Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Return Home! ❯ Second Confrontation ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Luna returned to the central chamber within the Crystal Palace. Michelle heard footsteps approaching, looked up, and waved her over. Luna discovered Michelle was studying the specs on the aptly named, Luna City Project commissioned by Serenity and Endymion. The new city currently under construction on the moon was located two hundred kilometers from the old capital. The project was a joint venture between Crystal Tokyo and the members of the Crystal Kingdom throughout the solar system. The aqua haired girl smiled warmly, inviting Luna to look at the screen. Michelle handed her a crystal scroll to insert into the crystal data port.

"Its quite impressive Michelle, it's much larger than the former capitol ... how many people are going to be living there?" Luna asked sighing as memories of Serenity City came flooding back.

She took in the breathtaking Luna landscape dotted with a web of surface monorail tunnels constructed from clear super-strength crystal. It was an awesome sight; the lattice of tunnels linking the new domed metropolis with science stations and construction camps looked fantastic from space.

"Alex estimates from the data he's received that it will be around fifteen million." Michelle said as Luna let out a long whistle.

"The project brings back so many memories you know; why I can recall my arrival in the old Moon Kingdom from Mau as a kitten with my parents Lenora and Apollo." A tear escaped the long dark lashes and slowly trickled down Luna's cheek as she remembered her life during the Silver Millennium, now she felt so alone that Serena and Darien were gone.

"Luna ... I must urge you to speak to Alex and Rini ... Err, its very important." Michelle replied unable to hide the look of concern on her face.

"What about Michelle?" she asked, guessing it concerned the relationship between Alex and Hotaru.

"I'm sorry Luna; I can't tell you myself ... its better if you speak to Alex about it."

Luna touched Michelle's shoulder excusing herself, promising to return and look at the specifications for the habitat belt within the domed city named in her honor. She moved gracefully across the azure blue stone floor of the massive chamber. Luna's sapphire high heels clicking like castanets as she went with the echoes competing with one another as she hurried on her way. The central chamber was usually a beehive of activity within the palace. Darien and Serena used it years ago as a school for Alex, and a year later, his younger sister Rini. That was over ten years ago now, and Alex just turned twenty-one and Rini is now seventeen. He was a little taller than his beautiful sister was, and possessed the same lean build, shock of jet-black hair and penetrating blue eyes of his father. Alex also possessed many of his father's idiosyncrasies and charm. He sent the hearts of his female classmates soaring. He impressed tutors and noble women alike as they all but fell over themselves backwards to please the handsome young prince. Even at sixteen, he had an adoring collection of young and beautiful admirers watching his every move. He was so much like King Endymion, and he knew it too and played it for all it was worth. He had the charm and manners befitting a son of the King, and the warm smile of his mother the queen.

Rini was a stunningly beautiful princess of the moon. She was more outgoing than her brother, sometimes a little too much according to her parents. She often went bareback riding always selecting the most dangerous and spirited of horses from the royal stables. She often engaged in thrill seeking outdoor sports. She loved hiking and camping. However, her parents drew the line at rock climbing, but struck a compromise. She could only do so on her seventeenth birthday, and only if her husband Helios went with her in case she fell. The idea being, if anything went wrong, and she lost her balance and fell he could transform and catch her. Rini thought this romantic, and did not mind a bit, nor did Helios. He smiled at the queen and bowed solemnly, then winked at Rini. Serenity of course, missed nothing, and playfully whacked Helios with one of her meatball plaits. They all laughed uproariously as Helios took a tumble into Rini's arms. He grinned sheepishly at the queen, and promptly planted a kiss upon Rini's brow. Rini was of course, keen to waist no time and went rock climbing with him the following day. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves; there were no mishaps, and Rini had a ball.

Back at the Crystal palace, Luna sought out Alex. She was determined to find the underlying cause of the impasse between the new rulers of Crystal Tokyo.

"Nephrite, have you seen Alex? I have to talk to him. It has to do with Hotaru. And I can tell you now Alex is not going to be happy," Luna announced.

