Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Return Home! ❯ Another Sister Arrives ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Meanwhile, back at the head quarters of the Velvet Seven ... now the Velvet six. Oyeme and Millie materialized in a flash of metallic blue.

"Angel! ... Angel we have a serious problem!" Oyeme exclaimed.

"What is it Oyeme, spill! ... Where is Cheyenne, I thought she was with you?" Angel said frowning while taking in the frightened expressions on Oyeme and Millie's faces.

"That's the problem. The Sailor Scouts took Cheyenne and did something to her and she's joined them!" Oyeme replied quickly stepping back far enough from any angry reaction from her sister Angel.

"You mean Cheyenne has been transformed by the power of light? What am I going to do without my big sister and closest friend? ... They took her from me. I cannot allow it! ... Cheyenne has been both mother and sister to me ... we have to bring her back!" The woman-child, Honey-Sweet sobbed while hot tears poured down her cheeks.

"Honey, you know why we can't do that, it's because the Sailor Scouts will try to do the same thing to us as they had with Cheye! ... You must forget her now! ... She chose her path, and there's nothing any of us can do about it, nor should we!" Divine rudely chided ignoring the sobbing young woman's distressed state.

"Divine ... you're right in your summation of the situation, but, nevertheless you should know better than to blurt it out in front of Honey-Sweet like that! ... You should remember she has the mind of a nine-year-old child! You have to be gentle with her!" Oyeme whispered angrily to her sister.

Honey had taken what Divine said to heart. She could not help but cry as a result. She was remembering the many situations when Cheyenne stood up for her, for she had always been there to take care of her, especially when her sisters picked on her. She missed Cheyenne terribly, despite the fact that only a few hours had passed, such was their bond.

*At least if I were with Cheyenne, they could not abuse me. * Honey-Sweet mused.

Angel approached Honey-Sweet to comfort her, but she shook her head and wailed despairingly as she ran from the room bawling her eyes out. Angel turned to Divine, and gave her a hard cold stare, before reaching her hand back and bringing it across Divine's cheek.

Divine placed her well manicured hand on her cheek where Angel just slapped her. Angel never done that before. Divine did not know what to think of her sister slapping her like she did.

"DIVINE, that wasn't called for! ... How dare you talk to Honey that way? It falls to each of us to watch over her, but one of us has to protect and guide her ... and I am best suited for that task! ... Let me make this perfectly clear so even ditzes like you can understand my meaning, for who ever hurts her like that again answers to me!" Angel shouted at her sisters.

"Yes Angel ... we've got your point!" Divine replied while the others silently nodded their agreement.

Honey stood outside of the door listening to her sisters discuss how she was to be treated. Honey did not want sympathy, nor did she wish to listen to any arguments. She only wanted to be with Cheyenne. It was at that moment Honey arrived at her decision; she was returning to Crystal Tokyo alone and seek Cheye out no matter how much she might have changed. Later, Honey slipped out unseen.

*It couldn't be that bad, could it? * She asked herself as she moved across the compound's outer grounds, and prepared herself to teleport back to the Crystal Kingdom.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


"Cheyenne, you are welcome to stay as long as you wish. We will protect you from your sisters and ensure no harm comes to you ... I promise!" Hotaru re-assured sincerely.

"Thank you, everyone! You've all been so nice to me, especially after what I did. I really am sorry King Endymion and Neo-Queen Serenity. I hope you will forgive me. I hope you will allow me to remain here and serve you ... please?" Cheyenne implored the powerful monarchs as they sat upon their silver-crystal thrones covered in black velvet lined with metallic silver trim and stunning pearl tassels.

"Please address us as Serena and Darien. Yes, Cheyenne, we forgive you and will protect you. You're welcome here indefinitely if you so desire." Darien said smiling for the first time since prior to their first encounter with the Velvet sisters.

"Cheyenne, what's wrong? You look so sad, is there anything we can do to help?" Serena asked noticing the look of despair in the girl's beautiful green eyes.

