SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Taishi's Betrayal ❯ Checkmate ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Taishi's Betrayal
By: May-VeggieGirl1

Hola! ^-^ I updated my site! (I almost do that everyday, when I can get on...6_6) Also, thanx 4 the reviews! It will be Baku POV, and I'm too lazy to put up what happened in Baku's room. Sorry! ^-^;; But now I have my heart set on the ending!! Screeeee! Updated site again, and thanx for the reviews!
Sry, another LP song. I was listening to the song while writing the chapter, so yeah. It's Papercut.

~*~*~*~*~*
Kao Lyn jumped all around the table. His jumping made Zero nervous.
"WooHoo! I have to operate on your leg now!"
"Is this going to happen anytime soon?"
"Don't worry!" Kao Lyn placed an anesthetic mask on Zero. "I'm doing it now!"
"What?! Hey, I don't...think..." Zero drifted off into a state of unconsciousness...

"Hm...?" Zero found himself in his room with the other Zero. "This again?" He left the other him and into the hallway. Shute and Captain were in the middle of a conversation while walking down the hall. He floated outside to find Ybaso mediating on the roof. Everything seemed normal, but he could find Baku and his mini. Zero went back inside and into Baku's room. He found Baku, lying in bed lazily yet still no sign of the mini. He seemed down in the dumps about something. "Something bugging you-oh wait, you can't hear me, can ya'?" Shute came in and Baku sat up happily. "You sure changed your tone fast; I bet your lonely in here."
"Give up while your ahead." The mini poked his head out from under the bed.
"So that's where you were!"
"Why are you so persistent?!" The mini snarled.
"I'd like to know you better."
"You know too much already." The mini crawled back under the bed as Shute began to leave the room.
"Will you stop hiding? I know your...under there?" Zero looked under the bed to find that mini Baku had disappeared. "...Where'd he go?" Baku laid down in bed, shot a glance in Zero's direction and curled up in his blanket. "...Did he see me?" Zero waved his hand in Baku's face. "Guess not." Baku huffed and rolled out of bed to stare at his mirror. He tensed up then punched it. "Hey...what's eating you?"
"Go away." Zero stood there, stunned that Baku could talk to him. But...something wasn't right.
"You can see me!"
"That doesn't matter! Just get lost!" He sneered at Zero. An idea came to Zero.
"Wait a minute...are you the mini?!" Baku's face turned red.
"SHUT UP!" Baku threw a punch at Zero but he passed through Baku. Baku turned around and glared at Zero.
"Your angry because I know this? So what? Then where's the real Bakunetsumaru?" Baku quivered in anger and rushed out the door. "Wait!" Zero followed in pursuit. Baku ran into Guneagle. All the fear and anger drained from Baku's eyes and he began to talk to Guneagle. "Hey, don't ignore me!" Zero noticed that he couldn't hear their conversation. "...Huh?" He caught something red in the corner of his eye. The mini was storming off. "You!"
"Leave me alone!" He punched Zero.
"Wait a minute...you hit me?" Guneagle walked away. Zero grabbed onto the smaller Gundam's foot. He kicked Zero off and dived into his counterpart. Zero went to grab him again but only passed threw Baku. "What the heck...?"
"Are you really that dense?" He looked up to Baku. "Your a spirit. And so am I."

Kao Lyn bounded out of the room. Captain and Shute came up to him.
"How's Zero doing, Kao Lyn?"
"He'll be a-okay! He just needs to recover from the anesthetic!" Captain nodded.
"Thank you doctor."
"That's great news! Hey, maybe you could even look at Bakunetsumaru!" He did a cart wheel.
"If you want to Shute!"
"I'll get him then!" Shute ran up to Baku's door and knocked on it.
"Come in." He came in.
"Hey, Bakunetsumaru! Kao Lyn just fixed Zero's leg! We were thinking you could get a check-up too!"
"Uh, that's great news, but I don't really-"
"Great, I'll tell him!" Shute ran out of his room.
"...want a check-up..." Baku groaned and buried his head in his pillow. I'm in no mood for this...I still have to think of why all these strange things are happening...

