SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ Chp.4: “This is What Dreams Are Made Of…” ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm baaaaack! With a new chapter, yay! XD I'm trying to get most of this out before school gets back in, know what I mean? So I'll cut the chatter and get with the chapter! :)
 
DISCLAIMER: The Titanica and other related characters are mine, Chaos Cammerce included. The other guys belong to Bandai. v_v
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Memories of the Abyss
Chp.4: “This is What Dreams Are Made Of…”
 
There She Is
 
There she is…
Towering high…
Broad and grand…
Ship of dreams!
 
Sailing day!
Morning bright!
Take your flight!
Ship of dreams!
She strains at her lines,
The smoke from her funnels trailing.
Her prow like a knife,
She'll cut thought the waves unfailing.
 
Soon to be
Under way,
Size and speed unexplored…
And I'll be aboard that ship of dreams!
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
“Look daddy, see how big it is?!” a little girl shrilled with excitement as she pointed to the `ship of dreams'.
 
The man chuckled, “Don't worry Amelia, I see it.” She brought her arm in and gave a tremendous hug while clutching her doll. This was probably the best moment of her little life, moving to a new city to start all over again was a gift from the heavens. But traveling on the brand new Titanica was the icing on the cake.
 
The two stood in huge line along with the other third class passengers to board the ship. But when they get on the ship they are no longer third class people- they are `steerage', a class that is only used to help keep the ship in balance when cutting through the waves.
 
On board the ship a man wearing a news paper boy's hat leaned far over the railing, “Dear lordie, how many people`re boardin' at this port?” he questioned with thick Irish accent.
 
The man to his right adjusted his beaten up old jacket and used his hand as visor to protect his eyes from the sunlight, “Don't know, and to think that we still have to go through two more ports. Crazy, eh Tommy?”
 
“Yeah.” He looked around behind him, “Hey Ben, where's Chaos?”
 
Ben thought for a bit, but then it hit him, “She said that she was going to sketch the ship,” he pointed to a bunch of boxes and a steam crate, “Down by the crane.”
 
Tommy pulled out a pocket watch, only to nearly have his eyes pop out, “But the ship leaves in ten minutes!”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
A pencil gently moved across a sheet of paper, darkening in some lines that had been drawn a while ago. It made the shape of the bow, but then made its way to the perfectly drawn funnels. The utensil lightly added the steam that came from the three out of the four funnels, but then it suddenly stopped and was put away in a messenger bag.
 
Chaos Cammerce closed the bag and buckled it up, “Finally finished that picture, I'll color it in on the way to Dublin.” She jumped down from a large crate and began walking casually towards the first class gangway. She didn't have a care in the world until a large booming sound shattered the air.
 
It was the whistle- the `you've got five minutes to get on the ship' whistle. Her soul drive seized up and she began sprinting towards the gangway, diving into the sea of on lookers who were waving the ship off. She pushed through them saying `sorry' and `excuse me' as she went. But suddenly she tripped and fell, fell right into a first class women. Both fell onto the ground and landed with a thud.
 
A man urgently pulled the first class women up, his brown eyes full of worry, “Oh sweat heart, are you alright?”
 
The women shot up and brushed off her dress, “Yes dear, just fine.” The man bent down, picked up her hat, and then handed it to her, shooting Chaos a dirty look during the process.
 
Chaos grabbed her head and looked up at the two, “Please forgive me miss, I didn't mean to-”
 
“Watch where you are going next time you bag of dirt,” the woman spat, her brown bangs falling in her dark eyes, “Just be content that we are in the South!”
 
The woman and man marched off to the gangway with their noses held high. Chaos grumbled and got up, taking her bag with her, “Of all the things that lady want to bring up…” she whispered. The Southern islands of Belfast and Dublin were considered `free' areas, or areas that gundams couldn't be suppressed. But in the Northern Islands of Queenstown and Druid it was legal and popular to own gundams as slaves or free labor.
 
But that started under a year ago because something happened, something that scared the Northern islands, but what? Chaos patted her bag, only to realize that something was missing, “My sketch book!” She frantically looked around, hyperventilating as she went.
 
“Excuse me miss,”
 
She swung around to see a rather dashing looking gundam holing out her book. His sky-blue armor shined like new in the sunlight, it looked much like Zero's armor but more elaborate. He presented her the pad, “This is what you were looking for right?”
 
She shakily nodded and accepted her lost item, she wanted to say `thanks' but she bailed out. He swung around, reveling that he was wearing a red cape with white star on it which meant that he was no other than the ship's guardian. He looked over his shoulder and nodded to her before disappearing into the crowd, leaving poor Chaos in awe.
 
“All ashore who's going ashore!” And officer called from the gangway.
 
“Crap!” Chaos ran to the gang way, just about the time they were going to pull it away. She ran up it and got inside the ship with seconds to spare, “Whew, that was bit too close.” -_-0
 
She made her way to the promenade deck and met up with Tommy and Ben, who were waving off to the crowd, “What took you so long?!” Tommy questioned, “We thought the ship was going to leave without you!”
 
“Yeah, you'd probably be the first and only guarantee group member to miss their ship!” Ben added.
 
Chaos shoved him and giggled, “Oh shut up Benjamin!” All three of them laughed, it was good having friends and it was a God send that they made the guarantee group together.
 
As they continued to kid around, the ship began to pull away from the dock and her whistle bellowed over the cheers of the crowd. Steam from the tug boats belched out of their tiny funnels as they struggled to move the Titanica out to sea. People on board waved and cheered `bon voyage' or `good-bye' to their loved ones until the docks were out of sight and roar of the crowd could no longer be heard.
 
Now they were on their way to Dublin, the final port for the Titanica's journey, forever.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Sorry if the ending sucked, I'm really tired and I have to go to swim practice in a little bit. ^^; About GunEagle Sayla, I really didn't think about adding him until, well, you mentioned him. I just really wanted to keep the character use to minimum because I'm already working with so many and I didn't want to hurt myself. Sorry. Please leave your reviews and I'll catch y'all later! :D
 
T, T, F, N, ta ta for now! ^_~