Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ Enter Luna Inverse! ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Enter Luna Inverse!

Little Val slowly opened his sleepy eyes. He'd been having a sugarplum dream with his parents doing a puppet show for him when something had awakened him. His fisted hands rubbed against his eyes as he slid out of bed. He yawned widely and made sure Havran was still sleeping. He stuck out his tongue at his little brother and smiled to himself as he sneaked out of the room.

He walked in a sleepy daze past all the rooms. Some people were snoring and some other rooms had the funny noises that his mom and dad make all the time. He ignored it all and headed for the parlor. He yawned again and wished whatever had woke him up would make him go to sleep again.

By the time Val got down to the parlor he thought he really was still sleeping but that the dream had changed. What had brought that thought was the figure before him. In the middle of the parlor there stood a beautiful lady, even more beautiful than his mommy. She was glowing with red and yellow lights and she smiled at him. He smiled back. She opened her arms for him and he went straight toward them without a worry. When she wrapped her arms around him, he felt a strange sensation burst through his body and his eyes widened.

A bright light burned between the woman and child and overwhelmed them, their figures no longer visible. When the light finally began to dim the woman was now in the arms of a man, with huge black Ancient Dragon wings spread. He slowly pulled back, his eyes opening as he gazed down at the woman in his arms. Val blinked in confusion and faint memories of his past existence came back. But unlike before he wasn't filled with pain or hatred. His new childhood had changed all of that.

He looked down at the woman in his arms, her eyes glowing as she smiled up at him. He had to find out who she was. "Who are you?"

She let out a small chuckle and leaned up, her lips brushing his. "I am your soul mate, Val. Our destinies have finally crossed. You have been surrounded by love for five years; those five years have cleansed your soul from the pain of your previous existence. Now it is time for you to move on, my love. And to be with me."

Val only stared at the woman before him in shock. "What? What in hell are you talking about? How could this be…? I was Gaav's servant; Lina Inverse killed Gaav… There was Almace and I merged with Dark Star. How could I have a soul mate? Who are you?"

"I am the Knight of Sefiede and my destiny is intertwined with yours. You have been cured of your hatred for the Golden Dragons and Lina Inverse. You know now that Lina was not the one who killed Gaav, but Phibrizzo. Am I right?"

Val slowly nodded. "But what does that have to do with…"

The woman smiled. "I was the first one asked to come to the temple of Sefiede by the Golden Dragons. But according to my own premonition, should I have agreed to go, I would have ended up fighting you. We would have fallen in love and at the same time be fighting for something completely different. I didn't want to cause us both unnecessary pain. So I decided to wait and I sent Lina Inverse in my stead. It was all right if you tried to kill her, and I knew considering your tortured past she would avoid killing you as much as she could. That was how I knew I could count on her." She caressed Val's face. "Lina did come through. She managed to save you from yourself. I have to thank the Golden Dragon Filia as well. She healed your spirit."

Val closed his golden eyes understanding…somewhat. But if he was going to fall in love with this woman, if it was already predestined…it just didn't make any sense!

"Perhaps…" He opened his eyes and stared into her glowing red ones. "This will help you understand who I am to you." And with those words she drew down his face and kissed him deeply, sealing their bond.

The people up early the next morning were, of course, those who were not engaged in… ahem…activities throughout the night. Sylphiel and Harry ordered breakfast for everyone and were talking much of the morning. When King Phil got up, he spoke with Harry for a bit and then decided he was going to have a long talk with his daughter.

The pounding on Amelia's door woke both Amelia and Zelgadis abruptly. Zelgadis sat up in surprise, oblivious to Amelia sleeping on top of him. She was suddenly awake and gripping onto Zelgadis' shoulders for dear life. The pounding on the door resumed. This time accompanied by a voice.

"AMELIA! You've slept in long enough! WAKE UP! I need to talk to you!"

Amelia's eyes widened in panic and she turned to Zelgadis who was already out of the bed and putting on his clothes. She smiled and then called sleepily. "I'm going Daddy!" A loud yawn. "Just wait up, will you." She turned back to Zelgadis just in time to see him wrap his cloak about him and then turn to her. She smiled as he sat back on the bed and pulled her naked form into his arms for thorough kiss. By the time he pulled away Amelia was clinging to him.

"No regrets, Amelia?"

She smiled at him. "Shouldn't I be asking you that question? You're the stubborn worry-wort." She leaned up and brushed her lips against his for an instant. "Of course not, Zelgadis. I have nothing to regret. Do you?"

