Slayers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Lunar ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Lunar
By Sakura
Part 8: Kaitou ni Narumon (I Wanna be a Thief)
 
        Xellos woke to find himself in his room back at Burg. Nall lay asleep on top of him curled into a little ball. "Huh? How'd I get back here?" The still groggy boy asked. The last thing he remembered was Rezo grabbing hold of Lina and shooting a magic blast at him and the flying cat.
        A sound next to the bed drew his attention. His mother was beginning to wake as well. Apparently she had been watching over him while he was unconscious and had fallen asleep herself. "Oh thank the goddess! You're awake!" she said, relief clearly written on her face. "I thought I've lost my baby."
        "How'd I get here, 'kaasan?" he asked, blushing a bit.
        Xellos' mother smiled before answering. "A strange man with a red beret found you at the White Dragon's cave and carried you here. Are you all right now dear?"
        Xellos rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Yeah 'kaasan, I'm fine. Where's Lina?"
        The woman's face became downcast. "The nice man said he only found you and Nall." 
        The purple haired boy cursed and shot out of bed, waking Nall in the process. "Eh?! How'd we get back home? Where's Lina?" the baby dragon asked.
        "Xellos you shouldn't get up so soon!" his mother said ignoring Nall's questions.
        "I'm fine 'kaasan. I've got to find Lina!" The purple haired boy dashed out of the little house and went in search of Laike, Nall following him. He found the odd man at Dynast's monument.
        "So you finally decided to wake up. I thought you were a goner for a bit."
        "Thanks for saving us," Xellos said. "How'd you know we were there?
        Laike chuckled. "I didn't. I had some business with Quark myself. Sadly though it seems that I was too late." They stood there in complete silence, each lost in his own thoughts. "So what are you going to do now, Xellos-kun?" the beret clad man asked.
        "I'm gonna beat the crap outta Rezo!" Nall said with a snarl, his fur bristling.
        "What are you going to do Xellos-kun?" Laike asked again after laughing at the flying cat's remark.
        Xellos knew what he had to do. "I'm going to save Lina. No matter what!"
        "HOHOHOHO! Good for you kid!" the older man said. "By the way do you know what killed Dynast?"
        The purple haired boy looked puzzled. Why was he bringing that up now?
        "Love killed him," Laike explained suddenly solemn. "Dynast chose to die for he one he loved. Love is a wonderful thing, Xel-kun, but don't let it cloud your mind. Don't let what happened to him happen to you."
        "What do you mean, sir?" the boy asked, stunned at the man's words.
        Choosing to ignore him, Laike handed him a small winged rod. "You'll get a better use out of these than I ever will."
        "Hey those look like my wings!" Nall said looking at the rod.
        "Right you are, cat. Those are the White Dragon Wings. They'll take you anywhere you've been before. Enjoy." With that, the mysterious Laike headed down the hill.
        "Matte! Laike-san!" Xellos called.
        "By the way Xellos-kun, did you know that Lina was born on the day Dynast died?" The man then continued on his way down.
        Xellos and Nall were silent as they watched Laike disappear from their sight, shocked at that little tidbit of info.
 
        Later that day, Xellos and Nall were ready to search for Rezo and Lina.
        "So any ideas where to go, Xel?" the flying cat asked.
        "I think we should ask Garv or Phil," Xellos began, "They were friends with Rezo so they might know where he took Lina." The purple haired boy blinked back the tears. Thinking of what happened at Quark's cave hurt too much.
        "Why don't we try those wings?" Nall asked trying to cheer up his best friend and not cry himself. "Sure'd be faster than hiking all the way to Saith and getting a ship."
        Xellos nodded and took out the winged rod. As soon as he thought of Meribia, the boy and dragon vanished from Burg.
 
