Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ Decisions, Love, and Confessions ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Decisions, Love and Confessions

Downstairs (before and during the previous scene)…

"So that's what happened."

King Philoniel only shook his head in amazement. He had no idea Amelia had felt that way for Zelgadis. But he had no idea what to do. If she had only married him or something before he had shown up, then would have probably been able to convince Harry's father, Kerry Loubrev, about Amelia's headstrong nature and her love for this other person. But now…

Phil sighed. "I am so sorry about this Miss Lina. If I had only realized sooner. Unfortunately, there is still nothing I can do. Amelia has to marry Harry here." He heaved another sigh. "Oh, I just don't know what to do!"

Lina just shook her head and looked toward Gourry who was smiling at Phil. "Hey, Phil, don't worry about it too much now. Wait till tomorrow. Right now you need some sleep, I can tell." Gourry nodded encouragingly as he led Phil to one of the rooms. "Here you go." Gourry turned to Lina with a gentle smile and gave a light wave. He then turned back to Phil.

Harry was just gazing at the woman who had told them the story. He knew she and his cousin had a relationship, but he couldn't tell to what extent. He turned to the others. The other two had stayed behind trying to get their children to go to sleep. Lina's story had certainly helped. It was then that he noticed the woman standing at the door silently with tears in her eyes. He blinked and straightened, making Lina notice her as well.

"Sylphiel!"

Sylphiel headed straight for Lina and gave her a hug. Lina smiled at her old friend. "It was about time you got here, Sylphiel. We were really starting to get worried about you."

"Oh, Miss Lina! I heard the whole story! Poor Miss Amelia. Everyone knew she and Mr. Zelgadis cared for each other. I assumed her father did as well." She blinked when she noticed Harry. She suddenly had a perplexed look on her face as she studied him. "Gourry dear?"

Lina shook her head. "Nope, Sylphiel. This is Harry Loubrev, the guy engaged to Amelia and also Gourry's cousin. It was a real shocker to find out about that one."

"I see." Her eyes suddenly widened. "Oh, yes! I remember you now! You were the boy who couldn't play with the others because you were in etiquette classes and the like, right?" Harry nodded. The quiet woman gave Harry a sweet smile. "I hope everything comes out well. Amelia really loves Mr. Zelgadis. I just hope that you're not hurt in the process."

Harry only nodded slightly as he lost himself in her brilliant green eyes.

"Oh, Mr. Xellos!"

Filia and Xellos looked up to see Sylphiel approaching them, Lina right behind her. "Well, hello, Sylphiel. It has been a long time, hasn't it? How has Sairaag been coming along?"

Sylphiel nodded. "We've been rebuilding steadily. Though after Phibrizzo came, the town was never the same. The Holy Tree Flagoon is gone now and many of the people are desolate because of that. What we are in the process of doing is putting up a memorial for Flagoon and the people who died during the Copy Rezo incident where Flagoon used to be. Maybe that would help the people of Sairaag now… or what is left of them."

"Um…excuse me?"

Sylphiel turned to the blonde woman beside Xellos, two children sleeping in her lap. Sylphiel smiled at her just before Lina introduced them.

"Sylphiel, this is Filia, a golden dragon who helped us with Dark Star after the Phibrizzo incident. She's married to Xellos now and the purple haired child is their son, Havran. The green haired one is an Ancient Dragon called Val that Filia raised as her own. Filia, this is Sylphiel, a childhood friend of Gourry's who helped us with Copy Rezo and Phibrizzo."

Filia smiled. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

Sylphiel smiled in return. "Likewise. I'm happy Mr. Xellos found someone."

Filia chuckled as Xellos made a face. She felt a movement on her lap and looked at the children with a sigh. "I'm sorry, I have to put these two to bed. Maybe tomorrow we can talk some more."

Sylphiel nodded. "I would like that. I'd also like to meet your children." She turned to Xellos with a smile. "It was a pleasure seeing you again Mr. Xellos. Maybe tomorrow we can catch up better."

