Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Return Home! ❯ Seiya Taken Captive ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Meanwhile, back at the Velvet sister headquarters, Angel and her siblings sat talking companionably amongst themselves. Angel had to admit that when she thought about it, she was the natural choice to protect and guide her family. She was pleased Chaos had assigned her this task, for no other was better suited to take on this responsibility. Angel’s eyes scanned the walls of the Throne Room admiring its trendy décor. However, the gloomy atmosphere somewhat dampened its aesthetic charm. She stared for a moment at the large oval rug that took up most of the floor space. Its interwoven combination of reds blues and greens encircled a colorful floral motif at its heart adding a cheerful touch. The soft hand-woven rug appeared to float upon the olive green ceramic stone-tiled floor reminding Angel of a mythical barge on a magical lake from one of her favorite fantasy novels where on occasion she’d lose herself.

She loved the stunning paintings upon the bluish-gray walls featuring a series of majestic palaces from various alien worlds that gave the chamber a surreal timbre. The architectural designs within each painting were unique to the cultures in which they were set. Angel wondered how Lord Chaos came by these remarkable works of art. One of these included a beautiful white palace set against a starry background. Angel’s eyes lit up much like the realistic fireworks display over the luminous citadel. She looked at the two women standing side-by-side on the veranda. She hadn’t paid all that much attention, but decided at that moment to take a closer look. Angel realized with utter surprise that the first woman must have been Queen Serenity of the Moon Kingdom with her daughter. It was then she had instantly recognized the familiar Odangos not understanding why she had missed that detail as the painting had been here ever since their arrival in this place. The older woman’s hair was silver and flecked with gold, while her daughter’s hair was a cascade of golden silk. She knew nothing about Queen Serenity; Angel asked herself how and why Chaos would possess and hang such a painting here of all places.

The Throne upon which she sat didn’t come even close to what a woman of her rising importance, and certainly not a lavishly adorned symbol of regal power and ostentation. She brooded over these and other matters as her eyes darted angrily to her right almost daring Chaos to step into her Throne Room to speak with her as an equal not a supplicant. The heavy cedar door was always kept closed. An archaic causeway led to a large Gothic chamber where their strange ruler preferred his own company. He forbade entry to anyone without his expressed permission. Angel dreaded those fleeting encounters with her master, but had little choice. She also knew the moment would soon arrive where she would have to stand before him once again.

Oyeme sat by Angel’s feet messing with her hair and make-up. She then heard the doors swing open and looked in their direction.

Bella and Divine entered the chamber with a finely dressed man led on a long thick rope. Oyeme quickly fixed her insatiable gaze upon him and licked her lips with a hunger and longing that burned fiercely within her eyes. She was well aware this was no Tuxedo Mask, but all the same, he was still quite good -looking.

“What is this? … I thought I told you to capture Neo-Queen Serenity … You do realize of course, Lord Chaos won’t be pleased … You know that! … Let me spell it out for you shall I? … The only way to acquire Crystal Tokyo is to possess the most powerful Star Seed on that planet … why haven’t you captured her?” Angel asked sweetly with the right amount of venom behind her tone that made her two sisters uncomfortable while Angel looked the scout up and down.

The prisoner stood around six feet tall; his raven-black hair tied in a ponytail that fell to the base of his spine and the rest of his haircut short gave him a pleasing allure. However, no matter how attractive he might be, she couldn’t let this go without chastising her sisters. She knew one of them would answer for failing to capture the true prize. If she didn’t acquire a star-seed soon, Angel would be forced to punish one of her own. Sailor Moon of the future’s healing of Cheyenne and Honey-Sweet wasn’t the reason she worried, for the termination of one of her sisters would still be expected. Angel didn’t know what she would do if it came down to that, and of course, she loved her family more than her own life. She’d do anything to protect them even if it meant her death.

“We tried, Angel! … We swear on our lives … she wasn’t alone, and he, or should I say she, fought along side Eternal Sailor Moon … We had no choice other than to take Star Fighter … she de-transformed as soon as we’d arrived … Sailor Moon was far too powerful, and she was ready for us despite our surprise attack … He’s one of the Sailor Stars our overlord spoke of from beyond the Crystal Kingdom … He is known as Seiya, and as I’ve said, he/she becomes Sailor Star Fighter when the situation calls for it! … Chaos explained the Star’s strong connection with Sailor Moon and her friends!” Divine remonstrated brushing the hair out of her eyes.