He stared into her deep blue eyes and drowned. "No," was his whisper.

"AMELIA!!!!"

She groaned and rolled her eyes heavenward. Zelgadis shook his head and gave her one last fleeting kiss before he took himself over the balcony. Amelia got up, putting on her negligee and her robe again as she closed the balcony door. She then put on her best sleepy expression and headed to the door.

Phil pounded on the door again. What was taking that girl so long? Amelia never slept in this late. Suddenly it hit him why she was so tired. Maybe she was exhausted because she had spent most of the night crying her heart out. Phil bit his lip in agony at his little girl's suffering but he shook his head. He had to be firm. Unless there could be some kind of agreement, Amelia was going to marry Harry Loubrev. Phil didn't even notice Zelgadis walk behind him down the hall to the parlor where the others were.

The door opened a crack.

"What <yawn> do you want, <yawn> Daddy?"

"Amelia, I have to talk to you. This is very important, all right? You have to listen."

"Whatever Daddy. If it's about this marriage thing you can forget it. I'm not marrying Harry no matter what. So take this argument somewhere else. I'm a grown woman now, Dad. I don't need to be lectured about propriety. I don't care."

"But Amelia, can't you see we're dealing with a debt of honor here! You have to-"

"I don't have to do anything, Daddy. I'm my own woman now. If you like Harry Loubrev so much, you marry him. Now let me get dressed."

And with that the door slammed shut.

Philoniel sighed and then turned away to head back down to the parlor. When he got there he noticed Zelgadis had already awakened and dressed. It looked like the sorcerer swordsman hadn't had much sleep the night before, but at least he was up. Phil sighed. Things were not looking up.

"OH NO!"

The group in the parlor was startled by the scream they heard upstairs. Filia rushed down, her hair still unbrushed, holding a sleepy Havran. Amelia and Xellos rushed down behind her. Phil, Zelgadis, Harry and Sylphiel all stood up in confusion.

"Miss Filia! What's wrong? What happened?" Amelia called from behind her.

Filia turned around to Amelia, tears in her eyes. The princess was startled. What…what's wrong? Filia gave a low cry and then ran into Xellos' arms. The group turned to him for an explanation.

"Val is missing."

Amelia and Sylphiel gasped. Harry and Phil blinked in confusion. Zelgadis took a step forward as he asked, "Did he wander off? He could be near the Hot Springs or hiding somewhere nearby."

Filia shook her head and turned around to face the group, clutching Havran in her arms. "No. We looked everywhere already. And it's Havran that has the tendency to wander off. Val knows better. Oh! Where is he?!"

"Don't worry about it, girlfriend. He's fine."

The entire group looked to where the voice came from, all their eyes turning up to the chandelier. There, sitting so calmly with her legs crossed and a smile on her face, was a woman dressed in fire-red, her blood red hair covering her eyes and most of her face.

Everyone was puzzled except for Filia. She knew who this person was. "Y-y-you! What are you doing here? Why are you here?"

The group, including Xellos, turned to Filia in confusion. Filia knew this person?

"Hey, everybody! I see everyone's up already! Hey…why are you all so still?"

Lina and Gourry were just making their way into the parlor when Filia shook her head and turned to Lina. "No, Miss Lina! Don't come in here! Don't!"

Lina and Gourry stepped into the room just as Filia was shouting at them. "Huh?"

"Hiya, Lina!"

Lina Inverse suddenly stiffened, her face darkening with lines of blue horror. A tremble escaped and a chill ran down her spine. No… It couldn't be. It just couldn't… Lina gathered courage. Gourry was already looking up to where the voice had come from. Lina tensed. It just sounds familiar. That doesn't mean it's her. Doesn't mean anything. Calm down, Lina Inverse! She took a deep breath and her head creaked up to look at the woman perched on the chandelier.

The smirk she sent Lina had the red-golden haired sorceress shrieking in horror. The entire group jumped two feet in the air with Lina's screech of terror. She hid behind Gourry quivering saying only one thing as tears of panic and fear streamed down her trembling cheeks.

"K-k-keeeep-p-p-p her a-wwwuahhhh…a-w-w-w-way! PLEASE! K-k-k-k-keeeeeep her a-ahhh!"

"Lina?" Gourry asked concerned.

Everyone was spellbound in shock to see the great Lina Inverse reduced to a quivering mass of fear. No one could believe it.

"I've only seen Miss Lina get this scared once before," Amelia murmured, more to herself than to others. "And that was when Miss Filia first told us about the prophecy and the letter…" Amelia's eyes widened and Zelgadis who had been paying attention to her also had a look of panic about him.

