Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Cain and Abel ❯ Payday ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The green hedgehog lay on a dusty sofa while a short distance away a red chameleon sat at a desk covered with an array of different computers, typing now and then.
 
“How long until the transfers complete?” Questioned the hedgehog
 
“Done in about five minutes Cain.” Came the reply.
 
Cain sat upright and looked to his companion.
 
“And what's the word on any new contracts?” came the next question.
 
“None available at the moment I'm afraid.”
 
Cain rose from his seat and walked towards his friend, placing a hand upon his shoulder.
 
“Doesn't matter anyway Abel. This hit made our month's quota.”
 
A short pause followed until the computer made a small bell like noise indicating that the money was theirs.
 
“Bingo, all done.” said Abel cheerfully.
 
Cain smiled in approval but said nothing. Abel turned back to his computers and began typing again while Cain turned and disappeared into an adjacent room.
 
He re-emerged several minutes later with his suit jacket under his arm and his trademark dark green tie round his neck.
 
Abel knew where he was headed but inquired anyway.
 
“Where are you off to?” He anticipated the reply
 
“I'm heading down to Club Rouge for a couple of drinks. You want to come?”
 
Abel shifted as though uncomfortable at this proposition.
 
“No thanks, I'll just hang around here and tie up the loose ends.”
 
“Suit yourself.” Cain bluntly replied and proceeded towards out the door.
 
The door swung limply on its long rusted hinges and kicked a light film of dust as it closed.