“You know that won’t be enough! … We need the Star Seed …failure isn’t an option we can afford my dear sisters … and it should be quite clear to you by now what is at stake here, or should I remind you … You should know how important family is to us!” Angel shouted as tears of frustration collected in her eyes. The others stood with mouths open and stared at their sister. Bella tugged the hem of her skirt, and felt uncomfortable and bit her lip.

“So what do we do with him in the meantime, Angel? … If we take her friends one by one as prisoners; Sailor Moon and her friends will try to rescue Seiya … we can bide our time, for the Star Seed will come to us!” Bella remarked feeling pleased with herself while patting Oyeme’s shoulder.

Angel couldn’t understand why her sisters always behaved as if they were completely stupid, for when it came down to it, they’d always known what to do without asking such ridiculous questions. She felt it had something to do with Chaos. She only hoped their foolishness wouldn’t be their downfall. Angel was almost at the end of her tether, for Bella’s insolence was really getting to her. Angel’s tolerance was ebbing away bit by bit, especially since living in this dark and dreadful place. What made matters worse was the fact she had to do most of their thinking for them. They were old enough to take care of themselves, but the added complication of having to serve a dark overlord made it difficult to watch their backs.

“You know where we keep our guests, I suggest you move your pretty asses and take him there immediately, and be quick about it ... now run along … Oh, and Oyeme, go with them … I wish to be alone!” Angel commanded as her emotions spun within her heart like a tornado as she let out a long sigh and rubbed her eyes with her palms.

Oyeme was a little hurt by Angel’s tone. She was disappointed Angel sent her after her two ditzy sisters, but she chided herself realizing she was being selfish. She knew Angel had a load on her mind and needed time out to clear her head. It would be bad enough when their overlord learned of their failure to bring back Moon.

Angel watched her three siblings escort Seiya from the chamber. Seiya looked back at her with a look of hate and something like pity in his eyes before he curtly turned from her gaze and allowed himself to be led away. She didn’t need anybody’s pity, especially someone who didn’t figure in her life. She rose from the comfortable chair and with a sinking feeling at the pit of her stomach felt the dark crystal orb throb against her chest. Angel clasped it firmly and gathered her courage as she slowly moved towards the door leading to the next chamber where her superior waited. She would have to give an account of their last fight.

She crossed the threshold that opened onto a long dark causeway. In the dark recesses overhead, she heard hundreds of bats flutter amongst the beams and arches and swoop low occasionally causing her to stifle a scream as a winged way shower brushed against her hair. The columns looked as if they were concealing somebody, who might at any moment leap from the shadows and clamp a hand over her face. Angels was frightened and imagined this dark assailant thrusting a dagger into her heart, or drag her into the darkness with a more hideous fate in store for her. She shuddered in concert with the cobwebs that shivered as they brushed against her face and clung like spindly tendrils to her hands and shapely bare legs. She stopped for a moment and grimaced cursing under her breath before brushing the offending strands of silk from her thighs and calves. She glared into the darkness as if challenging whatever might lurk there to chance an attack. She took a deep breath, straightened, and then slowly continued as she shook the fine dust from her golden locks that floated off the walls and ceilings. Angel’s footfalls told her she had almost reached the eight foot high black wrought-iron gates that stood open waiting for her. She almost screamed as something ran over her foot and scurried off into shadow. She quickly regained her composure and stopped before stepping into the chamber.

She’d heard rumors of executions and torture taking place within this chamber, but thought them fables until one day a servant girl entered without permission and never returned to service, nor was seen ever again. The girl played with like a doll before the master took his pleasure, and incinerated her alive. They were shocked and terrified by the horrific screams of the dying woman. The stench of death lingered for months before it faded. She pushed these grotesque thoughts from her mind and feigned a smile, and then moved towards the tall figure standing over a cauldron. Angel stopped three meters back and knew what to expect. He was observing events in Crystal Tokyo, his gaze intense and expression one of pure evil that sent shivers throughout her entire body. She felt her heart pounding as if it wanted to jump from her mouth and flee.

“My lord! … You wanted to see me when I had news … We were unable to capture Neo-Queen Serenity, but we captured the man known as Seiya or Sailor Star Fighter … I think he will be a perfect lure to capture the Queen’s Star Seed!” Angel said with just the right balance of confidence accented with a tone of obedience while concentrating simultaneously on controlling her nerves.

