SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Hate, Love, and Flaming Roses ❯ Bakunetsumaru's lies ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay, taking on the challenge! :p This has made me obsessed with finishing this story. Now. X.x Oh well, I am motivated at least! :p

************

" Woo! I've never heard of a Gundam getting sick before!!" Cao-Lyn exclaimed while flipping around the emergency care room. Zero swallowed. " Will he be alright?" he asked.

" Hoo-whhooo! I'll need to get a diagnostic on his systems before I can confirm anything, Zero," he said while his robot helper got a mini digital screen. " You should probably go tell Captain about this while I run the analytic." Zero nodded, but was reluctant to go. He hesitantly went.

" This sounds very illogical to me," Captain blinked after Zero found him in his quarters and told him what happened to Bakunetsumaru. " Oh it's not, believe me!" Zero said. " He nearly barfed all over me when I carried him to the bathroom. It was not a pretty sight."

" Have they confirmed what he's gotten yet?"

" No. They're running a diagnostic right now. Good thing the Air-head is asleep, or he'd have a beast spirit!"

" Let's go check on him." Zero nodded. " Yes, let's."

Zero and Captain arrived at the infirmary to see Bakunetsumaru covered in blankets and whimpering like a lost puppy. " What's wrong, Baku?" Captain asked. The samurai sniffled while drawing the blankets up to his chin as he lied on his side. " I…I think I'm dying…"

" What?!" They both yelled.

" I'm dying from hunger…" He sobbed. Zero facefaulted. " Good Lord! Is that all that you think about!?"

" That, and killing all the Dark Axis scum in slow, painful ways…" Zero shook his head. " There is no hope for you." He then left.

" Where is he going?" Captain shrugged. " I don't know." Baku groaned. " Greaat, he ditched me in my hour of need…" he said a bit sarcastic.

" So, what is wrong with you?"

" The Mexican Jumping Bean said he didn't know," Baku said while trying to imitate the yellow clad old man speaking wise. He then held his stomach, regretting that. " He doesn't know?"

" No. But…Um…I think I do know…" Baku looked away.

" Well, what?"

Baku closed his eyes. " It's…it's a strange disease that has run in my family for many years…" he began. " But this affects everyone differently. My Father gained an uncontrollable rage from it, making him go mad, and my sister…" He swallowed. " My…My sister was blind at birth."

" How terrible…"

" Yes. I heard that when my great-great-great grandfather fought with a demon to defend his soon-to-be-wife, the demon cursed him and his decedents to have life altering …deficiencies. I always thought that was a myth, something my sister was told to make her feel a bit special to be blind. And that she could be well if the curse was uplifted…

" I guess, now, maybe it wasn't just a silly story. But…I don't know …" Baku held his head. He couldn't think strait. " So what do you think you have?"

" I don't want to say it…"

" There is no one else here, and I'll keep this in confinement between us." Baku looked up at him. " Are you sure? Cuz this is unnatural and…creepy…"

" You can trust me," Captain smiled. " But first, why didn't if affect you before?"

" Oh…I don't know. It comes at you at different times, I guess. Like it was at birth with my sister, but not with my father."

" I see."

" …I think I contracted a death virus…"

Captain's eyes widened slightly. " What kind?"

" Er…" He drew in a breath, getting ready to tell, when Zero returned to the room holding a bowl of soup. Bakunetsumaru blinked, then laughed. " The soup you were making?"

Zero nodded." I thought you might like it now that your stomach is empty. So I brought some." Baku smiled. " Thanks." He took the bowl, and with one swallow, drained the contents. Zero's eyes widened at his appetite. Baku blinked happily. " This stuff's great!"

" …Are you sure you were able to taste it?"

" Sure I could!"

" Then what flavor is it?"

" Um…. blackberry?" Zero coughed. " It was chicken noodle…."

" Oh. Well, that was my second guess." Zero and Captain rolled their eyes at the sick Gundam. " Whatever, Baku, whatever."

**

Kibaomaru sat on his throne in the large, feudal Japan castle. " Cobramaru," he growled into the darkness that filled the room.

