Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ More Than Rivals ❯ Love Curse ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

More Than Rivals

By Sailor Crystal Star

Disclaimer: Go see chapter 1.

A:N Very, very sorry for the late update, but had too much schoolwork for the past weeks and finally got a break now. I'll try to update as soon as possible next time.

Chapter 5: The Love Curse

Lina and the others, after giving up on their search for Gourry, stood staring at the fork in the road. Both led somewhere, but there was no sign or anything that said which way leads where. The right road led into a forest and the other to a valley.

"Well, which way?" Lina asked looking at the others.

"Fix your own problems. Only this is OUR problem, so this is much as your problem as ours." Yami said with his arms crossed.

"Be quiet mister I'm-so-cool! I don't care for what you say!" Lina said and also crossed her arms.

"I think I might help." A quiet voice said from behind. They all turned to see Sylphiel standing there.

"Sylphiel?! What are you doing here?!" Filia asked.

"Well, I tried to find Gourry dear, but he was gone. I got worried and thought to go and look for him." She said.

"We can't find him too. He'll probably find his own way home, somehow." Jou said.

"So, you said that you can help us here." Lina said," Mind doing it right now. I have places to go, villians to make miserable, dragons to destroy."

"Dragons?" Filia asked nervously.

"I don't mean you Filia. Don't worry." Lina said reassuring, after sensing her friend's discomfort from the last statement," Now, can we please get a move on?"

"S-sure." Sylphiel said and took out a scepture, kneeling down inbetween the the two roads, the scepture started to glow.

"It's pretty, shiny..." Jou said, looking at the light the scepture was making, even if it was still day time.

The scepture dropped pointing to the right road. Sylphiel pointed to the road," That way."

"You mean it's as simple as dropping a stick?! " Lina shouted. Sylphiel nodded . Lina turned abruptly and started down the road.

"Well, are you guys coming or not?!" She shouted to the group.

---------------

A pair of red eyes glowed as they watched the group walk by. A deep growl escaped its mouth, and it shifted in the bushes.

As Zelgaids went by he eyed the bush suspisciously.' Somethings not right.'

---------------

At night, the group settle on a cliff at the edge of the forest, overlooking a small clearing and a meadow. Zel had agreed to take the first night shift and watch over them, since an enemy could easily take them prisoner or whatever if they all fell asleep without anybody to gaurd them.

Zel snapped a branch in half and looked at it for some time.

"What do you see in Lina anyway?" A voice asked.

"She's smart, funny, sometimes helpful, but it doesn't matter that she's greedy since I know she'll never hurt her friends. I guess she's caring too, when her friends are hurt or are going through a tough time." Zel said, knowing the voice was Yami's.

"I guess you're right...." Yami said after sometime, taking a seat beside Zel," Did you ever tell her? You know, that you have feelings for her?"

Zel chuckled," What did you do to the real Yami? The aswer would be no."

Yami blushed after sometime," Can you please forget that I asked you such a question? I'm just really sleepy."

"I can see that." Zel said," Did you ever or do you love somebody?"

"Well, I really love my brother, Yugi and my family..." Yami turned away," But...there's nobody else."

"I think you should go back to sleep." Zel said as Yami yawned," You're tired. I'll ask Jou or Xellos to take you shift since you've already stayed up late enough."

"I think you should tell Lina how you feel and maybe she'll quiet down a bit." Yami said as he went to find a comfortable place to sleep. He decided to sleep on a tree branch. Unfortunatley, Lina had chosen the same tree to sleep under.

Zel took a fond glance at Lina then turned back and watched the clouds pass by the moon.

------------

Yugi slowly opened his eyes. He blinked then sat up and looked around. Xellos, one of Lina's friends, was on his shift . He looked ahead to see the sun rising.

Yugi had never woke up this early before, but since he was the first, along with Lina, to fall asleep, he had slept soundly and was now wide awake. He quietly and gently took away his hand from Shizuka's shoulder and placed her gently against the tree roots.

He blushed then quickly stood up and walked over to Xellos. Maybe, just maybe, he could get to know Xellos better. He had heard that Xellos was usually really mysterious.

"My, my. Look who's the early bird." Xellos said," good morning."

"Good morning to you too. I've never woke to this hour before, but yesterday was very tiring." Yugi said and set down on a log.

"Xellos? I have a question to ask you." Yugi asked

"What is it?" Xellos said.

"When did my brother start hating Lina? When did it all begin?" Yugi asked. Xellos went into deep thought.

