SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Abyss ❯ The Dress ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ello guys, just updated my fic… Like I should've done a week ago… -_-0 But at least I'm trying. Hey, I got all the soundtracks for `Pirates of the Caribbean' and I'm sooo happy. The song `One Day' from the third movie got me inspired once more to keep on going with this fic. I suggest you hear it and then you'll know what I mean. ^^
 
Zapper: So you let music inspire you for your fics? >:l
 
Grappler: Kinda stupid if you ask me… 7__7
 
Me: Fine, if you don't like it I can just kick you guys out in the snow!!! >:O
 
Grappler, Zapper: No!!!! 0_0
 
Yes, we finally got snow and I'm very happy because of it. So I'll stop talking and let you guys read this.
 
DISCLAIMER: I own all mentioned characters in this fic, *pointes to the S.D.G. cast* except for the guys that Bandai already own. So please don't sue me.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
Memories of the Abyss
Chp.8: The Dress
 
Chaos slept well that night, even though excitement was welling up in her body. She just wanted to sleep and wake up to a new day, hoping that she could put that horrid brush with another unknown gundam passenger to the side. Tommy and Ben questioned why she seemed jumpy when they entered their suite, but Chaos held it in. She told them that she simply nearly fell over the railing to spot some dolphins that were swimming by. She also said that she was saved by another gundam name Zephyr Widner and that he would also be escorting her to dinner the next night. She figured that she should tell them at least a little bit of truth about what happened, about the dashing guy that is. The last thing she wanted was for them to get upset about some pervious creepo running around the ship seeking out young woman.
 
The sun creeped into the large suite and illuminated the cherry wood walls, the gold engravings sparkling in the sunlight and the three friends began to rouse from their sleep. Tommy yawned and stretched out his arms, “That was fine nap. I haven't slept that well `n ages.”
 
Ben sat up, snapped and popped his neck, and then laid his head on the bed's headboard. “I'll second that notion!” They both laughed together happily as Chaos began to wake up on the bed next to theirs. She sat up, only to have pain seize her back.
 
She growled, agitated with the pain. “Ugh, this must've come from when that creep threw me into the wall…” she grumbled to her self.
 
“Did you say somthin' Chaos?” Tommy asked.
 
She waved her hands nervously in front of her and sweat dropped. “Oh, I was just saying how great it was that-that Harland and Wolff gave the guarantee group members such nice rooms.”
 
Ben smiled, “Yeah, it was very nice of them. I mean, they usually give the guarantee group third class tickets. But I guess that we did a better job than expected so we get to travel first class instead.” Ben got out of bed and headed straight for his closet, fishing through all of his cloths. “Well, I'm going to get some breakfast.”
 
“Wait, I comin' too!” Tommy excitedly shouted as he jumped out of bed. But as Ben pulled out another suit-like outfit, Tommy pulled out some kaki colored overalls, a ratty shirt, his good ol' brown jacket, and his plaid paper boy hat.
 
Tommy looked over to Ben's neatly folded up outfit. “Holy- where do those outfits keep comin' from Ben?”
 
“They belonged to my father, he was a `first classer' but he went bankrupt… When he lost everything he put a pistol up to his head.” Chaos and Tommy gave him a mortified look so Ben rubbed the back of his head nervously. “I didn't know him that well though, I was born after my mom divorced him. But yeah, the suits are the only things he left me in his will.”
 
“That's sad, but you two hurry up. I'm hungry and I don't want to wait for you guys forever!” Chaos spat as she brushed off her shiny, black armor.
 
Tommy frowned, “Well don't you have to do anything before you go out in public?”
 
Chaos crossed her arms and gave him a funny look, attempting to laugh. “Well I don't need to put cloths on do I…”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
The day had been a busy one, exploring a huge ship is very time consuming. The friends had walked around for what seemed like hours, doing everything that their ship had to offer. The problem wasn't the layout because they built her; they already knew where everything was. But it was figuring out what to do that was tough, `should we go ride the mechanical horse or go for a swim in the pool?' that is what most of their afternoon sounded like. But it was now once again dinner time and Chaos' first date. But before she could put on her usual war officer outfit, there was knock on the door.
 
Ben opened it and was stunned when an older female gundam came pacing through the door. Her armor was replaced with a gundamium gown that was red and black. She had on a very sparkly necklace and her helmet had dark red feathers on it. His eyes opened wide, “How many gundams are on this ship?”
 
