Slayers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Lunar ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Lunar
By Sakura
Part 7: Rezo Comes Out
 
        Back at the Spring of Transmission, Zelgadis broke from the group. "I have to go report to Rezo-sensei so you can go do anything you like." With that, the lavender haired boy stepped into the center of the pentagram and vanished. Since they had nothing better to do, Xellos, Lina and Nall followed the apprentice mage.
        After a short bath and rather large meal, at Lina's insistence, the group decided to visit Zelgadis at the Guild Hall. When they entered, the boy was waiting for them at the main hallway. "Perfect timing! I was about to go look for you. Prince Phil wants to see you in the great hall," he said, relieved that he didn't have to go searching for them.
        "Hey! That's great!" Nall chirped. "You get to meet another one of Dynast's friends!"
        "I know." Xellos was excited too, but also nervous. Dynast and his three friends, Garv, Rezo, and Phil had been his heroes as long as he could remember. Never did he ever imagine that he'd actually meet them, let alone one.
        "Do I look all right?" Lina asked, frantically looking over her clothes. "My hair isn't a mess is it?"
        Xellos placed a reassuring hand on the girl's shoulder. "Lina you look fine. Besides I'm the one who should be nervous here." 
        She let out a soft giggle. "Yeah I guess you're right, Xel. But still, it's not everyday we go meet a prince."
        "Oh like he'd actually go for a tomboy like you!" Nall jibed. The little white dragon soon regretted his remark for Lina shoved her scarf into his mouth.
        

 
        "The suspense's killing me," Nall whined as Xellos-tachi mingled with the people assembled in the great hall. 
       "Quiet Nall, I'm sure the prince must be busy," Lina said trying not to fidget too much. "Hey there's that girl we met. Oi Amelia!"
        The black haired girl looked up at the sound of her voice being called. Catching sight of the purple haired boy and the redhead, she made her way over to them. "Oh hello again! Are you the reason why Daddy called an assembly?" she asked.
        "Yeah I guess he heard how a great job Xel did getting rid of the fake dragonmaster," Lina said proudly, making her adopted brother blush.
        "You, Zelgadis, and that girl Firia helped too," Xellos replied, not being one to take all the credit.
        "I'm really worried about Daddy though," Amelia said sadly.
        "Why is that, princess?" the purple haired boy asked.
        "Well he's been acting really strange lately," she explained, "He's been completely ignoring me and now some of the servants have disappeared and there are these rumors going around." The poor girl was on the verge of tears.
        "He's just probably got a lot on his mind," Lina said, trying to reassure her. "I'm sure being a prince of a magic city isn't easy."
        "Do you think so Ms. Lina? Maybe you're right. Daddy has always been pretty busy." 
        Just then, the doors at the back of the raised dais opened and a burly man dressed in white entered the hall. His hair was shaggy and black and a huge and equally shaggy moustache covered almost the entire lower part of his face. He surveyed the people then stood before Xellos and Lina.
        "I'm Prince Phillionel Seiryuun, headmaster of the Magic Guild and Champion of Justice. I've been told you want to be a dragonmaster," he said sternly. Nall cowered on Xellos' shoulder. Lina bit her lip trying not to laugh; Amelia looked nothing like him. "You must be a strong fellow to have made it so far," the prince continued, "I can see it on you face, but I can also see..."
        The prince's gaze grew even more serious as he studied the boy before him. "Evil. You seek the dragons to destroy us and L-sama! I will not allow criminals like you to go free. You shall feel the wrath of the Hammer of Justice!" He then struck a triumphant pose and laughed maniacally. "Guards seize the boy and throw him in the dungeon until I can arrange a trial for him."
        Everything was happening so fast that Lina didn't know was going on until she felt a pair of rough arms grab her from behind. "What's going on?!" she yelled. "Your highness! Xel isn't evil! There's got to be a mistake! Xel!"
        Lina watched helplessly as the purple haired boy and dragon were dragged off toward the dungeon. Xellos valiantly struggled against the guards not wanting to leave the girl alone, but soon had the wind knocked out of him.
        "As for the girl, take her to Rezo he'll know what to do with her."
        The guard holding Lina, nodded at the prince then dragged her kicking and screaming from the great hall.


