Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Mars Saga ❯ Visions of the Past ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Version 1.5
Now with Spellcheck

The Mars Saga
by Candy aka solarsun
Chapter 14: Visions of the Past

Amy walked down the street happily looking at the phone number that Jeadite's friend had given her. Today she was going to call him. It had been a week since she had met up with Jed and Zach. A blush came to her cheeks. Was this really happening? Was she going to go on a real date with someone? A giggle came upon her lips and she happily walked down the street trying to plan out how she was going to call him and what she was going to say...
Blinking she saw a man standing in front of her. It was him. Zach seemed to be waiting for someone at the corner looking at his watch. Amy chuckled rushing up behind him very uncharacteristically and poked him in the back. Zach jumped turning his head to see the blue haired genius and his face as well broke into a smile.
"Long time no see." He said. Amy smiled.
"Yah, I was going to try to call you today...though I meant to call you every other day this past week."
"O really..." He eyed chuckling. Amy nodded giggling and blushing. The only other time she had ever felt this way about any guy was Greg and he was to far away, even for a scout. "Well then what was this call for exactly?"
"Well...." She started then realized how fast her voice was going out. This wasn't like her trying to ask a guy out. Especially one that she hardly knew. He watched as her cheerful outgoing face turning into a shy and bashful one as he realized what exactly what the phone call was going to be for. He chuckled. "Well...then where exactly do you want to go?" Amy's somber face broke out into a smile again.
"I thought we could just hang out at my favorite mall, the one with my favorite book store there." She smiled. "I thought it would be a good place to get to know each other, since we're both known to be smart and all." Zach just nodded smiling.
"Sure, I'd love to go. When do you have time?"
"How about tomorrow?" Amy asked him hopefully. He nodded in responds which made Amy very happy. She bowed.
"How about we meet at the bus stop in front of Cherry Hill Temple and go from there at 3."
"Sounds great." Zach responded. "Well I got to go get some of my books for tomorrow's class, so I'll see yah then." He said waving as he crossed the street. Amy chuckled then twirling around clutching her books close to her as she giggled. Something about Zach threw her into a whirlwind of emotions. Who was he to exactly do this to her? Normally she was the calm rational one of the group. Right now it really didn't matter. The walk sign turned green and she rushed across to get to her computer class, she would probably meet Jed along the way. She would have to thank him for having them meet.

************************************

Humming happily Hotaru carried the package down the street. The temple was a nice calm place to live and she didn't feel as worried as she used to when she lived at her fathers. Turning the corner she saw the police walking around with a picture in their hands. Gasping Hotaru quickly turned back. On the picture of course was her. Her father was trying to find her.
"Crap..." She muttered setting the bag down trying to think of what to do. Hotaru didn't know any other way to the temple besides the one they where on. Worrying about getting caught and being forced to go home Hotaru grabbed the bag and ran the opposite direction. Maybe Serena who lived a few blocks away could think of a way to elude the police. Rushing a shadow figure stepped out of an alleyway knocking her flat on her face sending the bag of groceries everywhere. Looking up she saw a woman laughing evilly.
"Now now... what do we have here? Why Hotaru you shouldn't run away from home. Your father is quit worried!" Standing up Hotaru spat upon her face.
"That's not the father I knew of." She said coldly. "I will not go back." The smile upon the woman grew into a frown as she threw a hand out to grab her hair. Hotaru ducked and knocked the woman off her feet. Raye had been training her for situations like this. The woman jumped up and landed a few feet away.
"You little BRAT..." The woman hissed as her form began to melt off revealing a woman made out of rubber and a weird pattern of ducks where upon her skin. Hotaru reached in her kimno she wore for her transformation brooch.
"SATURN PRISM POWER!" She yelled and within a second or two Sailor Saturn stood there with her weird glaive at her side.
"Well well well, don't you have a few secrets up your sleeve dearly." The woman said throwing her hands out shooting out rubber ducks from the finger tips. Spinning her glaive Saturn knocked them all away from her and jumped up.
"Silence Wall!" She yelled sending a wave at the weird rubber woman who flew a few feet and landed turning into ashes. Breathing heavily Hotaru used the glaive as a third leg for support. "I really got to get used to this..." Turning her head she saw the two police had come up around the corner and where clapping for victory. Bowing slightly toward the growing crowd she jumped away toward Serena's house.

