SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ Out to Sea ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

School really sucks… And so does swimming. -_-0 But hey, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! *everyone gives me a blank stare and a question mark pops up above their heads* What I'm trying to say is that I only have one more week of swimming so I can spend more time with my fics. -.-+
 
Shute: Hold on a sec, so how long have you been swimming? 9_9?
 
Me: Since August 25th. v_v
 
Shute: Geez, I guess sports are more commitment than marriage. -__-0
 
So yeah, I'll stop chatting and let you guys read.
 
DISCLAIMER: I own Chaos Cammerce, the Titanica, and all mentioned characters. Oh, and I kind of borrowed a line in here from the movie Titanic, that quote was from Molly Brown. I think y'all will know which one it is.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Memories of the Abyss
Chp.6: Out to Sea
 
Finally, some thing that the antsy guarantee group trio had been waiting for, the sight of the open sea. They rested their weight on the white railing at the stern of the ship, mentally waving good bye to their home land as it shrank off in the distance.
 
Tommy scratched his head and looked around a bit, “Hey, where are the other three?”
 
Ben gave him a funny look and frowned. “What `other three'?” he questioned.
 
“Oh, the other members of the guarantee group? They're probably down below deck, drinking their cares away.” Chaos rolled her eyes in a teasing sort of matter, “You know how John, Adam, and Harold waste their time.”
 
The three giggled for a little bit before becoming quiet again and a grim feeling suddenly over came Chaos. She was on the biggest ship in the world and making history, bound for a new and better life. If all of this wonderful, rather lucky, stuff is happening to her then why does she feel so bad? It was almost as if her `spidey senses' were going off as the Emerald Isles shrank into nothing but a speck on the horizon.
 
“Hey guys, what if something happens…” Her friends gave her a rather frightened look, since when has Chaos ever been that negative or grim?
 
“Why, what's wrong?” Tommy asked.
 
“I really don't know, but for some reason this voyage seems like it's going to be a disaster. It feels like it's going to be another Titanic tragedy.”
 
Ben gave her a light pat on the back, attempting to make her feel better. “Y're probably just nervous; I mean you're going to be dinning with first class passengers, which is no better than jumping into a snake pit if you ask me. Oh, and the rumors about the ship being cursed because of the Titanic's whistle being this ship's whistle doesn't help either.”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~
 
Captain MacKay crossed his arms behind his back as he surveyed the vast ocean ahead of him. He had been commandeering ships for nearly thirty years and never has he felt this proud. His officers stood by him obediently like dogs patiently awaiting their master's orders, their dark blue coats stiff and gold buttons and trimming gleamed in the sunlight that managed to seep into the bridge (the room where they steer the ship, just in case if you weren't ship savvy).
 
MacKay looked to his right and gave the officer a firm nod. “Full speed ahead first officer Daniels,” he calmly commanded before looking back to the sea, “It's time for this dove to spread her wings.”
 
The first officer gave a quick nod and walked over to one of the two bronze telegraphs and grabbed the handle. He looked over to the officer on the other side who had his hand on a telegraph as well.
 
“Ready Mr. Norris?” The first officer questioned.
 
“Ready!” The other officer replied and they suddenly simultaneously pushed the lever forward so that it made a ringing noise.
 
The message went all the way down into the bowls of the ship, down into the boiler and engine rooms. A heftier man, who was dressed just like a normal officer, hear a `ring' sound come from his telegraph. He looked to it and the pointer was on `FULL'.
 
He smiled a bit, turning to his men. “All ahead full!” he called out to them, making some of them run around to scramble to their stations.
 
The men in the boiler rooms began shoveling coal into the huge boilers as fast as they could, yelling and encouraging each other as they went. As the pressure from the steam built up the giant pistons began to pump faster and faster, the propellers rotated at an amazing rate, pushing the ship against the waves.
 