        When he came to, Xellos was in a dirty, stinky cell in the dungeon of the Guild Hall. The smell almost made him want to puke. The door opened and he could just make out the guards arguing with someone. Eventually whoever it was, was let through the dungeon inner door. 
        "I'm so sorry about my father," Amelia said coming up to the purple haired boy's cell. "I don't know what's going on, but I can tell you're not an enemy of justice." She then produced a key from her dress pocket. She blushed sheepishly when he looked at her quizzically. "I sort of swiped it from Daddy's office," she explained.
        "Arigatou, Amelia-san," Xellos said, glad to be out of the cell.
        "You're welcome." Amelia then bent down and picked up an ornate hand mirror. "I want to ask you a favor, Xellos-san."
        "What is it?"
        "I want you to come with me to confront my father. I suspect that he may be possessed and this mirror reflects a person's true self." A tear fell from her eye.
        "I'd be glad to help," he said also wanting to get to the bottom of things and to find Lina. Amelia then smiled, relieved someone was willing to help let alone believe her.
        As they headed toward the doors, the various prisoners yelled and shouted to be released as well. However, one made them pause, mid-step. "The Vile Tribe.... the Star Chamber... what is the Magic Emperor planning?" Inside the cell was a man in once white clothing and a iron mask was covering his face, muffling his voice.
        "The Vile Tribe?" Amelia asked, curious. "What about the Vile Tribe and the Star Chamber?" she asked the prisoner.
        "The Star Chamber... have to stop them...." the man mumbled.
        Amelia then recognized the kind of mask on his face. "Great Goddess! That's a memory mask!"
        "Memory mask?" Xellos asked puzzled.
        "It's used to wipe someone's memory, but my father outlawed them long ago." Amelia looked at the man piteously. "That settles it! That person can't be my father! Let's go Xellos-san!" Before he could say anything, the black haired princess took out the master jail key and freed the man who was more than happy to be released.
        "Wait a minute Amelia-san! Are you sure you should be doing this? I mean he was in there for a reason right?" Xellos asked, not wanting to cause anymore trouble.
        "He might have found out something my 'father' didn't want found out. It's only just that we set him free." The princess then began walking the rest of the way out of the dungeon.
        "Wait up, princess!" Xellos called, the masked man following them.
        Dodging guards and other members of the Magic Guild, Amelia, Xellos and the mysterious prisoner made their way to the back hallway leading to the Crystal Tower behind the Guild Hall.
        "Xel! There you are!" Nall said flying up to the purple haired boy and landing on his shoulder.
        "Nall! Where have you been? Where's Lina?" he asked the little dragon.
        "I don't know. I haven't found her and that Rezo's guy missing too."
        "I think I know where they are," Amelia said approaching a set of large blue doors."
        "Amelia-sama wait!" Zelgadis came up to the motley group.
        "Zel-san! I can explain," she began, hoping that Rezo's apprentice wouldn't make a big fuss and bring the guards on them.
        "No need to," the lavender haired boy said, "I know something's up and I want to find out as well."
        Nall let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness."
        "Thank you Zel-san," Amelia said, greatly relieved and making the apprentice mage blush. The black haired princess then took a deep breath and faced the blue doors. "In the name of L-sama, I Amelia Wil Tesla Seiryuun command you to break the seal and open!"
        The doors began to glow a blinding blue and there was a loud popping sound as the magical seal on the doors broke and the doors swung open.
        "Wow that was so cool!" Nall said amazed at Amelia's skill.
        "I have to warn you, there are a lot of monsters guarding the tower and there's a magical barrier on the first floor."
        "What kind of barrier?" Nall asked, not liking where she was heading.
        "It won't let you pass if you try to enter carrying any weapons with you," she replied.
        "Oh that's just great!" said the little white dragon.
        "So how do we deal with the monsters inside? Magic?" Xellos asked.
        "If you use a dragonfly wing, you can teleport beyond the barrier and still keep your weapons. At least that's what I heard."
        "A dragonfly wing huh?" Zelgadis said. "It's worth a try." He then rummaged through his pouches and pulled out the item in question. 
        After speaking a few words of magic, the dragonfly wing glowed and before they knew it, Xellos-tachi were transported into the center of a large room.
        "It worked!" Amelia squealed happily. "All right! Let's get going minna!" The excited princess grabbed onto Xellos' arm and pulled him up a staircase at the rear.
        "Wait for us Amelia-sama!" Zelgadis called, not particularly liking whose arm she latched on to. Nall rapidly flew after the jealous boy, the masked man bring up the rear.


        "Yeesh how many monsters are in here?!" Nall asked, panting when the group came to rest at a floor thankfully void of monsters. "I think I busted my wings," he complained not liking the pops and cracks from the over-exerted muscles.
        "I'm sorry Nall-san," Amelia said, gingerly rubbing the dragon's back. Nall let out a contented purr. "The Star Chamber should be just up these stairs."
        "About time," the little white dragon muttered.
        "Hush Nall," Xellos said following the princess up what he silently hoped was the last set of stairs.
        "Just how big is this tower, anyway?" Zelgadis asked no one in particular before joining the others. Once again the masked man brought up the rear.
 
