Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Slayers Finally! ❯ Gabriev's, Loubrev's, (Uriev’s too) and Two More Weddings ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Gabriev's, Loubrev's, (Uriev's too) and Two More Weddings

The group suddenly found themselves gathered in a great hall. The chandeliers that hung from the high arching ceiling were enormous and intricate in their design. The marble walls and floors were glistening with the light and cleanliness. Huge throw rugs decorated the floor and beautiful paintings adorned the walls. The last time they had seen magnificence like this was in the Saillune Palace. Harry couldn't believe they had teleported straight here. Only Gourry seemed unperturbed.

"Hey! I'm home!" he said with a grin.

The group just stared at him with wide eyes.

"I never dreamed Mr. Gourry lived in a house like this…" Filia said with a murmur of awe.

"My, my, the Swordsmen of Light certainly made a good name for themselves," Xellos commented.

"Big…house…" Havran whispered.

"I don't remember Gourry dear living in this house…"

"How the hell did we get here?" Harry asked unbelievingly.

"This is the Gabriev residence?"

"Haven't you been here already, Daddy?" Amelia replied looking at her father.

"Who knew Gourry was this loaded?" Zelgadis said.

"Aren't I good or what!" Luna said with a grin. Val was beside her shaking his head in disbelief. None of them had ever had clue as to Gourry's wealth.

Lina was the only who had said nothing so far…and the only one who had seemed to recover from the shock. She was grinning from ear to ear, her red eyes shining in devilment. Tears were glistening in her eyes as she clasped her hands together. No one had ever seen her with this kind of look on her face except Gourry. Sheer, utter joy.

"THANK YOU!" Lina didn't care who she thanked, but she had to say it to someone. So she just shouted it out with the exultation of it. She turned to Gourry then and hugged the breath out of him. Who would have known that settling down was going to be this much fun!

Everyone ignored her (after all they expected that of Lina) and began to discuss amongst themselves what they were confused about. The house Sylphiel knew about was the smaller country estate a few miles from Sairaag. King Phil had been to that country house before many times, never to the main mansion. And somehow, Luna had managed to teleport them and all of their stuff to this location in an instant. This location being, according to Harry, several miles north of Saillune.

But before they could decide what to do, (Gourry being no part of this conversation because Lina was demanding all of his attention) someone else decided for them.

"GOURRY!"

The entire group turned to see who had shouted. A woman with long billowy white hair and huge blue-green eyes rushed to Gourry, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"Mom!"

There was silence from the troupe. They were spellbound. Harry stepped forward and the beautiful woman enveloped him in her arms as well. "Hello, Aunt Avery."

"Oh, Harry. I'm glad you're home, Runa was getting worried about you, you know. Traveling the countryside after a runaway princess-" Amelia grinned sheepishly but only Zelgadis noticed, "you know that can be dangerous," she finished. She then turned to Gourry and gave him another hug. "And you Gourry! Lord, boy, you had me so worried about you! You haven't written in almost six years! You've barely sent words to us through Sylphiel… Oh, goodness, Gourry! What ever am I going to do with you! I just hope that after six years you've found yourself a bride-"

"Stop hounding the poor boy, Avery. Give it a rest. I didn't marry you till I was well in my late twenties. Let the boy live a bit before saddling himself with a woman. Let him make his own living."

"But Rowdy-"

The man called Rowdy was identically to Gourry except with short blue hair and he had a goatee. He approached Gourry with a grin and swept him into a bear hug. Gourry gave yelp and said, "Hey, come on Dad!"

Rowdy released Gourry and gave a light cough. "Well, I'm allowed. I haven't seen my youngest son in ages." He turned to Harry and patted his shoulder. "Hello, Harry. How's the bride hunting going? Your parents are around somewhere. You know how the family get-together's become hectic."

"I know, Uncle Rowdy," Harry said with a grin. "I'll go look for them." And he went off down the hall.

Rowdy turned back to his son with a smile. It was then that both Rowdy II and Avery Gabriev noticed the group behind him. "Uh…son?"

"Yeah, Dad?"

"Do you mind introducing the people behind you?"

Gourry turned and saw the group staring at him with narrowed eyes. He gave a nervous laugh and turned back to his parents. "Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about them!" A low growl issued from behind him. He gave another nervous laugh and was about to begin the introductions when a screech was heard.