Why does it feel like night today?
Something in here's not right today
Why am I so uptight today?
Paranoia's all I got left
I don't know what stressed me first
Or how the pressure was fed
But I know just what it feels like
To have a voice in the back of my head

Kao Lyn spun around the table Baku was sitting on. "Do I have to go threw this?"
"Oh come on, Bakunetsumaru! He might help make your concussion heal faster!"
"It's doing fine, really..."
"Kao Lyn looked at me just the other day." Captain pointed out then turned to Shute. "We shouldn't stay around."
"Alright then...See you in a bit!" Shute and Captain leave.
"Let's start by taking off your helmet!" He disdainfully did so and handed it to Kao Lyn. He inspected the helmet, then looked at his head. Kao Lyn put little wires with suction cups attached to them on him. Baku sweat dropped.
"Is that necessary?"
"Yep yep, it's to record some information. Now I need to look at some things then we can test!" Kao Lyn began to play with Baku's head: turning it this way and that. When he came close to Baku's scar, Baku tightened and forced his eyes shut. "Could you please move your head?"
"No."
"Uh...no?" Baku shook his head. "How come?"
"I have my reasons..." Baku looked at the ground.
"Which are?" Baku sat quietly. "Could I please just look at it?" After a lot of thought, Baku let him look at it.
"Is that-"
"It's a scar. It won't heal because the Nano skin around it was destroyed." Kao Lyn was about to touch it but Baku swatted his hand away. "No, don't touch it!!"
"You need to get that fixed or covered. Even at that angle, foreign material can get in there and attempt to over-write your system**!" Baku began to feel patience and confidence crumble away, leaving something raw and fretful.

It's like a face that I hold inside
A face that awakes when I close my eyes
A face watches every time I lie
A face that laughs every time I fall
[And watches everything]
So I know that when it's time to sink or swim
That the face inside is hearing me
Right beneath my skin

"Back off!" Baku jumped off the table.
"I'm a doctor, I know these things. You need to-"
"Shut up!" He ripped of the wires and ran down the hallway and into his room. Kao Lyn sighed and turned back to the computer.
"Hm? What's this...?"

Baku locked the door then slid down and sat in front of it.
"What is going on..." He pulled up his knees and buried his head in his arms. What is wrong with me...?

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin



Zero groggily opened his eyes and sat up.
"Uh...wha...?" Kao Lyn looked up from his keyboard.
"Ah, your awake."
"I feel numb..." He swayed a bit, balance not working yet.
"Of course." He continued typing.
"Can I stand?"
"Just don't put a lot of pressure on that leg for a while." Zero carefully stood then walked over to Kao Lyn.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm doing research on the little information I gather on Bakunetsumaru."
"...Eh? What information?"
"While you were out cold, I tried to do a prognostic on Bakunetsumaru. Before I got very far, he panicked over a cut on his neck and ran away." Zero looked down.
"He's very touchy about that. He'll cooperate, but just leave the cut alone-"
"That's the thing. I can't as a doctor! He needs to cover that or something could get in there and cause all sorts of trouble!"
"Well, if you asked him, maybe-"
"I tried, but I don't think he was listening to me."
"...Anyway, what kind of information could you have gathered?" Kao Lyn brought up a picture of a line going up and down on the monitor.
"This is his brain waves. Everything that can think for itself has one."
"Why is it so intriguing then?"
"His brain waves are abnormally slow at first, but then it more than triples when I tried to look at his neck." Zero stares at the module. "Then when he officially panicked, it went skyrocketing."
"What exactly does it mean though?"
"Not sure yet." Zero falls over.
"Oh yeah, that's great..." He coaxed in sarcasm. "I think I should check on him." He left and went up to Baku's room then knocked on the door.
"Hey, Bakunetsumaru?" No response. "You in there?"
"...Yeah."
"Would you like to talk about it?"
"...no."
"Oh, come on, don't be like that. I know what happened, it's alright." He turned the doorknob but it was locked. "Could I come in?" He didn't answer. "Baku?"
"What?"
"Please?"
"No."
"Do you want everyone in the base to hear our conversation about you know what?"
"...There is no conversation."
"Is something wrong?" Baku stared at the dust on the floor. "...I'll take that as a yes."
"There's nothing wrong, just leave me alone." He stood up and began to walk away from the door.
"If there was nothing wrong, why would you lock your door?"
"Will you just shove off?!" He looked up at the mirror, and saw Taishi. ...I know your out there... He became frustrated and punched the glass. Zero heard the glass breaking and busted down the door.
"Baku?!"

