Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Plans in Motion ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 13: Plans in motion

Darien looked at the plan flying away with Raye and the others in it. His guardians also behind him waving the plan farewell.
"I hope we get to see them again!" Jeadite was the first to respond. "That Serena is a cute one." The rest just nodded chuckling at the guys outburst. Darien laughed along with them.
"Hopefully the princess's birthday is soon so we can all visit Mars." Kunzite said happy. All the guys nodded. "Mina really is a person from Venus, I mean she holds true to the beauty that they describe all venus woman have." A slight blush came to his face as he said that. Zoicite looked up from the book that Amy had given him from her private collection.
"Do you think it's destined?" He asked looking at the group who looked puzzled. "Well I mean the fact that the princess had taken quit a liking to Darien here and her guardians seem to be smitten with us as well." Darien just turned his head to the now gone plan and let a sigh out. He just hoped her aunt didn't actually accomplish what she had vowed to do. Raye was a very beautiful person, and not just looks either. That's what got him about her. "Be safe Raye." He whispered.

************************************

Serena giggled in fits of laughter as she saw the photo that was taken of her and Jeadite.
"I'm soooo happy!!!" Lita and Mina turned their heads to see the princess of the moon jumping around happily.
"Calm yourself." Lita spat looking down. "Their not THAT important." Mina just giggled poking Lita in the side.
"You so lie." She said sitting back in her chair. "Your just as smitten with Nephlite, and you know it." Lita's cheeks flushed as she was accused of such a thing. "I knew it! The scout of Love sees all things about love!" She exclaimed. Raye turned her head just chuckling at Mina then turned it back looking at her sister and the cats on the floor. She had grown quit a bit since the last time she was able to visit. Standing up Raye walked over to her.
"Hey." Raye said with a smile. Hotaru looked up giving a smile back at her sister.
"Hey missed yah." She added standing up and they hugged each other. Looking over Raye saw Setsuna, Amara, and Michelle sitting. Michelle was asleep and using Amara's shoulder for a pillow. Raye chuckled looking at the two then turned to her sister.
"Has everything been going well?" She said looking worried. "The attacks on mars have almost doubled since the marker passed saying there was only a month till my 16th birthday.
"There have been more attacks, but none that I would worry about. I have Amara, Michelle, and Setsuna when she's not busy defending the time gate." Hotaru smiled. Nodding Raye sighed.
"I'm just afraid it'll turn out like Destanance did." Hotaru just began to giggle making Raye look at her surprised.
"It won't Raye, I'm happy having you as a sister. There is nothing in my mind that doubts that you are to be the royal heir of mars. I'm the heir of Saturn if you haven't forgotten."
"I know I know...." Raye mumbled rubbing her forehead. "I'm so sleepy."
"Then go to sleep, I'll wake you when we get home." Hotaru placed a small hand on Raye's shoulder. Nodding Raye headed to the back of the ship. A smile crept over Hotaru's face as she watched her leave. A month she would have with her sister and Hotaru was looking forward to it.

**************************************************

De stanance growled looking at the cauldron of boiling liquid in front of her. An evil twisted smile crept upon her face. It would only be a matter of weeks when she would take her rightful place as the heir to Mars, queen of all. Throwing some weird slug in the batter she went to sit down. Mars people were known for their way with magic and how to manipulate it; she was no different. She was going to win this war with Martian magic.
"That will prove that I'm meant for the job." She hissed in delight standing up and grabbing a bottle of something and throwing it in there. It began to smoke and bubble even worse then before. Never had she ever felt the power Mars held nearer to her finger tips.
"Destanance please report to the thrown room." A metallic voice called in a microphone to her room. Nodding she stood up and headed out the door to see Beryl standing there.
"All is well I presume?" The evil woman chuckled smelling the potion upon her.
"Yes my queen." Destanance said bowing. "Her birthday ball Raye will drink this potion and all will be lost for them."
"Good." Beryl chuckled touching her shoulder. "I only expect the best from my best woman on the job."
"You better." Destanance glared mockingly. "Cuz I want that thrown as much as you do."
"Good." Turning she went to her thrown. "I expect you to use one of my spies to get that drink in the palace by the time the ball is going."
"I will."
"Then we have nothing else to say you may go now." Beryl waved her off. Destanance bowed backing away from the thrown and heading back to the potion brewing in her room. "It's only a matter of time before I can drop excess baggage and take MY rightful place as ruler of this universe!"
An evil chuckle filled the halls of the Negaverse as Beryl let herself go.

***********************************

Raye's birthday came up father then anyone of them had really expected it to though they were reminded everyday of it. Sitting in a chair Raye pressed her lips together watching people now hurry about to fix the castle up for her birthday. It reminded her that she was one year closer to her accession to the thrown, and one year closer to Destanance's promise. This birthday was not a happy one indeed.
"Princess Raye!" A maid came rushing up. "...It's your mother...Queen Raydance..." Standing up worried Raye rushed down to meet the servant woman. Hotaru came running out of the crowd.
"What's wrong with mother?"
"She's fallen ill." The servant woman said. Raye looked worried at Hotaru. Never in their memories had their mother fallen ill. Quickly they rushed with the servant to her bedchambers where Herid was already standing.
"Dad!" Hotaru said rushing up. Both girls stood there looking worried.
"Your mother will be find you two." He said. "Don't worry about her so much."
"But mother has never fallen ill!" Raye exclaimed looking at the doors that were closed shut behind him.
"All the more reason she just has." He said pulling his two daughters to his sides then sighing. "She'll be fine. Your mother has made it through a whole lot of stuff. No lousy old stomach flue is going to get her."
"May we see her?" Hotaru pleaded with her father. "Please?"
"No, not this close to Raye's 16th birthday, I don't want the whole court falling ill." He chuckled. "Now if your mother isn't feeling well after the ball I will allow you two to go see her, but not till after then. Now go run along and do what princess's do during the day." Both of them bowed nodding solemnly and headed away from the hallway.
Raye though took one final look at the door and sighed. Something wasn't right about this. Mother never grew sick.

***************************************

The plan was finally set and she would have her revenge...

'But at the cost of your sisters life and the lives of your nieces?' A voice said within her. Who was this that kept bothering her now a days. Normally she could just ignore it but now its been becoming really bothersome.
"Shut up." Was all Destanance said walking out of her room, She was finally going to win her rightful thrown back and she didn't care what the cost. And tomorrow was the day....

********************************************************** ****

Another one of those ones that heads back in time. I love how it switches back and forth telling the story of the past with Raye as princess with the present girls not knowing what to do because of the confusion that it has all left. Please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.