She looked at him and poked his nose with her finger tip. “More than what you'd expect.” She looked to Chaos and put her hands on her hips, “Now I hear that you're going on your first dinner date?”
 
Chaos' eyes nearly bugged out of her head, “But- but, how did you know?!” Her question was answered when Tommy came walking triumphantly through the door.
 
“Now this young gentle man told me that this was your first date and that you didn't have a dress-” She suddenly ran out the door and ran back in with a suit case. “Let's change that.”
 
Ben scratched his head, “And you are?”
 
“I'm Cloretta Donnahue, my husband is Hugo Donnahue the founder and owner of the Imperial Line.”
 
Tommy was blown back by this. “You mean your husband owns the Imperial Line, why the heck are you goin' on a White Star Line ship and not one of your husband's ships?!”
 
“Why would I pass up the opportunity to travel on the biggest ship in the world? Besides, these ships are faster and Hugo wanted my in Neotopia for an emergency meeting.” She explained as she fished trough the case. “Ah ha, here we go!”
 
Chaos tried to peer over the older females shoulder, but immediately stopped once Cloretta swung around. The Dark Axian tired her best to get a look at the dress but she hid it behind her back. “Now I haven't worn this dress in a while, I've grown a bit since I last wore it. I'm hoping that it'll fit you.” She stated as she led Chaos into the bathroom.
 
Tommy and Ben shook their head and took the opportunity to get changed while the ladies were off in another room.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
Tommy and Ben tapped their feet impatiently as they waited for Chaos and Cloretta to step out of the bathroom. Their prayers were answered when the doorknob twisted and the door flung open, Cloretta stepped out first and Chaos followed. The men were amazed as Chaos stepped out into the light. The dress was made of gundamium and was a bluish-purplish color, it sparkled like glitter and the base of the long gown had dark purple rhinestones going around it. Around where her soul drive compartment should've been, a fake purple soul stone with elegant, Victorian leaves and vines circled around laid on her chest. The helmet was a Victorian style and matched the chest piece almost perfectly and in the middle of helmet was one dark purple rhinestone that sparkled like the ocean itself.
 
Cloretta wrapped her arm around Chaos and laughed. “Now that the hardest part is over let's go to dinner and see this thing in action.” She walked up to Tommy, “Now would you to be gentle men and escort a little lady to dinner?” Tommy giggled, and then led her out the door.
 
Ben offered his arm to Chaos and she took it. He smiled at her, and then followed the other two.
 
Within minutes they reached the grand staircase and it was buzzing with activity. Ben and Chaos stopped and told that they'd be down in a few minutes and that they should meet them at the dinner table. Tommy and Cloretta agreed, and then walked down the stairs. Chaos let go of Ben and then peered over the wooden railing.
 
She gasped and shot back, “He's down there, what do I do now?!”
 
Ben grabbed her shoulders, “You calmly walk down there, offer your hand, and then let him escort you to the table. I'll go down ahead of you, just follow me.” He let go of her and began to descend down the stairs.
 
Chaos followed his lead and did the same, watching Zephyr come closer, and closer to the base of the stairs. When she got to the base she offered her hand and he gingerly took, bent over a bit, and then gently kissed it. She was shocked; she had never had that happen before.
 
As he straightened himself out he could see the `oh my god' look in her face. “What, has no one ever done that to you before?” When she slowly shook her head, he wrapped his arm around hers and led her to the dinner table, “It's used to show respect, almost like royalty.”
 
“Oh, don't worry about it. It's just that no one has ever done that to me before so… Yeah, did you find that guy yet?”
 
“Not really, but I have a hunch as to who it is.” He quietly explained.
 
Chaos didn't know if she should be excited or worried, “Who?”
 
“I won't tell you yet,” he whispered as they approached the table, “But I think he sits at this table…”
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
I know, I know, I set up another cliff hanger. *puts on hockey helmet* You may throw what ever you want at me! *some body throws a brick at me* Ouch! >_O
Okay, maybe not anything. But yeah, my brain is running dry right now and I'm sick so I can't concentrate. Sorry. And I'm trying to get this new chapter of `SHOCK!' up so I need to get cracking on that. I think I just need a break from this serious stuff for a bit. So how was this? Good, bad? If you have any suggestions you can leave it in your review or you can even e-mail me. But please, let's not be too mean to me, I break easily.
 
T, T, F, N, ta ta for now! ^_~