SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Is Dating For Bakunetsumaru? ❯ Hide and Seek ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Ugh,” Bakunetsumaru woke up with a headache that felt like he was punched in the head, then again, he was. “I look, like one of my potential loves… Zero.”
He looked himself up and down in front of a reflective piece of metal, which was the door to his room. All of the red on his body was now painted blue. An ugly red sheet was tied unbelievably tight around his neck, yet did not choke him, which was obvious to be a cape. He knew something was in his eyes, because blinking was a little more difficult, yet not impossible. He saw his eyes had become blue. His helmet had been removed and replaced with a terribly stupid looking bucket. It was painted blue, with scrap metal welded on to match Zero's helmet roughly…. Very roughly. If the spot was supposed to be smooth, it was rough, if the spot was supposed to be curved inward, it was indented. It was obvious how little effort and time was put into the making of this costume. He noticed he also had cheap cologne put on him.
“This is so weird,” The formerly red gundam said. He added to himself, “Since I look like someone I love, does it mean I love myself?” He imagined trying to kiss himself, but laughed and continued to look around his surroundings. He noticed he was in some sort of castle, based on the stone walls, floors and ceilings, long hallways and heavy metal doors. `Where am I? Where is Talgeese?' Thoughts were rushing through the phony Zero's mind like a river. “I want to go home to Ark or Neotopia!” Bakunetsumaru yelled out. “OW” Bakunetsumaru felt electrical pulses running through his body violently, although they started in his neck. `The sheet must have something to do with it!' Bakunetsumaru concluded.
“That isn't much like you, Zero,” Talgeese came out of hiding from a stone perch behind Bakunetsumaru. He did, however, look holy, no matter how untrue it really was, because of the stained glass behind him.
“I'm not Zero… STOP THAT!” Bakunetsumaru was electrocuted again.
“Since you stole the heart of the one I love, you will now be my love. Every time I zap you, it means that you are misbehaving.” Bakunetsumaru felt his stomach ache from not eating much, and Talgeese could read him like a book. “Come dine with me, Zero.”
“NEVER! Even Zero wouldn't eat with you! Argh!”
“It won't stop hurting until you start acting like the knight you are.”
“Fine, I will eat with you,” Bakunetsumaru dragged himself to follow Talgeese down a long candlelit corridor. He forgot his weapons in his room back in Neotopia, because he never figured that he'd get so mad he's just run. `This guy's lost it, he really wants me to be Zero,' Bakunetsumaru wanted to tell Talgeese how crazy he was, but he knew it wouldn't end well. He started to imagine a scene involving a “surprise” and then Bakunetsumaru just crying, because he wouldn't be able to defend himself, let alone run. `No, I must retain my honor and pride, I mustn't upset him, or otherwise cause him to take that course of action,' Bakunetsumaru shivered at the thought.
They made it to the room. Bakunetsumaru completely forgot that he was being held hostage when he saw the feast set up for him. Foods of all types: Chicken, turkey, ham, fish, and an assortment of cooked vegetables. There was even food that the formerly red gundam had no idea what it was: white goop with stuff known as “gravy” to Neotopians and Zero. In the middle of the table was a large enticing cake that called out to anyone who likes sweet food, it looked like marble cake, and chocolate frosting, and Bakunetsumaru was sure he'd soon find out. He rushed up to the table and ate with his hands. He ate whatever he saw, unless it looked burnt. He knew he would be punished, but he didn't know how to eat with all of the mostly sharp pieces of metal that Zero called “silverware”. The place where the excited samurai was supposed to sit was obvious, and it had a place set with 10 pieces of silverware. So of course, Bakunetsumaru didn't even know that there were even that many silverware pieces made. Just like Bakunetsumaru knew it, he received his penalty for eating like a savage. He jumped from the shock and ran down a dark and poorly lit hallway. As he found a room to hide in, the pathetic looking samurai expected another zap, but didn't get one. `I noticed his remote, but maybe nothing can be in between the remote and the receiver. Maybe if I just keep hiding, he won't hurt me. Where does he find these things, anyways?'
“You can't keep hiding forever!” Bakunetsumaru heard Talgeese call out. “You're going to have to eat sometime!”
Bakunetsumaru whimpered, “He's right.” Then he heard footsteps. They were quiet, and sounded like a light robot walking down the hallway. They couldn't have been Talgeese's, simply because they were not heavy, stomping footsteps. Many more of these little robots continued to march through the hallways.