 
        "Whoah! What a rush! That was real cool!" Nall said when they appeared at the entrance of Meribia. The city was quiet. A little too quiet. Then they heard the sound of fighting.
       Looking around, Nall spotted a familiar robed person fighting against a group of Devil Hammers. "Hey! That's Firia!" he exclaimed.
        "Hey you two! I could use some help here!" the priestess yelled, noticing the arrival of her friends.        
        Xellos rushed to her aid and between the two of them, was able to defeat the monsters. "Firia-san what's going on?" the purple haired boy asked between breaths.
        "The monsters attacked all of a sudden. Everyone ran inside and I went out to search for stragglers," she explained. "Oh no! I left Dad by himself!"
        "Heh, Heh! I doubt anything can beat your dad, Firia," Nall said, remembering Xellos' 'battle' with the former hero.
        Firia chuckled. "I know, but still I'd better check to see if he's ok." The blond priestess finally noticed the absence of Xellos' 'sister'. "Hey Xel, where's Lina?" she asked.
        "I'll explain on the way to your house," Xellos said suddenly serious.
 
        "I can't believe he'd do something like that!" Firia said, swinging her mace and killing a monster guarding her front door. "When I get my hands on that namagomi traitor, I'll -"
        "Firia-sama!" A servant came running up to them as she and Xellos entered the mansion. "Thank goodness you're safe! Garv-sama's fighting a group of them in the dojo."
        "No Dad!"
        "Wait Firia!" Nall called. Xellos then decided to go after the priestess and followed her to the dojo.
        Nall hunched his back and growled when he saw who Garv was fighting. At the center of the room stood Eris, surrounded by a group of monsters. "You b@#^%&!" the baby dragon snarled.
        "Daddy!"
        Garv cursed. "Firia get away!"
        "But Daddy!" Firia held mace-sama at the ready.
        "Do as I say!" the huge man ordered.
        Eris then chose to act, taking advantage of Garv's distraction. The evil witch sent a spell at the stubborn priestess.
        "Firia! No!" Garv leapt in the way, protecting his daughter, and thus caused himself to be turned into a stone statue.
        "DADDY!!!!!!" Firia screamed.
        Eris laughed. "Serves him right! Everyone knows you don't turn your back on an enemy!"
        "You're dead, b@#^%&!" Xellos yelled lunging at her only to strike at air as Eris teleported out of harm's way.
        "Such language. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Not very becoming of a dragonmaster."
        "Come back here and fight Eris!" Firia screamed hysterically.
        "Why should I?" Eris teleported the monsters away, her job done. Her disembodied voice echoed through the dojo. "It'll be a waste of time once Rezo-sama has all the dragons under his power. All of Lunar will bow down to him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"
        "ERIS!!!!!!!" they shouted, but the Vile Tribe member was long gone.
 
        "Shimatta!" Firia cursed, "None of my healing spells are working!"
        "Hey, it'll be ok," Nall said landing on the priestess' shoulder. "Maybe someone in Vane knows how to break the spell."
        "Nall you're a genius!" Firia said brightening up a bit.
        "We have to let Prince Phil know what happened," Xellos said whipping out the White Dragon Wings and whisking the group to the floating city.
 
 
        Xellos-tachi emerged in the middle of another fight. A huge crab like monster was attacking a group of children with only Amelia and Zelgadis to fight against it. 
        "Thank the goddess!" Amelia said catching sight of Xellos and Firia. "Please help us, Xellos-san!"
        "This thing's even too much for me," Zelgadis said, coming as close as he'd ever get to willingly ask for help.
       Before either could comment, Xellos and Firia were forced into the fray. Thankfully the children had run off once the monster's attention had been focused on the newcomers.
 