"I'm sure we will, Sylphiel."

With that the family got up and headed to their connecting bedrooms. Lina shook her head; she had ordered an eight-bedroom condo so that everyone could have his or her own room and an extra one came in the package. She never figured that she'd have all these extra people show up and that so many would be sleeping in the same rooms.

She swallowed in nervousness. One of those people just happened to be her as well. She shook her head and turned to Sylphiel. "Pick a vacant room, you too, Harry, and get some sleep. Tomorrow the reunion will continue and we have plenty of things to discuss and secrets to disclose. So get ready you guys. Night!"

Sylphiel and Harry watched Lina hurry to the rooms. They then smiled at each other and sat down at the table for some of the still hot tea that Filia had made during Lina's story about Amelia and Zelgadis. Sylphiel poured cups for the both of them and she smiled at him.

Wow, she thought to herself, he was certainly identical to Gourry dear. But she couldn't help but wonder how identical he was.

Harry smiled back and felt such relief. For some reason this woman, this childhood friend of Gourry's, made him feel comfortable and more like himself again. Maybe she was the one he needed to talk to about his present situation.

"Miss Sylphiel?"

"Yes?"

"I really don't know what to do. I've loved Amelia since I was young and now to think that I might not marry her because of this current situation…I don't know what to do. I want her to be happy…but I want her as well. Part of me wants to challenge, Mr. Zelgadis-"

"Oh no! Don't do that!"

Harry blinked in surprise. "I said a part of me wants to do that. But why did you become so upset?"

"Because I am sure Miss Amelia wouldn't want either of you to be hurt. And unlike you, I have seen Mr. Zelgadis in action. I'm not sure what your skill is, but Mr. Zelgadis is an excellent swordsman and sorcerer. He's cold, calculated and heartless. Most warriors would never stand a chance against him." Her green eyes trembled. "Besides, even if you could handle him, I'm sure Miss Amelia wouldn't stand for such a battle over her hand. I know I wouldn't."

"Would you battle someone that held the heart of the one you loved?"

Sylphiel's eyes widened in surprise. Her face grew red as she turned her attention to her fingers. "Why do you ask a question like that?"

"Maybe I should be more specific. Would you battle Miss Lina for Gourry's love?"

Sylphiel looked up and his blue eyes bore into her green ones. She swallowed as her mind raced with a possible answer. What could she say to that? She shook her head and looked at Harry dead in the eye. "What do you mean? Miss Lina told me the only reason she was with Gourry dear was because of the Sword of Light-"

"Gourry lost the Sword of Light a long time ago."

Sylphiel gasped in shock. She turned her gaze away, her eyes sad as she looked down at her hands. She then gave a light sigh and turned back to Harry. "Miss Lina risked her life for me once and was almost killed. She would have sacrificed the world and herself for Gourry another time. If Miss Lina has fallen in love with Gourry dear, and he with her, what else can I do? I love him and I love her too. They are my dearest and closest friends even if I haven't seen them in such a long time. We have shared adventures and happy times together. If they are happy together then I want them to be happy."

"Even if it tears you up inside and drives you nuts because it isn't you he wants but her?"

Sylphiel turned to Harry's eyes and smiled at him. Harry's heart sped up in his chest. "I'm sure if Gourry dear really loves Miss Lina then they'll be happy. And if they're happy, I'm happy. Gourry and Lina are the most important people to me. They're my friends. It would hurt for a little bit, but with them helping me, I'm sure I'll find someone else to love in no time." She then blinked and gazed at Harry in confusion. "But what brought on these kind of questions?"

Harry blinked in confusion and turned pink. He turned away from her and sighed. "Not only my situation with Amelia, but I remembered that you were crazy in love with Gourry. I noticed that Miss Lina and Gourry were definitely a couple. So I figured you would be in the same position as me."

Sylphiel smiled as she bent her head to look into his downcast eyes. "Don't worry."