************************

Raye stood at the door now worried. The police had been at the temple asking for Hotaru just recently. Luckily her grandfather was asleep and she could answer their questions, of course lying. She knew why her father was looking for her and so did Hotaru, hopefully the scout of Saturn saw them before they did her and left.
"Your worried aren't you," Demos said looking up at her. Raye sighed in frustration deciding to go clean the fire room while she waited.
"Well of course," Raye said looking down slightly. "I mean she is the scout of Saturn, that hasn't changed and neither has her power. If her father does what he did in the past life then this whole world could be jeopardized and us scouts are all confused so much that he might win." Demos just chuckled as she listened to Raye. That wasn't the reason but Raye wasn't ever going to admit that she missed the girl that kept her company. Walking in the fire room she grabbed a wash cloth and kneeled upon the hard wood floor and began to wash it. Demos just sat there washing herself thinking back to old memories of her brother and her. She was hoping he would remember soon. It bothered her that he hadn't remembered yet though most of the scouts say they can't remember that well which past was the real one. Things had to be so frustrating! That's when she noticed Raye was looking up at her.
"Yah?" She responded.
"You...know more then your letting on," Raye said sitting up.
"Of course," The cat responded with a smile. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to let on what I know."
"Why not?" Raye said frustrated. "We could have everything dealt with."
"Because Raye things have to be this way. Besides my memory is fragmented a whole lot. I don't know what is a true memory or just my imagination." Raye almost feel down but was startled by Serena looking in on the door. Someone stepped in.

It was Hotaru. Though her hair and looks didn't look anything like the scout of Saturn her senses told her that it was the same girl.
"We figured that the transformation pen would be good now," Serena said with a smile looking at Raye. "The police are all over the block in front of your temple since everyone says they've seen her just recently along that stretch."
"And that is why I got attacked too," She muttered sitting down. Demos came up and sat in the middle of all of them.
"Well then Serena had the right idea, Hotaru you will stay in transformation as long as possible. We have to do this till the situation with your father is settled but we can't do that till the situation with Beryl is also resolved." Hotaru just sighed and looked down nodding.
"You can be my cousin," Raye said trying to cheer the girl up. "On my fathers side of course since grandpa doesn't know that much about my fathers side." Hotaru nodded standing up.
"I'm sorry that I ruined the groceries, I'll work off the amount I owe you." Raye waved it off.
"Its ok. Better the groceries then you Hotaru, don't worry about it." Serena broke in speaking Raye's mind then sitting down beside the girl. "We don't want you to be taken away by your father and turned into Mistress 9. We where all heart broke when we found out in the last life that you turned into that woman." A relieved look washed over Hotaru's face as she nodded with more strength.
Demos just smiled (well the best a cat could) at the three girls turning her head to the fire. The sacred fire burned in the middle of the room, giving off its destructive light all over the room causing weird shadows to flicker where nothing was...

A deep purple cat came into focus all of a sudden...
"Demos..." His voice said. Upon his brow was the sign of Saturn white against his fur.
"W...what's going on?" She muttered realizing she was laying down.
"They've attacked!" He shouted. That's when she looked around to see not the fire room in Raye's temple but a big ball room with chunks of wall, pillar, and ceiling upon the floor around them along with bodies.
"Wh...what do you mean?" She asked sitting up.
"Destanance did it, she's trying to fulfill her warning. We've got to find the princesses! Destanance is trying to brew a curse upon the uppermost tower of the palace..."
"Who's Destanance..." Demos asked looking around and seeing creatures and people screaming throughout the room.
"You must have been hit pretty hard on the head. Just follow me, we've got to find them. Destanance can't fulfill her warning. The whole universe is at stake if she does!..."

...a light shaking of her body was the next thing she could feel. Opening one of her red eyes she saw the three girls sitting around her, her of course on Raye's lap.
"...your awake..." Hotaru muttered breathing a sigh of relief. That's when she noticed everyone else was there, including Artemis and Luna.
"...what's going on?" She muttered sitting up slightly.
"You passed out." Raye said as everyone nodded. "Been out for a few hours. I was about to rush you to the vet." Shaking her head Demos looked around more. She was still in the fire room. Why was she shown that? Who was the purple cat that seemed so familiar...and why did he hold the sign of saturn on his head. Surely if there had been another cat she would have remembered it...right?

Probably not

She didn't know what to believe anymore. Why was everything so confusing? Why where the scouts also so confused and had lived a life that was a lie without her? All the questions seemed to be swirling around in her head when she noticed it...

the fire...

It wasn't normal anymore. A gasp came from her lips making everyone turn to see what exactly was going on. The fire wasn't its normal self anymore. Instead of the normal reds, oranges, yellows, and whites that made it up it was just red and purple. Inside the flames danced two signs intermingled.

Mars and Saturn...

******************************************

This is another one of those more prominent cat ones. Also I like how mars and saturn where in the fire and how the story ended of course. It kind of left you hanging even though it didn't because we all knew the reason why mars and saturn where in the fire. It's kind of like we know what's going to happen but we want to know how they'll react since they don't know. Heh anyway please review before you go and as always thanks for taking the time to read one of my stories.