Angel looked at the man who held their lives in his hands; Chaos stood six feet four inches tall. His chiseled features were attractive, but if he weren’t a dark overlord, she might be seriously attracted to him. Any woman would find such a good-looking man appealing and would be at his side in an instant. He had golden hair that floated freely over his strong shoulders and fell mid-way down his back. Angel thought it uncanny how his hair was so like that of Neo-Queen Serenity in the painting. He wore a black cloak over a black top with long sleeves. The insignia placed over his heart featured two warrior swords that intersected one another. The charcoal black slacks and suede shoes gave him a casual look that belied his dark nature. His eyes were sky blue, but they seemed to be devoid of a soul.

“Child, Don’t tell me what I already know … You know I’m completely aware of both yourself and the activities of your sisters … I also know you’ve lost two of them to the Queen and her Sailor Soldiers … continue the way you’ve done thus far until you obtain the Star Seed … I don’t care how many sister’s you lose … I simply want her Star Seed, AND I WANT IT NOW, ANGEL!” Chaos said menacingly as his eyes burned with lust for the prize.

“Yes, my lord Chaos … I will do whatever is necessary to succeed!” Angel said smiling as his eyes studied her intensely.

“You foolish child … if her Star Seed was easy to acquire, I would have claimed it long ago while Galaxia was in my service … if that were accomplished … you naive girl, Sailor Moon wouldn’t have sent me to another dimension and saved Galaxia … She wouldn’t have retrieved the Sailor Soldiers Star Seeds and that of the famous Tuxedo Mask … If I had it that easy, I wouldn’t need you and your pathetic sisters to assist me … Now get out of my site before I get really angry with you!” Chaos demanded as his anger at himself had been misdirected towards Angel. She felt fear, and to her annoyance found, herself more attracted to him than ever despite his admonishment.

“Yes, sir!” Angel replied bowing slowly.

She looked at his fierce expression, but he didn’t speak. He nodded silently as she turned and left the chamber retracing her steps back through the darkened causeway with its eerie atmosphere returning to safer ground.

Chaos couldn’t believe how poorly his luck was going. He had to turn it around somehow. Neo-Queen Serenity and her Royal Court would pay dearly for making his life miserable. He was so close to taking over the Galaxy during the Silver Millennium, but the Moon Queen and her court destroyed any chance of success centuries ago. He also believed success in twenty first century Earth would have been his if not for Sailor Moon and those useless Sailor Starlight’s. He vowed this time that nobody would stand in his way.


**FLASH BACK TO THE SILVER MILLENNIUM**


The fact peace and prosperity flourished for the Moon Kingdom made him sick. He had to end it and gather the energy to overthrow the house of Serenity, become ruler of the Moon Kingdom and the entire galaxy. He’d sent his daughter Beryl under the stewardship of Metallia to destroy and take the Moon Kingdom. He instructed her to finish off the Queen and her daughter, for Chaos wanted no rivals to challenge his rain.

The doors to the thrown room opened and his daughter approached. She was a pretty child, but not pretty enough it seemed to marry off. She stood five feet three inches tall; Beryl’s flame-red hair cascaded to her hips was truly lovely. The strapless purple dress she wore floated luxuriantly above her ankles. Beryl’s flawless creamy complexion accentuated the contours of her beautifully sculptured bare shoulders and swan like throat that contrasted nicely with a pretty gold choker with small ruby. The descending V-neckline highlighted her generous cleavage while the bodice clung to beautifully proportioned breasts. However, he’d always thought his daughter dressed like a tart, but he never said this to her face.

“Father, we’ve overpowered earth’s forces and have launched an assault on the Moon to put an end to the Silver Millennium … unfortunately, we’ve one small problem … somebody has warned the Queen and her court!” Beryl said shaking her head of vermilion while clenching tiny fists.

“WHAT? … WHO? … I WANT YOU TO FIND OUT AND KILL THEM! “He jumped to his feet and shouted.

“Yes father I’ll see to it!” Beryl said with more confidence than she felt as she bowed and turned to leave.

"By the way, Beryl … I want you to bring Princess Serenity to me … I’ve decided to spare her … I don’t want you or anyone else to harm her, for the consequences would be most unpleasant … I want you to bring her and the prince of Earth here … I want them alive … do I make myself clear daughter?" Chaos demanded.