"But there's more." She blinked in surprise, but then smiled at him waiting for him to continue. He sighed and his eyes grew distant. "It was a contract my father and King Philoniel had decided on long ago. I can't break my word just like Amelia can't break hers. If either one of us do, we dishonor our fathers."

"But what if you both do?"

"Huh?"

"What if you both fall in love with someone else and decide to marry them? If you like I'll volunteer!" Sylphiel turned bright pink for an instant but quickly continued talking. "If what you say is true about Miss Lina and Gourry dear, then there really isn't much I can do. All I can really do is wish them the most happiness, demand that Lina let me be a bridesmaid, and find myself someone who I'll love more than Gourry dear. You should do the same. Find someone you love more, (and quickly so your father won't be too upset) become friends with Mr. Zelgadis and wish them both the best."

He only nodded, ignoring Sylphiel's sudden blush as she realized what she had said and stood up. "I think its about time we went to sleep. I'm sure there is two rooms left."

Sylphiel stood up with a smile, her blush fading in relief at the change in subject. "Yes. I am tired from my long trip here. I could use some rest and tomorrow the hot springs!"

He just laughed and he walked her to her room. When they arrived at her room he opened the door for her and bowed gallantly. He stared into her beautiful eyes. Harry smiled at the lovely woman with the quiet voice and kind emerald eyes. "Thank you, Sylphiel."

She smiled at him. "You're welcome, Harry."

"What are you smiling about, Filia?" Xellos said as he saw the dragon pressing her long ears against the wall.

"Shhh! I'm trying to hear what Miss Sylphiel and Mr. Harry are saying. You know how simple it would be for Amelia and Zelgadis if they fell for each other! I just hope they do."

Xellos shook his head as he silently went to her and pulled her away from the door, tossing his cape and staff aside. "Indeed. It would also be convenient for Lina and Gourry. Two birds with one stone."

"That isn't a very appropriate metaphor, Xellos." She blinked as she turned to face him, oblivious to being wrapped in his arms. "What do you mean about Lina and Gourry?"

"Oh, yes. That's right, you don't know, Filia. Sylphiel has been in love with Gourry for quite some time, I believe."

Filia blinked in surprise and then nodded, not noticing that Xellos was slowly removing what was left of her clothes. "Yes, the two of them must get together for the sake of Amelia, Zelgadis, Lina and Gourry's happiness!"

"Yes…they should." Xellos bent his head down to Filia's neck and began nibbling at her neck. That was when she noticed her nude state and gasped. When had he gone and done that without me noticing?!

Xellos pulled her hair, making her neck arch as he continued his torture. Filia gave a low moan, her hands digging into his hair. "Xellos, what are you doing?"

He lifted his head from her neck and his evil eyes flaring with desire stared into her glazed ones. "What does it feel like, Filia? I'm going to drive you over the brink as usual and make the wild dragon come out again. You know I can never get enough of taking you, Filia."

"Oh, for crying out loud, Xellos! You don't have to be so wordy! Just say you're making love to me and then get on with it!"

He gave her an evil smile as he tossed her onto the bed and teleported out of his clothing, appearing on top of her. "Oh, but, Filia darling. We monsters don't 'make love', remember? We feel lust and have wild, carnal sex."

Filia just arched up against him, her need already overtaking her, and her nails raked down his back. "Just shut up and love me, Xellos." And with that she leaned up and kissed him.

His eyes flared wide for a moment, overwhelming and surprising him. That was what always happened when her pure soul called to his dark one and they melded together. When their powers blended it had devastating affects. The same thing happen when their souls meshed. It was a cataclysm of pleasure. But all thought quickly vanished. His mind was gone and all he knew was the wild dragon in his arms that made him lose himself into her purity. She lay utterly willing and aching in his arms as he moved over her his mind lost within the ecstasy she gave him.

