Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ More Than Rivals ❯ Passing The time ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

More Then Rivals

By Sailor Cherry Star

Disclaimer: Go see chapter 1 or 2.

A:N Sorry for the very late updates, but like I said before I'm working on my other fanfics as well. But that only depends on the reviews and I have to work more on Camp's Moonlight since I'm getting the most reviews on that fanfic. I made this chapter extra long to make up for the time I won't update.

Chapter 3: Passing the Time

Filia had her ear to the basement door, listening carefully to what was going on inside. Zel, Sylphiel and Martina were behind her waiting for Filia to say what was going on inside. Inside Filia could hear ' Shut ups' and ' I hate yous' being exchanged very now and then.

"So what's happening now?" Martina asked impatiently.

"They're just argueing over who did this to them. Lina's blaming me and Yami's blaming all of us.And now they're exchanging ' i hate yous'" Filia said . She then winced .

"What is it?" They all asked at once and Filia shushed them.She pulled her ear away from the door and then covered it with her hand.

"That's the longest string of curses I've ever heard coming from Yami. And the scary part is some of them aren't even in japanese or english." Filia said then put her ear back to the door where she heard a loud thump, a tragic shriek and then Lina's insane laughter.

"What now?" Sylphiel asked.

"I think Lina just killed Yami." Filia said and everybody winced," On no, Yami's still not dead. He's cursing again ."

"Do you think we should just get away from here? What if they charge the door open and then try to kill us?" Zelgadis asked.

"You're right! Let's go! We'll come back at after 5 more hours, if they haven't killed each other yet." Filia said and stood up.

"What if they'll surprise us." Everybody gave Martina a confused look,"I mean, what if they kill each other at the same time and then come to hunt us. Or maybe even put a huge terrible curse on us. I'll never get another chance of cursing my enemies again since I'm going to be the one cursed this time. WHAAAAA!!"

Everybody sweatdropped.

"For Pete's sake Martina!"

------------------

Lina sighed, a sigh of boredom . Yami was sitting on the other side of the room farthest from her as she was doing from him. It was funny when Yami walked into the huge pile of boxes, but is was funny while it lasted.

"Why don't we have a contest or play a game." Yami suggested.

"Why would you care if I'm bored. Anyway, it's probably for your amusement anyway." Lina glared at him then looked back at the ground," I sure hope I won't be trapped here for long. I'm hungry!"

"You're so selfish and stubborn!" Yami shouted at her. Lina glared right back at him.

"You should talk." She said then turned away from him. Yami did the same.Yami yawned and leaned against the wall .

"You tired?" Lina asked. Yami looked at her like she was turning into a cat or something.

"Why should you care?!" He asked. Lina turned away again.

"No particular reason. I was just wondering! Sheesh!" Lina leaned against the wall with her arms crossed.

Yami, not even caring if Lina was there, folded his jacket into a pillow and let out another yawn before laying his head down on his little pillow. He murmured something softly before falling asleep,"Note to self: Should stop staying up late making plans on how to defeat Lina Inverse. Should also stop watching Romeo and Juliet and other romantic videos."

Lina watched as Yami fell into a deep sleep. She stared at him for quite a long time before noticing what she was doing and looked away, a faint pink blush on her cheeks.

"I luv my mummy."Yami said in his sleep.

"He's pathetic and it almost makes me feel sorry for him."

-----------------

Yugi waited for his friends by the park with Mokuba. The other girls were a bit late since they went shopping and would be a bit late.

"I wonder where my big brother is." Yugi wondered outloud.

"Why?" Mokuba asked.

"Well, he always waits for me after school and we usually walk to the park together, but today he was nowhere to be seen." Yugi explained.

"Mysterious, huh? Maybe he had a band practice right after school or something?" Mokuba suggested and Yugi agreed.

"Yep! I guess you're right!" Yugi then spotted the other girls running towards them.

"Hi Yugi! Nice seeing you again!" Rebecca said.

"Same here!" Yugi said," Hi Shizuka and Amelia! What's new today?"

"Nothing much." Amelia started and then started to her usual speeches on justice on how she saw somebody not doing the right thing and such.

The five friends went on into the park, not expecting any danger to come their way.

-----------------

Lina lit a small fireball. She studied her surroundings . It was safe now that Yami was asleep.