Down the hall there was a girl in a light blue dress, her white blonde hair cascading in curls about her head (since her hair was in a ponytail and even that hair was curled), her pointy ears protruding through the hair and her aqua eyes showing her shock. The screech had been her boots coming to an abrupt halt.

"BIG BROTHER!" she shouted at the top of her lungs and made straight for Gourry. Rowdy and Avery Gabriev moved out of the way as their daughter zoomed past them and tackled the blond, blue-eyed warrior. Luckily Gourry had been prepared and wasn't knocked over. But she wasn't done.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you know how boring it's been around here? You never wrote in six years! Do you have any idea how much I missed you? Mom's been trying to marry me off but I won't let her! You've got to help, Gourry! She won't leave me alone!" And she said all of that with one breath as she was squeezing the daylights out of Gourry.

"Flowery, I think that's quite enough. Let your brother breathe. I swear Rowdy, we should have named her after you! I'm sure she's the one who cut off circulation to Gourry's brain when they were little."

"Oh, don't exaggerate, Avery."

The girl named Flowery growled at her parents. "Don't start that again! Gourry was always protecting me when I was little! And then he decided to leave with the Sword of Light, which he lost by the way, six years ago! I haven't seen him since. I'm allowed to get a little excited."

"A LITTLE?" was the collective shout of the people behind Gourry. Flowery released her brother and peered over his shoulder. She turned back to him with a grin.

"You sure made a lot of friends, big brother. What are their names?"

Avery rolled her eyes. Rowdy shook his head. "Flowery, we were going to get to that just when you interrupted with your bellow."

She grinned and stepped back. "Oh. Okay, wait. Let me get the rest of the family. They've got to meet Gourry's friends too!"

Gourry blinked. "But Flowery…that's a lot of family to come out here."

She laughed. "All right, then big bro. I'll take all of you to the salon. That's where everyone is now!" And with that, she turned around leading the entire group to the salon, which housed most of the Gabriev, Uriev and Loubrev clan.

The group could only stare dumbfounded as hoards of people suddenly stopped what they were doing and came rushing at Gourry. Lina lost sight of him among the throng of family members.

"GOURRY!"

It took a good half-hour for the entire group to calm down and introduce themselves to Lina Company. Lina had helped the patriarch of the family, Rowdy I, get together with his still young looking elven wife, Meleruna, and so them she already knew. But after them, it got complicated. They had three children together. Rowdy II, Shaury, and Runa (Shaury and Runa being identical twins). Each in turn had gotten married.

Rowdy II (short blue hair, blue eyes) married Avery (long white hair, blue-green eyes) and had…ahem…several children together. The eldest being Rowdy III (30, short blue hair, green eyes, not currently present). Then there was Carrie (28, short blue hair, blue eyes, pointy ears) who was married to guy named Huey (long brown hair, gold eyes-Lina recognized him as the son of the Golem maker!) and had a daughter named Kelly (2, short blue hair, gold eyes). Then came Barry (25, long white hair, blue eyes) who was married to a girl named Selina (who Lina also knew). After came Gourry and his twin sister Gallery (they look exactly alike despite the fact they're fraternal twins) and finally Flowery at the same age as Lina.

Shaury Gabriev (long blonde hair, green eyes and pointy ears like her mother) had gotten married to a guy named Manny Uriev (short black hair, violet eyes) and had four children. The eldest being the identical twin girls Mary and Cody (27, one with long the other with short black hair respectively, green eyes) and only Cody was married to a guy named Milgusia (what the hell?!), and they had a daughter named Milly (2, short black hair, gold eyes) to boot. Yes, the little girl had wings too. Next was Larry (24, short blond hair, violet eyes) currently dating a princess from another country named Marlene (now this is just getting weird) and his younger brother was Danny (21, long blond hair, green eyes) and dating his cousin-in-law Huey's younger sister Gaia (who knew?).

Finally there was Runa Gabriev (short blonde hair, green eyes and pointy ears too) had gotten married to Kerry Loubrev (long pink hair, gold eyes). They were also not currently present. Harry had left to go find them. They had five children. Harry was the eldest, then came his little sisters Sherry (22, long blonde hair, gold eyes) and Laurie (19, pink hair, green eyes) and the youngest (fraternal twins that look alike) Gary and Mellie (16, pink hair, gold eyes).

