them past the cliff.
"Its beautiful here." She muttered looking about after her eyes settled on the ocean. Hotaru smirked.
"Come on you two its this way." Hotaru said smiling and heading toward the palace. The guards bowed knowing who the girl was. Beside them to her right was a deep purple cat, almost black.
"Did you inform your sister that you will be coming tonight?" He asked.
"Of course not Hades! I wanted to surprise her." She said looking down and frowning. "Its been almost three months since we saw her and the others." She said with a smile heading in the gates. A deep violet green haired woman appeared behind them looking about in a black cloak.
"Sorry for that princess." She said. Hotaru didn't even stop.
"Its ok Setsuna." Hotaru said. "You are needed elsewhere at times." Setsuna bowed watching the others as they walked in.
"Amara, do you think it is safe for both princess's to be in the same area?" The green haired aka Neptune one said.
"Of course it is Michelle." Amara, the blonde aka Uranus replied back. "There are plenty of scouts here." Michelle nodded as they looked around the palace.
"Did you remember to bring the gift princess?" Michelle asked looking in Hotaru's hands.
"Of course." She said with a smile looking down at it. "I hope he likes it."
"He will." Michelle said touching her shoulder as they entered the ball room which was becoming quit a buzz of activity. Hades smiled looking around.
"I hope there are other cats like me here." He said looking up at the princess. Hotaru smiled down.
"I would think so if i have a cat like you, I'm sure my sister has one too." She said smiling. Hades nodded heading off into the crowd to find any sign of cats. Hotaru just smiled sweetie placing the gift on the gift table looking around. "I wonder if Raye is here yet." She said looking at her three friends.
"She will be." Amara said looking about for the princess.
Raye was on the top of the stares waiting for Darien. He hadn't come yet though everyone else behind her was ready. Serena was next to Jeadite, Nephlite was with Lita, Kunzite was with Mina, and Zoicite was with Amy. Raye looked down hoping he would get there soon.
Darien on the other hand was trying to fight off the Monsters in his room.
"Get away!" He yelled. The creatures sneered at him as Destanance appeared behind them.
"Happy birthday Darien." She laughed evilly looking at the trapped prince. He hit the hidden panic button underneath the dresser...
The lights began to flash in warning.
"What's going on?!" Amara said looking about. Arthur looked about sending guards to Darien's room. Raye took off with the rest of the scout and generals to his room first. Flinging the door open Raye saw Darien in a corner fighting off the creatures with all his might. Transformation pens came out of nowhere...
"Moon Power!"
"Jupiter Power!"
"Venus Power!"
"Mercury Power!"
"Mars Prism Power!" They yelled as their dresses and done up hair melted away to reveal the scout with their wands in hand. Jupiter was the first to attack along with Nephlite. A double kick went flying toward two monsters that flew back and disappeared. Mercury and Zoicite where next as she pulled out her wand.
"MERCURY TSUNAMI!"
"GALACTICA FREEZE!" Zoicite yelled as their powers combined and hit the creatures dead on, taking out two. Sailor Moon and Jeadite lined up ready for the next attack.
"MOON FOUR WINDS ATTACK!"
"ZEREAN WIND BREAKER!" With that two more where out and only one more was left. Mars picked up her Scepter and aimed at the creature with it. Its eyes glared at her. It seemed to be the head monster that started the attack. Darien picked up the rose he was going to give to Raye and threw it at the monster, landing in its eye. It screamed and hissed in pain as it glared at him. Raye began to twirl around and aimed her Scepter at it.
"MARS CRYSTAL FLAME SPIRAL!" She yelled sending the crystallized flame toward it. Everybody cheered as the last monster was vanquished. Raye on the other hand almost fell forward, would have hit the ground if it wasn't for Darien helping her. Looking up at his face she weakly smiled. Darien smiled back. That's when his outfit began to glow and change from a tuxedo into a full fledged prince garb.
"...What's going on." He said looking down still helping Raye stand there. The outer scouts with Hotaru came in. She hugged her sister, the outers took her from his grasp so Darien can see what had happened. Arthur ran in looking at his son. Once he realized what had happen, his face broke into a smile.
"You found your power." He said touching his sons shoulder. "By helping the princess here, you found the power held within you." Darien smiled looking down at his prince uniform. His father went and picked up the rose on the ground and handed it to his son. "This is your transformation, a rose. Any rose can become one but this one started it." He handed it to his son.
Hotaru heard but wasn't caring. Raye's scout outfit faded away cuz of loss of energy.
