Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ More Than Rivals ❯ Journey ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

More Than Rivals

By Sailor Crystal Star

Disclaimer: Go see chapter 1

A:N I've decided to work a bit more on this fanfic since this is my favorite.

Chapter 4: Teddy Bear Attacks

Lina rolled over in her bed. 'Yesterday, everything was hazy after the basement trap, and I thought everything would be different from that day, but today, everything is cleared and it's not so differnent. I have new reasons to dislike Yami & new things to blackmail him with.'

She opened her eyes and blinked when the first rays of sunlight went through her window.

"What the?!" She sat up abruptly in bed as she noticed that her alarm clock was not there and her whole room was different, old japanese style.

She ran over to her closet and opened it to find some tunics and some old style japanses clothes.

"I'm going to find out what's going." Lina said determinely as she glanced at the window to see the whole city had also turned different. She grabbed a pink tunic with a white stripe going down her back and also found a pair of white gloves with a ruby on each one. She found a black cape which was a very dark blue on one side.

When she hurried downstairs, she remembered to bring along her sword just in case.

---------------

Meanwhile Yami was having a simliar shock.

"This is just an illusion, a simple illusion." For some odd reason an image of Lina popped in his head," Well, she's not an illusion. That's it! I'm nuts!"

He threw open his closet door and grabbed a black tunic, pants, cape and grayish gloves. He put on two different belts, one a simple black one and the other a black belt with diamond shaped saphires. After he was satisfied with his looks, meaning putting on a small belt around his neck and putting one one his arm, just some inches from his shoulder.

Then he thought about an idea of making his outfit very cool looking and messed a lot of things up like one of his tunic's sleeve shorted then the other and wearing more belts. And some other wierd ideas of his.

"Hello NEW WORLD!!" He shouted out the window and some of the morning people looked up at him with a face that said just-another-wacko-who-wants-attention.

-----------------

Lina ran though the city, she noticed that people didn't even seem feaked out that there was a huge change or maybe they didn't even remember what the city looked like and she was the only one. Of course maybe she wasn't since it was still about 10 minutes after sunrise, so not many people were about.

She spotted Yami, well anybody could have spotted him in a crowd of a million with his looks. Lina couldn't help it and ran over to him, but was stopped when someone grabbed her shoulder.

"Lina." A cold, but yet warm at the same time said her name.

"Zel?!" Lina whirled around and gave him a hug," I'm so glad to see you. Nice outfit."

Zel blushed," Thanks."

Lina backed away a few steps and studied his outfit. A light peach color pants and tunic. He was wearing two brown belts and he also had his sword.

"At least your outfit is more normal then Yami's." Lina said. Zel gave her a skeptical look.

"You've already seen Yami. But it's so early, when did you see him?" Zel asked. Lina turned to find Yami and easily spotted him.

"How could I not see him? Look over there." Lina pointed towards Yami and Zel tried to see where she was pointing and in seconds easily spotted Yami.

"That's funny. I've never thought of Yami was....." Zel stopped when he spotted Xellos waving at him from somewhere behind Yami, who was just staring at his house.

"Do you think Xellos freezed Yami?" Lina asked.

"Maybe, Xellos could do that and give no reason why he did it." Zel said.

"No FAIR!!! Why does everybody else get to torture him and I'm left watching?!?! Why?!" Lina shouted.

Zel sweatdropped.

-------------------

'Yugi's house looks very different. I wonder if he's awake.' Yami was staring at his parent's house when someebody's yelling caught his attention. He turned to see Lina glaring at somebody behind him.

"Why HELLO YAMI-KUN!!" Yami turned slowly while mutting curses.' Of all the people it had to be him!'

"HELLO Yami! I don't think you heard me the first time." Xellos said.

'More like hell-o.'"Hi, Xellos. Would you please go bother Lina right now?" Yami asked almost pleadingly.

"Fine, but I won't be your friend anymore. You're mean." Xellos said in a childish voice before running towards Lina who could be heard yelling 'Stay away! Or you'll know the true meaning of hell-o!'

Yami snickered and then wondered how Lina could've thought of such a clever thing. 'Great minds think alike.' He shuddered at the thought of Lina and him having the same thoughts and dreams.

"Yami!!" Yami looked up to see Yugi, dressed up in a blue tunic, running up to him. Yugi backed one step away after taking a look at Yami's outfit.

"Yugi!!!Yami!!!!" They both turned to see Shizuka along with Jou running up to them . Jou was wearing a green t-shirt and pants with forest green armour while Shizuka was wearin a simple short light pink dress.

"I think this is adressed to Lina, but I think you'll be able to give it her without getting killed." Jou said while grinning sheepishly," I accidentally said she was flat-chested."