Gourry shook his head with a grin and began the introduction of his friends. He turned to his family. "Everyone these are my friends," he pointed to Xellos, "This is Xellos who's a Monster," he then pointed to Filia and Havran, "and this is his wife and son, Filia, a dragon ex-priestess, and Havran." He then motioned to Zelgadis. "This is my buddy Zelgadis who used to be a chimera, but now he's only half," then to Amelia and Phil, "and this is Amelia and her father Phil." He pointed to Sylphiel, "You guys already know Sylphiel," Flowery waved at the shrine maiden and she waved back. The he motioned to Val and Luna, "This is Val, who used to be a baby but now he's grown up again, and Luna, Lina's sister."

He stopped there. His entire family (minus Rowdy III and his family and Harry's parents) only blinked at him for a moment, but Gourry was still smiling as if he had finished. Lina was fuming. Avery shook her head with a smile as Gourry's twin, Gallery, giggled.

Rowdy II smiled and turned to Lina. "So I assume this lovely redhead is Lina?"

Gourry blinked. "Of course! Don't you know about Lina already, Dad?"

Lina calmed down. So that was why Gourry hadn't introduced her. He assumed his parents already knew about her. She sighed. Stupid Gourry…but wait…Her eyes snapped opened. They…hadn't…heard of her? Of all the rumors, of anything? Of the famous Lina Inverse? They wouldn't have a biased opinion of her?!

Rowdy turned to his son with a frown. "Of course we've heard about Lina Inverse and the involvement you've had in all the rumors, but it's still rude to just not introduce her. We don't know her Gourry. But we've heard of her. It's not the same thing."

Lina was abruptly deflated until she saw pink pigtails and golden eyes (which belong to Gourry's Loubrev cousin, Mellie) suddenly before her. "Miss Lina? Are you and Gourry dating? Is there a relationship going on? How did you all get here? Can I have your autograph?"

Lina grinned. I like this girl. Her eyes turned to Gourry's father who was now shaking hands with everyone. She had known Gourry was a descendant of the Rowdy she had known with the blue hair, but I didn't think they had passed down the name. Now I know for sure that Gourry is a descendant of that Rowdy I met all those years ago on Mypros Island. The old man sure had spawned a hell of a family. I wonder if he remembers me at all?

"Actually, the reason why we're here is because of Lina and Gourry!" Luna shouted out. That got the attention of the Gabriev's, Loubrev's and Uriev's. She grinned evilly at Lina's panicked expression and was about to shout out the truth… when… Someone else did it for her.

"Gourry and Lina eloped. And Lina's sister was outraged by the fact that Lina did that. So she thought it would be fair to tell us."

"WHAT?!"

The Gabriev clan erupted. But the loudest bellows came from the back. Everyone turned to see Harry there with his parents behind him. His mother, Runa Loubrev, was a tall woman and majestic woman. Definitely a descendant of the elven races. Her husband was huge, with long pink hair and golden eyes. Phil stepped forward in greeting for two reasons. Mainly because he knew if Kerry Loubrev saw him, first he would be in dangerous waters. And two…well two is just sort of a side benefit for number one. He did buy some time for Lina and Gourry before his parents blew up.

"Kerry, my friend!"

The man with pink hair saw Phil and grinned. "Ah! Philoniel! How have you been doing? I heard about your screw up. You hadn't told your daughter about the betrothal and let her grow up headstrong. My friend," Kerry's eyes narrowed. "How are you going to fix this?"

Phil gave a nervous laugh and said, "I'm working on it, Kerry!" He turned to Loubrev's wife. "Hello, Runa dear. It has been a while, hasn't it?" Amelia was fuming in the back, her eyes blazing. "Actually, my daughter is here now! Let me introduce her. Amelia!"

Rowdy and Avery turned to Gourry in shock. "You didn't mention that `Phil and Amelia' were the King and Princess of Saillune, son."

"And Gourry, you neglected to mention that you and Miss Lina were married… Oh! Gods! And I've been so excited about Gourry's wedding and now I find out he's eloped! What's a mother to do?!"