"You should really be careful." She said taking off her cloak. She placed her hands on Raye's and began to return some energy so her sister didn't fall unconscious.
"I know." Raye muttered gazing at her little sister. "But that attack takes a lot from me."
"She slept three days straight." Serena added looking at the two sisters. "She just woke up today." Hotaru looked alarmed at Raye.
"You've got to hold back on it sis, Dad says I can't use all of my power or I could be killed." Hotaru said helping her stand up. "And I'm guessing that is the same for you." Darien thanked his father and went over to Raye handing her the rose.
"This is for you princess." He said placing a kiss on her cheek taking her hand. Raye blushed taking the rose. All of her inner court went goo goo eyed on her.
"Aww." They exclaimed at once. Raye glared at them and took her sisters hand and placed her arm in Darien's arm which he had out for her. The outer scouts looked at each other and shrugged taking their place at the back of the line as they headed down the stairs to the ball.
Arthur was first then his son with Raye, then Serena with Jeadite, Mina with Kunzite, Lita with Nephlite, Amy with Zoicite, Amara and Michelle, and last was Pluto. The music began again and the ball started.
Serena and Jeadite took the floor right away. A smile drew across the moon princess's face as she was twirled around as they danced. Her heart was aflutter with this man. He then dipped her down and they began to dance more.
Amy and Zoicite where having a wonderful conversation about life in general. She couldn't help but be taken by such a general who knew what he was talking about as they conversed. Blushing she continued on with their talk.
Mina and Kunzite where at the snack bar eating away. He laughed lightly at the eager princess's appetite. Mina looked over and he handed her punch. She smiled happily looking at the general.
"Thank you." She said as she kissed his cheek then drinking her punch.
Lita and Nephlite where a totally different matter. There where on one of the balcony's duking it out. Lita landed a punch on the right side of his shoulders as he tripped her to the ground. Green fluff of a dress went everywhere as she fell to the ground laughing. Jumping up she tore off the bottom of the dress, it had come in two pieces, she liked dresses that way to reveal a body suit. Her shoes where flats and could be easily moved in. She jumped on his shoulders kicking him to the ground. Nephlite fell back laughing.
"Well you fight well for a girl." He said jokingly. She just stuck her tongue out at him, lending a hand to him. He stood up on his own then gazing at her face. She was so strong, yet so vulnerable. "Miss Jupiter you are very beautiful tonight." He took her hand and kissed it. She almost fell back but smiled blushing.
"Thank you Nephlite."
Raye smiled still holding the rose in her hand happily as she watched him talk to people that she had seen a time or two at her most recent birthdays. They bowed to her and left the couple alone. Turning Darien looked down at the princess that helped save his life.
"Shall we dance?" He asked bowing. She nodded taking his hand as they headed out to the dance floor. On the dance floor, both of them glided across it as the non dancers watched. He twirled the princess around, flaring out her white and red flamed dress. She came back to him as the gazed up into each others eyes like two people in love.
Hotaru smiled watching her sister and the prince along the side of the ballroom.
"Their so cute together." She said happily watching her sister and Darien dancing then realizing then that she hadn't seen Hades in quit a while. "Where did that cat go!" She growled in frustration. Hades liked to disappear for hours on end on Saturn.
Hades on the other hand had found the three other cats. Luna smiled as Artemis seemed to stand next to her jealously.
"Yah you guys should come visit Saturn around this time of year." Hades said with a smile looking at all three of the cats. Demos giggled watching her brother from the corner of her eyes.
"We should." Demos said standing up smiling. "You want to walk me to get a drink?" She asked Hades who was more then happy to escort the young cat. Artemis growled slightly as they walked away.
"Lighten up Artemis." Luna said. "Your making yourself look like an idiot."
"He's going to take you." Artemis complained. "I don't want to loose you." Luna blushed.
"You won't loose me to him Artemis but you might loose Demos." She said smiling.
"Demos?" He looked at her. He never really thought of his sister as getting lost to this new cat.
"Yes, I know how she looks when she's gotten a crush. Your her brother, so you wouldn't understand." Luna said almost laughing as Artemis became beat red. "Its good that he appeared or else your sister would have no body to love and be loved in return." Luna stood up. "Lets go scout around and see if there is any suspicious activity."
"Ok." Artemis said getting up as they headed out in the dance floor with Luna.

************************************************************ ***********

Ooo finally Darien's birthday. It's quite a long chapter. Well anyway please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.