        "...and that's what happened," Xellos explained, standing before Vane's still recovering prince.
        "It is indeed unjust of them to do that to Garv, but to kidnap an innocent girl like Ms. Lina is unforgivable!" Phil slammed his fist against the throne's arm. "If only I hadn't been forced to wear that abominable mask, I'd go show that foul traitor the full wrath of the Hammer of Justice!"
        "There, there Daddy," Amelia said patting her father's arm. "Let me go instead. I'll punish him for you."
        "Amelia are you sure you want to do this?" Phil had no real intention of sending his only child on a dangerous mission. But Garv was his best friend and had to be avenged somehow. 
        "I'll be ok Daddy, I'll have Xellos-san and Firia-san with me. It's only just that someone from Vane should punish that villain!"
        Phil looked at his daughter. She was going to make a great ruler one day. "All right, honey, just promise me you'll stay from danger." Amelia leapt for joy. "Xellos-kun take good care of my little Amelia."
        "I will your highness," the purple haired boy said, bowing.
        "I can't let you go," Zelgadis said.
        "Zel-kun," Amelia started.
        "Not without me," the lavender haired boy added, slightly blushing.
        "Zel! Thank you so much! You're a real friend!" Amelia said, getting starry eyed.
        "Heh, heh he's blushing!" teased Nall.
        "Oh put a sock in it cat!" Zelgadis mumbled.
        "If Rezo is indeed after the dragons," Phil said, drawing their attention back to him. "The dragon nearest to Meribia is the Red Dragon. I'm not sure, but I think the cave might be somewhere in the mountains to the south of Nanza.
        "Thanks Daddy,!" Amelia said, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "We'll bring that vile traitor to justice real soon!"
        "Just come back in one piece, Amelia," Phil said, ruffling her hair.
        "All right! Let's go save that dragon!" Nall said, thrilled at meeting another of his kind.
        Once again the White Dragon Wings glowed and transported the next generation of heroes away.
        "Please watch over them, L-sama," Phil prayed.
 
 
        The rod was only able to take them as far as the fort of Nanza. "Great. Just great," Firia muttered, not too happy at the prospect of running into her ex-boyfriend.
        "You say something, Firia?" Nall asked.
        The blond priestess giggled nervously. "Oh nothing."
        The cat like dragon was about to pry further when a scream rang through the fort. Rushing in, they found, yet again, Eris and a group of her cronies surrounding a frightened blond girl. "Eek! Don't come near me you brutes!"
        "Come any closer and the singer dies!" Eris warned.
        "Lemme at that namagomi b%^&$#!" Firia yelled, being barely restrained by Xellos, Amelia and Zelgadis.
        Meanwhile, the girl was giving the monsters a bad time, managing to slip through their fingers each time they closed in on her.
        "What's the matter with you idiots?!! It's only one miserable singer!" Eris was getting very PO'd and impatient.
        Just then the girl thrust the monsters back with a roundhouse kick. "Oh dear, pardon me," she said cupping her makeup covered face in her hands. "It's a sad, sad day when a lady like me has to resort to violence to protect myself." She then narrowed her eyes and in a much deeper voice said, "No more foolin' around!"
        To everyone's surprise, the singer leapt into the air, tearing off her clothes to reveal none other than...
        Valgarv!
        Grabbing his sword, the horned boy glowered at Eris. "You and your goons need to learn how to behave around girls, honeybuns."
        "How dare you!" Eris sputtered. "Destroy him!"
        The monsters had no chance now that Valgarv was free from the confining dress. With another mighty roundhouse kick and a few swipes of his blade, the monsters fell down never to get up again. Eris then teleported out of there immediately.
        "You'll regret this!" she said before leaving the area.
        "Yeah whatever, babe!" Valgarv shot back. "Oi Fi-chan!" he said noticing his ex standing by the goddess stature. "You get kicked outta the shrine again?"
        The priestess growled and promptly introduced Valgarv's head to mace-sama. "Valgarv no baka!!!"
 