Luna grinned and appeared beside Avery. "But that's just it, Mrs. Gabriev. I also was shocked to find out about their elopement. I wanted to see my sister in a beautiful wedding dress, in full glory, in a gorgeous chapel. And so did all of her friends when they found out. I was hoping you would understand."

Avery nodded in agreement. "I do understand!" She turned to Gourry and Lina. "Shame on you both for getting married in secret like that! Now, I'm going to have the full-blown wedding I always wanted for my son! And we're going to have it right here in our chapel!"

"Make that a double wedding, Avery," Kerry Loubrev said, pushing Harry and Amelia forward. Avery blinked in confusion but it was Runa Loubrev, who spoke now.

"I won't have it, Kerry! You and your friend Phil are too high handed! I never agreed with the fact that you were forcing your son to marry! My brother and sister let their children choose their own spouses, I plan to do the same with my own children! And that means Harry! Let him decide whether he wants to marry the princess or not. From the look on Princess Amelia's face she certainly doesn't want this marriage!" Sherry, Laurie, Gary and Mellie all nodded their agreement.

Kerry's eye ticked. "Stay out of this, Runa!"

"I will not. My son's happiness depends on this!" she shouted back at her husband.

"Don't worry about it, Mom."

Silence greeted Harry. He smiled. "I know a lot of people who think the same way you do, Mom. And you're right. Princess Amelia doesn't want to get married to me. She's in love with someone else. And I just want her to be happy." His smile widened. "Besides, I think-"

"Out of the question!"

The group turned to Kerry Loubrev. He only shook his head. "I made a promise. My son Harry is to marry Amelia Wil Tesla Saillune! And that's final!"

Amelia and Harry looked at each for an instant, smiled and turned to Loubrev. They both shouted at the same time. "I'm not marrying Amelia! I'm in love with someone else!"

"I'm not marrying Harry! I'm in love with someone else!"

The troupe grinned. Runa Loubrev seemed very pleased and King Phil just sighed. Kerry turned to his son. "Why, boy? Why are you doing this?"

Runa turned to her son with a smile. "All right dear. Who is the lucky girl?"

Oops. Harry was stumped for about two seconds. Then he immediately grabbed Sylphiel who blushed to her roots. The group of friends blinked in astonishment for a beat and then abruptly burst with congratulations. Harry just smiled and bowed, Sylphiel still blushing.

Amelia leaned over to Zelgadis. "I don't think Miss Sylphiel knew it was going to be her."

Zelgadis smirked. "I don't think Harry knew it was going to be her either."

Luna smiled evilly. "Well then!" She wrapped her arms around Runa Loubrev and Avery Gabriev. "Why don't we then have another wedding! Two at the same time! Wouldn't that be spectacular?!"

Harry and Sylphiel blanched. This wasn't what… when the mothers burst into gleeful shouts they sighed in resignation. They feared this would happen. Sylphiel began to try and talk them out of it. No…two weddings at the same time was too much! They should only do Lina and Gourry's wedding today…

"What's this about two weddings?"

The group of people turned to the new voice. There was a younger version of Rowdy II there, only with green eyes instead of blue. He blinked at the silence. "Uuuhhh…" He smiled crookedly. "Uh, I'm Rowdy III Gabriev."

"Oh…" came from group of people who didn't already know who he was. Gourry waved at him, surprising Rowdy III.

"Gourry! So I heard right! You are here! Good Lord, it's been ages! Look at you! You're all grown up! Oh…I guess that means one of the weddings is for you and the other one is for Harry! Damn! You finally come home for a visit and they're trying to marry you off! Poor chaps. You're both going to now know how I feel being saddled with a woman. I finally understood how Pop and Uncle Manny and Kerry always felt-"

"What's that Rowdy darling?"

Rowdy III winced at the high-pitched voice came from behind him. And then came the laugh. "Oh ho ho ho ho!" Everyone could guess who that was, but they all wanted a look at her. Only Lina (who had recognized the voice and the laugh that followed) tried to avoid the dark-haired woman who was Rowdy III's wife. Amelia and Phil could only stare at the woman in shock.

