Samurai X Fan Fiction ❯ We are Destined ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 9
 
The next day, Sayo woke up early in the morning and washed her face. It was just 6 am. She rushed down to the kitchen of Souzo's house. She asked permission from Souzo's cook if she could cook the breakfast before everyone in the Sagara family wakes up. The cook agreed and left her alone in the kitchen. Sayo looked at the refrigerator and decided to cook pancakes. After cooking, she started preparing the dining table. When she was about to finish preparing the table, Sano entered the dining room.
“Wow. Those pancakes look yummy.” Sano said.
“They are.” Sayo bragged. Both of them giggled. “Well, this is the way I'll show my gratitude to your family for letting me sleep here.” She added.
“Hmm. let me help you.” Sano said, then took some table napkins and placed it on the table.
“Thanks.” Sayo said. “After breakfast, I'll go home and change clothes, and then go to the mall to buy a gift for Souzo. I have 4 hours to do that, right?” Sayo asked.
“Um, yeah. His plane leaves at around 11, before lunch.” Sano answered.
Right after they finished preparing the table, Souzo and his parents entered the dining room. “Bonding, huh?” their father asked Sayo and Sano. “Nah, when I woke up she was already finished cooking our breakfast so I decided to help her arrange the table.” Sano answered. “Oh? Since when did you learn to fix the table?” his father smirked. “Pa, stop. Don't do that to Sano.” Souzo interrupted. Sano looked at his brother. Sayo decided to interrupt them before they start to argue and get mad at Sano. “Hey, let's just eat breakfast.” Sayo said. Everyone agreed. After eating breakfast, Sayo told Souzo that she needs to go home and change her clothes. “Sayo, I won't let you go home alone but I can't drive you home. I have to pack some extra clothes.” Souzo said. “It's okay; I'll just take a taxi.” Sayo said. “No, I'll ask Sano to drive for you.” Souzo said. He went to Sano's room and found Sano sitting at his bed. “Hey dude, can you drive Sayo to her house?” Souzo asked. “Okay.” Sano said. After changing his clothes, Sano went to their garage and waited for Sayo. Then they went to Sayo's house.
Shougo was about to go to work when Sano's car entered Sayo's house. Sano and Sayo got out of the car and walked towards Shougo. Sayo kissed her brother in his cheeks. “Hi Shougo. I want you to meet Sano, Souzo's brother.” Sayo said. Sano smiled and nodded at Shougo. “Hi.” He said. Shougo nodded back at Sano and looked at his sister. “How was your overnight there?” he asked his sister. “It was fine.” Sayo replied. “I'm here to change clothes and get some money then go to the mall to buy a gift for Souzo.” Sayo explained. “Okay. Take care; I have to go to work now.” Shougo said. He kissed his sister on her cheeks. “Bye, take care.” Sayo said. Then she waved to Shougo as Shougo entered his car and made his way out of the gate. “Your brother looks so uptight.” Sano said. “No, he just looks like that because he looks strict. Our parents died when we were kids so he had to take over the company when he was just 7 years old, and he had to take care of me. That's why he looks uptight, but he's sweet.” Sayo explained. Sano nodded. “Well, why don't you wait at the living room while I'm taking a bath? I'll tell the maid to give you something to drink.” Sayo said. Then she went to her room and took a bath. While Sano was waiting for Sayo, he roamed around the living room and saw some pictures of Sayo and Shougo when they were kids. The other picture was a picture of Sayo, Shougo, and their parents. After an hour and a half, Sayo finished taking a bath and changing her clothes. She went to the living room and saw Sano sitting at the couch. “Well, I thought you were going to take ten years to finish taking a bath.” Sano joked. “I'm sorry if you waited for me for so long.” Sayo said. “I was just kidding.” Sano added. “Come on, let's go to the mall.” He said.