"Well Serena ... not unless you can bring my sister Honey-Sweet to Crystal Tokyo. I'm the only one who can care for her. I should explain. She is a full-grown woman, but she has the mind of a child. She is lost without me. It would be easier for me to protect her if she were here in Crystal Tokyo. I wish to shield her from Divine and Bella. They would always abuse her, and considered her nothing but a troublesome brat. Angel provided her material needs, but when it came to emotional support, she fell well short of a stellar performance in that department ... Angel would never be there for her when it mattered most, and Honey couldn't bond with our oldest sister. Oyeme always took advantage of her whenever I wasn't around to protect her. Millie on the other hand is a different story, for she's the youngest and I always took care of her too. She helped with Honey, as Millie aside from me was the only other sibling Honey trusted. ... Honey hated the others, though we have a special bond, she is also especially close to Millie," Cheyenne explained.

"Please continue." Serena asked wanting to understand their new friend's dilemma.

"Yes, and I've always been like a mother to her." She said proudly.

"Cheyenne, if there is any way we can be of assistance, rest assured, we shall do our level best to help. I shall use my Silver Crystal to heal her, and remove all negative influences. In this way, we can play our part to make it easier to take care of her. I mean that from the bottom of my heart, Cheyenne!" Rini promised.

Suddenly, they heard someone crying outside the palace entrance and stopped to listen. They all heard the voice desperately calling out for somebody. Her lamentations were so heart wrenching. Cheyenne heard her name called, and instantly recognized its owner immediately.

"CHEYENNE! ... Where are you? ... I need you! ... I had to get away from Divine! ... Where are you Cheyenne? ... Please come out! I won't bring you back I promise!" Honey-Sweet declared from beyond the palace entrance.

"Serena, it sounds like a young child." Darien commented.

Orac, a trusted new Crystal Army commander on guard duty that night looked in Serena's direction for instructions. He asked if he could open the palace doors. He stood almost seven feet tall and with a build similar to Darien, but his long red hair and chiseled features were Celtic in origin. He was more like a handsome trickster as women always laughed at his jokes and funny stories. The Sailor Soldiers too found him intriguing. Serena nodded and Orac withdrew his sword and waved it theatrically whilst bowing before the Sailor soldiers and royal assembly.

"Orac, I don't think the weapon is necessary, but if there is any trouble and it’s not a girl out there, then use your marshal arts combat skills to defend yourself ... I think though you won't need them my friend." The king said getting to his feet as the massive palace doors opened to reveal a tired, pretty young, woman with big green eyes darting quickly from the king and queen and back at the Sailor soldiers encircling her smiling sister. She blushed as the handsome Orac bowed before her.

"Young lady, if I may?" Orac asked with a warm smile.

He extended his hand and took Honey's, and she allowed herself to be led within the inner chamber where the others waited.

Cheyenne remained in another chamber in case there was trouble, choosing to err on the side of caution until they could confirm it was really Honey out there.

Serena gasped at the pretty, young woman standing before her. The lovely girl's body language was that of a nine-year-old child. Her outfit eye-catching with her long coppery-green plait with its jade butterfly hairclip along with the sensational figure hugging backless dress she wore gave her an exotic allure that belied her childlike fragility.

Honey looked into Serena's eyes for re-assurance, and pouted while dabbing her eyes with a black silk handkerchief. Serena stared at the confused young woman.

"Young lady, how can we help you? I am Queen Serenity and this is my husband King Endymion and my family and friends." Serena said introducing each briefly in turn.

"... Its not possible, I remember killing you! ... I saw my heart sword slide through you! ... I want my sister Cheyenne! ... I'm so afraid!" Honey cried in panic not understanding why the kindly monarchs were not dead, or bitter towards her as they looked at her with compassion and sadness.

Honey Sweet started backing away like a frightened cat. She did not know what to do. Her sister wouldn't be happy the King and Queen were still alive. She had to find Cheyenne and quickly, before Angel tracked Cheye down.

"You can help me by telling me where I can find the Sailor Scouts and my sister Cheyenne ... please help me find her ... I'm so afraid!" Honey-Sweet cried.

"We can't help you find the Sailor Scouts, or your sister ... Darien said as the young girl angrily cut him off abruptly.

"Then I have no need to stick around!" Honey shouted her anger and frustration reaching fever pitch.

"Young lady, you didn't let me finish! ... I meant we couldn't help because if you look about you'll realize you've already found the Sailor Soldiers. ..." Darien said before he was cut off a second time.

"You're lying! ... My sister is not here, and if you're telling the truth ... then show her to me!" she asked in a strained tone.

