Slayers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Lunar ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Lunar
By Sakura
Part 6: Here comes Firia
 
        The fishing village of Lann was a sleepy little place where most folks never even heard of Vane. Their main concern was catching enough fish to sell and for them to eat. However, the group was able to learn that ever since the new dragonmaster showed up, the villagers weren’t able to sell a single fish. Instead, they were forced to hand over all of their catches to him in exchange for his ‘protection’. In short the villagers of Lann were in the middle of your typical protection scam.
        Lina had heard enough after listening to the villagers talk about the so-called dragonmaster and dragged Xellos and Zelgadis to the chief’s house. Standing on the center table was a girl dressed in white cleric robes. A gold-scaled tail with a pink bow at the end was sticking out from under her skirt. In one hand was a huge iron mace.
        "You’ve got to listen to me!" she said, "You’ve got to stand up to this bully! You can’t just let him push you around!"
        "It’s not that we don’t like living like this, missy," the chief said, silently wishing she’d just leave and stop making waves. "He’s got that dragon with him and none of us can beat that thing."
        The girl was about to say more, but the arrival of Xellos-tachi caught her attention. "Oh hello. I didn’t see you in here before. Are you here because of the trouble? I know for a fact that this dragonmaster’s lying through his teeth. In fact, he’s probably even more of a liar than my ex-boyfriend. That namagomi!" She then swung her mace, making everyone near duck for cover. The weapon flew from her hand and came to rest at Xellos’ feet. The purple haired boy gulped.
        "Oops, sorry about that. Anyway, I really need to blow off some steam and this yakuza’s just the thing. What do you say we go kick some butt?"
        The group of travelers looked at the girl, sweatdropping. "Um, I hate to sound rude here, but who the heck are you?" Lina asked.
        "Oh silly me! Where are my manners? I’m Firia Ul Copt, daughter of Garv of Meribia."
        "You’re Garv’s daughter?! That explains a lot," Nall said from his perch on Xellos’ shoulder.
        "What’s that supposed to mean, cat!!!" Firia said menacingly.
        The little white dragon hid behind his purple haired friend. "He didn’t mean anything, Ms. Firia. We.. ah… met your father," Xellos explained.
        "Oh how is dad?"
        "He’s… uh… really something else," Lina replied.
        "Isn’t he?" Firia said proudly. The blond girl stared at the redhead, not sure where she’d seen her before.
        "What? Do I have something on my face?"
        "Have we met?" Firia asked, "You look familiar."
        "This is my first time out of Burg, I definitely don’t remember seeing you there," Lina replied, feeling uneasy at the girl’s scrutiny.
        "Oh I thought for sure I’ve seen you somewhere before. Anyway, it’s nice to meet you, Ms. Lina."
        "I’m Xellos and this is Zelgadis from Vane," Xellos said introducing himself and the other member of their little group.
        "You’re a priestess of L-sama aren’t you?" the lavender haired boy asked noticing her robes.
        "I’m just a student really," she replied, "I’m supposed to be studying at the shrine near Vane, but it got so boring that I couldn’t stay put so I decided to play some hooky for a while."
        "Someone’s been reading too much Ferris Bueller lately," Nall quipped.
        "Hmph. Anyway, are we going or what?" the priestess asked, ignoring the dragon’s comment.
        "We?" the group echoed.
        "Yeah, are we going to teach that dragonmaster a lesson or not?" Firia anxiously stroked her beloved mace.
        "Do you think we should go with her?" Lina asked, eyeing the girl’s weapon warily.
        "I see no reason why not," Zelgadis replied, "A priestess could come in handy. None of us is really trained in healing."
        "It’s settled then," the blond priestess said, "Let’s get that namagomi!" Firia then dashed out of the chief’s hut before any of them could discuss things further.
        "Oh crap," the old man muttered, "We’re in for it now."
 
 
        Outside, the priestess was harassing a poor fisherman. "Come on, I need the boat to go to the island. I’m gonna talk some sense into that dragonmaster of yours."
        "No way, kid! I’m not going to be dragon food ‘cause some brat wants to get herself killed."
        "Listen you, I’m a priestess of L-sama. Now tell me who do you think is worse, an angry dragonmaster or an angry goddess?"
        "Well since you put it that way, the boat’s yours," the man said backing down. No one dared to go against L-sama’s clerics. Their power was almost as frightening as the goddess herself.
        "Arigatou!" Firia squealed happily.
        "For a priestess, she sure doesn’t act like one," Nall said grinning.
        "I guess we’d better go before she leaves without us," Xellos said boarding the boat.
"We haven’t got all day you guys," the genki priestess said impatiently. Sighing, the rest of the group got on the boat and set sail for the dragonmaster’s hideout on a nearby island.
 
 
        After landing on the island, Firia and Zelgadis stood glaring at each other. The two had a slight difference when it came to proceeding.
        "I tell you we don’t need to find anything out! We know no real dragonmaster would bully people into giving him all their food," the blond yelled.
        "We don’t even know if he really has a dragon," Zelgadis interceded, "We need to look around and see what’s going on around here. He could have set up traps."
        "Hmph! I say you’re just a coward! We go kick his butt!"
        "Go ahead and get yourself killed, I’m not going to rush head in here!"
        "That’s enough you two!" Lina shouted, putting herself between the two before they started dealing out blows. "Listen, Firia, Zel’s right. I know you wanna kick this guy’s butt, so do I. But we’ve gotta be careful. What if he’s the real thing?"
        "But…" the priestess began.
        "Told you so," Zelgadis said, feeling rather proud and smug at the moment.
        "Shut up Zel!" Lina said, having enough of the mage’s attitude problem. "’k, let’s see what we can find. And for L-sama’s sake, try to not to be too noisy."
        With that, they headed further into the island.
 
