Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Return Home! ❯ Thinking of Old Friends ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Serena walked the length of the palace’s endless hallways, thinking about everything she and the scouts had been through over the years. The last major battle they faced had been against Galaxia, and it was one of the most difficult. She could not help but think of the Starlight’s, and wished she could see their old friends once again. She wondered how they were doing. She really wanted Darien and Seiya to become friends. Serena was so into her thoughts, she had not realized her Silver Crystal had produced a tiny glowing orb that shone with a pulsating light. The radiant sphere had instantly fallen into a swirling portal. In a split second, it had opened, swallowed the light, and then it closed in the blink of an eye. The orb was on its long journey to relay a message that would see her wish to be reunited with old friends realized.

Serena remembered after Darien’s death how Seiya was always there for her, whether as a friend, or on the battlefield to protect her and the other Sailor soldiers. She recalled the day they visited the amusement park, she smiled remembering how much of a good time they had that day. She couldn’t recall the last time she had enjoyed herself so much while hanging out with friends, for there were no royal duties or responsibilities back then to get in the way of a good time. She missed all that fun, and it disturbed her that Seiya resented Darien so much. Serena had been aware of his jealousy over her relationship with Darien for quite some time, and it really bothered her. However, Darien wasn’t around at the time, but she appreciated a friend like Seiya. He cared so much about her welfare, maybe a little too much for her liking. She therefore decided to keep him at a safe emotional distance. She sighed as these thoughts continued to spin around in her head, for despite all that had passed over the years, she didn’t know how or what to do about the void she felt inside herself. Serena only knew she missed Seiya’s smiling face. She also missed the others too.

Serena didn’t hear Raye approach from behind to greet her queen and closest friend. Serena immediately ceased her revelry and turned to face the raven-haired woman. Raye wore a pretty red silk dress that fell an inch or so above her knees. Serena didn’t even register the clicking heels of Raye’s elegant white leather sandals as they echoed throughout the vast hallway, so preoccupied she had been before Raye gently touched her shoulder.

"My queen … Err, Serena? … Is everything okay? … I saw you leave the chamber and you looked as if you were about to start crying … come on … what’s up meatball head?” Raye said with both compassion and a light tone to coax Serena into opening up and talking.

“Oh Raye! … I didn’t hear you approach … you don’t have to use formality when we are alone … You and the others know that! … Well, I suppose you’re going to ask me so I’ll get it off my chest … You see Raye, I’ve been in deep thought for the past few weeks now, thinking about all our absent friends, and wondering about what’s happening with those guys!" Serena confided as Raye looked at her friend with a look of concern on her face.

*Hey, meatball head! … What friends are you talking about?* Raye thought to herself.

She considered all the great friends they’d made over the years, but Raye wondered why Serena was acting in such a bizarre fashion. She just wished Serena would open up to her as she had always done whenever something weighed heavily on her mind, for Raye knew there was more to this than simply a case of wandering down memory lane.

"Serena, do you have anyone in particular in mind?” Raye asked trying to coax her friend into confiding in her.

"Yes, actually Raye, I was thinking about the Starlight’s. I was just wondering what’s going on with them since we defeated Galaxia … Hey, you know Raye, so much has happened since we last saw those guys …for instance, we‘ve constructed Crystal Tokyo and this magnificent Palace with the help of the Imperium Silver Crystal. I can’t help but stop every now and then to contemplate how they’re living their lives and what challenges might our old friends be facing right now. I hope they’re happy." Serena pondered as Raye put her arm about Serena’s waist. Serena rested her head upon Raye’s shoulder and sighed, closing her eyes and an image of Seiya and the others standing in a battle stance emerged in her mind’s eye.

The raven-haired priestess was experienced in understanding the workings of a troubled spirit, and though she knew Serena was struggling with her past memories and unresolved emotional issues, she realized there was little she could do to ease Serena’s troubled heart. Raye empathized with Serena and she too thought about the Starlight’s. She wondered if they were favored by fortune, or caught up in another dangerous fight.