Yami glared at Jou,"Oh, and you think she'll take the letter from me nicely? I'll probably end up dead anyways."

"Whoa, man, I thought you were always confident that you are the one that hates her and she hates you. And that you are so much stronger than her, but ..." Jou stopped when Yami gave him the death glare," I'll be quiet."

Yami snatched the letter and started walking towards Lina who was trying to hurt Xellos.

----------------

"Hey, Inverse!" Yami called. Lina looked at him.

"OH NOOO! Now he's come to torture me too! It's your falt Xelloss!"Lina shouted.

"Actually, Jou told me to give this to you. It says 'To: Inverse Family'" Yami said handing her the letter. Lina snatched it away from him and glared before opening the letter. She quickly read it over.

Dear Inverse Family,

I've heard that you are the most powerful sorcerers in this land. I'd be very happy if you'll join me. We can form osme sort of alliance. Some other sorcerers are revolting against the changes I've made around here, but really, it's much better this way. I am now ruler of all of Japan and the changes I've made are quite better. Think it over, my palace in the northern tip of this country.

-The Purple Dragon, Rinaday

Lina growled. That stupid dragon can't just fly in and take over Japan, plus the changes really bothered her. For one thing all her favorite food was no more.

She scrunched up the letter and thew it over her shoulder, carefully aiming for Xellos' head. She waited until she heard an 'itai!' from Xellos as the letter hit him square in the face and turned to Yami and Zel.

"I say we head north." Lina said and started walking that direction.

"Hey, wait up! Why north?" Zel said as he ran after her.

"ON TO ADVENTURE!!!" Xellos shouted enthusiastically.

Yami sighed and went to get the others. He also wanted to know why that direction and why go there?

----------------

Yugi and Shizuka were walking a few feet behind Jou and Yami who were slowly walking and keeping a big distance behind Lina and Zel, who had met up with Filia.

"This is some confusing day, isn't it?" Shizuka said.

"Yeah, and now it's like we're going on a big adventure. " Yugi said.

"This will probably be dangerous and fun. Just like those heroic made up stories, but this time they're real and we'll be the heros. Usually at the end of an adventure, there are couples, who got to know each other better during the journey. " Shizuka sighed," It's so romantic."

Yugi chuckled,"True, I mean about that first part.I hope my brother turns out be the hero."

"Me too. I also hope I don't die during this or get seriously hurt. I just hope nobody gets hurt, dead, kidnapped, tortured or any of those." Shizuka said seriously. Yugi nodded in agreement.

---------------------

"I bet she's up to something." Yami muttered.

"Come on, lighten up! At least we're going on an adventure. If that's what Xellos really meant." Jou said.

"BOOO!!!" Xellos shouted jumping behind Lina.

"Buzz off!" Lina shouted back.

------------------

"Do you remember you plans?" A small blue dragon with a ripped-at-the-edges cape.

"Yes." A violet teddy bear answered and saluted.

"If the youngest daughter of the Inverse household disagrees with us, we'll have to make her agree." The dargon said.

"The plan will have to work in order to make her agree or at least be forced to agree." The violet bear said.

The dragon nodded and shooed him of," Go on your way. He commanded us to get her on our side as fast as possible, so go!"

----------------------

Lina and Yami started yet another glaring contest over the fire that night. Yugi, Shizuka and Jou moved away from the fire because Lina and Yami's glaring contest was getting very scary to watch without getting nightmares. Everybody yawned and agreed to go to sleep.

There was a rustle in the bushes and a 'ow!'

Shizuka yelped and backed away from the bush behind her. Yugi, who was getting very sleepy, held Shizuka close to him in a protective way just in case whatever it was decided to attack.

Lina and Zelgadis didn't even bother to look up when they felt the familiar aura.

"Filia, what are you doing here?" Zel asked as she stumbled out of the bush and Gourry came running thought the bushes scaring Shizuka and Yugi very much.

"Lina! Zel! There you are! I was worried something had happened to you!" Gourry said and sat down by the fire.

"Well, hello! Jellyfish for brains!" Lina said sarcastically.

---------------

Filia sighed and looked around the fire at the sleeping forms. Lina had gone of to sleep with her head resting on Zel's shoulder. Lina and Zel were both sleeping against a tree, like the others. Shizuka was laying close to Yugi and Jou and Yami was the only ones alone.

"Couple #1, Shizuka and Yugi, over there and couple #2, Zel and Lina over there." Filia said pointing to the two couples.

"Why can't Xellos be here? I admit I'm starting to miss his annoying attitude." Filia whispered. Sure they had arguements in the past and fought a lot, but....

Filia yawned and stopped her train of thoughts. She put a finger on her chin as she started to think who to pair Yami up with.