        "Gee that's too bad," the aqua haired boy said, still nursing his aching head. "I hate it when guys like that pick on girls. I'm gonna have to teach this Rezo guy a lesson." Valgarv smacked his fist against his hand.
        "You mean..." Firia began. 
        "Yep! I'm goin' with ya. There's a girl's life at stake!" Valgarv smiled. "If she's as cute as the cat said, maybe I'll ask for a reward."
        That earned another introduction to Firia's mace and a few scratches from Nall, just to make sure he got the point.
        "Lina's not that kind of girl!" said an rather irate baby dragon.
        "Ok. Ok. I hear ya kitty-cat, but I'm still goin'!" the horned boy said in apology.
        "Thanks Valgarv-san," Xellos said, glad to have another person journeying with them. Rezo was terribly strong and the purple haired boy was nowhere strong enough to defeat the Magic Emperor by himself just yet.
        "Sure thing, pal. Just call me Val. Most everyone does."
        "So what now? We know where the Red Dragon is, but there's no way over or through those mountains," Amelia said, trying to figure out their next move.
        "If it's info ya need, Reza's the place to be. The people there are good at gettin' all kinds of info," Val suggested.
        "Reza?" Nall asked not liking the sound of the name.
        "Yeah, I know it sounds like a hideout for this Rezo guy, but I'm tellin' ya that it's cool. It's just past the south pass."
        "Ok, Reza it is!" Firia petted her mace lovingly before heading for the south gate.
 
 
        "Well this is Reza," Val said after having said a quick healing prayer at the town's goddess statue. "See, told ya this place's cool. No way an enemy of L-sama would have a statue to her in his hideout."
        Just then a scruffy looking man bumped into them then ran off. "How rude!" Zelgadis said. "No wonder Vane doesn't accept anyone from these hick towns."
        Val looked after the man suspiciously. "You guys ok?"
        "Yeah, we're fine," Xellos replied.
        "Hey! The dragon wings are gone!" Nall exclaimed when he noticed that the winged rod was no longer peeking out from the purple haired boy's pack.
         "Shimatta! I knew it!" Val cursed.
        "Knew what horn boy?!" Firia asked sweetly, but in such a way that all of them suddenly became afraid.
        The aqua haired boy laughed sheepishly. "Well... Reza's a thieves' town after all."
        "Now he tells us," Zelgadis muttered absolutely thrilled at being stuck in the middle of a town of robbers.
        "I have to tell my father about this place!" Amelia said going into justice freak mode. "These villains must be brought to justice at once!"
        "Whoah! Simmer down there, toots," Val said, "We've gotta get the info we need first." Zelgadis glared at Val. He did not like the vulgar leader of Nanza at all.
        'No wonder Firia-san dumped him,' the lavender haired boy thought.
        "Not to mention get those wings back," added Nall.
        "Why the hell didn't you tell us this place was full of thieves?!!" Firia roared, brandishing mace-sama.
        "I didn't tell ya Fi-chan 'cause I... well.. I kinda forgot." Val then laughed nervously.
        "VALGARV NO BAKA!!!!!!!!!!" Another goose egg was added to his growing collection.
        "That's enough you two!" Xellos said taking charge. "We've got to get those wings back."
        "Right," Val agreed, rubbing his sore head. "The barkeep's head of the Thieves' Guild so he should know who took 'em."
        Inside said bar, Xellos spotted a rather familiar red beret. "Nall isn't that Laike?"
        Upon hearing his name, the beret clad man turned around in his seat. "Fancy meeting you here Xellos-kun," he said laughing warmly. "You'd better be careful, this place is crawling with thieves."
        "We know," Nall said glaring at Val.
        "Let me guess, you got robbed." Laike then laughed heartily. "Be careful next time, lad. By the way, what brings you kids to Reza?"
        "We're looking for a way to the Red Dragon's cave, sir," Amelia explained. "Do you know a way?"
        "So you're going to take the next trial, huh? Well the only way to cave is by flying."
        "Wonderful," Zelgadis muttered.
        Laike then glared at him. "I've heard that there are people who could make flying machines, but I don't remember where."
        Meanwhile, Val had gone up to the counter to talk with the barkeep. "Hey there Val-kun, how're things in Nanza?"
        "Not bad old man," the aqua haired boy replied helping himself to some of the liquor. "Anyone come in here with anything good lately?"
        "Perhaps. Why you ask?"
        Val placed a few silver on the bar. "My friends and I need it back."
        "Val, you're like a son to me, but you know the rules. I can't help you if you're not a guild member."
        "How do we become members?" Xellos asked coming up to them.
        "Xel-san!! You're not serious?!!" Amelia looked at her friend in shock. "How could you give up a noble cause like that for the life of a criminal?!!" The black haired girl then began to wail.
        "It's the only way we can get the wings back. Besides we're not really going to become thieves." Amelia stopped her crying, but still wasn't thrilled about the idea.
        "You'll have to take a test," the barkeep went to explain.
        "What kind of test?" Zelgadis asked, none too pleased either. No one from Vane dared lower themselves to such a level before.
        "That's up to the guy in charge of new recruits."
        "Great! Just let us by and we'll ask 'im," Val said heading toward the swinging door at the counter.
        "Not so fast, Val-kun," called the barkeep, "He's in Meryod."
        "Well looks like we've got us some more walking to do," the aqua haired boy said, heading out of the bar.
        "Hold it right there, bub!" Firia said, stopping her former boyfriend. "My feet are killing me and I'm not going anywhere without a proper rest!"
        "I agree with Firia-san," Zelgadis said.
        "It's all right with me," Xellos said, feeling a bit tired himself. Amelia and Nall nodded their agreement and headed for the inn. This time, they kept their packs close to and in front of them as they walked in the streets.
 