Serena tightened her embrace, and to Raye’s utter astonishment, Serena started to weep, for she was suddenly overwhelmed by an all-consuming sense of despair. Serena believed her emotional state might be fallout after being released from death’s grip having spent time in the afterlife where she and Darien found themselves exploring realms that were truly incredible. It was almost painful when they were restored to life once more, for the sensation felt as if something precious and beautiful had been ripped from them. She thought it was almost an anti-climax. She felt almost sorry it was gone, and now they’d been thrown back into the fray to face this new nemesis.

*Am I just longing for security, kind of like seeking something I lost when Darien and I died? , or is it I long for the young woman I left behind at my coronation? … Oh! … I just don’t know … this new enemy, our children … there’s so much to be grateful for, and yet... why do I feel so empty?* Serena thought to herself trying to brush the torpor away by opening her brilliant azure-blue eyes smiling her thanks at Raye.

She didn’t know what would happen next, but as far as dealing with this new enemy was concerned, she knew they had to be strong if they were to prevail. Serena also knew the Sailor soldiers needed all the help they could get, and these feelings of dying inside coupled with her musings about the Starlight’s seemed to be connected.

"Serena, I think this might be an excellent opportunity for us to go to your room and practice your Crystal Fire meditation, for at the very least it should relax and soothe your troubled mind and heart … afterwards I’ll give you an ancient Lunarian massage, then you can go to bed and get some much needed sleep. You have worn out your body and spirit meatball head … so no arguments as I am both your friend and spiritual adviser as High Priestess of the Crystal Kingdom and the new Moon Kingdom to boot and that‘s got to count for something girlfriend!” Raye smiled as Serena giggled and smiled just like the klutz she once knew in their school days.

Serena nodded her assent, then Raye took her hand and the two women walked in companionable silence to Darien and Serena’s bedchamber.

"You’re right Raye. I do need to chill out … I’ve been so stressed over this new enemy … spending all my emotional resources thinking and worrying about our friends from the past is wearing me down!" Serena finally admitted.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


**Meanwhile, back in the thrown room**



Lita sat with Hannah checking off their itinerary for the morning.

“Okay Hannah, let’s make a chef out of you eh!” Lita laughed as the bubbly Hannah jumped to her feet and like a faithful puppy followed her new mentor to the royal kitchens for her lessons.

Lita thought it fun showing Hannah through the kitchens, having agreed to teach the girl some basic cooking skills. Lita enjoyed this role having taught Crystal Tokyo’s many schoolchildren from eight or nine years-olds to older students in their teens the culinary arts, and she loved every moment. She especially enjoyed working with the young acolytes from the Crystal Temple. Lita would sit the girls down, put them at ease with her wit and spontaneous sense of humor and bring the best out in each student over the course of each lesson. She would explain that these skills would serve them well in temple service as trainee, and later fully initiated priestesses. If they chose to leave the temple and live a single lifestyle, or chose marriage, they could cook restaurant quality food. She often told all her students that if they were really keen, they could start their own businesses. Lita explained the basic laws of kitchen etiquette to her newest student, and Hannah absorbed every word faithfully and couldn’t wait to bake her first biscuits.

“Wow Lita! … I never realized there was so much involved with working in a kitchen, especially a royal kitchen at that!” Hannah said in an enthusiastic tone not lost on the tall brunette woman.

Lita handed the young girl a list of preparatory tasks to follow before their first cooking lesson. Hannah washed and dried her hands, then tied back her beautiful long coppery-green hair in a bun, and put on a white soft hat over her hair, as these were important hygienic precursors to handling food. They spent the next two hours cooking, cleaning, taking notes in Hannah’s new cookery journal and laughed as they ate the proceeds of their handiwork. Serena and the others had not been forgotten as two large platters laden with cakes, biscuits and other goodies were placed in the pantry covered by a vacuum wrap. The girls moved back down stairs and sat in the dining hall to check each table to ensure all was ready for the evening meal when Lita heard voices coming from outside the palace through open French doors that led onto a private veranda bathed in the scent of fragrant Sakura.

Lita took Hannah by the hand, and then the two women walked together along the private causeway into the open French doors that led into the atrium passing two palace guards, who bowed silently as they entered the lavish thrown room to see what was going on.