Filia touched his hot skin, her hands moving over him, wrapping around to his back, pulling him down upon her. She opened her legs, cradling him between her thighs as his mouth found hers and fed hungrily of the nectar that flowed from her lips. He kissed her endlessly as her body arched against his, needing the flesh to flesh contact, needing him inside her knowing that they were one being and one soul despite their ancient differences. He tore himself away wanting to touch her everywhere and brand her body with his greedy touch and to look his fill at her perfection. He gazed at her bared breasts for what seemed like an eternity, Filia being swallowed in the heat of his eyes, and then abruptly ending the spell, he took a breast in his mouth and sucked violently, swallowing her whole. She cried out his name, her hand digging into his scalp, her legs wrapped around his waist, rubbing herself against him earnestly. His hands moved over her body, exciting her beyond measure, his mouth still feasting on her yearning flesh, the heat escalating at an alarming rate fueling their need.

Xellos then turned over, taking her with him. Filia sat up on top of him, her enflamed expression and body arching with ecstasy, her hair flying over them as she lowered her head to his aching manhood. She then took him into her mouth, needing that contact, wanting to feel his heated, engorged flesh on her tongue and in her mouth. He hoarsely bellowed her name, his body shaking with a need that overwhelmed everything he had ever known. He took her by the shoulders and lifted her away from him, pushing her down onto the bed, his body covering her completely. His aching hardness still wet from her tongue was pressing against her torturingly, until he stabbed through her tight muscles, her back and hips arching to accommodate his girth. Once inside to the hilt, he began to slam his body into her, his body forcefully ramming itself into her aching and needy flesh. Her muscles milked him with each hard thrust as he forced himself deeper and deeper into her, stretching her and feeding her need. She thrust eagerly in return wanting him so deep inside her that it no longer mattered who or what they were. As she took his force and mindless pummeling, they began to feel the fire that burned them beyond the point of pain, beyond the point of feeling anything but the pleasure of their bodies uniting in a fierce mating ritual. A fierce ritual that led them to a cataclysmic upheaval that exploded in their senses, blinding with the fire of their passion. The explosion of ecstasy flowed through them like waves of wind in a hurricane as they clashed together, leaving them drained. Filia wept with the force of her climax, her body meshed with his, their sweat and tears mingling together as one.

They lay there, their breathing harsh and united, their hearts beating to the same rhythm as their blood still rushed through their veins fueled by adrenaline that had not yet been sated. Xellos took her lips once more savoring the sweet nectar of her passion, and it began again, the endless desire that burned through them both.

He thrust into her again, bringing a groan to her lips. He lifted himself off of her, his body still in hers, and turned her, so she faced the pillows and her derriere pressed tight against his body. Her breathing grew harsh and uncontrolled, as his hand parted her flesh, exposing the tender bud to his coarseness and rough attention. Crying out his name, she lifted her hips pulling him deeper into the well of her desire, and exposing herself all the more to his questing hand. He learned her, his hand and mouth tantalizing her and bringing her heated body to the flames once more. He cupped her breasts and pressed her against him, his hands kneading the flesh expertly, holding her captive so she could nothing but let him take his time. He thrust into her, bringing her down so she knelt, bent over, her flesh in his hands, and her neck exposed to his teeth.

He began to make love to her that way, her body opening to his touch and to his will. He thrust into her slowly, savoring the delicious sensation he had never felt until her. Purposefully he took her, driving her mad and desperate until she was pleading with him. And still he continued until he found the spot in her body that would drive her insane.

He slammed into her now; his driving, endless ramming into a place in her body that stimulated every nerve and drove her beyond the brink. She screamed his name, franticly trying to meet his thrusts, to find that blessed completion, but he only continued his torture. Unable to take any more, she reached behind her and let her nails scrape across his shoulders, bringing him into the insanity he had taken her to. He screamed her name and plunged into her incessantly, reaching into her womb in his desperation to claim her.

He took her with such savage intensity that when they both blasted into the heavens, for surely they had left their bodies behind, she thought his quiet emotional whisper was a dream.

"I love you."

