Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Cain and Abel ❯ Nightlife ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The large double doors of Club Rouge swung open as Cain greeted the bouncers and casually walked past them. He was a frequent visitor of Club Rouge and both the bouncers and Rouge herself trusted him.
 
He strolled over to the bar as the loud music from the underground club area gently rumbled the floor beneath his feet. The bar was near to empty and Cain sat on a stool closest to the bartender.
 
“What can I get you Cain?” asked the bartender who clearly served him frequently.
 
“I'll have a shot of whisky Manny, and keep `em coming.”
 
“Sure thing. You want me to tell Rouge you're here?” Inquired Manny.
 
“If you would.” replied Cain with a slight smile on his face.
 
Several minutes and three shots passed before Cain noticed Rouge, sporting a stunning red evening dress, descending a spiral stair set from a higher floor of the building.
 
She sauntered towards the bar in Cain's direction and gave him a small peck on the cheek before hopping onto and sitting on the bar.
 
“So where have you been for the last month Cain?” Cain looked to where she was now sitting.
 
“I've just had a lot of work to do lately. You know how federal business is. You used to be involved with the president.”
 
Rouge thinks that Cain works for the FBI and knows nothing of his true profession.
 
“You could at least call sometime” said Rouge.
 
“I've just been really caught up with everything, I'm sorry.”
 
Rouge sighed “Well at least you're here now.”
 
She smiled sweetly and Cain followed suit, returning the smile. Silence followed as the two just gazed into each others eyes, time seeming to stand still for the pair of them. Neither of them wavering, just staring intently.
 
The silence was abruptly broken as the doors of the club slammed open and two well built black echidnas threw the bouncers aside with ease.
 
Rising from his seat, Cain turned and began to approach them while Rouge looked on with a degree of fear.
 
The echidnas both adopted fighting stances whilst Cain just stood, not showing any intention of fighting.
 
The larger of the echidnas dashed forward, quickly closing the gap between him and Cain, and swung his right fist at Cain's head.
 
The hit connected. Hard.
 
The echidna's eyes went dead and he fell to the floor at Cain's feet. Cain had a large gash on his face from the echidna's knuckles.
 
He could've easily blocked or dodged the cumbersome attack but he had wanted to ensure a quick takedown and as such had put the entirety of his strength into a single strike to the echidna's neck.
 
The force from the blow had snapped the echidna's spinal cord, killing him instantly, but the echidna's attack had still had the full force behind it.
 
The smaller echidna took a couple of steps back, stunned to see that his companion had fallen so early in the fight, then he lunged forward.
 
Cain was ready for the attack but just before attacking, the echidna feinted left and brought his fist into Cain's side. A loud cracking noise indicated that at least one rib had been broken.
 
The echidna smirked as he went to withdraw his hand, but was caught off guard as Cain seized his wrist with his left hand and struck hard with his right, inverting the echidna's arm at the elbow.
 
The echidna reeled in agony trying to regain his balance, but Cain had already brought his fist back. He delivered a devastating blow to the echidna's chest, causing his ribs and sternum to collapse into his lungs.
 
As the echidna fell forwards, Cain bought his knee up to connect with the echidna's face, crushing his skull into the frontal region of his brain.
 
Cain stood, breathing heavily, exhausted from the fight, short as it may have been.
 
He turned to Rouge, blood streaming down the side of his face
 
“I'll be going now” he said sharply and headed for the exit.
 
Rouge wanted to call him back, but was too shocked to speak, so she could only watch as the hedgehog, holding his side, limped slowly out of the building, leaving a small trail of blood in his wake.