Hannah looked around the vast chamber, and noticed banners of different colors hanging from the ceiling. They hung in an array of colors with elaborate symbols upon each. She didn’t understand the point of these at first, but Lita, seeing her confusion explained their meaning. Hannah gradually came to understand that each banner represented each Sailor soldier, for they each ruled their own planetary kingdom and the banners also symbolized their loyalty to the King and Queen of Crystal Tokyo. She also saw two large chairs sitting at the head of the room. Both had red velvet backs with cushions upon each, and these placed within gold frames. Each chair had its own decorative design, for Neo-Queen Serenity, there was an embossed crown fashioned in white gold with ruby and diamond crescent moons encircling its delicate design that rose above head height for all to see whilst standing, kneeling or sitting before each exquisitely crafted throne. King Endymion’s embossed rose-gold crown sat within an interwoven circlet of emeralds and sapphires set above the headrest as an awesome companion to the queen’s emblem, atop each throne. Hannah truly appreciated the beautifully crafted chairs were literally worth a king and queen’s fortune. Hannah felt shivers moving up and down her spine at the thought her ambitious and greedy sisters ever laying their eyes upon these magnificent treasures. She imagined them taking turns sitting upon each throne and fighting over who had the right to sit first, and of course, she knew Angelina and Jasmine would most likely be the winners of any sibling contest. Hannah imagined them living like queens, but certainly not acting like royalty. Hannah was so glad her heart was pure. She was truly grateful for living with the king and queen and the Sailor soldiers, who loved and trusted Rachael and herself as if they were family. She would do everything in her power to protect her friends, and make sure nothing was ever stolen by her sisters.

“Hannah, stay here. The Sailor Soldiers will take care of this!” Lita said quickly letting go of Hannah’s hand as she quickly left the chamber.

“Good luck Lita!” Hannah cried as a palace staff member sat beside the frightened young woman and gave her a hug.

Hannah placed her trembling hand in hers. The girl’s blonde shoulder length hair wore a short white sleeveless shift and a pair of leather sandals upon slender feet. She squeezed Hannah’s hand and flashed a bright smile to comfort her; Hannah liked the girl’s kind brown eyes and felt immediately at ease.

“Neptune, can you go find Raye and the Queen … Let them know they’re needed here right now!” Lita replied nodding in the direction of the young staff member chatting with Hannah across the chamber.

"JUPITER HEART CRYSTAL POWER!”

"URANUS HEART CRYSTAL POWER!”

"PLUTO HEART CRYSTAL POWER!"

Each Sailor soldier took their stance and waited for who, or whatever lurked beyond the massive palace doors to make their move. Finally, after a considerable period of time they heard footsteps moving along the corridor. Jupiter, Uranus, and Pluto stepped forward to prepare for an attack.

“JUPITER OAK…”

“URANUS WORLD…”

“PLUTO DEAD…” the Sailor soldiers simultaneously stopped their attacks.

“WAIT!” Venus ran and jumped in front of her confused fellow soldiers just in time. They almost hit Venus with their most devastating attacks, and then couldn’t believe their eyes. The Sailor soldiers couldn’t help but stare at the three familiar figures that stood smiling at their stunned expressions. The Starlights were a little older than the last time they laid eyes on them but they still looked the same. The Starlight’s were the only ones brave enough to face off against the Sailor soldiers a few years back.

Uranus and Pluto did a double take, for they weren’t sure if they were hallucinating or not. They thought these people had left for good, but here they stood before them as if they’d never left. Uranus couldn’t let this happen again. She had to make sure they didn’t destroy Serenity and Endymion’s marriage. She had to send them on their way before Serenity laid eyes upon them.

"I think you best leave, for you’re not welcome here! … If you choose to ignore my advice, you’ll have to answer to me! … Do you understand?" Uranus snapped as her blonde hair darted about her shoulders.

"We aren’t going anywhere! … We’re welcome here, if you don't recall! … Serena and the Inner Scouts had told us we would always be welcome to come back if we were ever in the vicinity. So chill Uranus!" one of them said tersely. Suddenly, a silver orb appeared and spun its way about the three warriors in a figure eight pattern, and then it flashed brilliantly and vanished in a burst of silvery light. At that moment, their Queen along with Sailor Mars ran into the atrium, took in the scene, and felt the tension brought about by the standoff.