I know I've got a face in me
Points out all the mistakes to me
You've got a face on the inside too and
Your paranoia's probably worse
I don't know what set me off first but I know what I can't stand
Everybody acts like the fact of the matter is
I can't add up to what you can

Baku hung his head to the ground and watched the glass pieces gleam. Zero stood there, the little wheel in his head turning, connecting dream and reality. (Took him long enough...6_6) "...I get it now. And I'm not amused." Zero shook his head. "I can't believe you tricked us like that. I think you even fooled Ybasomaru..." Baku looked up at Zero, with tears in his eyes.
"What do you mean?"

But everybody has a face that they hold inside
A face that awakes when they close their eyes
A face watches every time they lie
A face that laughs every time they fall
[And watches everything]
So you know that when it's time to sink or swim
That the face inside is watching you too
Right inside your skin

"Don't play stupid! I know now, so stop trying to hide it..."
"I really don't understand..."
"I thought you were acting weird lately with the freak attacks..." He turned his back to leave.
"Wait!...you know what's causing them?"
"Stop it."
"Really...I don't know what's wrong with me..." Zero looked over his shoulder at Baku's eyes. "Please...if I know, maybe it'll go away..."
"...It was never gone in the first place, Bakunetsumaru."

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

"What was never gone, Zero?" Zero faced Baku again.
"You never got over Taishi. You made us think that it was a thing of the past...but your still mourning."
"How did I do that?"
"By being confident and happy. We all thought you were okay after your concussion, but you wept behind our backs..." Baku bent down and picked up a glass fragment.
"I...guess your right. I didn't even know that I put on a different face around you guys, but now that you mention it..."

The face inside is right beneath my skin
The face inside is right beneath my skin
The face inside is right beneath my skin

The sun goes down
I feel the light betray me

The sun goes down
I feel the light betray me

"I'm sorry, Zero..." Zero kneeled down in front of Baku.
"It's alright., I guess. Everyone does heal at their own rate." Baku looked up at Zero then hugged him.

The sun
[It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like the face inside is right beneath my skin]
I feel the light betray me
The sun
[It's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
It's like a whirlwind inside of my head
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within]
I feel the light betray me

The sun
[It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within]
I t's like the face is trapped beneath my skin.


"Is there a reason why Taishi still plagues your mind, Bakunetsumaru? " Baku pulled out of the hug and rearranged the pieces until he had the mirror again.
"Because he's still there."
"...He'll always be in your heart, Bakunetsumaru."
"That's not what I mean. I think he's still here. I think he's alive out there..."
"Out for revenge?"
"No...I'm not sure if he's evil or good...but I'm fairly sure-no...he is alive..."

~*~*~*~*~*
YES!! That took a long time to finish...-.- Hehe! Taishi's ALIVE!! We're coming close to the end!! There are only two people that die in this fic, and they're the same person...Of course it doesn't make sense yet, why would I tell you something that made sense!?! ^_^ i have a thing for song fics...e_e Anyways, please review!! I might have YET ANOTHER LP song in one of the future chapters. Holy Shi-nizzle! 6 pages! That's the most I've evah typed in one night! Maybe it's because of the full moon outside...
15 th chapter is going to be soooo kawaiii and suspenseful and cruel!!!

You haven't even begun to see the full wrath of Kibaomaru!!

**- will b important in future chapters