Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Realizations ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 11: Realizations

Darien closed the door locking it of his apartment getting ready for his job. "Over and over again." He mumbled thinking about the last time he had to relive it. "Today there is a massive spill in the kitchen and I'll end up cleaning it up." Turning to go down the hallway he saw Serena there with her hand clasped below her waist sheepishly. "Serena..." He said almost alarmed. What was she doing here today. Serena had been kind of quiet and didn't see him much let alone come to his apartment.
"I needed to talk to you Darien." Serena said looking firmly at him. Darien came up to her holding his jacket under his arm.
"What about?" He said eyeing her in confusion.
"About Us." She responded more sheepishly then she looked.
"Serena..." Darien started feeling a pain in his heart on what she was going through at the moment. Serena was a free spirit that loved everything and everyone, that's what made her a great princess before everything happened. It broke his heart to see the pain hidden within her eyes. She didn't hide it well for she always wore her heart on her sleeve. She placed a hand on his mouth.
"I realize it now Darien, that crying and sobbing will not get the time back realigned or what ever happened. If this is what we are to live through, I must admit it to myself and move on." She looked up into his blue eyes. "There is no us anymore and probaby never was in this timeline. I'm letting my old self convince myself that this is all a lie and trying to hang on to hope." Serena removed her hand from his mouth and then forced a smile. "Lets start over again." She put her hand out for a hand shake. "I'm Serena."

*******************************

Amy looked up from her book seeing an odd man walk into her computer class. She continued to look like she was reading but kept an eye out on the strange man that had entered the classroom. He had a dark aura around him. Maybe she should just attack him or maybe she should sit and observe. She wasn't just the brain anymore in the group, she could actually do something. That was the one good thing that came with the whole time thing that happened. Amy didn't know what to think about Serena not being their princess anymore. She wished it wasn't so but again a new beginning always has new paths to follow. Amy knew that. She held a scientists view upon life.
"Miss Anderson." The teachers voice called out breaking her concentration. Amy stood up knocking her book and her bag on the ground.
"Woops..." She muttered quickly cleaning her mess up then going up to the teachers desk. "Yes?"
"This is the newest student: Jed, Jed this is Amy our brightest student." Amy bowed slightly looking at the man. His face seemed vaguely familiar as she looked into his blue eyes.
"Hello." He said bowing slightly as well. "Were do I sit?"
"Over in that corner." Amy said pointing to an empty desk.
"Ok." Jed said heading to the corner being trailed by the blue haired genius. Sitting down he placed the bag he was carrying beside him on the floor and turned on the computer.
"At least you know that much." Amy chuckled.
"What?" He said confused.
"A lot of people take this class to catch up on technology Jed. Not everyone who walks in here knows how to turn on a simple computer." She answered. "Well then you just go to the file named new and start from there." He nodded thanking Amy and began to type. Amy just went back to her computer still feeling the odd presents of the new person at the back of her mind. Pulling out the book again she began to read up on the greek gods once more.

******************************

Hotaru had been sitting in her room staring at the door all day. Maybe she should just call that Raye girl and move in with her. She didn't like the feeling that. Her fathers ways seemed to creep her out. Even when they were eating a meal down stairs he stared at her as if she was some prize to take over. Putting her hand to her head she let go a breath she had been holding hearing her fathers footsteps go past her door. "I should call her." Hotaru said to herself but then knew that she couldn't. He probaby had the phone tapped and her nanny was in on the whole scheme too.
"What am I going to do... How am I going to get out of here alive." The last statement was almost a whimper if anything. Picking up an old doll she looked down at her hands. Standing up she decided to go to the temple again and unlocked her door opening it and headed down the hallway to the steps. Walking down the steps she keeps an eye out for the nanny and her father hoping she can get out the door without him realizing she had left. Reaching for the door handle she turned it slightly and it swung open without a squeak. Stepping outside she headed for the temple once more.

Inside however her nanny was busy writing Hotaru's adventure in a notebook for the scientist to see later.

********************************

Raye stood on her steps sweeping away the dust and leaves that had begun to really fall around her house. Her mind wandered back to the rose. Did Darien leave it on her bed? Or was it just Chad sneaking around again. Chad never gave her roses though, he always gave her songs and poems and tried food once. Raye loved it but he never seemed the one. Darien was the closest she had ever gotten to falling in love in the past time thingy but it was destined to fall apart. A tear slid down her cheek as she thought about it. It wasn't fair at all. Looking up she saw Hotaru walking toward her.
"Hi again." She said sheepishly. Raye put on a smile for the young girl.
"Hi Hotaru." She replied stopping her sweeping. "What's up."
"I...I...I don't like it there anymore." Hotaru said. "Ever since you told me everything you knew about my father I've been scared that he'll pull something on me and I won't be able to stop it." She burst into tears leaning up against the miko's shoulder for support. Raye put the broom aside and hugged Hotaru with a frown. She was wondering if she should have told Hotaru the whole truth but someone had sent her to her the other day. Tears fell upon her kimno and caused it to get wet.
"It's ok Hotaru." Raye said to her kissing her forehead. "I'm sure we can stop it all before it happens in a year or so."
"I...I don't think he'll wait." Hotaru said looking up at the miko. Raye frowned looking up at the passerby's.
"Well we can't do anything right now Hotaru." Raye said. "We're completely lost as it is now. This whole situation has thrown us in utter chaos. That's when screams came from down the street. Raye's head shot up seeing a weird computer creature at the front of the temple eyeing them two.
"Who are you?!" Hotaru yelled taking a few steps forward from the miko. "Were you sent by my father?! Huh?!" The creature laughed at her stupidity and dove at her. Hotaru screamed jumping to her right just barely missing the blade of his sword. Raye quickly pulled out her transformation brooch and raised it up not caring that Hotaru and the creature saw. Hotaru was in danger and this might be what caused her to become Mistress 9.
"Mars Prism Power!" She yelled as the crystallized fire twirled around her like she was so used to by now. Within a heart beat she stood there scepter in hand and a determined look upon her face. "Who sent you, answer the girl." Raye said pointing the scepter at the creature who said nothing but tried to attack Hotaru again. Raye jumped and blocked the blow with her scepter causing sparks to emanate from the metals clashing. Raye twirled around. "MARS CRYSTAL FLAME SPIRAL!" Crystallized flames burst from the end of her wand but only hit its shoulder causing it to scream. Hotaru sat up seeing the situation unfold before her. "I need to help." She said looking about for something but beside her only laid a weird brooch thing with the symbol of Saturn upon it.
"Shout Saturn Prism Power." Demos said coming from behind them. Hotaru blinked twice at the talking cat but nodded and raised up the brooch.
"Saturn Prism Power!" With those words she changed into the nitrous scout of chaos. With her glaive in hand she turned fiercely at the creature and swiped it. As if by habit she yelled two words that nobody at this time would think she knew. "SILENCE WALL!" The attack hit directly frying the creature into dust. A little pod thingy fell from its middle and broke realizing some evil spirit creature. "Great..." Raye muttered breathing heavily from the attack she gave. "Now we got two overlords to deal with..."