“What’s going on … what’s the emergency?” Mars demanded looking first at the Sailor soldiers of the outer planets and back at the three figures standing in a line feet spread apart with arms folded.

“I thought intruders had entered the palace … but, it seems we’ve guests!" Pluto replied smiling.

"They were just about to leave, isn't that right, boys?” Neptune said sharply.

"No we’re not … okay! … We’ve arrived, and we’re planning to stick around for a while!" another said sounding very determined.

Serena was reeling, whilst she stood behind a fluted crystal pillar. She gathered her courage, stepped out into the light, and blinked rapidly wondering if it was an illusion or a dream. Neo-Queen-Serenity tried to speak, but no words left her lips. Instead, she stared wide-eyed as all doubt was dispelled, then she grew faint and collapsed.

“NEO-QUEEN SERENITY!” Pluto cried as they all rushed to Serena who lay unconscious upon the marble floor.

Mars, like Serena couldn’t believe her eyes. If she didn’t see them for herself, she would have thought it somebody’s idea of a bad joke, but here they were. She finally reacted when Seiya raced to the queen’s side and knelt upon the stone floor. He gently placed Serena’s head upon his lap.

“What the hell are you doing here? … I thought you guys left for good?” Mars asked very confused by what was happening.

“We came back to visit our old friends of course! ... We received a message that Serena and her husband was ruling Crystal Tokyo and the rest of you were running the city! … We didn’t believe it until that silver orb appeared, whilst we were on assignment for the Princess Kakyuu. We had to come, for the message was sent by Serena! … We were actually planning to visit you all anyway! The silver orb only confirmed our resolve!” Taiki responded.

“TAIKI! YATEN! & SEIYA! You’re back … wicked cool! … Even if some of us still might hold a grudge, we’ve all thought about you from time to time!” Venus replied frowning slightly in the direction of the three outer Sailor soldiers.

Taiki couldn’t believe how much they’d changed. He looked in Mercury’s direction and just stared at her with adoring eyes. He noticed how much more beautiful she had become since their last meeting. He then noticed her hand held a little boy’s tiny hand. The youngster had a head of reddish blond hair, and his big blue eyes were penetrating as if they were looking right through him, The boy’s eyes were wise well beyond his years, and this unnerved him a little. Taiki realized that almost all the Sailor soldiers had a child by their side. There were two new faces he didn’t recognize beside Jupiter and Venus.

“Serena? Serena … Answer me! … Serena, please wake up! … I didn’t mean to freak you out like this!” Seiya said gently shaking her.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing? That’s our Queen you’re man handling! … Take your hands off her, Seiya!” Uranus snapped with an icy edge to her voice.

Everyone de-transformed and stood in their civilian clothes. Michelle crossed the floor and placed a hand upon Amara’s shoulder.

“Back off Amara … Let them be. ... She may be Darien’s wife and our Queen, but that doesn’t change the fact he is a good friend to Serenity … luckily our King is off taking care of business, and won’t be back until tomorrow.” Michelle whispered as Amara nodded slowly.

Serena started coming round. She felt like someone had clouted her on the back of her head with a chunk of granite. She blinked rapidly, and it all came flooding back, almost sending her out of it again. Serena wondered if she was finally losing it, altogether … She looked up into the familiar face returning her gaze.

*I’m dreaming! … This is somebody I thought was supposed to be in another galaxy!* Serena felt giddy once more and struggled to maintain consciousness.

*She looks as lovely as ever, but all the same I must be a gentleman and assist our queen to her feet!* Seiya thought to himself while unspoken words of greeting were exchanged between them.

*It can’t be him, can it? … Am I dreaming, or is he some sort of trick of the light?*Serena asked herself.