Darien nodded as the girls instantly changed into their Sailor forms. The king smiled, and nodded in Orac's direction. Orac crossed the marble floor in several large strides, opened another door, and led a smiling and blushing Cheyenne into the main chamber.

"Thank you Orac." She said to the tall, handsome royal guard she had instantly taken a fancy to. Orac bowed and winked at Cheye conspiratorially as the feelings were mutual and Cheye turned and rushed into her sister's open arms.

"Cheyenne! Is it really you?" Honey cried as the reunited sisters danced in a circle laughing together.

"Sweetie! I can't believe it! ... What are you doing here and how did you get away from Angel ... she's going to be so mad at you when she finds you missing ... I don't care because you're here and safe!" Cheyenne said joyously whilst hugging her sister fiercely.

"Cheyenne, I don't care what Angel thinks or does ... I hated being there without you! I missed you ... Please let me stay here with you ... I don't want to go back, because Divine is being very cruel and hateful towards me!" Honey answered frightened Cheyenne would send her back.

Cheyenne hugged Honey while a torrent of tears flowed freely down her cheeks. Her shuddering body convulsed in her sister's arms as she cried her heart out. Cheye couldn't believe Angel wouldn't come after them.

"Oh Honey! ... Its ok, you can stay with me if the Sailor Soldiers, Queen Serenity and King Endymion don't mind, but before this can happen there is something Sailor Moon must do first ok?" Cheyenne asked her sister who looked up with red trusting eyes and smiled her agreement.

"Ok, Cheye, but do you think they'd let me stay?" she asked still a little unsure.

"Neo-Queen-Serenity, I cannot let her go back to my sisters. They will mistreat her mentally and physically!" Cheyenne asked her new friends knowing the answer would be yes, but felt it was important to go through the motions for Honey's sake, as she needed the ritual of acceptance to feel truly secure.

"Why of course, she can stay. I don't mind at all ... Honey; you're more than welcome to stay as long as you wish." Serena replied smiling.

"Sailor Moon, do you think you could help her the way you helped me please?" Cheyenne asked looking at Sailor Moon's smiling face instantly knowing her answer.

"Yes, I will help you Honey." Sailor Moon answered assuming her stance prior to using healing activation.

"Cheye ... will this hurt?" Cheyenne smiled affectionately at her wide-eyed sister shaking her head.

"You'll be okay, it won't hurt a bit I promise!" She re-assured her sister.

"Cheye? ... I thought there were only five Sailor soldiers, not ten ... I thought there was only one Tuxedo Mask ... not two?" Honey asked with a bemused expression upon her face.

"I'll explain later, now let Sailor Moon do her thing okay?" Cheyenne urged.

"MOON HEALING MILLENNIUM HEART TRANSFORM!"

Honey could remember talking to Cheyenne, then the vale of darkness lifted from her heart, and she realized she had become a different person. She also knew her sister Cheyenne, King Endymion & Neo-Queen Serenity and the Sailor soldiers were the most important people in her life, she also longed to liberate Millie too.

"Honey, are you okay?" Cheyenne asked taking a good look at her sister who looked so happy and calm.

"Yes, I'm fine ... you know my name isn't Honey-Sweet, for that name was given me after father abandoned us to the powers of darkness." She cried as Cheyenne nodded remembering the same was true for all seven sisters.

"I shall answer your questions about the Sailor soldiers. You only met five of them, but there are four other outer Sailors ... Pluto, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn. The first Tuxedo Mask is father to the second, and he is called Moonlight Night so you see why you were confused?" Cheyenne asked Honey.

"I am going to use my birth name from now on, for Hannah is my true name!" Hannah turned to everyone asking they refer to her by this name from now on.

"You should be going by your birth name too, though it's your middle name! Rachael, I'm calling you that from now on ... there is no reason to use Cheyenne now." Hannah said in her sweet childlike voice while taking both her sister's hands in her own.

"I didn't think it necessary, especially since I'm so used to it; I guess it's become habit. ... I will call you Hannah from now on ok. I think that sounds more grown up than Honey-Sweet anyway ... Don't you think Hannah?" Rachael asked.

"Yes!" Hannah laughed.

"I like it! It suits you!" Hotaru added smiling at the two girls who were so happy to be free of the negative force that had weighed their lives down so much in recent years.

"Thank you, Hotaru!" Rachael replied smiling at her new friend.