*************************

Darien had finished work early since he knew the spill was coming he blocked it so it wouldn't spill. His manager was very proud of his actions and almost gave him a promotion on the spot. Walking into his apartment he put his keys next to the door and went to the answering machine. There was a single call. Pushing play he walked into the kitchen to make himself some supper. What he heard on the recording almost made him drop his plate.
"Darien...I know it sounds strange, but it's me Raye and well....I was wondering if you put the rose upon my bed the other night." Raye sounded quiet and vulnerable upon that recording. Walking over he stood by the answering machine looking at it not knowing what to do. If he admitted that it was him then he could possibly hurt Serena. He didn't want that. Why was he put in this position. Sighing he deleted the message turning back to the kitchen he finished cooking his rice. He was the quiet one of the group, he had loved Serena with all his heart and that's all it took to gain acceptance with them. He didn't want to ruin it all but again he didn't want to deny his heart of what it was whispering to him. Getting up after he finished his rice he slipped on his shoes to go talk to Raye about this. Maybe being a miko she could offer some insight to it all.

**************************

"What do you mean another monster?!" Beryl's angry voice spurned the low level warrior that stood before her with the news.
"A monster attacked someone at a shrine in Tokyo that was not of our army my queen." He said as the fear for his life began to grow. Beryl was not a very happy person to begin with and to tell her such news was almost signing your death warrant. "Find out who it is!" She yelled throwing her hand out and hit him across the face. He scrambled up and quickly bowed nodding running back into the crowd that was always gathered around her. Beryl turned to Destanance who was quietly standing beside her. "Well then how are the preparations going to find your relatives in Tokyo?" She sat on her thrown again.
"Well my queen." Destanance said bowing her head slightly and turning to her. "We think that one of them is in the scouts somewhere. We do not know who just yet."
"Ok I'll put my men on alert to start attacking each of the scouts and to find out who they are." Beryl said waving a hand and one of the men in front of her ran off. Destanance bowed and walked off to her room.
"Why are you still doing this?!" The voice inside her yelled. Destanance glared in front of her.
"Because she promised me the world, a place I wouldn't have had if I had laid back and let Raye take the thrown from me."
"She did not!" The voice said. "And you know it." Destanance cringed heading to her room and opening the door. A lot had happened in the past few months and she didn't know what to think anymore. "Beryl will kill you after she kills them." Whether or not she wanted to believe it Destanance had a feeling that the voice wouldn't lie about such a thing. Going to her bed she curled up and fell asleep.

**************************

Raye poured some tea into Hotaru's cup with a gentle smile upon her face.
"What was that that attacked us today?" Hotaru said worried. Raye sighed.
"I think it was one of your fathers creatures. Its not safe for you there anymore and we don't want Mistress 9 happening either so I guess you'll have to hide out here with me till its all over and done with." Demos sat beside Raye.
"I think she is correct about this Hotaru. I don't know about the whole weird mix up with timelines but they have been correct on many occasions." Raye looked down at the red cat almost speechless. Instead of poking fun at her he had actually been nice to her. Hotaru nodded feeling happier then she had in a long time about the whole situation. Raye was going to keep her safe hopefully till the could get her father back to normal.
"Thanks Demos." She said pouring extra milk for the cat. She meowed happily and drank it. There was a knock upon the front door. Raye looked at Hotaru who nodded that she could leave for a second and went to get it. Raye walked to the door opening it wondering who it could be this late at night.
"Raye?" Darien's voice said in the dark. He stepped forward revealing the rest of himself.
"Yah?" She said eyeing him. Had he come about the rose or a different matter. Darien looked at the fair skinned jet black haired miko who all of a sudden could take the words from his mouth. He stood there dumbfounded blinking at her. "Darien...whats up with you?" She said getting irritated. "Hotaru's here and well we got other matters to discus..." But she didn't finish that sentence for he pulled a hand behind his back and a crimson red rose was pressed between his hands.
"This is for you." Is all he got out. Raye looked up at him not knowing what to say or do. Tears began to welt up in her eyes. Could he have just...

This time a tear slid down Raye's cheek landing upon the soft petal of the rose as she took it from him.

A smile broke out upon his face.

*******************************************************

It's getting to be a long update. Heh. Yes all of the chapters have been updated all at once. Heh. I do hope all the extra time I'm putting in and such is worth it. Well I know it is. Well please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.