“Serena, I see you finally decided to fall at my feet … I still have that affect on you I see! … No Serena, your eyes aren’t deceiving you … I’m not a dream, it’s the real deal. We’re all here. Taiki, Yaten, and of course, yours truly, Seiya! … I couldn’t wait to see you again, and I knew when you sent the message inviting us to return it would be great to catch up with all of you at last. I hope you’re doing well,” Seiya asked as he bowed before Serena whose jaw dropped having realized it was her Imperium Silver Crystal that served as kind of a magical invitation to the Starlight’s.

She stared wide eyed at him. *He can read minds now!* Serena realized this was all so very real. Remembering his manners, Seiya extended his hand, and helped her to her feet.

“Seiya is it really you? I can’t believe it. I have thought of you all for such a long time. I did not know if we would ever see you again!” Serenity replied her meatball plaits darting about her body as if dancing for their guests.

“Why are you here? … Tell me, is it business or pleasure?” Amara asked.

“Pleasure essentially … you see, Our Princess gave us time off after we returned to restore our home planet, which we’d accomplished … so when the orb appeared before us and took the form of a silver star it spoke Serena’s wish to see us once again, and here we are, simple as that guys!” Seiya replied turning back to stare adoringly at Serenity.

“ … ‘And, don’t forget Seiya, We’re not only here to visit … we’ve come to make our home here on Earth. You see, Princess Kakyuu relieved us of our duties as new young warriors have proven themselves more than capable to take up our former roles. She told us to find our destiny wherever it may lye.” Yaten replied enthusiastically.

“Shut up, Yaten! I thought we agreed to keep it quiet!” Taiki said angrily.

“Look Taiki, we may as well tell them, for they would have known sooner or later, so let’s get it over with already.” Seiya added backing up Yaten.

“What is it you want to explain … come on guys, what gives?” Serena asked curious about the tension building between the three friends.

“Is she ok?”

“Nothing … Err, everything’s cool … We’re just glad to finally see you all … we’re at your service Neo-Queen Serenity, and we can all catch up and get the chance to let our hair down before moving on … that’s all!” Taiki announced hoping the queen didn’t detect anything out of the ordinary.

Serena looked back at Seiya and smiled. She was so happy to have her friends back again. She gestured to Yaten and Taiki to approach her. Serena hugged each in turn. Finally, Seiya threw his arms around Serena. He couldn’t resist the urge to swing her in a circle. He held her tightly, and didn’t let go. He was too happy to have her back in his life. Seiya couldn’t believe how beautiful his dear Serena had become. She had matured, and changed so much, and barely recognized her. When she flashed those big blue eyes, he saw the same girl he knew long ago.

“By the Gods, How I have missed you, Serena! … I can’t believe how pretty you’ve become, and it’s a pleasure to be in your company once again.” Seiya replied cheerfully.

"My name is officially Serenity now, but you all may address me as Serena, it’s only used by friends and family.” she replied winking at the three Starlight’s.

“Excuse me, who are you, and would you mind putting our mother down this instant … I don’t think my father would appreciate a complete stranger hugging mother so intimately!” a voice behind him chided.

Seiya turned to find a pink haired girl wearing her hair in the same style as her mother’.

“My friend, I think you’ve got some explaining to do too!” Alex said in a threatening tone.

Seiya let Serena go, and looked at the tall man with black hair and dark blue eyes staring at him menacingly.

*Hey, this must be Darien!* Seiya thought nervously.

“Darien? … Err, you haven’t changed a bit! … I hope you’re taking care of Dumpling as I asked!” he said with a disarming smile.

“What? … I’m Alex; the king’s son! … Who are you?” Alex demanded glaring angrily at the intruder.

*If this wasn’t Darien, then where was he?* Seiya winced.

Seiya was taken off guard, not expecting this at all. He was expecting to see and greet this young man’s father.

“Seiya, this is my son Alex, and my daughter Rini … I’m sure you’ve observed the similarity between my son and Darien? … You see things have changed quite a lot since our last meeting my friend. Darien and I are happily married. I’ve missed all of you!” Serena exclaimed.

Serena introduced Seiya and the other Starlight’s to the members of her family and those of the other Sailor soldiers.

