SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Hate, Love, and Flaming Roses ❯ Our Own Little Dance Under the Stars ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zero returned to base and flung the door to his room open. He staggered in while holding his head.

" Damn Kikumon…" He shook his head and growled. She knew he loved Bakunetsumaru, and made that her weapon against him. Damnit! Making him lust for him at unusual level to the point that he can't be around him without losing control, and never knowing when it will strike…damnit!

He then spotted something on his bed. It was a little box with brown paper wrapped around it. He picked it up, and shook it lightly. It didn't make a sound. He shrugged then unwrapped it. It was wrapped around a cedar box with the emblem of Kibaomaru. He stiffened, thinking there was a snake in there or something.

He took a breath, then opened it cautiously. Inside was a note, and a book. He took the note and read it.

***

Later that day, Baku knocked on Zero's door. " Zero?" he called, hoping he was there. He waited for a reply.

" Yes?"

He sighed. " Can I come in?"

" You mean; May I…"

" Douth my English bug ye, bumpkin?!" Baku replied.

" What?"

" Oh, never mind. So are ya gonna let me in or not?" The door opened and Zero looked out. " But of course, mon cher." He opened the door wider for Baku to go in. He did.

" Will you ever stop talking in your language in front of me? You know I don't know half of the stuff you talk about," Baku complained.

Zero laughed then said in French, "Je suis désolé, mais je dois vous ennuyer bien que je vous aime." Baku sweatdroped. (To find out what Zero just said, go to http://ets.freetranslation.com/ and select to French to Englsih. ;p) " WHY do I even bother with you?"

Zero just chuckled.

" So, are you, uh, feeling better?" Baku asked. " Ya know…with the spell and all…" Zero nodded. " Yes, thank you."

" Good! `Cuz I want you to go somewhere with me tonight!" Zero blinked. " Where?"

" A party, duh! The Mayor's having a big party at her manor and wants us to come!" Baku smiled excitedly. " This'll be my first real party to attend to." Zero inwardly sighed. Hopefully it wasn't like the stuck up balls he had to attend to back in Lacroa, where giddy ladies and snooty lords stooped about.

" So, you want to come, Zero?" Baku snapped Zero out of his thoughts. " Oh, of course." Zero smiled. " But, why ask me to accompany you?" he couldn't help but ask.

" Well, everyone's going there in pairs-even Captain and Shute---So I thought we could go together too!" he then added, " Though I dunno why they're doing that…"

Zero shook his head, suppressing a chortle at Baku's naivety. " When is it?"

" At seven. We'll be meeting at Shute's if you don't mind." Zero shrugged. " I don't mind."

" Coo'." (A/N: My friend says coo' all the time, so it's in my head now. X_X)

***

At the party, Bakunetsumaru seemed to be fascinated by a lot of things that seemed too simple for Zero. But this was Baku's first party after all. Shute seemed to be excited too, but in a mischievous way.

Zero found this to be nothing like the parties he used to attend to. No ballroom dancing, no classical music, and no rich snobs! Brownie point.

Baku snatched Zero's left arm. He looked up at him. " C'mon, Zero, let's dance!" Zero raised an invisible eyebrow.

" Er…" Zero cleared his throat. " I…don't really know how to dance anything really. I just waltz."

" Ah, it's easy! You just go with the flow!"

" The…flow?"

" I'll show you!" Before Zero could protest, Baku dragged him to the dance floor. " You just move to the beat of the music. Like this!" Baku did a few foot tapping moves, then spun around. " You try."

Zero sweatdroped. " Ummmm…." He tried to do what Baku just did, but only managed to trip over himself and fall on his butt. " Ow!" Bakunetsumaru laughed at Zero.

" You dork!" Baku held a hand out to help him up. " Quit being so self conscious about it. No one will care if you dance differently." Zero took his hand. They both then heard some yells and awes from a crowd nearby. They went over to check it out, and saw Shute free-style/ break dancing among the circle of watchers. The two Gundams sweatdroped.

" Er…see? Shute's got the…idea…" Baku said. " Damn! How does he do that?" Zero was intrigued by Shute's dancing.

" How interesting." He then looked over at Baku. " Do you think I'd be able to dance like that?"

" Wa? Er…yeah….sure, Zero," Baku sweatdroped again. " Er…but you got to learn the basics before you can break it down like that…geeze, he's going to dislocate a bone or something doing that!"

Zero and Baku got back to their dance lesson. Zero was getting a bit better, but couldn't get out of the habit of tripping over himself.

When a less reggae song came on, Baku stopped, then saw everyone pairing off. " Huh?"

" Oh, Bakunetsumaru." Baku turned to see Zero bowing before him. " May I have this dance?" Baku blinked. " Um…sure?" Zero stood up and took Baku's hand.

" Have you ever waltzed before?" he asked. Baku shook his head. " Nope. Is that like malts?" he asked innocently. Zero laughed.

