Slayers Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Lunar ❯ Chapter 10

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slayers Lunar
Part 10: Three Down, One To Go
By Sakura

“Thunder Thrust!” The gigantic lightning storm called down by the lavender haired mage sent the gargoyle dogs howling in pain.
“Blizzard!” His black haired companion quickly froze the last of the fiery creatures solid. “Xellos-kun, Valgarv-san quick!” Amelia shouted.
The other two boys didn’t need to be told twice. They rushed forward and quickly hacked away at the remaining gargoyle with their swords while Firia lent a hand using mace-sama.
“I knew you’d beat my pets,” Martina’s voice called from the Red Dragon’s lair. “Just as I have seen, you’ve grown quite a lot Xellos-kun. But not enough to stop our master! Ta-ta!” With that the evil fortuneteller laughed maniacally, her voice slowly fading away into silence.
“You don’t think it’s too late, do you?” Amelia asked timidly.
“I hope not,” Xellos said clenching the hilt of his still drawn sword. “For our and Lina’s sake.”
“Well let’s not stand here all day! Let’s get goin’!” Valgarv said grabbing hold of the blonde priestess and dragging her further into the cave.
“Just what the hell are you doing?!” she yelled, fighting the returning feelings she thought she had gotten rid of. ‘Why is he so hard to get over?!’ Firia thought as she was being pulled along.
Not being ones to be left behind, the others quickly followed –
Only to find a completely empty chamber. “We’re too late,” Nall said, lowering his head.
“Now what?” Valgarv asked, gritting his teeth.
“Travelers,” came the voice they heard earlier.
“W-Who’s there?” Amelia said from behind Firia who held her mace at the ready.
“No need to be afraid, my friends.” The lair then was lit with a soft red glow and a translucent form of a red dragon appeared before them.
“How pretty!” the black haired girl said admiring the ghostly dragon.
The dragon smiled sadly. “Thank you young ones for braving my challenge. I only wish that my body had not been stolen so I can congratulate you in person.” She then lowered her head and looked at Xellos who started to blush at the sudden scrutiny. “You are the one who seeks to be the next Dragonmaster are you not?”
“Y-Yes ma’am,” the purple haired boy replied.
The ghostly dragon chuckled. “You have great potential, my boy. I shall lend you my power. Be careful young ones, the Magic Emperor is still a powerful enemy. Go now and seek out the rest of my brethren.”
“Wait, Red Dragon!” Nall cried, wanting to learn more of himself and other dragons.
The dragon faded and the glow flared up only to die down and leave a red shield in the dragon’s place. Xellos took the ancient artifact solemnly and vowed to beat the stuffing out of Rezo and those women for what they did.
No one said a word as they left the cave when Firia chanted an Escape Litany.

___________________________________________

“Hey lemme drive for a while,” Firia said grabbing for the balloon’s rudder.
“I really don’t think you should be doing that Firia-san,” Amelia said getting nervous as the airship began to rock slightly.
“Hey!” Zelgadis said trying to stop the blonde priestess who was now pulling on the steering device.
“Oh come on, Zelly. Just one little turn. Pwetty pwease?” she said batting her eyes.
“NO! And don’t call me Zelly!” he yelled back pulling equally hard on the rudder.
“Um… guys…” Xellos said noticing the balloon was now acting rather strangely.
“Shut up!” snapped Zelgadis and Firia.
Then the rudder had the bad timing to break off in the priestess’ hands.
“Oopsie,” she said sheepishly.
“’Oopsie’, she says,” Zelgadis muttered under his breath.
“Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!” Amelia screamed as soon as the airship jerked violently then began to spin out of control.
“Way to go, Fi-chan. Now we’re gonna – DIE!!!!!!!!!” Valgarv yelled.
“Oh shut up!!!” The blonde then smacked him silly with her beloved mace.
“Yare yare,” said their purple haired leader as he clung to the basket for dear life.
___________________________________________