“Seiya, I would like to introduce you to Andrew, Nephrite, Malachite, and Jadeite. Nephrite is Lita’s husband, and there are Jadeite and Raye, Malachite and Mina. You see Seiya, Andrew used to work at the Arcade and he and Trista are also happily married!” Serena announced her eyes alert and her meatball plaits darting back and forth, as she spoke.

“Nice to meet all of you!” he replied still smiling and a little overwhelmed by all the information washing over him as too were Taiki and Yaten.

“Now, here comes the best part! … I want you to meet the little ones before they are sent to the nursery. First, we have Lita and Nephrite’s child, and his name is A.J. … He is their first born, but hopefully not the last!” she giggled.

Seiya looked down at the infant in Lita’s arms and reached out to hold him. He cradled the little one close to his chest as he felt a little nervous, for he didn’t want to drop him.

"It’s nice to meet you Nephrite, and also you A.J." Seiya replied as the little boy’s tiny fist latched onto the warrior’s little finger.

A.J. started wailing as loud as he could to let everyone know he didn’t want to be anywhere but with his parents.

"Sorry Seiya, he doesn’t care too much for strangers." Lita giggled.

Seiya handed A.J. back to his mother and continued walking with Serena to meet his friend’s families. Serena then led him to where Raye stood with her family. She put her hand upon Cassandra’s shoulder and looked at Seiya again.

“Seiya this is Cassandra. She is one of the older children here. Rini, Hotaru, Alex, Helios, and Cassandra help take care of the young ones please … Cassandra is a bit on the wild side, just like her mother if you know what I mean, but she possesses a sweet disposition.” Raye teased.

“It’s a pleasure and honor to meet you, sir, and have you in our palace.” Cassandra replied curtsying before Seiya and the others.

“I forgot … she is also extremely gracious and respectful to our friends and guests.” Serena replied touching the girl’s blushing cheek.

“Mom, can I be excused? I’ve homework to finish if I’m to meet my friends later!” Cassandra asked as she flashed her large violet eyes.

“Yes, of course Cassandra … Run along, and stay out of trouble … I mean that Cassandra.” Jadeite gently chided, struggling to hide a grin as Cassandra hugged her parents, and then headed for her room.

Serena then introduced Seiya and the others to her son-in-law. She was proud to have the dream protector as part of her family.

“Finally, I would like you to meet someone very special. He is married to my lovely daughter Rini. He is also the protector of dreams for the Crystal Kingdom … Seiya, this is my son-in-law Helios. Helios this is my very good friend Seiya!” Serena declared and the two men smiled and shook hands warmly.

“It’s nice to meet you Helios. I’m glad to know there is someone of such stature and wisdom guiding the queen, royal family and Crystal Kingdom, for they certainly need a strong male to support them.” he commented unashamedly while glancing in Serena’s direction.

Serena noticed with a start, the look on his face. She saw love their, and it disturbed her.

*I don’t understand why he would still feel for me after all these years! … It’s so strange … the way he looks at me! … He makes me feel so guilty, but why should I feel this way, for I love Darien with all my heart and soul … but why do I feel as if I’m betraying him! … Why was he so hostile to Darien, and why the hell was he undermining him?* Serena thought to herself, stunned by Seiya’s indirect insult. She was trying to figure Seiya out, but she was speechless.

Amara, Raye, Lita, and Mina all heard what he said, and weren’t happy with his remark in front of their queen.

“Rini and Alex! … Please take the small ones to the Nursery, and keep them there … Helios and Alex would you please accompany them.” Lita recommended.

“Sure thing … Is everything okay? … Are you sure you don’t want us to stay?” Rini asked looking from her mother’s concerned expression to Seiya.

“No, we’re fine … Just go, please.” Amara answered in the tone that meant no debates or questions.

After the children had left with Alex and Helios, Serena and the others pinned Seiya with a hard glare.

“Where do you get off saying something like that?” Amara shouted.

“You’ve no right to undermine the king like that in front of his wife, family and friends!” Michelle chided.