" No, my friend. It's a way of dancing. I'll show you…Just follow my lead."

Zero put one of Baku's hands on his arm, he held the other. Zero put a hand on Baku's waist. " You just step into beat."

" What beat?"

" Step in rhythm like this…one, two three, one, two, three…" Zero coached while he and Baku started to dance. Baku got the idea of it quickly, without stepping on Zero's feet, surprisingly.

*

" Ready?" Shute snickered. Leonardo nodded. " Yes, it's all set up, Shute." Captain smiled.

" This is so much fun!"

" I know! …I just hope the lighting won't let them in on it…"

" Oh don't worry about a thing!" Leonardo said confidently while turning on a light switch from the little control room. " They won't know a thing unless they look closely."

*

The song's pace soon was replaced by even slower music. Zero pulled Baku in a bit closer. " So, what now?" Baku asked.

" We keep dancing," Zero replied simply. " But much, much slower." Baku blinked. Dancing slowly? That seemed silly to him.

After a few steps, Baku leaned his head against Zero, and wrapped his arms around his shoulders. (A/N: Gawd! That's gotta be the cutest thing! ^^) Baku thought this kind of dancing was totally stupid, since you barely moved at all…but he also found it very relaxing.

Zero felt like purring like a cat, if he was one that is. This moment to him seemed to be the most idyllic of all. He hoped this song wouldn't end, because he enjoyed holding his object of affection like this.

" Zero?" Baku whispered. Zero smiled as his eyes were closed. " Mmm-hhmmm.." he hummed in reply.

" Why is everyone staring at us?"

" Mmm-hmmm…" Zero's eyes blinked open. " I mean-what?"

" Well, look!" Zero looked around them and saw nearby dancers looking at them. He also heard an " Oh, aren't they cute together?" comment. Zero then saw Mayor Margaret and Keiko smiling at them from a corner of the crowd. The two stopped dancing and looked at the two women.

" Why, don't you two make the cutest couple?" Keiko giggled. Baku and Zero blinked. " What do you mean?"

" Well, you two are dating right?" the mayor of Neotopia giggled just as much as Keiko. Baku and Zero's eyes widened. Baku took a step away from Zero, while the knight blushed heavily. " No!" Baku said. " Why would you think that!? We were just dancing!"

" Well," Margaret begun, " The spotlight usually hits only dating couples who are dancing…"

Baku shot his head up to a little window above the dancing room to see Shute, Captain, and Leonardo in the light control room. " They did it again!!" Baku yelled.

*

" Uh-oh," Shute muttered. " Baku spotted us!" Captain looked down to see an enraged Baku glaring up at them. Leonardo sweatdroped. " Oh my, that didn't work…"

" Well, we tried," Shute sighed. " Now let's get out of here before he gets up here!"

*

A little later that night, the songs were normal up to date dance songs, but Baku was too upset with Captain and Shute to continue dancing that he went outside, and sat on the porch. He sighed irritably, then looked up at the sky.

" Bakunetsumaru?" Baku turned his head to the door to see Zero. " I thought you were going to dance," Baku commented.

" It's a bit lonely without you there." Zero sat down next to the samurai. " What's wrong?"

" Shute and Captain doing all these weird and humiliating things, that's what!" Baku spat. " First it was tricking me into thinking you were dead, and now making everyone think we're a couple! Don't they have their own lives to mess with!?"

" ….Is it, really that bad?" Zero asked with a tinge of hurt in his voice. Baku looked at him. " What do you mean?"

" Is it so terrible for people to think that we were together…?" Baku blinked, then looked away.

" I…guess not….." he admitted. " But they still shouldn't have done that! And I was hoping to have fun, too…"

" Didn't you though?"

" Well yes, I did, until I found out they pulled that on us!"

" …How much fun?" Baku tilted his head while glancing at Zero. " …A lot. It was especially fun to try and teach you how to dance." Baku and Zero laughed.

" I don't think my feet will ever be the same after that experience," Zero mused while kicking a foot up.

" And learning how to waltz was petty cool as well." Zero looked up at the stars.

" …What did you think about the slow dance? You know, before Shute and Captain rigged the lighting so they would shine on us…"

" I…umm…" Baku blushed lightly. " I liked it…It was…really nice…" Baku looked up to see Zero standing up, with a hand outstretched to him. " Well, would you like to dance again with no agitation?" Baku smiled, then took his hand. Zero wrapped his arms around Baku's waist, as Baku put his hands on Zero's shoulders.

" I'm glad," Baku began, " that I came here with you, Zero." Zero faintly blushed with a smile.

" I'm glad too."

For a while, the two of them danced to their own dance under the night sky, not caring about anything else for that time except their dance.

~~~~

Awww, so cute, no? :p So what the heck was that thing that Zero got?? Will Baku just fess up and say he likes Zero!? -.- R&R and find out later! Love ya all! Bye bye!!