"That means this woman…this woman is…"

The woman in question pouted. "Lina! Is that anyway to treat your big sister when she comes for a visit?"

"SISTER?!"

Amelia and Zelgadis had known and taken a few steps back. Gourry just now realized, his jaw dropped in shock. "She's…Lina's sister?!"

Filia nodded and looked toward the woman in the chandelier. "I'm afraid so. This is the Knight of Sefiede who is working part time as a waitress. Lina's big sister. Luna Inverse."

There was a collective cry of "HOLY SHIT!" among the group. Only Filia, who already knew Luna, Lina, who was cowering behind Gourry in terror, and Xellos, who really didn't give a damn, did not participate in the outcry of shocked discovery. Xellos only muttered a, "Ah…so this is the Knight of Sefiede, Luna Inverse…"

But after several seconds of silence afterwards, Lina's whimpers the only sound in the room, it was Filia who finally gave an exasperated sigh and disrupted everyone's thoughts and Luna's smirk.

"All right! Where is my Val?!"

Everyone suddenly nodded in agreement and turned to the woman on the chandelier. Only Gourry had a confused look on his face and Lina…well, Lina was still trembling and whimpering behind the huge blonde male. Luna only smiled at Filia.

"I told you he was all right, didn't I?"

Filia's eye ticked. "Yes, but you still haven't told me where he is! Where is my Val!"

"I'm here."

The entire group (this time including Lina), turned to a familiar voice that they hadn't heard in years. A man slowly emerged from the shadows, his black feathered wings slowly spreading and his light green hair shifting about his handsome face. His golden eyes bore into Filia. "I'm right here."

Now there are two levels of confusion. One level, the more mild of the two, is the level that Sylphiel, Phil and Harry are encased in. The confusion on who this person is, what he has to do with anything and anyone, and how could he be the little child they had briefly met. The second level, the more severe, is where everyone else drifts. They are completely baffled as to how, when, why, and what the hell happened. How did this happen? When did it happen? Why did it happen? And most importantly…What the hell happened?! How did mini, cute, munchkin Val turn into big Val? When? Why? …And…Their eyes narrowed… Who did this?

Filia turned to Luna with a growl. "What the hell have you done?!"

Luna just shrugged and floated down from the chandelier and into Val's waiting arms. "Just what I was supposed to do."

"WHAT?!?"

Luna shook her head. "Give me a moment and I'll explain." The group waited a moment with narrowed eyes. Lina had stopped trembling somewhat (mainly because her sister's attention wasn't focused on her for the time being). Luna then smiled and began.

"Well, you see…this was actually supposed to happen. This was part of Sefiede's plan. I had been keeping tabs on Lina for quite some time, through some friends of mine. When I first heard of Valgaav, something spurred inside of me to do some spiritual searching. Then you popped up with your entire prophecy and how the entire world desperately needed my help. Well, after my research I already knew that this Valgaav person I had heard about was involved in it…and I also knew that he was my other half. Knowing I would have to fight him, I politely declined your offer and told you to go fetch Lina. I knew my little sister would be able to help him in a way I couldn't and I saved myself some severe heartache. According to my premonitions, it would have been really tragic if I had fought him instead…because we would actually fall in love in the process. When I heard that he had been destroyed by Dark Star, I wanted to kill my sister. Luckily, he didn't stay destroyed. Lina did manage to help him and so did you, Filia, so I can't say I'm not pleased. What stumped me was the fact that Val had been literally reborn. Sefiede's sense of humor has always been twisted. Anyway-"

"I still don't understand why you did this," Filia muttered to herself.

Luna grinned. "Valgaav is the other half of my soul." She watched smugly as their eyes widened in shock. She smiled. "I foresaw my destiny with him and I fell in love with through watching Lina, neatly avoiding the tragic mess that would have occurred if I had tried to save the world instead of Lina. So you can image how pissed I was to find out my other half was a baby again. So I consulted Sefiede (though I have to admit I bitched at Him for a while too for making everything so bloody complicated), and He told me to wait five years so Val's spirit could be completely cleansed of the monster taint and cleansed of his own internal turmoil. He said that after five years I would be given the power to transform Val back into an adult Ancient Dragon, but he would still retain the memories of his previous existence as well as his five years as a child again. Only this time, of course, he wouldn't be out to kill anyone or seek vengeance or anything like that. He would have known what it was like to be truly loved, so that darkness that had overshadowed his spirit would be no more."