Rowdy III sighed and his hand motioned to the big-breasted woman dressed in rich violet behind him. "Everyone, this is my wife Nahga."

Lina grimaced. How the hell?! Out of all the people on the planet one of MY in-laws just had to be HER! She stayed safely behind Gourry until she heard a cry from Amelia and Phil.

"DAUGHTER!? Is that you?"

"Big sister?!"

Nahga turned to the man and young woman who spoke and her eyes bulged from her face. "DADDY?! AMELIA?! What on earth are you two doing here?!"

Amelia gave a cry of joy and leapt toward her sister, grabbing her around the neck and squeezing. "Big sister Gracia! Do you have any idea how sad I was when you left! Daddy was heartbroken! And when we didn't get any word from you we thought you'd died!" Amelia sniffed as she gave Nahga another squeeze.

Phil stepped forward and pulled both daughters into a bear hug with tears in his eyes. Amelia squeaked and Nahga groaned.

The Gabriev's, Loubrev's and Uriev's were quite confused. Kerry blinked. "Rowdy's wife is Philoniel's oldest daughter? Why didn't Nahga ever tell us?"

"Oh Hohohohoho! I didn't think it was important. Besides, in Saillune they call me Gracia, not Nahga."

Amelia nodded. "Yup. She's Gracia Ul Nahga Saillune and I'm Amelia Wil Tesla Saillune."

Phil burst out laughing and slapped Kerry on the back. "Well, look, my friend. Looks like you got your wish anyway. Amelia isn't going to marry Harry, but my eldest daughter is married your nephew! You still have the connection with my family, even if it is indirect! This is perfect!"

Kerry grumbled but Runa jabbed him in the belly. He winced and then gave his friend a sigh and then a smile. "You're right, Phil."

The rest of the group could only stare at Amelia is shock. Gourry blinked. "So my older brother married your sister, Amelia?"

She nodded. "Uh-huh! I told you she was as tall as you, Mr. Gourry."

"Yeah…" Gourry blinked. "Hey, Amelia! That makes us related, doesn't it?!"

Amelia nodded. "Uh-huh. You're my brother-in-law now, Mr. Gourry and I'm your sister-in-law!"

"Cool!"

Zelgadis shook his head. "So this is the missing sister. Who would have thought she would have married the eldest Gabriev?"

The rest of the group nodded in agreement, except for Xellos (who didn't care), Val (who didn't really know these people and didn't care anyway) and for Luna (who was plotting how show Nahga her little sister). But Luna didn't get a chance. Lina did it on her own.

"WHAT?"

Everyone turned to Lina in surprise. Nahga blinked in shock, but before she could utter a word, Lina spoke.

"How the hell can Nahga be Amelia's big sister?! That is just too messed up! It can't be! That means the Saillune family has been haunting me forever! This is just too messed up! It was bad enough having her as an in-law, but now this?! Amelia's big sister is…" Lina gulped. "Nahga?!"

"Lina?!"

The group turned to Nahga. She blinked at them and then an evil smile began to form on her lips. "Lina Inverse?"

They all blinked in surprise. She knew Lina? Nahga stepped toward a growling Lina. "In-law, Lina? Does that mean you're the one who married, Gourry, Rowdy's younger brother? OH HOHOHOHOHOHO! And if I heard you right, Lina, you also know my little sister and my father? In shock, Lina, that I, Nahga the Serpent am a princess of Saillune? OH HOHOHOHOHOHO!"

"Oh, Nahga, will you shut the hell up! I don't know how anyone in this family OR IN YOUR OWN puts up with that laugh of yours! I'll never forget how you scared the crap out an entire town with just that laugh and with all those copies of you!" Lina said, her red eyes rolling.

"What does that have to do with anything! Don't you remember how we used to travel everywhere together looking for cash?! I, Nahga the Serpent, with her sidekick Lina Inverse! And you still owe me a lunch if my memory is right."

Lina's eye ticked. "Who was whose sidekick?! And I don't owe you any lunch, Nahga! You owe me millions of them! I always wondered why you had such a high-class appetite and why Amelia's was familiar! I still can't believe you're related!"

Nahga completely ignored the last comment. "I think a lunch is a mild payment considering you ran off with the bounty we got and I never saw you again after that!"

