SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ PYP ❯ Chapter 9: Profound ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pick Your Pairing
By: May-VeggieGirl1
 
REMEMBER: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR REVIEWS HERE!
LEAVE THEM HERE: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45387598/
 
The gist is: YOU all tell me what you want me to write. ^_^ Pairings, pretty much pairings, but I will do introspective views of characters and friendships. It'll be short and sweet, staying in character as much as I can. So, I don't have anything else to say, get going with the requests!

Idea Contrived/
Requested by: Kai because I bugged her into requesting something. xB Um, maybe I'll upload the Tallgeese/Mercurious/Vayeate one… someday. ^^; WOW this is long. O.o;

Chapter 9: Profound



Although it could never be proven by onlookers, although it could hardly be pinpointed from his friends, Captain always silently worried and stressed over the safety of Neotopia.
 
It was to be expected of him after all. He was Captain, the captain, and it was his duties. More than for just the sake of the job, or even the honor and pride with it, but the ability to sleep at night knowing that the hundreds to thousands of people under his protection are safe, also sleeping in their beds but at peace from evil. To be brief, he worried simply so they didn't have to worry.
But with the worry came the paranoia. If he stopped worrying for a moment, if he relaxed with Shute too long, would his guard be down? If the status quo were not maintained vigilantly, Captain wondered, would it crumble from the slightest shift? The peace came, and went, and came thrice around and all the while he laid there at night, breath tight in his chest, waiting for another round.
 
When will the Dark Axis come? Where? Will I be strong enough?
 
The thoughts, as the stars, plagued him as he stared up at the constellations under the Neotopian sky. He didn't see the flicker of red and blue approach until it was too late and he tensed rigid with alarm as teal eyes floated maybe a foot away from his face, concerned.
 
“Captain,” Zero's voice was soft but his expression was hard, no doubt from the things he had endured in Lacroa. His situation was just what Captain worried about the most: helplessness against the Dark Axis, a complete takeover.
 
“What can I do,” Captain asked watching Zero float up a little, his armor seemingly blending with the sky. His deeper blue eyes concentrated on his companion, waiting for profound and wise words to hit him.
 
“Just don't worry about it.” He stared at the knight, taking in the casual statement in a thoughtful sense but feeling dissatisfied with it. But before he could move to address how wrong it felt, Zero turned his back to him and began to fly away.
Whether it was meant to be philosophical or not, Captain was still only the captain and Zero was still the only experienced one of them in the matters of failure. He knew what Captain didn't and that was all that mattered in the end, his trust would fix the rest.
 
Reluctantly, Captain let out the breath he had been clinging desperately to keep inside. The simple answers always were the ones that hassled him the most.
 
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45387598/