 
        The next day, Xellos-tachi left Reza and headed east toward Meryod. Once they made it through the dangerous woods just outside the tiny village, the group gratefully said a few prayers at the statue of L-sama at the entrance.
        "'K, let's find this guy and get those wings back," Nall said.
        "Let's split up, we can cover more ground that way," the purple haired boy said, "We'll meet back here in an hour."
        "Gotcha chief!" Val said. "See ya later, Fi-chan," winked the horned boy as he left the group.
        "Well I guess I'd bette go too." Zelgadis left as well. "Be careful Amelia, I don't like the looks of this place," he called before continuing on.
        The black haired girl blushed. "You too Zel-kun!" she called back as she too went on her way. Soon Xellos was left with only Nall. 
        An hour later, the group reformed at the goddess statue.
        "Hey, where's Val-san?" Amelia asked noticing that they were short one.
        "Don't worry Amelia-chan," Firia said, reassuring her friend. "I know exactly where he'd be. Just follow me."
        The blonde priestess led them to the local pub. Sure enough, inside Val was sitting at a corner table with a man. Seeing his friends enter, the aqua haired boy waved to them. "Oi minna! Where've (hic) youshe guys been?!"
        "Doing what we were supposed to, you baka!" scolded Firia. "As usual, you're goofing off and getting drunk!"
        "Matte (hic) Fi-chan!" Mace-sama paused inches from his head. "Thish'sh (hic) the guy we're (hic) lookin' fer."
        "Yo," the man said then promptly passed out on to the table.
        "I'm beginning to regret going with you," Zelgadis said holding his nose when Val's face came close to his.
        "Oi, oi, take it (hic) eashy pal. I (hic) know what the tesht ish."
        "So what is it?! Tell us already!" Firia was very close to losing it.
        "All right. All right, I'll (hic) tell ya! We've gotta go get shome (hic) thievesh' guide from thish (hic) tower shouth of Reza and (hic) bring it back here," explained Val.
        "Well if you knew that, you should have come told us!" Firia then lost it and once more clobbered poor Val into the pub's floor with her beloved mace.
        "Let's get out of these boondocks and get that rod back," Zelgadis said, impatient to get away from the barmaids who had begun to flirt with him and Xellos as soon as they walked in.
        Firia grabbed her sufficiently sobered ex and dragged him out of the pub, the others following them.
 