"Well, Yami was new here and just moved in and started a band. It wasn't called 'Shuffle' then, but 'Voice' or was it 'Shadow of Darkness' or something. Lina bumped into him at school that morning. She and Filia were walking to school together and I, as usual, was following them. She and Filia started argueing about something, which I keep forgetting and then Yami called her stubborn. She called him some other names and they started a name calling contest. It was quite a site." Xellos chuckled at the memory," Finally he challenged her to a game of duel monsters . Both were hot headed and Yami won. Lina challenged him to a sword duel, which she won. And then they kept on challenging each other and it got very competitive after that."

"That's why they're rivals? I thought it would be over something else." Yugi said.

"It's quite silly actually. I don't think either of them know what they were fighting about in the first place. You could say that started of on the wrong foot." Xellos said.

Yugi nodded then looked back at the sleeping form of Shizuka.

"Young love." Xellos said. Yugi blushed when he realized Xellos had caught him staring.

"You don't have to be embarassed. I've found out that you're not the only one. There's Zel and Lina, Sylphiel and Gourry, Shizuka and you, and even Filia with somebody. I can't figure out who." Xellos said taking a glance at Filia," She's acting strange. She's been acting like this ever since I gave some of my life force to her when she started to vanish back to her planet. Since dragons that are at half power can't last on earth long."

"You did that? That's so sweet. She had to be very grateful." Yugi said.

"I don't know. She gave me a confused and almost to tears look, before saying thank you in a whisper. I may be half mozuku, but I'm not that evil." Xellos said," Zelgadis is half golem. But it doesn't show, although he's very stronge.

"You people are strange. Half mozuku, half dragon, sorceress, half golem and from other planets. No wonder I don't hang with you guys." Yami said as he walked up to Yugi.

"Morning big brother." Yugi chirped.

"Mornin' So how's your crush going? Did Shizuka give you a good night kiss?" Yami asked teasingly.

"YAMI! How much have you heard?!"

---------------

The group stopped once again, in front of a lake that was glowing a faint amber red.

"Wierd forests, back in time villages, no electricity, no planes, no technology and now a red lake? Yep, the dragon really did mess up Earth." Yami said.

"I've hear of the Red Sea, but this is ridiculus!" Lina shouted.

Zel put a hand in the water, then scooped something out. The whole lake stopped glowing.

"Wow! Give that to me!" Lina snatched the stone from Zel's hands.

"It's amber." Shizuka said.

"It's mine!" Lina shouted and hugged it possesively," I want to be the one getting rich!"

"Lina! I sense strange enchanted magic coming from it." Sylphiel said. Lina fumbled with the stone nervously and it dropped. Yami quickly scooped it up and it flashed for a split second before Lina grabbed it out of his hands.

"MINE!! All mine!! I don't care if its cursed!" Lina shouted, putting on a very angry face at Yami.

"Cute" Yami muttered.

"What was that?" Lina asked her eyes widening.

"I called you cute." Yami said calmly, then knelt to one knee in front of her,"I realized now that you're the most beautiful person I have ever seen."

Zel glared at Yami and everybody else just stared. A wind blew by.

A beat.

"WHAT THE?!?!" Lina shouted.

"You yelling doesn't suite you, but your voice still does. It's like the sweetest music I have heard." Yami said poetically.

"Miss Lina, it is cursed!" Yugi shouted," Yami actually said something nice, to a girl too!"

---------------

Everybody sat at near the lake at the meadow, with Yami giving Lina a head-over-heals-in-love-with-you look , which made him look scary and everybody else trying to think up where to find a cure or something that will stop the curse.

"To bad Martina didn't come with us. She's an expert on curse." Filia said.

"Yeah, she's cursed me 52 times already." Lina grumbled.

"She did?! I will get revenge on the person who would hurt my dear Lina!" Yami said striking a heroic pose.

"Oh, give it up Lovey-dovey boy!" Lina shouted and smacked him over the head, very hard.

"Your love is too much." Yami said, before kissing her on the cheeck.

"Get Leather and Buckle-boy away from me!" Lina shouted and Zel promptly took hold of the back of Yami's black tunic and pulling him away from Lina.

"Stay away or you'll pay!" Zel said sitting down next to Lina.

"These ryhmes and poems are driving me crazy already." Lina shouted.

"It's a miracle she hasn't dragon slaved him yet. He's last the longest yet." Sylphiel whispered to Filia.

"That's right."

"You hate the ones you love, don't you Lina-CHAN?" Yami asked, taking a hold of her wrist.

Lina pushed him away and yelled very desperately," GET HIM AWAY FROM ME!!!"