Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Troubled feelings ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 9: Troubled feelings

Hotaru glanced around her room sighing. How come she woke up one day and everything seemed wrong. Her father was creeping her out, and the people at his lab seemed erie. She sat in her room, well lit, huddled on her bed looking out the window from time to time. Hotaru also feared that if she spoke up with her dad something was going to happen and she didn't mean a good thing either.
"I need to find that temple." She said to herself looking about again thinking back to the dream. Reaching over to her night stand she opened the drawer to take out the map of tokyo. The temple was here, she knew that. In read circled where all the temples of the city. They where pretty evenly spaced out as well. She read to herself the names of them again hoping something would jump out at her. "Tariand Shrine, Chinese Shrine, Hokazena Temple, Temple of light, Bejabara temple, Zerino Shrine..." She sighed. Again none of these seemed to be the name. Setting the map down she put the marker on top of it looking at her hands. Hotaru knew that if she didn't find the answers soon that she would be in danger. Glancing back at the map, something struck her as odd. The cap of the marker had come undone and had been rolling around a bit. She gasped looking at the weird circle it had created...and the one place that was listed inside of it. Picking it up she couldn't believe her eyes. There was another temple! She hadn't found it in her search, but here it was! She folded the map up and quickly went out the door of her room. Rushing downstairs she looked around a bit...no father in site. Smirking she quickly put on her shoes when her nanny came.
"Hotaru...where are you going when its getting late and in a rush?" She said looking fiercely at the child. Hotaru smiled at her.
"I want to go visit a temple, its been a while since I went and gave my offering." She said. Hotaru figured there would be no reason to tell her no. "Its not far from here and I'll be back shortly." The nanny flicked her red hair and sighed. She couldn't let on anything of her employers plans and besides that it seemed innocent enough.
"Ok." The woman said looking at Hotaru. "You can go but be back before your father gets home." Hotaru nodded and opened the door leaving happily. The woman sighed writing down the time and where to on a notebook that he had left for her to fill out if Hotaru was acting strangely. She glanced at the notebook and realized that for the past few weeks Hotaru had been acting stranger then normal. Sighing she closed the book and put it back in the cupboard and made a mental note to tell the child's father when he got home.

*******************************

Hotaru glanced around as she headed down the street for the bus. Digging out change from her pocket she waited for the bus. She couldn't be long. The bus pulled up and she got on putting the change in the little bucket thingy as she sat on the right hand near the front. The driver closed the door. Quickly Hotaru sat down and looked around as the bus took off toward the temple. All she could do is hope, hope that her questions would be answered by someone at the temple.

********************************

Raye sat in her room overlooking the yard sighing. They were finally gone to their homes. She didn't want to worry about this anymore tonight. Beside her was the brooch and the cat that made her way into their life and flipped it around forever. Even if this was all a massive dream of theirs it still would be unsettling once they returned to the real world. It had been a month since they had awoken and found everything to be reverted to the day when Jeadite had come and asked for a job at the temple to use the charms they sold to gather energy. Turning her back to the window she gazed down at the floor absently. It had been a while...

*knock knock*

Raye jumped from the noise. Who could it be at this hour. Sighing she slipped from her comfy spot on the window and opened her bedroom door and headed down the hallway to the entrance. Sure the scouts where stronger faster then they had ever been in their past lives, but was it worth it? Was it worth it to live a life that was a lie and loosing your sense of self cuz of it, just for more power. Sighing she gazed out the window absentmindedly and gasped at what she saw.

Hotaru...

But it was at least a year till they knew who that girl was and a year before she was suppose to walk into their lives for the first time.