"Hotaru was attacked outside the palace, and the others went to her aid. Do not worry; Hotaru is safe and the battle over! ... Its okay!" Nephrite said wishing to assure her all was okay with her young charges.

"I must speak to Alex. Trust me, for what I have to say is something Hotaru ought to share with him, and he has a right to know. ... Believe me, it concerns the future of Crystal Tokyo and must be resolved!" Luna said earnestly.

Luna looked around nervously. She had to tell Alex what was going on and that Hotaru does not want to be Queen anymore.


******** Outside the Palace


Everyone had hurried to Sailor Saturns side to assit in a fight she was quickly losing.

Moonlight Night was the first to reach Saturns side. He knelt down and took her by her slim gloved hand and helped her to her feet. He did not understand what was going on or who these three girls were but he was not willing to find out.

"I told you that you stand no chance against the Sailor Soldiers. So just back off and leave our beatuifl planet peacefully," Saturn replied.

"Well, well, what do we have here. The little Sailor brats from last night are back. Should we finish them off now Cheyenne or take them back to our sister?" Oyeme asked.

"These are three of the sisters who killed our King and Queen," Mars replied in shock.

Everyone looked on in shock. They could not believe they were acctually facing their new foes just a day after having their beloved king and queen murdered. They all took their stance prepared to do battle against this new enemy. Hoping with all hope that they could rid themsleves of this new threat before it got to serious.

:You will pay for what you did to our parents. I am Sailor Moon and I stand for love and justice. And in the name of the moon I will punish you," Saior Moon responded.

"We don't have time for this. Let's just get this over with," Oyeme said in a bord tone.

"With pleasrue. Because when we are through you will be running back to what ever hole you crawled out of. Negaverse trash," Jupiter snapped back.

“SILVER DRAGON FIRE LANCE!” Cheyenne shouted.

Jupiter realized that Sailor Moon was standing right in the path of Cheyenne's deathing attack. Luicky she was quick enough to grab Sailor Moon by the arm and pull her down right about the time the large eergy ball came above there heads.

"What I want to know is what happened to the three girls I ran into in town? What did you do to them?" Saturn questioned.

"Oh. don't worry they are fine. Don't worry your sorry little hide over them," Oyeme replied.

Before Saturn could reply she watched as Millie go over to the girl named Cheyenne and whisper something into her ear. And what she said was not quiet enought to keep Saturn from over hearing.

"Cheye, can we please go back home now. We have not got a chance against this many Sailor Soldiers," Millie whispered.

"CHEYE? You are the girl from town? I thought you wanted to be friends? I am sure Hotaru would want to be friends with you," Saturn announced.

Saturn walked over to Sailor Moon and leaned in close.

Can you by chance heal her and make her a good person. I think deep down she does not realize the trouble she has caused. Please help her Sailor Moon," Saturn whispered in her ear.

Sailor Moon looked at her friend as if she had something wrong in that little black haired head of hers. But then she got a glimpse of her friends eyes and realized that this is one thing that would make her friend happy. She knew Saturn has been down as of late.

"Sure," she answered.

Sher turned to face the sisters who where talking amongst themselves as they plan their next attack. Just as the sisters where turning around Sailor Moon grabbed her chance to help Cheyenne and hopefully the others.

Cheyenne pushed her sister away forcefully for her stupidity.

"MOON HEALING MILLENNIUM HEART TRANSFORM!"

Just as Cheyenne was turning to confront the Sailor Scouts, there was a blinding light that was headed straight for her. She tried her best to prepare return fire but she was not quick enough. And right when she thought her life was over she felt all warm inside. Every ounce of hatred she felt seemed to be fading away. She hasn't felt this warm in a few years. When she felt the darkness was gone she stood infront of the Sailor Scouts and her sisters appearing as she did before.

She stood before everyone with flaming read hair and dressed in a knee length black dress with a silver and gold braid trim upon the bodice around the neck and waist, also she wore black heels on her feet that was cmplimented with a gold star on the very tips of each shoe.

Before Sailor Moon could get the chance to help the others they had disappered in a viel of energy that knocked Cheyenne back words.