"Yes, father! … may I ask why both?" she enquired after stopping to face her father once more curious as to what her father had in mind.

"JUST DO IT! … My reasons are purely my concern, not yours …. If you have a problem with that … then I’ll get someone else to lead the earth generals into battle against Queen Serenity!" he declared as his eyebrows threatened to take flight and attack her where she stood.

"No, no problem …. I will do as you ask father!" Beryl replied.

He had a good idea who warned Serenity.

“Endymion! … The prince would forfeit his life for this!” he said to himself after Beryl’s departure.

Chaos hoped his daughter would follow his orders to the letter, but he was worried she’d try to seduce the prince and take him as her own. Chaos couldn’t afford any mistakes, as he was so close to finally destroying the light of the Silver Crystal and what it represented. He had to stop Queen Serenity before she destroyed everything he had worked so hard to achieve.

Nobody knew of his relationship to the moon family, especially the teenage girl was destined to succeed her mother as queen. Chaos would punish Serenity who he’d once loved long ago for sending him away years ago when his little princess was just a child. He’d been denied the opportunity to see her grow up to become the beautiful princess. He could only watch from afar, and the pictures of his little golden-haired daughter sent over the years by Serenity. She’d also given him the painting that gave the impression both mother and daughter was waiting expectantly for someone or something. He ensured the painting he cherished so dearly was kept in good order. If necessary, he’d sacrifice his life to keep it safe. He hoped Beryl wouldn’t destroy her sister in the process. Beryl was unaware she had a sibling who was destined to become queen. If not for Serenity sending him away, Beryl wouldn’t exist, and there would be no need to wage war against the moon kingdom. He couldn’t let anyone discover that Beryl and Princess Serenity were sisters and he their father.

He was lost in his thoughts when all of a sudden he heard a sound outside; he stepped down from his throne and moved quickly towards the doors that led to the antechamber. He opened the doors to find one of Beryl’s generals standing before him. He couldn’t recall his name, but knew this general was senior to those that served on earth. According to his recollections supposed to marry one of the sailor soldiers, Venus he thought. This guy was equal in height to Chaos. His silvery -white hair fell a little past his shoulders. The gray uniform with green trim gave the young man an heir of authority.

“I’m sorry my lord … Queen Serenity has used the Silver Crystal to save her court … She sent them along with her subjects to a future on Earth!” he said solemnly.

Suddenly, out of nowhere a brilliant flash of light enveloped them. When Chaos finally regained consciousness, he discovered with a shock they were no longer in his palace thrown room. He looked about, and quickly took in the situation. He examined their surroundings; Chaos realized others stood around him with fear written in their eyes.

“I want to know how the hell we’ve ended up here!” Chaos barked.

“My lord! … There’s a problem … Apparently, Queen Serenity sent us hundreds of light years from Earth and its planets!” a voice announced from the back of the crowded chamber.

“Where are we then?” Chaos asked totally shell shocked by the sudden turn of events.

“It appears we were sent to a very far off Galaxy … If we were to head back now … it would take us millions of years to reach Earth and the Moon Kingdom!” another replied standing just outside the chamber’s open arch.

The assembly knew this news wouldn’t go down well with their ruler, and started to back away and leave the chamber. Unfortunately, before they could all escape Chaos screamed at the top of his voice and started to throw energy balls in every direction killing anyone unlucky enough who got in their way.


**END FLASHBACK**


His mind returned to the last sortie into the Milky Way and his failed attempt to set up his dominion. He had used Galaxia to achieve his objectives, but things screwed up after her memories had resurfaced. She just ‘had’ to take Sailor Moon’s hand, and send him back to the hellhole Serenity had plunged him and his retinue after the fall of the Silver Millennium. At least he knew where to find his daughter; Chaos had yet to figure out what he would say to his daughter when they’d met face-to-face. What would she say to him, and how would she react? One thing was certain; he didn’t have to worry about his ex-wife interfering with his plans on this occasion. He wanted to convince his daughter to allow him to rule at her side.

Unfortunately, she had that pathetic Endymion as King of Earth, who was her true love from the Silver Millennium.

Chaos was angry and bitter about the past. It was his hatred that darkened his heart, for he failed to recognize that nothing he did or said would excuse his actions in Neo-Queen Serenity’s eyes. She would have understood her mother’s reasons for ending their relationship and sending him away.