        The Star Chamber was indeed at the end of the stairs. What had seemed to be an entirely empty room had suddenly disappeared to be replaced by a huge glowing magic circle surrounded by the blackness of space. Countless stars twinkled around them.
        "Whoah!" Nall said, too shocked to say anything more.
        At the center of the circle stood Lina, Sylphiel, Martina, Phil, and Rezo. The redhead looked as if she was in a trance and was singing. However, the song was not what she and Xellos had been practicing not so long ago at Burg. It was a dark and eerie sounding melody and it gave everyone who heard it chills up and down their spines.
        "Do you really think she could be the one?" Sylphiel asked, feeling a tiny bit guilty at having forced Lina into their control.
        "It's a possibility," Rezo said not taking his eyes from the girl.
        "Lina!" Xellos yelled as he ran to her.
        "Damn!" Martina muttered.
        "Amelia, what is the meaning of this?!" Phil asked, glaring at his rather disobedient daughter.
        "You're an imposter!" she shouted back and brought out the hand mirror. To her utter disappointment and shame, the mirror reflected nothing. Just the light of the stars and the glowing circle. A smug smile appeared on Martina's face, hidden by her hood. "I-I don't understand," she said befuddled. "I was so sure."
        "Amelia you must be punished for disobeying me," Phil said. The prince lunged at his daughter only to be blocked by the masked man, the force breaking the mask on his face. Amelia gasped in shock.
        "Daddy!!"
        "Are you all right Amelia?" he asked, giving his daughter a massive bear hug.
        "I knew that was an imposter," she said once she recovered from the hug.
        The false Phil then went red in the face and growled. "I've had enough of you brats." With a signal to the two women, they tore at their clothing, causing a strange fire to surround them and reveal rather skimpy outfits once the fire had vanished. 
        Sylphiel was dressed the most modestly in a black one piece bathing suit. Black and pale blue tattoos covered her arms and legs. Martina was wearing a black halter top that was tied at the neck and a very short black leather skirt. There was a red streak resembling lightning over her left eye and she had red and black tattoos covering her body. Phil however, wasn't even Phil.
        In Phil's place stood another girl with short and spiky cropped hair. She was dressed in a black leotard that was open in the front all the way down to her hips and a white tube piece covered her chest. She had red tattoos on her arms and legs. She stood proudly and glared at the group.
        Meanwhile, Xellos, Zelgadis, and Nall were desperately wiping at their noses trying to stop the bleeding. Amelia was too shocked to move or say anything and Lina had finally come out of her trance. "Where the heck am I? Xel? Zel?" she looked around completely stupefied at what she saw. Her cheeks turned red when she caught sight of the three women.
        "I am Eris," the woman in the leotard said, "One of the forgotten Vile Tribe, those who L-sama forced to live in the wastelands."
        Martina spoke next. "I told you I saw all," she said with a giggle. "Oh too bad." A look of mock sadness came to her face. "I just saw your demise." She then began to laugh maniacally.
        "We never thought you'd be able to catch on so quickly, Xellos-kun," Sylphiel said, truly sorry. "It truly is a shame that it has to come to this. But good luck always has a way of running out." Martina was about to shove a wicked spell when Sylphiel placed a hand on her shoulder. "Come sister, we must leave."
        "But..." Martina being the youngest had to obey her older sister whether she liked it or not. "You lucked out Xel-kun, but you will regret ever leaving Burg!" The aqua haired woman then cackled and vanished in thin air with her other two sisters.
        "Hey, where's Rezo?" Lina asked just noticing that the red robed man was no longer in the Star Chamber. The others were also surprised to find no sign of him.


        After cleaning up and making sure the true prince was going to be all right, Phil called a meeting in the Great Hall.
        "I do apologize for that villain's actions against you, young man."
        "That's all right your highness," Xellos said bowing, "I'm just glad your safe."
        Phil laughed heartily. "Well said, boy. Well said."
        Rezo then entered the hall, drawing the attention of the small group gathered there and several glares from Nall and Amelia. "I am sorry I'm late, Phil. I was busy with the guards searching for any other intruders.
         "So you weren't really in with those evil women?" the prince asked.
        "Yes, I had no idea they were of the Vile Tribe. I must have been under some spell of theirs for I recall very little after accepting Martina's services." The red robed man then bowed apologetically.
        "You are forgiven old friend. There's no need to be so formal."
        "If you don't mind, I'd like to meet with the dragons and discuss what should be done with the Vile Tribe once and for all," Rezo said, getting down to business.
        Phil thought it over, but had to stop for thinking was giving him a headache. His brain was still recovering from the effects of the memory mask. "That seems like a good idea, Rez." The purple haired man winced at the nickname while Nall snickered. Rezo then promptly glared at the little white dragon, shutting him up almost instantly. "I think it would be best if Xellos escorts you since he was able to pass the White Dragon's trial."
        Rezo inwardly growled. He didn't want any witnesses around for what he was planning and Xellos had proven to be quite a handful.
        "That's a great idea, your highness!" Lina said, happily. "We can go back and visit our folks in Burg while we're there."
        Rezo then smiled. "Yes that would be nice. It has been too long since I was able to pay my respects to Dynast." Silently he added, 'Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad after all. She'll be no problem once the kid's out of the way."