 
        "Hey! Let's take a rest, I think I'm going to faint if I take another step," Amelia said as they came to the clearing at the entrance of the Meryod Woods.
        "I'm really sorry for putting you through this, Amelia," Xellos apologized.
        "Oh that's all right, Xel-san. I don't mind, it's actually kinda fun."
        Firia gasped as she spotted the statue of her father stood off to the side of the clearing. "Dad!! What are you doing here?!" Before they knew what was happening, the statue glowed and a magic spell shot at the group.
        "Firia!!!" Val leapt in front of the priestess, taking the full brunt of the spell and shielding her.
        "Val!! No!!!! Not again!!!!" All but her had been turned into stone statues like her father.
        "Firia, my daughter," the statue spoke, "join us. You and your friends can be with me forever."
        Firia looked from her friends to her father and back. She knew her spells alone wouldn't be able to bring them back. She was a failure as a priestess and as a daughter. Maybe she should just give up. Sadly she nodded her head in defeat. "Yes father," she said.
        Just then, the statue that was Val, began to shake and crack. To her surprise and relief, Val had broken free of the spell. "You b@$^@#&!!!!!!!!! No way would Garv ask his own daughter to join him in death!!!!"
        The horned boy lunged at the statue, sword at the ready. After a fierce battle, the statue slumped and melted away to reveal Martina. Once the witch was revealed, the spell she had cast on the group had been broken and they were able to move again.
        "Damn you!! How dare you break my spell!!!! You'll regret this!!!!!!!" Having spoken her piece, the mint haired girl vanished before any of them could get a blow in.
        "$*(^!!!!!" Val cursed.
        "I swear I'm going to get those b*^#%es!!!" Firia growled. "Val um..." she blushed. "You risked your life for me. Thanks."
        The aqua haired boy blushed. "Heh, heh. Well, I've gotta save ya. Your old man'd kill me if I didn't."
        "Hmph! And for once I thought you actually cared about me!" Firia then promptly smacked him for the umpteenth time with mace-sama.
 
 
        "Damn! This one's empty too," Val cursed as he opened another chest.
        They had arrived at Water Dragon King's Spire, the tower the Thieves' Guild member at Meryod had mentioned. Inside the first floor, thousands of footprints had nearly wiped away all the dust on the floor and as Val had discovered, all the chests had been looted.
        "Well stop wasting time and get going!" Firia said annoyed that her former boyfriend had insisted on checking every chest on the floor.
        Sighing, Val gave in, not wanting to receive yet another blow from her mace. As they approached the stairs, a old woman in gray clothing appeared in front of them, blocking their exit. "Greetings I am Auntie Aqua, Keeper of Knowledge. For you to proceed, you must answer my question. What makes you strong and powerful?"
        "Easy. It's magic," Zelgadis said. The old man refused to move aside. "Didn't you hear me? I said magic." 
        "I heard you kid. But you're wrong."
        "How can I be wrong?! The Magic Guild of Vane is the most powerful force on Lunar!"
        "Calm down, Zel-kun," Amelia said. "She is right though."
        "So what does make you strong and powerful?" Nall asked.
        "That's easy," Val said. "Eating right and exercise!"
        "Wrong again," Auntie Aqua replied.
        Amelia thought about it. She had remembered her father telling her something like this. "Hey! I've got it! Intelligence and Wisdom! Intelligence makes you strong and Wisdom gives you power."
        "You're a very smart little girl," Auntie Aqua said stepping aside.
        Amelia blushed. "Thank you, Auntie Aqua-san. My father told me that."
        "You may pass now."
        "Hmph. About time." Zelgadis was peeved his answer was the wrong one. To him the Magic Guild was everything. Without it, he would have been forced to live the life of the poor peasants he looked down upon. Not a happy thought.
 