“I’m only stating facts … I recall how sad Serena was back then, especially when we fought Sailor Tin Nyanko! … You Outer Sailors were not always there to see how depressed she was … for she was always on the verge of tears because of Darien! … She would often confide in me, and tell me how Darien had never once tried to contact her! You were not there during our fight with Sailor Tin Nyanko when she broke down! … Her heart had shattered, and her normally vibrant spirit had finally broken … she didn’t want to be alone any longer, for it was too much to bare … I felt for her, I’ll admit I care a lot about Serena … I only wish I had met her first! … However, when she was crying her heart out after Tin Nyanko departed, I asked her a very important question that meant a lot to me … She understood my meaning, and knew I would protect her, no matter what! … So do not give me that crap about not having a right to comment about Darien … You have no idea what she went through! … The only ones who understood were the Inner Scouts and my fellow Starlight’s.” Seiya shouted as angry tears scorched his face.

Serena remembered that day. She was so devastated Darien had not contacted her, or bothered to write. Seiya was right. He was the only one who understood her during those difficult times … He was always there when she least expected it. The Inner Scouts of course, were also there for her, but not in the same way Seiya had been. She would always be grateful for his steadfast protection while Darien was away. She had to stop this, before things got very out of hand.

“Yes, I agree … You were there for me. Amara, Michelle, Hotaru, and Trista, you were not there during the time we took on Galaxia and her Sailor soldiers. You know girls, Seiya and the inner scouts had always been there to protect me when I needed it most. However, the day Seiya refers to was the day after my Star Seed had been revealed and almost stolen from my person. After Lead Crow had been destroyed within a black hole and Tin Nyanko partially healed that day upon the school roof!” Serena added as her azure-blue eyes momentarily clouded while memories swept through her mind.

“When Seiya showed up he didn’t transform into Sailor Star Fighter. He helped the girls search for me, whilst they searched the entire school … you see, Seiya was smart enough to check the roof. When he arrived, it was his quick thinking and decisive action that saved my life, for he threw a red rose that stopped Tin Nyanko in her tracks! I’m sure you can appreciate what this means, for that’s what really set me off, and made me cry out for Darien. He didn’t realize why I wept until he remembered the rose. You see, because none of you were ever there for me, and yes, I know you would have, if you could, but you must not forget …Seiya and the inner soldiers were there, but it was Seiya who comforted me and saved me from a horrible fate! So please, lay off, and give him a break will you?” Serena asked as a tear pricked at the corner of her eye.

“Serena, we’re sorry … Please forgive us, for we’re only worried about you … We don’t want him to come between you and Darien!” Michelle said in a sincere tone.

“She is right, Serena. Darien is your husband … We can’t allow anyone to come between you, Sere … How can you defend him after all that has happened between you and them? … If not for them, you would not have had to worry about anyone stealing your Star Seed or anything else from you … don’t forget; it was the Starlight’s who led Galaxia to us in the first instance.” Amara replied reminding Serena of the circumstances behind their concerns.

"Amara … she would have come either way … you see, they didn’t lead her here, for Galaxia desired to rule the universe. The Crystal Kingdom was soon to blossom, and she recognized the power of the Imperium Silver Crystal that served as a beacon for her real quest, to acquire star seeds, including Sailor Moon’s … that’s why she came to Earth!" Lita and Ray both stated in turn.

“Amara, Michelle … I think you need to leave Seiya be … He was and remains just a friend … You can’t stand in the way of friendship guys … we all remember that day clearly, so what Seiya says is true. I think Serena has a right to defend him, especially given what you’ve learned this day … He has the right to express himself, based upon knowledge and circumstances he understood to be correct at the time … so don’t judge him so harshly guys!" Ami added.

Serena looked at her friends, then nodded, and crossed the floor and stepped into the gardens to clear her head, and try to make sense of the situation. She believed Seiya was innocent of Amara’s accusations, but she was determined to ensure Seiya and the others weren’t driven off by the angst directed at them, especially Seiya … She couldn’t go through the pain of losing her friends again. Before she moved out of earshot, she turned and called to her friend to follow.

“SEIYA! … Come with me … I wish to speak with you alone … please, No one follow us … I’ve a right to some privacy, I’m a grown adult and he won’t devour me, I promise!” she added with the right measure of command and a touch of humor to lighten their hearts and assuage their concerns.