        While, Rezo was busy booking passage on this Hispanolia and preparations ready, Xellos and Lina decided to pay Garv a visit. The red haired governor welcomed them warmly, insisting that they stay the night.
        "Let me introduce you to my daughter Firia, Xel-kun," Garv said pushing a white robed girl towards the purple haired boy. "She's here on a holiday from her studying at the shrine on the way to Vane.
        "How do you do, Xellos was it?" the blond girl said sweetly.
        "Firia what's wrong did you hit your head or something? It's us," Nall said, wondering why she was acting strangely.
        "I'll explain later, now hush up," Firia hissed so only the friends could hear. "Oh what a kawaii little kitty!" she squealed. "Cootchie cootchie!" she then began scratching behind Nall's ears making him purr.
        "Firia-chan, why don't you see our guests to their room," Garv said smiling at his daughter's antics. "I'm sure they've gotta be bushed by now."
        "Ok, Dad. Your room's this way." She then led Xellos-tachi up the stairs and into an modestly yet elegantly furnished guest room.
        "All right Firia!" Lina said, "What's up with the act."
        "Listen, I'd appreciate it if you didn't let my old man know that we've met before. It'd break his heart if he finds out I'm such a tomboy."
        "But why, I don't think he would mind," Xellos asked.
        "You see when Momma died, Dad would start comparing me to her how much I looked like her. I didn't want him to be sad so I tried to act as ladylike as I could, but it's so hard."
        "I like you the way you are," Nall said. "It's more fun that way."
        Firia smiled warmly, blushing slightly. "Thanks Nall."
        "Don't worry we'll keep it a secret," Lina said reassuringly.
        "You guys are the greatest!" Firia then pulled them into a bear hug.


        After an very uneventful and boring trek to Burg, Rezo, Xellos and Co. finally reached the lair of Quark, the Ancient White Dragon.
        "Welcome back, Xellos-kun, young lady," the dragon said smiling. He then turned to the purple haired man. "It has been a long time, Rezo."
        "Yes, Quark, it has," Rezo replied. "There is a matter of great import that I must speak with  you about."
        "What is going on up there that drags the Great Rezo from his books?" the dragon asked with a bit of mischief in his voice. "Ever since Dynast died, you been cooped up for so long."
        "I'll show you," Rezo said, his voice extremely serious. He then chanted a spell and his red robes melted away to reveal black armor and an equally black cape. 
        "Rezo you didn't!" Quark said in utter shock.
        "It's not Rezo any more, old friend. It's Magic Emperor Rezo!" Rezo's voice was muffled by the helmet he now wore.
        Nall and Xellos let out gasps of alarm. "Magic Emperor?! You're the Magic Emperor?!" the boy said, not willing to believe Rezo's betrayal.
        "It can't be!" Lina said. "You're one of the Four Heroes!"
        "Ch' Don't believe everything you read my dear." Rezo then returned his attention to Quark. "I know some people may say that this day would live in infamy, but for me to truly be emperor, I need your assistance."
        Before Quark could reply, a strange magic sphere appeared around him and began to shrink rapidly. The enraged White Dragon roared in frustration as he desperately tried to break the sphere. Eventually Quark had to give up and the sphere was now the size of a child's marble and it floated into Rezo's hand. The Magic Emperor clasped his hand and laughed triumphantly.
        "And so begins a new era! An era of my rule! But every emperor needs an empress." He then focused on Lina. The redhead was glaring at him.
        "H-How could you! You monster!" she yelled.
        "Come now my sweet, you will see that it had to be done." Rezo then shot a beam at the petite girl, knocking her back against a wall and unconscious. The Magic Emperor gingerly picked up the limp girl and cast a levitation spell.
        "Lina!" Xellos drew his sword and rushed the evil man. However, the attack came too late. Rezo blasted him with another spell and the last Xellos saw was a triumph Rezo floating away with his adopted sister.



Hooboy! Betcha you didn't expect that ne minna? I know I've planted hints that something was up with Rezo but I bet you didn't know what was going to happen. Now that I've got all the major players and the head bad guy, get ready for a rough ride kiddos.
 
Lina: Of all the people for me to wind up with it had to be a Rezo koppii.
 
Eris: How dare you steal my Rezo-sama from me!!!
 
Lina: It's not like I had a choice she (points to L-sama no Miko) made me the creep's love interest.
 
Sakura: Look Eris, you can make as many koppiis you want, ne? So why make such a fuss?
 
Eris: (ponders for a bit) You're right, Miko-san! How silly of me to forget such a thing! (runs off to her copy machine)
 
Sakura: Phew! I just hate cat fights! Anyway cya next month! ^_^