Rachael linked her arm in Hanna's and they crossed the floor so Hannah could meet the other famous Sailor Soldiers.

"Hey, I know it's a sensitive question, but what happened to your parents and what about your mother ... was she around when you were growing up?" Darien asked gently not wanting to cause either girl unnecessary pain.

"Our mother died when we were very young," Rachel answered as a glazed and sad expression clouded her eyes.

"How old were you both when your mother died? Err, I don't mean to pry, but I'm just wondering. You see, when I was princess of the moon, I was sixteen years of age and lived with my mother. Then the moon was attacked, and we were all sent to Earth to be reborn in the future. I don't remember much of my life with my mother, Queen Serenity ... I still nevertheless feel a close bond with her ... and ever so often, I receive fresh memories from my past ... We all barely remember our identities and details about our past lives on the moon, but small pieces of the picture continue to fill the gaps." Serena explained to the two awestruck sisters.

"Well, Angel was eighteen when we lost our mother, she looks so much like our mother in every way ... Divine was sixteen, and she took after my father in attitude. I was eleven, and I take after both my parents ... Bella was nine, and resembles one of our aunts who is very beautiful ... Oyeme was six, and she possesses my grandmother on father's side stuck up attitude, she acquired her good looks from the aunt on my mother's side of the family. Hannah was only three, and barely knew her mother, and perhaps she's the luckiest, as she didn't feel the same pain we had to go through, but she still felt a void inside her heart. She is almost identical to Angel and me and she's very pretty too. Millie was six months. She has Angel's face, she also possesses her Aunt's dark complexion and figure ... she's a little plain, but she has a lovely smile that adds something, but she's not smiled in years ... Hannah was unlucky not to know our mother, and knew father better. My father only felt contempt for us younger ones, and as we were growing up it was Hannah and Millie who bore the brunt of father's abuse. Sadly, it was Hannah who had been affected the most!" Rachael explained as the faces around her moved through a series of sympathetic emotions.

"Let me explain how we fell into the void of darkness." Rachael suggested still holding her sister's hands in her own.

"Sure!" Serena replied in a gentle tone.

"What happened, Rachael?" Lita asked.

"I was not much older than I was when mother died. I was thirteen ... Oyeme eight, Hannah five and Millie two years old ... well; I was thirteen when we lived with father. He worked for some weird man, he was hardly ever home and Angel began to fill mother’s role as best she could. Then one day something terrible happened, I'm not sure what, but father became embroiled in a bad situation. Father was given two options, either he continued working to make up financial losses he incurred while working for this weird stranger, or hand control of us all to him ... my father decided to give us up, rather than do more work that is demanding. The next thing we knew, we were cast into a world of darkness and fighting against people who stood for love and justice and this is why we attacked you! Eventually, the man who controlled us died suddenly and a shadowy overlord we’ve never actually seen took control. From that day forward, Angel took care of us until recently, and the rest you know!" Rachael explained while Hannah hugged her sister tightly.
Darien suggested they address Rachael and Hannah's sisters using their real names to trigger their past memories of childhood, thereby making it easier to use Rini's healing activation using her Silver Crystal. The idea being their sister's emotions would bring their spirits to the surface and this would make a big difference.

"Okay, sure ... Angel's real name is Angelina, but goes by Angel since she turned eighteen. You know, if you address her as Angelina, she might remember something. The last time she used her original name was just after my baby sister Millie was born." Rachael explained.

"Please continue Rachael." Serena asked.

"Divine's real name is Deanna; she's been a pain in the butt ever since our mother passed away. Our father ditched us. Therefore, she treats Hannah badly because she punishes Millie due to the fact she's jealous as she looks more like mother than Angelina does ... Bella's real name is Rebecca, or Becky for short and she never really liked it. Therefore, she consciously chose Bella at age six ... Oyeme's real name is Jasmine. I learned our new names were charged with negative energy, kind of like hooks into our being that keep us under the control of our dark guardian ... Oyeme is a name I've not heard before, it may be very ancient, but I couldn't tell you. Finally there's Millie ... her birth name is Melody. She received that name not long after she was born. She was a plane child, but what she lacked in looks was more than made up for by a powerful set of lungs. I sat in the waiting room as mother gave birth, and I couldn't tell if mother was screaming because of the pain caused by a difficult delivery, or as I soon discovered my new baby sister was the ear-splitting siren. I'm not joking people; you could truly hear her screaming three wards away. Later, my mother asked me to name my little sister, and thinking it funny at the time I chose Melody! Mother laughed uproariously for a good while, and then asked why I chose that name. I explained, and both mother and I laughed some more. You know the weird part; she actually developed an extraordinarily exotic and beautiful singing voice. She hates being reminded of her antics in the maternity ward, for we all teased her whenever she annoyed us and that's why she shortened it to Millie!" Rachael answered laughing as she remembered the story told often in happier times while everyone including the king and queen chuckled...