* ~ * ~ *
 
Chaos perked up a bit, “Hey guys, I think we're actually at full steam now.”
 
Ben swung around and looked to the funnels; they were belching out a dark exhaust which could only be truly visible when the engines were working at full capacity. “Yeah, I think so too!”
 
“Come on lads, let's go ride the bow!” Tommy suggested excitedly. The other two agreed and were just about to make a mad dash towards the front of the ship until a bugle was heard. It was time for dinner.
 
Tommy shrugged, “Why do they always make the dinner call sound like a damn cavalry charge?”
 
“Don't know, but we should probably get ready for dinner,” Chaos grumbled. The other two sighed and followed her in through the door and towards their suites; they all knew that they had one heck of a night ahead of them.
 
* ~ * ~ *
 
Tommy fiddled with his bow tie uncomfortably as he walked down the hallway with Chaos and Ben. “I can't believe that we have to eat with a bunch of people who don't know what the meaning of `work' is,” he grumbled.
 
Ben frowned, “I know, at least we can go to the third class party after dinner, right guys?”
 
“First class passengers can't be that bad guys, they're normal human beings like-” Chaos was nearly jumped by Tommy.
 
“What kind of delusional world have you been living in?!” he shrieked, “They're snobby, mean, and have to signs of a heart any where in their overly trimmed bodies!”
 
Ben patted Tommy's shoulder to calm him down. “What he's trying to say is that they won't be very kind to us. We're of the third class category and they'll pick that up right away, but I'm kind of worried about you. Rarely are gundams in first class so they are probably going to interrogate you to no end.”
 
Before Chaos could say something back the sound of joyful music filled her receptors and they all suddenly stopped, they were at the top of the grand stair case. They nervously looked around to comprehend all of the rich passengers around them. They were all wearing the most fashionable clothes; the men wore black tuxedo-like outfits that lacked bowties, and the women had their hair up in fancy buns and braids. Their dress elegantly trailed behind them, the sown on beads and beautiful jewelry glimmered in the dim light of the reception room.
 
Chaos looked at her own appearance, ashamed with what she was wearing. She had on a typical war officer's out fit; except the black jacket was made of gundanium and it had a menacing look to it. She wore an officer's hat that bared four stars and the Dark Axis emblem on it, she did not fit in with the other young ladies and it made her uncomfortable. Tommy wore something similar to the other men, but his out fit was brown, plaid, and he wore his paper-boy hat that was just a dark brown color. Ben was the only one of the group who managed to fit in with the other passengers. He wore what all the other men wore and his hair was shiny and slick. It was the outfit his father left for him before he did in a ship building accident nearly two years ago and it was the only thing Ben received from his father.
 
Chaos drew in a deep breath of air and then slowly let it out. The offered her arms to the other two and she looked into the room below. “Well gentlemen, are you ready?”
 
Tommy crossed his arm around one of hers. “I'm ready.”
 
“Aye, me too,” Ben sighed as he too took one of her arms.
 
Ben and Tommy slowly began escorting Chaos down the stairs as their hearts nearly burst out of their chests. The other passengers snapped their gazes towards the trio and immediately started up a new conversation with a new topic. Chaos nervously looked at their judgmental gazes, wishing that she could go blind for those twenty five seconds of despair, until she recognized some one familiar.
 
It took her a bit, but she finally realized that it was the ship's guardian, the one that had retrieved her sketch pad at the beginning of the voyage. He suddenly looked to her with his teal eyes, making Chaos look in the other direction to avoid an awkward moment. She wanted to know more about him but he was practically royalty on the ship and he probably wouldn't be interested in talking with her.
 
* ~ * ~ *
 
Whew, I finally got his posted. -_-0 Sorry if this one was put on the back shelf for a bit, I've been a very busy little elf for the past few days. So how was this chapter? Please leave a review with any ideas or comments that you may have. Thanks! :D
 
T, T, F, N, ta ta for now! ^_~