Luna grinned sheepishly. "Sounds romantic doesn't it? But that's basically what happened and what I did. I only did what I was supposed to and what was meant to happen. Right, Val darling?"

Val smiled genuinely down at Luna. "I'm still not sure if I'm buying this pre-destiny thing. I don't know you, Luna…but I can't deny this strange feeling that's overwhelming me." Luna grinned and blushed. Everyone else was too shocked to say a thing. Val then looked up and stared into Filia's trembling blue eyes. He released Luna with a tender smile and approached Filia. He stared into her eyes and smiled, the same kind of innocent smile he had always given her before when he had been a mischievous five-year-old child.

"Thank you, Filia. You gave me a happiness I never thought I could ever have." Filia's eyes filled with tears and she turned around to ball on Xellos. The monster only sighed dramatically and turned to Val with an evil smile. Val only gave him a wicked grin.

"And thanks to you too, Xellos. Who would have thought you would make a good father?" Filia burst out laughing against Xellos' shirt and looked up with a smile. Val smiled back and turned to the rest of the group with a quirk to his lips. "Thank you all. You gave me a new future. Who knew that trying to kill me would actually help?"

Luna bounced from behind him and threw her arms around him. "A new future with me! Now I just got to make you completely and totally fall head over heels for me. Shouldn't take too long!"

The tension eased out of everyone there and they all stared to laugh. Who would have thought? The only ones still confused were Phil, Harry and Sylphiel, but Amelia quickly went beside them to explain just what was going on. When they got the gist of it they were smiling with the rest of the group the tension easing from them as well.

Filia had a huge smile as she turned to Luna. Everyone else was now talking and relaxing again. Even Lina seemed to have calmed down some, she sure was eating hearty enough like usual, though she was still stuck to Gourry like glue.

"Luna, was Val the only reason you came all the way here?" Filia asked her under the murmur of the other voices.

"Oh, no!" Luna shouted over everyone. "I also came to beat up on Lina for eloping without my permission! She could have at least had the decency to invite me to her and Gourry's wedding!"

That shut everyone up abruptly. Again, the group of friends was divided. Zelgadis, Amelia, Filia and Xellos (who already knew about the wedding) were anticipating the shocked responses from Sylphiel, Phil and Harry (who had no idea those two had been married already). Gourry was only blinking in confusion, especially since Lina was once again quivering behind him.

Phil was the first one to react. "This is great!" He bounded toward Lina and Gourry and smacked Gourry's back. I'm happy for the both of you! I'd say it's about time you two finally got around to it! Ha HA! This is great wonderful news!" Phil burst out guffawing and a huge sweatdrop appeared on Amelia's forehead..

"Uh…Dad…Don't overdo it…"

It was Phil's congratulations that snapped Sylphiel out of her confused trance. She smiled and headed toward Lina and Gourry, giving Harry a secret knowing smile. He knew that smile was from the discussion they had had the day before. He smiled and shook his head, following Sylphiel.

"Miss Lina! Why didn't you tell me? This is big news, and for goodness sake, why did you and Gourry dear elope? That was unnecessary," Sylphiel said with a shake of her head, but still hugged them both. "I'm still happy for you, but you two really should have planned this more carefully."

Lina was about to open her mouth and say the truth about the situation when Harry cut her off.

"Cousin, I had no idea you had the guts to go and elope. Aunt Avery is going to kill you when she finds out! She's been dying for you to find a nice girl and settle down. With what you've told me about your relationship with Miss Lina, the last I think you two will be doing for a while is settling down!"

"Actually, I think that's a great idea!"

Everyone turned to Luna Inverse who had just shouted her agreement. She was met with silence for a beat until Gourry said, "What do think is a good idea?"

The group's gazes went from Gourry back to Luna, who was only grinning maniacally. "I think we should tell Gourry's mother…In fact, the entire Gabriev and Loubrev clan about Lina and Gourry's wedding!"

And with those words the entire group vanished into thin air, leaving behind a perfectly ordered room… Almost as if they had never been there. Truth be told, that was exactly what the manager of the hotel thought when he passed by later to discuss the bill. That huge party that loved to spend money that he had only dreamed about, that he had thought too good to be true… Was too good to be true. When he looked into the room and saw it as spotless and untouched as it had been when he had first opened it to them, he knew the truth. He had been dreaming of their existence. He spent the rest of the day taking pills, trying to drive out the vivid spontaneous hallucinations, though he did give his brain credit. At least the hallucinations were creative.