"I wonder if he's really not asleep. Maybe it's all a trick and also I wonder what does he do that keeps him up all night to make him so tired?" Lina wondered then shook her head to get clear of those questions.

Her fireball grew a bit in her hand . She found some desks and other things that might help her get out.

"Where is that light coming from?" She quickly clapped her hands together to put out the small flame in her hand. She slowly turned around to see Yami sitting up and staring stragely at her.

"You must be seeing things." She said, but Yami did not look convinced. Lina decided to make him uncomfortable with a similiar situation. She ahd noticed when she had her small fireball that Yami did not have a shadow.

"Then why don't you have a shadow when you sleep or tired?!" She demanded. Yami started stammering. She had caught him off gaurd.

---------------

Yugi and the rest ducked as a howling wind suddenly blew, almost knocking them of their feet as something very very huge flew over them. They could hear a low roar that shook the ground. Rebecca was the first to look up and see a gigantic dragon fly over head and as soon as it arrived it was gone.

Everything was frozen and everybody was terrified.

"What was that?" Shizuka said under her breath in awe.

"It was a dragon! I'm sure of it! I saw it with my own eyes!" Rebecca said.

"A dragon?!" Yugi and the rest said in suprise.

Rebecca nodded ,"It was a huge purple one too."

"I guess we'll all have to agree with you," Yugi said," Until we can be sure."

---------------

Lina and Yami were both giving each other death glares.

"Does it really matter?!" Lina asked angrily.

"Well, maybe and maybe not." Yami said calmly for the first time. He was leaning against the wall while Lina was sitting on the 5th step in the basement.

"Let's just forget it! You and I were just probably seeing things." Lina attempted to hide the truth once more.

"I agree!" Yami proclaimed.

"Huh?" Lina was a bit confused.

"I mean I disagree!" Yami said again.

"You're hopeless!"Lina said and put her head in her hands.

---------------

"So, do you think they're still alive?" Sylphiel asked. Filia had just broke down the school doors with her mace.

"This'll cause a big commotion tommorrow at school." Filia muttered as she looked at the damage she did to the doors.

"Can you please answer my question." Sylphiel said.

"I hope thery're still alive or this will cause a bigger commotion at school." Filia said .

"You hope?!" Zel asked," I just hope it's Lina who's still alive"

"Why? Would you miss her?Oh I know......." Filia said in a teasing tone, but started giggling when she saw Zel start to blush very VERY hard.

"Filia, please don't tease poor Zel. We all already know that he's fallen for our dear friend Lina." Sylphiel said making Zel blush a glow-in-the-dark red.

Martina who had been quiet for some time burst out laughing when she saw his face.

"Shut up!" Zel said as he passed them.

-----------------

"Go fish!" Lina said in a very bored tone. They had now found some cards and were playing the dark.

"I can't even see my cards. Let's just stop playing." Yami said and put down his cards.

"Stop making excuses! Just because I'm winning doesn't give you the right to make excuses." Lina said.

"Wow! We have become so close now after this terrible experience! Isn't that incredible?" Yami said in a sarcastic tone.

Lina gace him a death glare, which he didn't see due to the fact that is was now getting dark outside. Lina's stomache growled.

"I'M HUNGRY!!!!" Lina whined .

"Hey! I'm hungry too you know. Stop thinking about yourself all the time!" Yami yelled at her.

"Oh, would you just be quite!" Lina yelled back.

------------------

Filia, Zel, Martina and Sylphiel were all walking through the halls when an eerie 'I'm hungry' was heard echoeing through the halls. Followed by a 'Shut up!'

"I knew it! They're dead and now their ghosts are going to hunt us forever. WHAAAAAAAA!!" Zel whacked Martina on the head really hard to stop her whinning.

"My, my. You're acting like a lot like Lina today, Zel-kun." They all turned to see Xellos following them.

"What are you doing here?" Zel asked with a death glare.

"That is a secret! " Xellos said then opened one eye and looked at Filia," I'm also making sure that Filia dear doesn't get into any kind of trouble."

"Shut up" Filia hissed and started to walk towards the basement door. It was easy to tell that she didn't want to be around Xellos any longer.

"I thought I saw her blush just a second ago." Zel muttered and walked after her a bit stunned at what he thought he saw.

-----------------

Lina and Yami were both sitting in the middle of the room leaning back to back to each other. They were too hungry to even care that their backs were touching each other.

