Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6
 
 “OUCH! Take it easy there…” Sano demanded. Sayo looked at him and smiled. “We're almost done… besides, if you did not fight with that man, you wouldn't feel the pain that you are feeling right now.” Sayo said. Sano became serious… “Why are you doing this? I mean, why are you helping me?” he asked. Sayo looked at his chocolate-brown eyes. “You saved me… again, and I didn't even thank you when you saved me last week.” She explained. “This is how I will express my gratitude.” She added. She looked at Sano's eyes. She is trying to understand Sano's silence. `Why is he staring at me like that?' she thought. “Okay! We're done!” Sayo gushed. Sayo stood up to clean the table they used, but Sano grabbed her hands. “Thanks… you are the only one who cared for me like this.” He said, looking at her green eyes. “What do you mean? You have your parents-” before she could finish, Sano interrupted. “They're always busy, busy, busy. Besides, if they are at home, Souzo is the only one they always see. They think that he is the perfect son, the greatest son in the whole world… and me? They're tired of seeing me like this; they think I'm a ruffian and that I don't belong in their family.” Sano said. Sayo felt sorry for him… she stared at the way Sano held her hand. Sano saw the reaction at Sayo's face and released her hand. “I don't understand… when I was there, they seem to be very happy to have sons like you.” Sayo said. Sano smiled and looked away. “That's what they do when there are visitors… but in ordinary days, usually they shout at me.” He said. “Souzo is the only one who doesn't shout at me… he's the one who saves me from my parents' lectures.” He added. Sayo took a deep sigh. She can't understand why his parents are like that. Souzo didn't mention anything like that to her before. Sano stood up and helped her clean the table. “Hey, what are you doing? You should sit down and relax.” Sayo gushed. Sano grinned. “Well, I fell okay now… so I'll just help you.” He exclaimed. “What about your parents? How are they?” Sano asked. Sayo was silent for a moment. “Why? Did I say something that hurt your feelings?” He asked. Sayo looked at him, trying to overcome the loneliness she feeling. “They're dead. Both of them.” Sano was shocked. “I'm sorry… I did not know.” Sayo smiled and looked at Sano. “Don't worry, its okay.”
When they finished cleaning, they went out of the clinic and walked towards the school gate. While walking both of them shared laughs as Sano gave her funny jokes. When they reached the school gate, Sano looked at her eyes. “It's getting dark, if you want, I could walk you home.” Sayo smiled. “Oh, you don't have to do that.” She said. “What if a guy tries to seduce you again? Who will be there to help you?” he protested. Sayo sighed and looked at his face. “Okay, you win.” She gushed. So, they walked together. Again, they shared some laughs and smiles as both of them shared some stories and jokes. Sayo finally stopped walking. “Okay, this is it… we're already here.” She said. Sano placed his hands at his pockets. He felt something cold touches his skin. It was Sayo's necklace. “Wait, I have to give you something that belongs to you.” Sano said. “What?” Sayo asked. Sano pulled out the necklace from his pocket. Sayo was shocked to see her necklace. Sano stretched his arms towards Sayo's hands. “Oh, I thought that you would never give it back to me.” She said. She grabbed her necklace and wore it. “It looks perfect on you.” Sano said. Sayo smiled and looked at Sano. “Really? My mother gave it to me before she died.” She explained. Sano was happy to see Sayo's reaction. “Well, I guess I have to go.” Sano said. “Wait, our first meeting was kinda bitter… I think we should introduce ourselves again.” Sayo said. Sano chuckled. “Okay… my name is Sanosuke Sagara, just call me Sano.” He said. Sayo nodded and smiled. “My name is Sayo Muto and you can call me Sayo.” She said. “Can you be my friend, Sayo?” Sano joked. “Very well then, Sano.” She replied with a sweet smile on her face. Sano almost melted when he saw her sweet disposition. They shaked hands and laughed. “Okay, I really got to go… good night.” Sano whispered. Sayo smiled and nodded. “Okay, good night. Take care of yourself… I don't want to see another bruise on your face tomorrow.” Sayo joked. Sano grinned and walked away. Sayo watched Sano's tall, lean figure fade in the dark. Then she entered their gate and ran towards the house happily. When she entered the house, she saw Shougo standing near the stairs. “Who is that guy? Why are you late?” he asked. Sayo walked towards her brother and kissed him at his cheeks. “He's Souzo's brother… he saved me from a guy.” She said. Shougo raised an eyebrow. “Saved you?” he repeated obliviously. “Yes, a guy tried to date me but I don't want to have a date with him. The guy told Sano that if Sano wins, he would never disturb me again, so the two of them fought and Sano won. I had to mend his wound, that's why I was late.” She explained. Shougo took a sigh of relief. “Hmpf, a ruffian.” He said. Sayo frowned. “No! He's not a ruffian.” She protested. “Okay, I know you're tired, go to your room now.” He said. Sayo nodded and ran towards her room. She changed her clothes then jumped to her bed. She fingered her necklace. `Thanks for returning this to me.' She thought. She smiled then fell asleep.
***
At Sano's house… Sano was already lying in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He can't forget Sayo's sweet smile. `Souzo's right… she's the sweetest girl.' He thought. `Wish I could see you again tomorrow.' He added. Then he went to sleep.