Lina was looking at Gourry's door. What was she doing? What was she going to do? After all they really were man and wife. She had married him and spent an entire night and morning with him. She knew what it felt like to have Gourry hold her and kiss her and… She gulped. She shook her head. No, she wasn't here just because they were married or anything like that. She wanted to finally tell him how she felt. But after she told him would she then go to her own room? Or would she stay with him? Lina was bright red by this point and her heart was throbbing in her chest. Lord! You wouldn't know she was a grown woman! She was acting as giddy as a schoolgirl again.

She shook her head once more, preparing herself and lifted her hand to knock on the door. But before her knuckles ever rapped on the door, Gourry opened it.

Lina and Gourry blinked at each other in surprise. He was shirtless, his hair wet and a towel hanging around his shoulders. Her face grew red almost instantly as her mind wandered to what that body had done to her and she had done to it. She could almost see her teeth and nail marks on his shoulders…

Gourry blinked in surprise as Lina turned even redder. Then he smiled. She seemed to grow even more confused. He never knew he could drive Lina to such a distraction. He had decided just moments ago that he was going to go to her room and wait for her there so he could tell her how he felt. He opened the door and there she was!

"Uh…Lina? Are you going to come in?"

"Huh?" Lina blinked and then shook her head as Gourry stepped back to let her in. She walked in, her eyes still on him as he continued to dry his long blonde hair. She closed the door lightly behind her and gathered up all of her courage.

"Gourry?"

"Lina?"

They started in surprise when they both spoke at the same moment. They abruptly burst out laughing, Gourry sitting on the bed and Lina on the chest in front of the full-sized bed. Once their laughter had subsided, they ended up staring into each other's eyes, all their unspoken feeling rising to the surface to choke their courage.

"Lina, you can go first if you want."

"No, it's all right, Gourry, go ahead."

Gourry sighed and tossed the towel aside. He then turned to her, his heart swelling. How was he going to tell her? She never took him seriously… no, that wasn't true. She did sometimes. He shook himself mentally. Now was not the time for doubt, Gourry Gabriev, he told himself. Now was the time for guts. He had to tell Lina how he felt about her!

Here goes nothing. "Lina…I just wanted to tell you that I'm not sorry."

Lina blinked in surprise. She could tell he had been struggling internally to get out what he was going to say, but that wasn't what she had expected. But before she could make a reply to that comment, Gourry continued. "I'm not sorry for marrying you even if we didn't know what we were doing. I don't want to get unmarried and I don't feel bad about this." He looked up into her eyes, eyes that were wide with shock. "I know you probably won't believe me, Lina, but I've been wanting to get married to you for a long time. I've…loved you for a long time, but I've always been scared that you'd fireball me or that you wouldn't care or wouldn't want to be around me anymore, so I never told you. I'm sorry about that, but I'm not sorry for marrying you and for loving you, Lina."

Lina could have sworn her heart stopped in her chest. She couldn't believe it. Gourry was confessing his love to her. Her eyes were wide with shock. She just couldn't…She was so…

Gourry had expected lots of things. A fireball, a shriek, mockery, plenty of negative reactions. But he had never expected what actually happened. Lina's eyes filled with tears and then she threw herself at him, her arms wrapping around him as she buried her face against his neck.

"Uh…Lina?"

"Gourry! I was just going to tell you the same thing! I realized I loved you a long time ago, but I was always afraid to tell you because I thought you only saw me a little kid or just a sister or someone to protect. I thought I wouldn't be anyone special to you ever! I thought I would always be 'just Lina' and that one day you would leave me to be with someone else!"

Gourry's face reflected his surprise and then he grinned. He pulled her even closer into his arms and then kissed her (quite thoroughly) on the lips. Lina was shocked for an instant, but then she was lost in the kiss.

When he pulled away he looked down into her glassy, dazed eyes and grinned. "From now on, Lina, you're my wife, got it?"

Lina smiled up at him. "Got it, Gourry."