That was in the past life though

Wiping the hair from her face she opened the door and gazed at the girl.
"Hi." She said looking around. "This is Cherry Hill temple, is it not?" Raye nodded opening the door wider so she may enter. Raye lead her to their conference room so she could talk with her in private so not to disturb her grandfather while he slept. After shutting the door she turned around and gazed at the young her. "I do have a reason for coming." She said breaking the silence once again. Raye nodded sitting down across from her on the floor.
"Well then..." Raye said. "What seems to be the reason?"
"It's just that...well..." Hotaru started feeling nervous. She was sure this girl was going to think she was nuts about this whole thing. Hotaru took a deep breath and looked at her hands while she began to talk about it all. "About a month ago i woke up one morning and everything seemed different, i don't know how to explain it at all. My father who I love dearly and would never hurt I just realized a month ago had been acting quit strangely. I'm scared to keep my door unlocked and sleep with it locked in fear of him."
"Did he change on that day?" Raye asked hoping this wasn't the beginning of the heart snatcher incident the scouts had to take care of.
"That's the strange thing...if i remember correctly he acted the same way before I woke up that day. It's just like that day I opened my eyes a little bigger and saw it for what it was." Raye nodded listening intently. So they weren't the only ones effected by this. Raye sighed wondering if she should tell her or not what was going on and why she had woken up like the rest of them that day wondering what the heck was going on. Though Lita and Mina didn't quit remember it all they knew they were out of place. She wondered if Setsuna and the others were feeling the same way as well. Raye looked back at the girl again focusing in on her. "...and then i had a dream about a temple and a girl. I searched high and low for a temple like the ones in my dreams. The voice told me to seek them and all my questions will be answered." That last part struck her as odd. Raye gazed at the girl not knowing what to say. Something wanted Raye to tell her about the scouts and what happened. "That's what I had to say and see what you thought if it." Hotaru added biting her lip hoping the girl didn't laugh in her face and say she was crazy. Instead the girl got up and turned around.
"Well then...your feelings were correct Hotaru about your father."
"How did you know my name?" She asked standing up and going behind the temple girl.
"There are a lot of things you don't know." Raye said. Turning she gazed at Hotaru. "Who ever it was that spoke to you knew of the situation that was going on with all of us."
"There is more then one?" Hotaru asked. Raye nodded.
"My name is Raye Hotaru, the day you woke up and saw things differently was the day most of us woke up and wondered why we were sent back in time. If you'll just listen and not talk till I'm done, i will explain everything." Hotaru nodded. That is when Raye went into everything she could think of and remember from both lives, explaining it all and how it had been since they woke up. Hotaru gasped in places and nodded in others. The dream had told her to come here to be told and this girl was telling. "...and in our past life your father was taken over by a creature that supposedly saved your life in a lab accident. He's trying to bring this pharaoh guy to earth and eventually he'll do something to you to be taken over by an evil mad woman to help him with this conquest of Earth." Hotaru gasped.
"So that's why my father is acting all strange..." Raye nodded.
"I would be very careful Hotaru if I were you. I wouldn't let your father notice you know." Raye sighed. "Tomorrow we'll somehow get your transformation pen from one of the cats so you can become a sailor scout which might help fight off this evil before it even starts." She stood up with Hotaru. "Well that's enough for one night, don't you say?" Hotaru nodded going toward the door. Raye followed her to lead her out of the house.
"Thanks thanks a whole lot...I never dreamed coming here would answer so many things." She shook the priestesses hand and headed toward the outside door. "I'll talk to you tomorrow then?" Raye nodded handing her a piece of paper with a phone number on it.
"It's my phone number. Call me if you ever need help." Hotaru nodded stuffing it in a pocket and heading out the door. Raye sighed closing it after waving wondering if she did the right thing. Turning she headed back to her room. Raye opened it up looking about to make sure that nothing had changed. Demos was still asleep on the edge of the window and Raye planned to leave her there. The crows were on top of her dresser's mirror sleeping. Sighing Raye turned to head to her bed but realized something odd; the window was open. Frowning Raye walked over there and shut it, swinging the hook so it locked it in place. "Probably the wind." She muttered to herself looking around again to make sure nothing was out of place. Raye went to her bed and was laying back when something poked her. Frowning, Raye thought Demos had left a dead mouse in her bed again but when she turned around she gasped. There was a rose, a red rose on her pillow. "...Darien...?" She asked herself more then anything around the room. Quickly she tore out of her bed and down the hallway to the door and quickly bolted out of her house to the middle of the front yard glancing about frantically. "Darien?!" She called out a few times but with no prevail. Sighing she looked at the rose again and headed back inside her home, locking the door when she got in. She set the rose on the night stand by her bed as she crawled in her blankets. Turning to gaze at it one last time she yawned and closed her eyes to be drifted off to sleep.

A tear slid down his cheek as he gazed through the window at her. The moonlight was hitting her ivory skin and making it glow. He felt so awful about this. But for some reason he had to give her a rose, it felt right. Though everything was so puzzling since a month ago. Everything was thrown in the air. Sighing he touched the window lightly and gazed at her one last time. She knew it was him but it wasn't that hard to put two and two together and realize it had been him. But it didn't matter now, he had to go on his feelings in this situation, and his feelings told him that Serena was never his love...

Raye was.

************************************************************* *****
Heh things are always lovey dovey when it comes to one of my stories. Heh though it's always a confusing emotion really. Anyway please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.