Chaos realized that he it was necessary for him to make a third attempt at returning to Earth , find people to help him take the Crystal Kingdom and ultimately bring him face to face with his daughter.

Chaos had studied Earth’s cultural systems, economics and everything he needed to set up the perfect plan to enable him to succeed. He posed as a corporate executive, and joined a firm as junior partner. Eventually, his associate became embroiled in gambling debts and had a knack of getting himself caught up in a host of vices. Chaos had the perfect candidate. His business partner was certainly amenable to any offers of help; therefore, he had his associate right where he wanted. He told the fool that in order to have his financial security restored there was a price to be paid. At first, his associate carried out minor tasks involving technical fraud such as juggling figures and manipulating stocks for re-sale and so on. Chaos gradually pushed him into more serious corporate crime involving illegal movement of large sums of money and information. Chaos casually informed his business partner over lunch at an exclusive Italian restaurant that he had gathered a detailed dossier on his partner’s activities and threatened to expose him if he refused to fully cooperate or be thrown to the wolves. It was at that moment he knew he had the perfect pawn. The fool had previously crossed a number of underworld figures, and Chaos bailed him out only to make the man more compliant.

Chaos then solved his next problem being how to find a team of new minions that he could train and prepare to serve him. He set a condition that would free his partner of all obligations. The price for his freedom, a plane ticket to Europe and one million US dollars in an account set up for him in a South American account was he’d not ever show his face in Japan and hand total custody of his seven children over to him and cease all contact. The stupid man would rather sacrifice his own family to a dark overseer, rather than love and keep them secure. Chaos thought the children were better off without such a man for a father, but his sentiments were motivated by his power play for the Crystal Kingdom not any sense of humanitarianism. The business arrangement had given him a young family of ready-made recruits as their father was unfit to care for them putting gold and the lust for power over love. Chaos had seven girls to instruct on the finer art of embracing the power of darkness and serve him. However, he didn’t plan to lose two sisters to Sailor Moon. He raised these girls as if they were his own. Still that did not change his plans regarding Sailor Moon. He would this time make sure he took possession of her Star Seed, and he would do this at any cost, even if it meant sacrificing the lives of his girls.

The only thing he didn’t understand was the connection between his daughter, Neo-Queen Serenity and Sailor Moon. Every time his daughter and her friends were in danger, out of nowhere would appear those Sailor Soldiers and scuttle his plans. They always frustrated his efforts to capture Serena and explain the fact that he was her father from the Moon Kingdom. His attention returned to the cauldron, and with a casual wave of the hand a vision quickly formed. He saw Neo-Queen Serenity and the Sailor Soldiers engaged in conversation on a palace veranda.


**The Crystal Palace**.


Amara and Michelle escorted Serenity to the thrown room where she climbed the marble steps assisted by her faithful Sailor soldiers and sat comfortably upon her throne. She extended her hands to each woman thanking them for there understanding and support, and for giving Seiya a chance to prove his loyalty to both herself, Darien and the Sailor soldiers. Amara still felt she ought to keep an eye on Serenity in case she got it into her head to do something rash.

"Serenity, please take some good advice… We can bring him back, but we can’t afford to lose you in the process … nobody blames you for Fighter's abduction … truth be known one of you would have been captured … if not Seiya or yourself… then it might have been one of us … the fact remains you would still take the blame for something out of your control … nobody doubts you did all you could, but hey, we can’t always succeed … sometimes battles are lost as you well know and you have to go easy on yourself … We are in this together, moon face," Amara said smiling at the smile that lit up Serena’s face at the use of the endearment.

"She is right Serena; no one could have prevented what happened. Either way, those two would have taken any hostage if it meant it would make you suffer … Instead they took someone close to you, someone they could use for bate! … I know Endymion’s your husband, but deep down you care for Seiya as he does you … The only difference is the fact your love for Endymion is a far stronger and different kind of love to that of a special friend … We promise to come up with a viable plan to rescue him!" Taiki replied standing beside Amara.

"Don't you worry about a thing … not only will get him back, but we’ll whip the asses of those responsible for interrupting our welcome home party!" Yaten joked bringing a smile to all their faces.

Everyone was surprised when Serenity actually laughed at what Taiki said, and everyone knew Serena would be okay.

They were especially surprised as Seiya was the only Starlight that could make her laugh, and they all felt it a good omen indeed.