"Thank the gods! I finally found a way to get rid of you! And that bounty was all mine! It was my Fireball that torched the guy!"

"No, it was my Freeze Arrow and you know it, Lina Inverse!"

"Uh…Could someone tell me what the hell is going on?"

Lina snapped out of it when she heard Gourry's question. She turned to him with a smile. "Don't worry about it, Gourry. She's just an old pain in the ass who used to follow me everywhere until I ditched her. I changed my clothing style so she couldn't find me like that and then I ran into you. I knew once you were around she would have trouble finding me, because she expected me to be by myself, not with a male airhead mercenary companion."

"Uh…" Gourry muttered. "I don't think that answered my question." The rest of the group nodded in agreement with him.

(Amelia then turned to Zelgadis and whispered, "I didn't know Miss Lina knew my big sister. And they even traveled together. What a coincidence."

Zelgadis nodded and then whispered back. "Well, I'm at least glad that you didn't come out like her. She's more like Phil."

Amelia giggled.)

"OH HOHOHOHOHO! I see now, Lina Inverse! You got rid of me, so you could be alone with your lover! Well, I'll have you know after you left me stranded and alone I ran into Rowdy III here and he reminded so much of that kid with the Sword of Light you were determined to get that I could have sworn he knew you!" She smiled at Rowdy III. "He didn't, but that was all right, because I decided to stay here with him! At least he appreciated me!"

"Kid with the Sword of Light?" asked the Gabriev's.

Lina blanched and then laughed nervously when the group turned to her with an explanation. "Ah hahahaha! Just ignore Nahga! She doesn't know what she's talking about! Ah hahahaha!"

But Nahga wouldn't let it dropped. "Don't you remember, Lina? The boy with the long blue hair and green eyes who was in love with the elf-"

Nahga was abruptly cut off when Lina clasped her hand over her mouth and laughed nervously again at everyone's curious stare. "Why don't we do that double wedding thing?! I've always wanted to get married in a big dress with lots of flowers and stuff."

Avery Gabriev shook her head and then smiled. "We'll discover the mystery of this later! It sounds like my father and mother-in-law. But how could you have known them, Miss Lina?" She shook her head. "Anyway… For now let's get Sylphiel and Lina ready for their weddings! Come on, all the ladies, you'll all be bridesmaids! We're headed to our quarters to get ready!"

Runa Loubrev turned to her husband as she pushed Gourry towards them. "You guys get Gourry and Harry ready. I also expect the rest of you to be grooms at the wedding as well. So pretty yourselves up!"

"Lina! What was that all about the Sword of Light and a kid?"

"I'll tell you later, Gourry! It's a long story!"

"OH HOHOHOHOHOHO!"

"Let's go ladies. All right, Lina, we know you love Gourry but you're going to have to part with him for the moment. You'll see him later," Carrie said with a grin and a wink.

The rest of the women rolled their eyes in exasperation. All the women of the Gabriev clan were hurdling the group towards the inner rooms of the household. Filia picked up a squirming Havran and gave Xellos a quick kiss before following. Amelia gave Zelgadis' hand a squeeze and followed as well. Luna grinned evilly as she shoved Lina away from Gourry and then blew a kiss to Val. Sylphiel was being dragged away by Runa. Nahga was only cackling the entire way.

The men stared after them completely perplexed. They didn't move until the troupe of women were long gone and the servants began to prod them so they could move out of the way. They finally started heading toward…

"Where the hell are we supposed to go?!" Kerry, Manny and Rowdy II shouted.

To make a long story short…

Within two days everything had been prepared. The weddings were to take place within a week. All expenses paid, the Gabriev's and Loubrev's took care of everything for Lina, Gourry, Harry and Sylphiel. They even supplied them with rings to give their husbands/wives (though Harry and Gourry already had rings to give them) and the most gorgeous of wedding dresses, not to mention the best tuxedoes. All the bridesmaids were prettied up as well with gorgeous dresses and jewelry. And by the time they were through with the grooms, any woman who would have looked at them would have been knocked dead from the breathtaking sight.