 
        After having to rest from constant battles with the local monsters, accidental poisoning – Zelgadis had stupidly drunk from the one of the islands many lakes and ponds only to find that the water had been poisoned due to the presence of monsters – and booby trapped chests, they had finally come to a lopsided tent. Checking the surrounding camp area, they found evidence of half eaten fish and several treasures.
        Once ‘liberating’ the treasures and Nall helping himself to some the leftovers, Firia decided to challenge the dragonmaster. "Oi namagomi! Show yourself! You’ve got some nerve calling yourself a dragonmaster and bullying innocent people!"
        A large lizard man with one eye, rushed out of the bushes. "Heh! You think you can beat Dragonmaster Gravos? Well get ready to die kiddies, ‘cause playtime’s over!" The dragonmaster then whistled and a huge toad leapt from its hiding place. "All right it’s about time to feed my dragon!" With that he laughed and ran into the tent, not wanting to be accidentally eaten by the ‘dragon.’
        "There’s no way that thing’s a dragon," Nall said, insulted.
        "Just shut up and help fight, Nall!" Xellos said getting ready to fight for his life.
        "I knew I shouldn’t have left Burg," Lina muttered.
        "Oh boy," Zelgadis whispered, never having been in battle against such a huge monster before.
        "This should be fun," Firia said pulling out her mace once more.
 
 
        Once the ‘dragon’ had been dealt with, Lina pulled back the flap to the tent. "Oh Dragonmaster," she called sweetly, "Better take a look at your dragon."
        Gravos peeked out of the tent and almost had an accident in his pants. "Great L-sama!" he cried. "I-I’m really sorry about that whole feeding thing! I-I’ll leave the villagers alone, I promise! J-just don’t hurt me!"
        "Why shouldn’t we?" Firia asked stroking her mace.
        "Mommy!" Gravos ran from the camp with his tail literally between his legs.
        "Well that’s that," the priestess said, dusting her hands, satisfied. "Let’s get back to Lann and give them the good news.
        "I agree. I need a bath anyway," Lina said, wrinkling her nose.
 
 
        Back at the village, Firia shook Xellos’ hand. "Thanks a lot Xellos-kun, I don’t think I’d been able to beat that toad monster without you."
        "I-It was nothing, Firia-san," the purple haired boy said, blushing.
        "Oh come on, Xel! You kicked major toad hinie!" Nall said.
        "And stop making ga-ga eyes at her Xel! It's embarrassing!" the petite redhead said, making Xellos and Firia blush.
        "Well hello, children," said a purple haired woman coming up to them.
        "Ms. Sylphiel!" Lina said, recognizing the head priestess of Firia’s shrine, "What are you doing here?"
        "I heard that a new dragonmaster had been seen in this area and I came to ask for his help. It has been so long since Dynast disappeared and we need the protection of a dragonmaster," she explained.
        "I’m sorry to disappoint you, Ms. Sylphiel," Xellos said, "It turned out that the dragonmaster was a fake."
        "Oh what a shame, I was hoping he’d be glad to help protect L-sama with the rest of us. I guess I’ll go back to the shrine now," Sylphiel said turning to leave, "Oh yes, why don’t you stop by the shrine and rest, you poor dears look tired."
        "Thanks maybe we will," Lina called back.
        "Just who was that?" Firia asked.
        "Huh?!" Nall said, shocked. "That was Sylphiel the head priestess of the shrine near Vane. I thought you said you were a student there."
        "I am and I certainly don’t ever remember seeing her there," the priestess said.
        "Well maybe she got transferred there while you were playing hooky," Zelgadis suggested.
        "I guess so, well I’m off to the shrine. Maybe we’ll see each other again some time," Firia said before leaving Lann.
        "Good riddance," Zelgadis said, glad to see the priestess leave, "We should be heading back to Vane as well."
        "Zel, you really should be saying anything bad about her like that," Lina said, defending Firia, "She did help in that fight you know."
        "Hmph! So maybe she was helpful, but she still should have listened to me in the first place."
        "Jerk," the redhead muttered under her breath.
 
 
Whew! Just about made it this time minna. Life’s been throwing a lot of obstacles at me lately so this one almost didn’t get finished in time.
 
Xel: By obstacles you mean Dark Cloud, Suikoden 2, and Valkyrie Profile right?
 
Sakura: Xel darling, I think I hear L-sama calling you.
 
Xel: Really?
 
Sakura: Better go see what she wants before she gets angry.
 
Xel: ‘K. Jya ne Sakura-chan! I’ll see you later. ^_-
 
Sakura: Hentai. ^_^
 
Zel: You do know Ferris Bueller is a movie and not a book right?
 
Sakura: Of course I know Zel-chan! You’re forgetting this is a world with no TV or movies. I had to turn it into a book or a play kinda thing.
 
Firia: I refuse to continue being in this story if you keep insisting on the namagomi Garv being my father!
 
Sakura: Oh really Firia? Well I guess I'll have to tell Milgazia you were spying on him while he was in the bath. (VEG)
 
Firia: Y-you w-wouldn't!!
 
Lina: Believe me, she would.
 
Firia: Um... nevermind.
 
Sakura: I knew you'd see it my way. Anyway sorry this one’s so short minna, but like I said I’ve been busy. Until next time, kiddies!! ^_^