Thankful to be alive, the group had made their way to the tiny mountain village of Lynton in the East Stadius Zone.
“Great Goddess! What’s that awful noise?!” Firia said, wishing her ear ornaments were better earplugs.
“It’s dreadful!” Amelia said wincing.
“Aye that it is lassie,” said an old man at the entrance. “The wind used to sound so nice, but now…” He then fell asleep.
“Hey, why don’t we see what’s making that noise and fix it?” Amelia suggested.
“Did you hit your head when we crashed, Amelia?” Nall asked. “You can’t fix the wind.”
“No you can’t,” Zelgadis agreed, “But there’s got to be something that’s making the wind sound like this.”
“Right you are kid.” They jumped in startlement.
“Who are you ‘jii-chan?” Valgarv asked when he noticed a middle-aged man had come out of the largest house at the back of town.
“Oh no one. Just the mayor here. But your friend’s right. There’s something blocking the wind in the cave near here. You see, when the wind blows through that cave it sounds kinda like music, but now –“
“We’ll fix it for you, Mr. Mayor,” Amelia said perkily.
“Ame-chan!” Zelgadis yelled.
“I’d normally laugh in your face, missy, but there’s something about you kids. I’ll go tell the guards at the cave to let ya in, but be careful it’s full of monsters in there.” The mayor said before heading off toward the cave.
“Thanks a lot, Amelia. Just couldn’t keep your mouth shut, could you?” Firia said annoyed at the idea of traipsing through yet another cave.
“But it’s unjust to leave these poor people like this,” the black haired princess argued.
“We’re here to find the Blue Dragon, Amelia,” Zelgadis said, “We can’t afford to be sidetracked. Rezo’s already gotten to two dragons.”
“It’s all right,” Xellos said, trying to keep his friends together. “Besides, we don’t even know where the dragon is. So I guess we can help them, who knows they might know where the Blue Dragon lives.”
“Sound’s good to me chief,” Valgarv said patting his sword. “I could go for some action.”
Zelgadis reluctantly gave in and dragged himself after his friends. ‘I’m going to regret this,’ he said silently.

___________________________________________

“Well hello there, Phil!” said the Blue Dragon, yawning slightly. “Is there some trouble? People don’t usually come in here and wake me up unless L-sama’s having some problems. Oh my! You’re not Phil! The old boy never had a chest like that.”
Amelia blushed. “I’m Phil’s daughter, Amelia,” she explained, “Um… nice to meet you.”
“Oh so ol’ Phil finally got to settle down, ne? Just how long have I been asleep? It must be pretty long since I don’t remember seeing any of you before.”
“Um… I don’t want to be rude here, but you’re in danger,” Xellos said.
“Oh? How so son? What could possibly be dangerous to a dragon?”
Xellos-tachi then went on to explain just what had been going on to the rather laid back dragon.
“So that’s what’s been going on up there,” the dragon said once they had finished their tale. “That’s too bad. I knew Rezo. Sure the guy was a bit weird, but I never thought he’d turn out to be a bad guy.”
“He’s not!” Zelgadis shouted, “He’s just… not himself.”
The Blue Dragon chuckled amusedly. “OK. Whatever you say kiddo. Xellos-kun, you have a lotta guts going up against a guy like Rezo. So I’ll lend you a hand since you’re friends with Phil and all.” There was a sudden tremor, and then as quickly as it came, was gone. “Go and help yourself,” the dragon said indicating a side passage that hadn’t been there on the way in.
Inside the small alcove was a red helmet with white fur trim. Just as the purple haired boy lifted it, there was a loud roar coming from the dragon’s lair. Turning back, they saw Sylphiel blast the dragon with a beam of evil looking black energy.
“NOOOOO!!!!” Nall screamed as the amicable dragon vanished leaving them to face the Vile Tribe member alone.
“You b@#%*!!!” Valgarv yelled, lunging forward, his sword drawn. He was immediately stopped by an invisible wall.
“I’m really sorry about this, Xellos-kun, but you must understand that we have to do this,” the purple haired woman said apologetically.
“But why, Sylphiel-san?” the purple haired boy asked.
“You’re not ready to truly understand why just yet. I only wish that you hadn’t insisted on interfering.”
“You gave us no choice, you witch!” Nall yelled, his back arched and fur bristling.
“I wish you the best of luck, young man,” the evil priestess said without malice, “But for your own sake, I wish you’d give up. Until we meet again.” The purple haired villainess then vanished in a flash of light.
“Dammit!” Firia said, smashing the wall with mace-sama. “I’m definitely gonna get them good!”
“Blue Dragon…” Nall whispered.
“Lina…” Xellos’ mind echoed his flying friend’s feelings.
As in the Red Dragon’s cave, no one spoke as they left.

___________________________________________

Meanwhile, Rezo was in his ultra secret base gloating over his growing collection of defeated dragons. “Three down, one to go,” he said triumphantly, then laughed his head off.

___________________________________________

I’m going to do a lot of cutting with the game script from here on ‘cause it’s taking longer than I thought to finish this baby. Sorry if I confused anyone with the fast forwarding. Anyhoo lemme know whatcha think.

Attention all readers and reviewers, I’d like to do a songfic with the song ‘The Girl Is Mine’ by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney, but I don’t know if I should do it as a continuation of my Weiss fic or a Digimon one with TK, Davis, and Kari. Please let me know what you guys think. I’d really appreciate some feedback on this. Just e-mail me or you can leave your vote in your review.