" Yes, my lord?" came a hiss from a pair of blood red eyes. " It is almost time." The eyes gave a slight nod. " Yes, master." They then gave a slight flash, and were gone.

The dark lord of Ark chuckled to himself lightly as he softly drummed his fingers on the arm of his throne. " Yes…all shall be going according to plan soon enough…"

**

Bakunetsumaru choked back a cough as he was back in his room in the SDG base. He didn't want to wake up Zero, who was sitting at the table next to his bed. His head was tucked behind his folded arms as he snored quietly. Bakunetsumaru didn't remember coming in here. Heck, he didn't remember much after…after…

Wait, he couldn't remember his last thought! Oh geeze, did he get knocked out or something? He shrugged. Knowing his run of luck, probably. He looked over at Zero and suppressed the urge to giggle. He thought he looked quite cute cuddled up like that…

Wait---CUTE?! What the hell was he thinking!? He shook his head so rapidly to get rid of those thoughts that one of the gold horns on his helmet scratched along the wall behind the bed, making a loud scraping sound. " …Shit…"

Zero's head shot up suddenly and he jumped out of the chair, making it fall to the ground. He looked around the room for something evil, but just saw Bakunetsumaru sitting on his bed with a silly look on his face.

" Um, sorry Zero…" Bakunetsumaru put a hand behind his head while chuckling naively. Zero blinked, relaxing. " What are you doing up? You're supposed to be asleep for at least another five hours!" Bakunetsumaru blinked. " How long was I asleep?" Zero picked the chair back up and sat in it. " Twelve hours, I presume."

" Twelve?! What the heck happened? Did I get drugged or something??" Zero avoided looking Baku in the eye and looked over at the wall next to him. " Well, yes…"

" WHAT?!"

" You wouldn't let Cao-Lyn examine you, so we had to!"

" So did the Mexican Jumping Bean find anything wrong?"

" Well…er…" Zero sweatdroped. " No." Bakunetsumaru sighed in relief, but Zero thought it was out of annoyance. " Sorry." Bakunetsumaru shrugged. " It's not your fault that they're still unfamiliar with Mushas." He stood up. Zero looked a bit worried. " Are you sure you should be getting up?" he asked as Bakunetsumaru strut past him. Bakunetsumaru waved a hand towards Zero, but didn't turn around, to dismiss his question. " I'm sure." He then went out the door.

It didn't even take ten seconds before Bakunetsumaru started screaming. The screams were quickly fallowed by a few clanks, smashes, and a loud crash. Zero rushed outside to see what happened. Bakunetsumaru was down the west side of the hall, with a foot in a bucket, a mop on his head, and covered in soapy water.

" I uh…meant to do that…" Bakunetsumaru muttered while peeling a few strands of the mop out of his eyesight. Zero burst out laughing at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bakunetsumaru walked through the halls of his family's home, unable to sleep. He was probably about ten years old by Neotopian standards, but was old enough to run the house in his father's absence. His father, how he hated him so…

Well, at least he got beheaded after everyone found out that he killed their mother. Now it was just him, and his little sister.

Bakunetsumaru slid open a rice paper door quietly and peeked inside. He saw his sister asleep in her bed. He turned to leave, but a little squeak made him stop.

" Baku-san?"

" Yes Den-chan?"

" When do you think mama and papa are coming back home?" That tore at Baku's gun soul. " …Very soon," he lied. They were dead and were never coming back, but she was too young to know. " They'll be home soon." His sister nestled in her sheets. " That's good…I was starting to worry…" Baku gave a nod, but remembered she was blind. " Yeah."

" Baku?"

" Yes, sis?"

" When am I gonna get the curse lifted so I can see?" Bakunetsumaru looked down. " Truthfully, I don't know."

" Well, I hope it'll be soon, I want to see how handsome my big brother is." Bakunetsumaru went over to her bedside and gave her a hug. " Don't worry, you'll see someday…." He gave her a kiss goodnight. " I promise."

**

Okay, that chappie wasn't very good. But hopefully it'll get better! ^^; Hope May-VeggieGirl updates her story soon