"I'm starving!" Lina whined.

"We haven't eaten anything since lunch!" Yami added.

"We're going to die!" Lina whined again.

"And we never knew true love!" Yami added again.

"I'm hungry!" Lina whined.

"So am I, but I'm not the one whining."Yami added again.

"Stop it!" Lina cried

"I would, but I can't. " Yami said.

"Then I'm starving!" Lina started to whine again.

"I will never understand my enemies when they're hungry." Yami said.

And it went on and on.

------------------

Meanwhile......

Filia and the others were all trying to listen to what was going on inside. They heard Yami say something about 'true love' and now where all on top of each other trying to hear what was going on.

"What do you think is going on in there?" Martina asked.

"Ummmm..." Filia leaned in closer to the door. She ahd the best hearing in the group," Lina's complaining about food and Yami is just adding to what she says. Nothing much,but I think we did it!"

"So you mean all this was worth it?" Sylphiel asked.

"I think that's what she means." Zel said.

"Alright! I'm breaking the door down, anyone have a stick?" Filia asked getting out her mace. Everybody gave her a confused look.

"Why a stick?" Zel asked.

"To knock Yami out. You don't expect me to break down the door with a huge mace and not be suspisious, now do you? i'll just use it to knock him out and then you or Xellos will have to take him to his home .It's a perfect plan!" Filia said and picked up her mace (which appeared out of nowhere, but nobody really cares anyway.)

"A perfect plan, Filia dear. You are right about that!" Xellos complimented and handed her a stick he got out of nowhere too.

"Not know! Compliment me after I break down the door and knock Yami out." Filia said and swung her mace. The door shattered and Filia stepped inside. Good thing there wasn't any light or Yami would have noticed her.

Lina noticed the mace and got out of the way as Filia threw a stick at Yami. Yami, being tired and hungry didn't see that coming and was knocked out and fell to the ground.

"Nice going Filia!" Xellos and Lina both shouted at the same time. Lina crawled over to Yami," You totally knocked him out!"

"Ah...Are you worried that he's hurt? That's what friends do when one gets knocked out ." Martina teased, but Lina didn't even hear her.

"NO! I should have thought of that!Hitting him over the head with a stick is a genuis plan!" Lina whined and everybody sweatdropped.

"Maybe the whole basement plan didn't work after all." Zel said.

"I agree!" Sylphiel said," If Lina and Yami were friends now she wouldn't have wanted to knock him out."

"Hear, hear!" Xellos said.

----------------

Yugi was walking home with Rebecca since her house was only a few blocks after his.

"Dueling arena in the park, tommorrow. Remember the time I told you and don't be late! I have been waiting to see if you really are as good a duelist as everybody says."Rebecca said before Yugi and her went seperate paths.

"See you tommorrow!" Rebecca shouted over her shoulder.

"Yeah, see you!" Yugi said and entered his house.

------------------

Yami groaned and sat up abruptly when he noticed that he was in his room and on his coach.

"Was that all a dream?" He asked himself," Or maybe I passed out while in the basement and Lina or one of her friends braught me here?"

Yami sighed," I'll ask them tommorrow."With that he entered his room.

------------------

Lina was brushing her hair and staring into the mirror. Her friends had scampered of when she asked who did this to Yami and her.

Actually, she had a fun time today even though she didn't admit it.

"He's a lot like me in different ways." She murmured to herself and put down the brush. She walked over to her balconey and leaned on the rail watching the clouds pass by the moon. She leaned her head on one hand as thoughts started to race though her head.

'What if I start falling for Yami? No! That can't be! I love Zel and only Zel! 'She sighed, life was so difficult.' I do love Zel, but is it or isn't it right to fall for two people?'

"This is so hard. What do I do now? After that experience how can I act normal?" She asked herself.

----------------

The dragon settle on a high hill and looked over the landscape.

"This won't do, won't do at all." he said and stamped his foot. Japan transformed from many buildings and skyscrapers to olden times small where only sorcerers and ,people who where weak enought to brainwash, villages.

"Much better." The dragon said.

-------------------

A:N Now that is one of the longest chapters I have ever wrote so far. I hope this will make up for the long times I don't update.

In the next chapter Lina and some of her friends along with some of Yugi and Yami's friends start on a journey towards the dragon's capital city. But will things between Yami and Lina ever be the same?

Stay tuned to find out and.......

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!