Cheyenne quicly got to her feet and faced the Sailor Scouts. "Thank you. I am sorry for the trouble I have caused you and yes, I would like to be friends with Queen Hotaru, but apparently she is not here to have a say in it," she replied.

Saturn grabbed her heart crystal in the center of her chest and looked straight at Cheyenne.

"That is where you are wrong Cheye. SATURN DETRANSFORM!" Saturn said when she stared at her new friend.

Sailor Moon and everyone all followed suit. And stood before Cheyenne showing their true forms.

"Cheyenne why not come home with us to stay until you can get more settled here in Crystal Toyko," Hotaru replied.

"Thank you again," she answered.


*******Back in the Palace

Just as Alex was walking through the front palace doors he happened to over hear Luna saying something about him and Hotaru.

"I must speak to Alex. Trust me, for what I have to say is something Hotaru ought to share with him, and he has a right to know. ... Believe me, it concerns the future of Crystal Tokyo and must be resolved!" Luna said earnestly.

Luna looked around nervously. She had to tell Alex what was going on and that Hotaru does not want to be Queen anymore.

"What is this all about Luna is there something you need to discuss with me?" Alex asked as Luna took in his navy blue uniform with crescent moon insignia, and a blue sphere representing the Earth on the left side of his uniform above his heart with sword by his side. He was a young warrior in repose as he stood within the arched doorway. Hotaru stood beside him with a scowl upon her face. Luna noticed the newcomer, a girl with long red wavy hair in a short black dress standing beside them both. Luna coughed in surprise and remembering her manners greeted the prince and princess along with the new arrival.

"Greetings young lady; are you going to introduce our guest Alex? Excuse me young lady, but I need to have a word with Alex." Luna said looking at the trio standing before her with some puzzlement.

Luna turned around in surprise. She noticed Hotaru was standing beside him with a scowl on her face. She then noticed a new girl with them. She remembered her manners by then.

"Alex, Hotaru your back!" she asked.

"And who is our new friend that has come back with you. Did you find the killers of the Queen and king?" Michelle asked.

"Okay, why didn't you tell Artemis about your parent's deaths?" this took Alex and Hotaru by surprise as Luna's tone turned to one of cold rage.

"You know he almost freaked out when I mentioned it to him, thinking he already knew! ... It was all I could do to calm him, and Mina had to spend a considerable amount of time soothing him ... how could you do that to him! ... I know you thought you were sparing him, but he would have found out eventually ... he loved your parents as much as any of us and he ought to have been told the truth when I was told! ... So don't tell me you two won't talk about your relationship, I've had enough of your selfishness!" Luna shouted as tears began to run down her cheeks. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she broke down with all she held inside as Artemis rushed to her side putting his arms around Luna's waist and stroked her hair gently.

"Alex, you are the one to make the choices now. Therefore, you should tell him what happened. I was just trying to keep from hurting Artemis by telling something that was your problem," Michelle answered.

"Artemis, I am sorry, but my mom and dad are not going to come home again. They … I mean to say we are going to have a funeral this weekend. I hope you do come," Alex announced.

"The funeral is my parents, Luna and no one can help them," he answered.

"Of course there is. Why don't you talk to the woman standing next to you? She has the ability of helping people out," she announced.

"Yes, Hotaru has the ability but we are not...........Hotaru that is a good idea. We can bring my parents back if you are willing to try. Please love? I need my parents back. I want my mother and father please Hotaru and then you would not have to worry about taking the throne anytime soon or getting married. That is what you told me months ago. That you wanted to wait before you got married. That you wanted to wait a little longer like a year," Alex cried.

"You know what Alex, you are selfish. Hotaru does want to marry soon. And when we do marry we will take the throne like planned," Rini announced.

"You still want to marry me don't you Hotaru?" Alex asked looking from his sister's blazing eyes down into Hotaru's beautiful orbs.

"Umm ...I...I...I can't!" she cried as she pulled away and rushed out of the chamber in tears leaving them all stunned and confused.

*^*