Slayers Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ More Than Rivals ❯ Truth ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

More Than Rivals

By Sailor Crystal Star

Disclaimer: I do not own Slayers or Yu-gi-oh! .

Chapter 6: Truth

"Oh, but you look so lovely."

"No!"

"Pwease?"

"No!"

"Can I please sit by you?"

Lina moved to the next seat as Yami sat by her again. She had been really trying to get away from love-cursed teenager. They were at a resturuant, getting some food to eat. All of them were starving!

Sylphiel had explained that the curse only worked when Yami touched it, because he was the only one without stronge magical abilities. Since Zel and Lina had powerful magic it didn't effect them at all.

Lina hit Yami over the head and moved two more seats away. Zel took the oportunity to sit between Yami and Lina. He shot a glare in Yami's direction, but it didn't faze Yami a bit. Jou slid next to the other side of Lina. Lina gave a sigh of relief.

Yami sat across from Lina and kept staring at her dreamily. She kept trying to avoid his gaze, but failed and could only glare in his direction.

Everyone else around the table sweatdropped.

~~~~

As they began to walk towards the next city, Zel took all his courage and linked his arm with Lina's. She blushed and looked questionly at him.

"I know Yami is cursed, but you too?" She asked.

"No." Then he came up with an excuse for linking his arm with hers. He whispered into her ear," I think this will keep lover-boy over there away from you for some time."

"Well, in that case." Lina said happily and held his arm in a death grip," I'm not letting go until the next town, or whatever the next place is."

"Look at them." Jou said, while walking with his hands in his pockets.

"I'm starting to think Zelgadis might be trying to keep Lina away from me." Yami said, eyeing Zel suspisciously.

"My, my...Isn't this fun?" Xellos asked cheerfully.

"No, it isn't." Zel said, grumpily. Xellos sweatdropped.

"Oh no!" They heard Lina whine. They all turned to see a wanted poster with her picture on it on a sign in the middle of the road. There was also Yami's, Xellos's, Filia's, Sylphiel's and Zelgadis's.

"Whoever it is that's trying to get us is after the magic users of the group." Zel said.

"That explains why Shizuka's and mines aren't on there." Yugi said.

"But, why are they after us?" Lina asked. They all turned to look at Xellos.

"Do you know anything about this?" Zel asked suspisciously.

"Well..." Xellos paused then wagged a finger in the air," That is a secret."

"Stupid half mozuko..." Lina muttered.

"Don't worry, Lina darling!" Yami said with extreme enthusiam," I'll protect you no matter what! I'll always stay by your side! I'll-"

WHACK!

Zel and Lina had both bonked him over the head.

"Shut up.." Lina said dangerously while Zelgadis said," Stay away from her..."

Lina gave Zel a questioning glance for his rather odd behaviour. Zel laughed nervously.

"Had too much coffee this morning, The inn had the BEST! I tend to behave odd when drinking too much.yeah, that's it! Yeah..hehe.." Zel stammered an excuse.

Lina just eyed him suspisciouly and nodded.

~~~~

As the group went on, all being hungry by now and very sleepy. Yugi and Shizuka had both ran ahead of the group, still energatic and so was Yami, but he was happily walking alongside Lina.

"Hurry! Hurry! There's a city just over this hill!" Shizuka shouted for them, by now being on top of a hill.

"We're coming!"

As they neared they saw that there was a pretty big city. There was also a huge castle on the other side. They noticed that everything around the city and in the city was gloomy as though an evilish force was here.

"I think this is the end of our journey. Didn't take that long? Did it?" Filia asked in an uncertain voice.

"I think this is it, for sure. I can sense some strange powers surrounding the castle." Sylphiel said.

"So...how are we going to get through to the castle without being noticed?" Lina asked.

"Disguises would work." Xellos suggested.

"I think that's your first suggestion ever." Lina said, part sarcastically and the other part somewhat proudly.

"How about we just switch, change and add some things to our current clothes." Filia suggested.

~~~~

After the group had changed their appearances, they marched into town.

"Look! An all-you-can-eat-buffet!" Lina shouted happily," And it's in an INN too."

"Maybe it has coffee." Zel trailed of. Some of them eyed Zel stangely.

"FOOD!" Lina ran into the buffet followed by the others.

~~~~

"How can you eat so much and still be beautiful, truly it is a part of your..." Yami tried to think up a word for it, while Lina ignored him. She was sitting between Yami and Zel, who was still glaring at Yami," Charm!"

They were in the Inn, eating in the buffet. There was a big party also going on there. Singers, musicians and other performances were being done at the Inn. Sylphiel had went to search for a book in library that may give a clue about Yami's curse, since this was the town closest to the lake with the stone.

"Um..Mr.Zel?" Sylphiel tapped his shoulder. Zel gave a death glare at Yami, was getting a bit too close to Lina, before turning to Sylphiel.

"Would you please stop glaring. It's making the rest of us uncomfortable..." Sylphiel pleaded," It's starting to creep me."