        The next two floors were not exactly a picnic. Only Amelia and Zelgadis were able to defeat the monsters roaming about due to their extra strong physical defense. Plus after answering Auntie Aqua's second question, there was no living with the lavender haired boy's ego. He for once had the right answer. 
        They were about to go up the stairs to the fourth floor, when a moan stopped them. A man sat huddled up one of the far corners. "Are you all right?" Firia asked, concerned.
        "None of your damn business. Now get lost!" the man replied.
        "Hmph!" Firia spun on her heel and headed back to the stairs.
        "Oi wait!" the man called, "you're a priestess right?" he asked, noticing her robes.
        "I thought you didn't want my help," the blond girl retorted.
        "I'm sorry ma'am. It's just that... my stomach..." The man moaned again.
        "Aren't you going to help him?" Amelia asked feeling sorry for the man.
        Firia sighed. "I just can't ignore my duty as a priestess because someone was rude to me." She went up to the man and began chanting a healing prayer only to have the man disappear and Auntie Aqua appear in his place.
        "You have passed my test you may go on to the next floor," the robed man announced.
        "TEST?!!!! Why you!!!!!!!!!" Firia was barely restrained by the others, her tail peeking under her skirt.
        "Come on, Firia-san," Xellos said. "Remember we have to get the White Dragon Wings back." The irate dragon girl growled, but let her friend lead her up the stairs.
        "Phwew!" Auntie Aqua said once the group was out of sight. "That girl certainly is Garv's kid."
 
        "Congratulations!" Auntie Aqua said as the group entered the top chamber. "You have certainly earned this."
        "How did you know we came to get this?" Amelia asked as the old woman handed over the Thieves' Guide.
        Auntie Aqua chuckled. "I am the Keeper of Knowledge, my dear."
        "Thank you sir," Xellos said, "I'm sorry we had to bother you."
        The old woman smiled. "Oh it's no bother. I get so few visitors these days, so I don't mind the company. Good luck on your quest young man. I truly hope you succeed."
        Xellos bowed. "Thank you again Auntie Aqua-san."
        "Come back again sometime when you're Dragonmaster."
        "Whoo-hoo!! Now we can get those wings back!!" Nall said once they left the Spire.
        "Let's head back to Reza," Xellos said, anxious to get on with his quest to save the Lina and the dragons.
        
        Thankfully, the trip back to Reza was monster free. Once inside, they headed straight to the bar.
        "Here ya go, old man," Val said as he handed the barkeep the Thieves' Guide.
        "Well I'll be! You actually managed to get this from the Water Dragon King's Spire," he replied amazed. "Guess this means I'll have to let you in to the Guild now. He you go."
        Val proudly accepted the guild's crest, indicating membership of the holder. "Thanks a lot. We really appreciate this."
        "Anytime Val-kun, the Thieves' Bazaar is just through here." The barkeep unhitched the swinging door at the bar and opened a secret passage near the corner. "Whoever has your stuff should be there. Just show him the crest and he'll give it back."
        The group moved through the passage and headed to the bazaar.
 
 
Well all I can say about this part, minna is-
 
Sakura: Whoo-hoo!!!! Val in drag!!!!!!!!
 
Val: Onna!!! How dare you do this to a servant of Garv-sama?!!!!!
 
Lina: Awww! But you looked so kawaii in that dress. ^_^
 
Val: %@#%^&*@#^! (stops to think) You really think so?
 
Xel: Absolutely. Almost as kawaii as me. ^_^
 
Val: Who the %^#@^&*^)^%  hell asked your opinion!!!
 
Sakura: Val-chan, language.
 
Val: Gomen.
 
Sakura: Well, that's it for this chapter. I know it's not enough action, but I'm following most of the script of the game, so don't worry the action's on its way. Jya ne!!!  ^_^