Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Confusion Galore ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 10: Confusion Galore

Serena looked out the window gazing upon the moon with her blue eyes. "Mom...I wish things weren't the way they were." She muttered talking to her past mom, whom she knew wouldn't answer her, well not the one she remembered. Sighing she went to her bed and sat there with Luna. She petted the cat absently as she read through her journal. Before they awoke in this timeline her old journal was full of things and she had gone through three of them. This one just looked empty. Looking at the smuggled marks of the ink she used as she scribbled in it. She turned back to the page where the two time frames collided....

*****************************

September 7: I can't believe Luna and her craziness about this princess. I mean can't she protect herself being like really powerful and all? She's probably pretty and such. Maybe i should be looking for popular girls as the princess, though the negaverse's attacks have been not for the princess but seem to be after energy. Amy said they probably need it to find her somehow. I don't know if i want to meet her or not. As this moves on I'll probaby want to more, but right now having a talking cat and throwing frisbees is a little off.

September 8: Its been a few days since they attacked last, though it seemed to be that way with the first few attacks. Amy says as the days go by we should keep an eye out more for weird activity. I have a hard enough time working on homework and trying to find names to call that black haired guy that keeps calling me meatball head! Grrr he really bugs me at times. Maybe he's from the negaverse and i can like moon dust him! hehe that would be fun. But I probaby won't try cuz I mean the negaverse isn't that stupid to have one of their guys stand out that much and be a jerk to random people. The sailor scouts would pick up on him and destroy him before he could even call out a monster. Well anyway i got a math test tomorrow so i'm going to go read my comics.

******************************

Serena bit her lip holding back a few tears at that last entry. Things didn't seem so different in a way from the life she lived. Darien was still a jerk to her and she hated it. A small laugh came from her mouth for the first time in a while. Looking back she thought back to those memories she now held so dear, the life she now wished she had. A long deep breath she moved onto the next journal entry.

******************************

September 11: I can't believe it! Today was so awful. I still can't control these tears. I remember the first time transforming into the princess, I didn't want it but now...now...o god how I want to feel that power, to hold that crystal in my hands, and defeat the evil threating earth knowing I and my friends; my guardians were the only hope for the Earth and the Universe. I hate it! Who ever did this to us I will make pay, pay dearly! Then maybe, hopefully things will go back to the way they were and it'll all be like we woke up from a dream. Then Darien and I will get married, I'll take over Tokyo some time and Rini will be born. You know you never know how much something means to you until you loose it. I hope i don't loose her. She may be annoying and a brat but I love her.

*****************************

Serena dropped the journal sighing and hanging her head down sadly. She felt so awful again, though the tears came slower this time. She had almost accepted everything that had happened finally. All the scouts knew it would take her the most time to recover from this. She silently thanked them all for their help and support in this time. Looking up from her hands she gazed around her room, making sure Sammy wasn't spying on her like he did a lot. He wasn't very quiet when he did things like that though. Serena stepped off her bed lightly and headed to the glass doors and slid them open walking out to her small balcony. Gazing down at the street at first she sighed then gazed back up at the moon. "Who am I then?" She said to the night but more to herself then anything. That's when she heard something land beside her. Turning she saw a man in a cloak gazing at her. He had blue eyes, like Darien's but instead of black hair it was blonde under the hood. Serena almost backed off the railing and flipped over it. This was an unexpected surprise. Bowing his cloak flew back and fell back behind him. "Who are you?" She asked mentally searching where she put her transformation pen. The man took a step closer to her, no words he spoke. Serena wished she had more room to back up quickly and then cursed herself for leaving the pen underneath her pillow. She just hoped Luna woke in time to bring it out. The man chuckled lightly, a kind chuckle that a friend would do...one that Darien did a lot back then. Serena's eyes went wide, and her hand went to her mouth slowly. The man came closer to her once again, this time Serena didn't look around but instead locked eyes with him, no words this time she spoke. He stopped when he held her wrist. He held it like when Darien did. She gazed down at him touching her and then back up at his covered face, into his eyes. A blush came to her face as they stood there like that for a few minutes. The other hand came up and touched the middle of her forehead lightly, making her mark flare up and sending a power surge through her body and her dress appeared as the surge went down. Serena looked down for a second but knew she was in no danger for some reason. The cloaked man shook his head in approval and bowed once again slightly. She nodded looking back into his eyes as he brought his face closer to her. The mans hand slid down her wrist to her hand, holding it in his as his other reached up and uncovered his face.

Serena gasped

The man didn't wait a moment longer when he bent down kissing her lightly. Serena for some reason returned the kiss. He backed away then, covering his face. He let go of her hand last and a small whimper came from Serena's lips as he did so. Bowing the man turned. Serena reached out and touched his shoulder. "Please tell me who you are..." She said almost in tears. "Cuz the face I see is not one that I hoped to..." The man said nothing but instead jumped away into the night. She fell to her knees, the dress still on flared up around her as she buried her face into her hands. How life was throwing her confusing things. She didn't want to take it all. Peering through the spaces between her fingers she gazed at the dress she wore. It was the same...Serena wiped her eyes off as she stood up and let the dress fade with the transformation. Walking in she saw Luna was still asleep. "She could sleep through anything..." Serena mumbled wiping her eyes from the final tears that had come. Picking up the journal and a pen she began to write.

October 8: How can my life get more confusing. I mean I know that Darien is for the princess which I know I'm not. But how can love...or a kiss come from someone so...so with the enemy. He showed me his face. I just hope it isn't him...I just hope it isn't the face I recognize that kissed me.

I just hope it isn't Jeadite who gave me that kiss. He's suppose to be evil...

Serena put down the Journal and sighed letting all the feelings go. Setting the Journal in a drawer in her night stand she got up and switched the light of her room off. The moons rays cascaded through the window and onto her bed, giving her a sense of warmth and protection as she laid back down, making sure Luna wouldn't be disturbed. Touching her lips absently she gazed up at the ceiling not knowing what to think anymore. Why did she return the kiss and why was she liking it so much now. Shaking her head Serena turned to her side gazing out at the balcony. That couldn't have been Jeadite, both men she knew didn't like humans at all. Nephlite had fallen in love with Molly in the past life, maybe they could love...but then why didn't he speak. Serena wanted to scream in frustration. Hopefully tomorrow she could figure something out and what happened exactly between them. Maybe that new cat, the one who stays with Raye could answer her questions about him and why he kissed her. Serena had enough of thinking for one night and closed her eyes to drift off to sleep. When Serena was snoring like her normal self, Luna's head popped up. She gazed out the window and then back at Serena.
"Demos was right. The generals do love the inner scouts. This makes things a whole lot more difficult..." Luna sighed curling back up and drifting off to sleep.

*********************************

Here is the tenth chapter! Heh I love rereading the story as I getting this thing ready to post back up on ff.net. First of all I want to thank you all for all the reviews that I have gotten thus far in the stories history. It makes me really happy that someone else takes joy in reading my story. This story if you haven't read the first new updated story started back in 11th grade, though in a different format, though the story idea is the same, that Raye was the princess.