Zel muttered something, then uttered," Fine."

Zelgadis went back to sipping cofffe while Yami went on to complimenting Lina.

"You there, the weird haired fellow by the red-headed young lady!"

Lina looked up when some guy from the stage, pointed towards Yami.

"I've been watching both of you and you've been complimenting her since you both got here."

The group didn't get where he was going with that.

"Are you lovers? And if yes, would you like to sing a songs, a duet perhaps?"

Lina shouted 'no' the same time Yami shouted 'yes'. She glared at him.

"Might as well tell them." Yami said and grinned foolishly. Lina looked like she could kill him then and there.

Yami grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the stage, while she tried to free herself from his grasp. When they got there, Lina was turned dumbfounded seeing the people staring intently at her.

"So, what will you two sing?" The man asked.

"Nothing!" Lina cried and tried to get away, but Yami held her firmly.

"Nothing, is that a song?" The man asked with a dumb expression.

"No!"

"Uhh."

"We'll just sing 'Come What May'" Yami said.

"That song?!" Lina screeched again.

"Lina.." Yami whispered, quite seriously," Don't make a big scene. They'll get suspiscious"

"Fine. I'll sing." Lina said," And only this once and another song!"

"Then it's settled!" Yami said too cheefully for his own good.

~~~~

Zelgadis clenched his fists and tried not to glare. His right eye began to twitch slightly.

"Mr.Zelgadis?" This time Shizuka tapped on his shoulder," You're scaring me."

Zelgadis looked to see all his companions looking at him with a scared expression. Xellos didn't seem to notice, but Filia looked concerned.

"I'm going to my room." Zel said and walked of.

"Poor, Mr. Zelgadis." Shizuka said.

"Having to see Lina and Yami together is too much for him, it seems." Xellos said.

"I can go talk to him. To find out what is really chewing him up." Filia suggested.

"I think that's a good idea." Yugi said.

~~~~

"Zel?" Filia asked as she knocked on his door.

"What is it?" He asked, grumpily.

"It's me Filia. There's something I need to talk to you about."

"Fine. There's nothing else for me to do, then talk."

Filia opened the door and entered. Zelgadis was leaning againstthe railing of the balcony.

"Oh, wow! They have a balcony too." She said, running over to him.

Zel's eyes wre downcast and shadowed, so she couldn't figure out his expression.

"Um...Zel? The reason I wanted to talk to you is because we're getting worried. We know that Yami getting cursed and acting all lovey-dovey over Lina is making it harder for you to confess to her." Filia began," Also, do you really love Lina? How will you take it if Lina falls for Yami? All of us know that Yami and Lina really do care for each other, ever since the basement trap."

"Lina and I met some years ago. " Zel began," Everybody just saw how strong and athletic I was. Nobody even though about challenging me and some where even scared I might use my strength against them. They only saw me for my strength and also because of my coldness. I really tried to avoid people as much as possible."

Zel faced to look up at the moon," Lina and I met when she first moved to the city. She was walking towards school and I was curious to who she was. Some bully started to pick on her, but she kept a straight and determined face on. She didn't even seem to worry when she saw them. I was getting worried they might hurt her. She had yelled back soem pretty colorful words back at them to their suprise. For her, it seemed as though they were nothing, but some kids looking for trouble. When I couldn't hold it any longer, I ran up to them and them, knowing who I was, ran away. She told me she could have handled it herself. I almost believed her, but it was still amazing how she handled the situation. "

"She saw through your strength and found the real you, right?" Filia guessed. Zel nodded.

"After time, we became fast friends and then learned about each other's magical abilities. We also fought of some monsters, demons and other evil things from the other Realm." Zel explained," I first respected her very much and also started to actually care for somebody. Later on, I started to fall for her. And now, I've fallen and fallen hard."

"aww.." Filia was quite speechless.

"There you both are!"

They both turned to see a very annoyed Lina with a happy Yami holding her hand. She snatched her hand away and then smacked him over the head.

"Zel!" Lina cried, almost in a child like manner. She ran up to hug him and didn't let go," Why did you leave?!Yami made me sing and then I wanted to ask you to sing our favorite song together when I told them that I wanted to sing with somebody else for a change! But you weren't there!"

Zel got a butterfly feeling in his stomache when she didn't let go. Xellos appeared in the doorway and was about to say something when Zel gave him a warning glare.

"You have to forgive her for acting strangely, but Yami has gotten unto her nerves and I think the stress actually got to her." Xellos explained," That explains why she isn't moving."

Zel saw that Xellos was right and Lina's eyes were now closed and she was ligtly sleeping.

"Also, we found how to cure Yami." Sylphiel said, walking up from behind Xellos.

"You did?!" Filia and Zel exclaimed.

A:N So sorry for ending it there, but my schoolwork, projects and other school related things have really been in the way. I'm going to be writing faster and more during my two week vacation now, so the next chapter will be up MUCH sooner!