"Martina is too wierd, Anzu talks too much about friendship and her speeches are too boring, Lina hates him, Sylphiel is too sweet, but she's okay, Mai, could be a possibility and Amelia talks too much about justice and is very obsessed with Zel at the moment." Filia thought over the possibilites until she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

"Mind if I sit by you, Filia dear?" The purple haired teen asked. Filia nodded happily.

"Who do you think Yami would go best with?" Filia quickly asked.

"Tough question. But a tougher one is who would Martina go with?" Xellos said and Filia giggled.

"It'd be a miracle if she'd ever have a successful relationship." Filia said. Filia looked around at the other couples then at Xellos as he looked deeply into the fire. A deep crimson blush crossed Filia's face as she gently and a bit hesitantly rested her head on Xellos' shoulder as she felt herself go into a deep, peaceful sleep.

Xellos just kept watching the flames of the fire and was in deep thought,"hmmmmm....."

Xellos glanced at Yami in the corner of his eye and smirked.

-----------------

Lina opened her eyes and looked around trying to remember what happened the previous day.

Filia was sleeping on the ground by the now put-out fire with Xellos' cloak around her. Xellos was peacefully sleeping in a tree over Shizuka and Yugi, who were sleeping side-by-side. Zel had an arm around her so she couldn't get up without waking him up. Gourry was just snoozing away somewhere.

'He's a bit too protective at times.' Lina thought as she looked at Zel.

ROARRRR!!!!

Lina quickly got up and tied her cloak around her neck, then raced forward into the nearby clearing where the noise was coming from.

"What?" Everybody yawned and stirred after the interuption to their sleep. Zel, quickly noticing Lina missing, also ran towards the noise.

"Zel!! Wait!" Filia called, but Zel had already past by them.

"I guess he knows where Lina has gone." Xellos said then motioned for everybody to follow him, "It might be dangerous, but it might have something to do with the changes."

"Not now, Namagomi! Our friends are in trouble!" Filia cried as she also ran though the clearing.

----------------------

Lina saw the clearing ahead and a freezing cold wind greeted her as the trees parted to show a meadow. A teddy bear. Two white dragons flew alongside the teddy bear.

"cold.." Lina shivered and pulled her cloak closer around her. A white dragon breathed in then blew a fierce cold wind in her direction and some things froze on the edges.

"Don't you dare freeze her. She's the youngest daughter of the Inverse family." The bear warned.

"You know me?" Lina asked curiously.

"Of course! The girl who leaves chaos and destruction in her wake in our realm. Very famous you know." The bear chuckled," We couldn't hurt you, since we'll get beaten anyway."

"Uh....thanks for the compliment." Lina said and slowly made her way towards them.

"My name's Willi. I come from the other realm that you visit often. Gotten quite a reputation over there you know." Willi said.

"I know." Lina said.

"LINA!!!" Lina turned to see her friends running towards her. She turned and waved. She didn't see Willi's smirk and his eyes glow an eerie ice blue.

"Watch out!!" Zel pushed Lina out of the way of an ice attack.

"That's no teddy bear." Yami muttered," Are you two alright?"

Yami looked over to see Lina and Zel both blushing and giving each other a loving look," Nevermind."

"Thanks." Lina said as she and Zel got up.

"no problem." Zel replied.

"Hey, love birds!" Filia shouted over to them.

"Coming!" Lina shouted back and she and Zel ran back to the gang.

Lina cast a wind spell to blow Yami out of the way of an Ice dragon's attack. She gave him a thumbs up and ran towards the teddy bear.

Yami sat there with a dumbfounded expression on his face as Lina cast a flare arrow and the teddy bear barely dodged.

Lina started to mutter an incantation," DRAGON SLAVE!!!"

The teddy bear was blown apart as so was the rest of the are and dragons. Luckily, Zel cast a wind barrier to protect them.

-------------------

"That wasn't so tough!" Lina proclaimed as they walked through the a counrtyside type part of New Japan. She was walking ahead of everybody, walking proudly.

"Did you really have to do that?" Filia asked.

"yes.."Lina nodded," Or he would never get why, not to mess with Lina Inverse or her friends."

"But he only almost hurted Zel, Yami and you." Shizuka pointed out

"Does that mean the Lina Inverse cares about me?" Yami asked with a smirk.

"Don't push you luck mister! You should be grateful that I saved you, or I would have just watched you die." Lina shouted over her shoulder.

Suddenly Lina stopped and everybody almost crashed into her.

"WE FORGOT GOURRY!!! I think he's still asleep in that forest!!" Lina shouted .

A:N What other small challenges will they have to face? Who else will they meet? Will they find Gourry?

Stay tuned and.......

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!