While the week passed everyone that didn't know each other, got to know each other well. The women talked about Nahga and Lina's old adventures (Lina still confounded that Nahga and Amelia were sisters), on how to help Amelia finish cracking Zelgadis, and about Harry so Sylphiel wouldn't be so in the dark. Filia even told the tale on how she met Lina and the others and met Xellos and retold the story on how they wound up together. The girls (Amelia and Lina) talked about their old adventures with each other to Flowery, Gallery, Carrie, Selina, Mary, Cody, Gaia, Sherry, Laurie, Mellie, Marlene, Nahga, Shaury, Runa and Avery. Nahga loved the fact that Lina had hooked up with her little sister after ditching her. Nahga and Lina told everyone how they new Marlene, Gaia, Huey and Selina and the entire story about Rowdy and Meleruna (when the elf came in). Lina and Amelia also told them about how they knew Milgusia. The Gabriev's told them about their reaction when they found out he was a golden dragon (they loved the fact that Filia was one too). Cody told them about how she met Milgusia and fell for him. Amelia told everyone on how she fell in love with Zelgadis (Nahga was happy for Amelia) and Lina confessed on how she had found out about her feelings for Gourry. Eventually they even pushed her into telling the entire story of her `elopement'. Luna grinned the whole time and said she knew about all of this already because she had had friends keeping tabs on Lina for the last six years.

The guys basically did the same thing. They talked amongst themselves about old times, about themselves, about the years gone by. Havran was passed along between both men and women so the men were dependent on him for information. It didn't last. He still hadn't developed a talent for description so even though the only person who could understand him clearly, namely his father, they still had no idea what was going on in the women's quarters. (It's a bloody secret!) Before long, the day of the double wedding was here.

The chapel was beautifully decorated with blue and white roses and cherry blossoms. All the men were dressed in stark black tuxedoes except for the bridegrooms who were dressed in a deep gray. King Phil had agreed to be the one to give Sylphiel away because her father had died in Sairaag about five years back. As for Lina, Luna volunteered to give her away, but after Lina's shriek of terror, they all agreed that might not be a good idea. So, they decided that Rowdy would be the one to give her away (considering he was the first Gabriev to know her).

The wedding ceremony was spectacular and Sylphiel and Lina made a breathtaking picture. Sylphiel's wedding dress had long sleeves that went into a `v' over the back of her hand and the dress had a low `v' neckline. Her skirt was full and billowy and made of a rippling silk that shifted with her every movement. The bodice was embroidered with silver and aquamarine roses and blue and white roses made a wreath around her head. Her veil was made of a sheer glistening material that made her glow. Lina looked just as exquisite. Her dress was off-shoulder and it curved over her breasts into tiny sleeves. Her gown, unlike that of Sylphiel, was skin tight, but a long train that was pinned by cherry blossoms at the small of her back dragged behind her. The entire dress was covered with shimmering lace and her veil was made of the same lace. A wreath of cherry blossoms decorated her hair and she wore a pearl and diamond studded tiara. Both carried bouquets of roses and cherry blossoms.

Everyone held their breaths as the two walked down the aisle. When they arrived at the altar Gourry and Harry had no idea what hit them. Suddenly they were out of breath and their jaws were touching the ground. When Lina and Sylphiel took their places beside them all the cousins could do was gulp.

The ceremony was simple yet beautiful. The roar of everyone present at the announcement of "Man and Wife", was horrendous and the party afterward was out of control. There were kareokes, dancing, jokes and games. Gourry sang Lina a song with his sisters and cousins as the chorus. During the middle of it, Gallery left and brought a tambourine to finish the song with. Lina blushed to her roots.

By the end of the night, everyone was drunk. In two days, when they had all recovered from their hangovers, the couples got into two carriages everyone waving them off as they left to their honeymoon. The carriages parted ways when they came to a fork in the road. One was headed to the most expensive elegant hotel in Saillune and the other was headed back to Mypros Island (of course, both honeymoons were prepaid by the Loubrev's, Uriev's and Gabriev's).

The group left behind slowly parted ways as well. Filia, Xellos and Havran were going back to their home and the shop. Luna and Val disappeared to who-knows-where. Amelia had to head back to Saillune with her father, and of course, she was dragging Zelgadis along for the ride. Nahga waved her father and sister off and said she would be by to visit them with Rowdy III. It would almost be over…