"Rachel, can I ask how old you and Hannah are now?" Mina asked in a polite tone.

"Well, I'm twenty four, Angel thirty one, Deanna twenty nine, Becky twenty two, Jasmine twenty one, Millie sixteen and of course, Hannah is nineteen and that's all of us ... I guess guys I've sent you to sleep after my lengthy recital!" Rachael said laughing while all joined in.

"Hey! ... After all that's happened to you guys its great to learn about you and to see you both laugh with us." Raye chuckled hugging both girls.

"I just wish I could get our other sisters to understand they don't have to serve under the powers of evil. They would be far happier serving on the side of love and justice." Rachael said as her expression took on a more serious heir.

"I mention something Rachel. I heard from doctors through the years that if you treat an a person in Hannah's situation as a adult they will start developing better knowledge of an adult at her age and lose her childlike behavior. It is only a suggestion but I think it would help alot since she is away from her sisters bad behavior," Amy commented.

"I have heard that too, but living with my sister and they way they treated her was making it hard to treat her as a grown women, so she stayed a child in her mind."

The conversation flowed; Hannah got to her feet and started exploring the first floor to see if there was anywhere, she could get a bite to eat.

"Excuse me, are you okay? ... What are you looking for dear?" Amy asked Hannah who looked a little lost and overwhelmed by the vast hallway on the first level of the palace.

"Oh, hi! ... You scared me ... I am hungry and I am looking for somewhere I can get something to eat ... what is your name? ... My name is Hannah!" Hannah said as her face lit up at the prospect of making a new friend.

"My name is Amy and these are my friends Lita, Hotaru, Rini, Setsuna, Michelle and Amara. If you are hungry Hannah, we can get you something to eat dear." Amy replied putting an arm about the girl's shoulders and winking at Lita who was more than happy to prepare an impromptu dish for their hungry guest.

"Would you please? ... I am starving! ... I didn't get much to eat when I lived with my sisters, and since Rachael left they were so cruel towards me always shouting at Millie and I for getting into the food when we were only eating what we needed ..." Hannah said looking into Lita's soft eyes.

"Well, we're going to have to help her out ... trust us and we'll have her here if it's at all possible Hannah ... don't worry as she'll be welcome too! Just like you and Rachael! Just give us time, and we'll help all your sisters!" Setsuna said reassuringly to the hungry and worried girl.

Rachael and the others joined Lita, Amy, Setsuna and Hotaru in the dining chamber.

"Well, I can say this much, because I know my sisters and they don't play around when it comes to protecting their siblings from those they consider who might harm any of us. I just want to let you know what you are all up against, but after everything you have already seen and experienced I really do not have to remind you of that fact! ... The only way we can help my sisters is to heal them soon, or it may be too late ... I prey you can help!" Rachel said with a sense of urgency as she looked at her new friends.

"Don't worry about that Rachel, its like we said ... whenever we come face to face with Melody, or any of your sisters ... we'll gladly heal and reunite you all ... I promise!" Serena said with feeling as she gazed into Rachael's eyes with unflinching sincerity.

She couldn't wait, her excitement was clear for all to see. Rachael hugged Serenity thanking her again and again. Rachael had never been happier than she was at that moment, especially with Hannah by her side.

They all sat to a lavish banquet held in their honor by their new friends with Lita at the helm in the royal kitchen. The two young women hadn't eaten like this since their mother was alive. Serena ate heartily, and as always Raye teased her about her love of food in Tokyo during the twentieth century, and the good times they all shared at the Royal Arcade, delighting the girls who were coming to love the queen and her dashing husband. Meanwhile, Orac and Rachael were striking up a deep conversation while loosing themselves in each other's eyes. Mina winked at Rini with a knowing smile, for she was glad the two young people were strongly attracted to one another.