“Pawn Leos, spread out and search every crevice of the castle. You all have your special weapons to use to “convince” him out of hiding. Use as much of it as you think necessary, but watch out for yourselves.” Bakunetsumaru heard this as he began to peer out of the door. He hurried back into the room, and became scared. There were pictures of Zero everywhere, with a metal statue of him in the middle of the room. It as high quality metal, polished to a shine. The imitation of Zero observed it was wet.
`That's kind of gross,' he thought to himself. `Would I ever love Zero so much that I'd make a shrine like this to him?' He didn't have time to think.
“Lord Talgeese will be so pleased when we bring him back, pawn.” A pink cloud floated around Bakunetsumaru, and then he lost consciousness. “Lord T is really getting desperate, pawn,” One Pawn Leo observed.
“Yeah, this one is much worse than the last, pawn,” the other replied, disappointed with his idol.
They both remembered the history of Talgeese's pathetic attempts or recreating a Zero for his own needs. The first one to be made was well made, and it was obvious that a lot of time and money had been placed into creating this costume. The cape was silk, the shoulder pieces were elaborately chiseled and made out of gundainium, along with a jeweled helmet that was so close to the original, that it could almost be confused with it. Everything put into this costume looked like the real thing. The only problem with it was that it was only big enough for a Pawn Leo to fit in it. The Pawn Leo wasn't the problem, it was the size difference. The Pawn Leo tried its hardest to please Talgeese and was honored to fill the role, but Talgeese did not like hunching down to kiss a very short Zero. So, he then used Vayeate. It was yet another large project that was the exact same as the Pawn Leo's, but this one was large enough to fit a robot like Vayeate. However, the problem with this wasn't in Talgeese's hands; Vayeate was too stuck up and ran away. (To this day, nobody knows where he is) The “last one” that the minions were describing was a much less effort-invested project. It wasn't as bad as Bakunetsumaru's costume, but it certainly wasn't as realistic as the first two attempts. It was obvious that Talgeese was sick of wasting money on these projects, and began to make the costumes himself. The craftwork was quite mediocre. The blue wasn't the right shade to be the same color as Zero, the shoulder pieces were rough instead of smooth, and the entire head part was just a mask. Another problem was simply because the lack of taller robots, two Pawn Leos would stand on each other, because of this, the general shape of this “Zero” wasn't right at all, and both Pawn Leos were clumsy and not elegant.
“Well, I guess he's technically not the worst, considering he is a gundam, pawn. He has the right height and anatomy, but just poorly costumed.”
As the Pawn Leos were struggling with all their might to drag the Bakunetsumaru body across the bumpy, boring gray stone floor to Talgeese, they saw a blur rush by them.
“What do you suppose that was, pawn?”
“I don't know, but I bet we'll now soon, pawn.”
There was a mysterious voice arguing with Talgeese. The Pawn Leos were too afraid to open the door, and also knew it would upset their lord.
“Just give me Bakunetsumaru, or else the gundams from Neotopia will show up.” The Pawn Leos didn't recognize the voice, it didn't sound like it was from Lacroa.
“Ha! Why would they be in cahoots with you? I'm no idiot,” the little minions knew this voice to be Talgeese's.
“Here's all the proof you could possible need!” The mysterious figure obviously pulled out visible evidence, since it wasn't able to be heard.
“Wha-How-I don't believe it! You must have made this up!” Talgeese sounded stunned at first, but then recovered and put up his tough front again.
“Well, you're going to need to believe. One touch of this button here, and the filthy Neotopians would arrive. GIVE me Bakunetsumaru or the gundams from Neotopia will TAKE him from you. The choice is yours,” the voice threatened so well, it even sent chills down the Pawn Leos.
“Fine, I suppose I have no choice… But remember, if I find this to be a false piece of evidence, you'll see me again!” Talgeese sounded heartbroken, having lost the perfect way to imitate Zero.
“Well, where is he?”
“He's being found. Here, you might want this, since he's feisty,” Talgeese tossed the remote for the electrocution device. But the figure crushed it in his hand.
“I'll be looking for him, but if I don't find him, and I find out you've hidden him, it'll be your head!”
The mysterious figure opened the door, “Ahh there you are!”
“It's you!” Bakunetsumaru said, shaking in fear, and then fainted, falling back into a deep sleep.