Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Cain and Abel ❯ A Means To An End ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cain sat motionless on the bed, a table stood solemnly at one side of the small room, syringes littered its surface.
 
Cain reached over to where he had procured the bandages from and took up a smith and Wesson revolver into his hand.
 
He looked at the gun and found a single bullet resting in one of the guns chambers.
 
He lowered the gun and spun the chambers.
 
Taking another look at it he raised it to the side of his head, the muzzle resting against his temple.
 
There were no emotions on his face and he showed no sign of fear as his finger locked around the trigger.
 
He fired. The hammer hit air.
 
Cain lowered the gun and looked at the gun once more. The bullet was resting in its chamber, ready to be fired with the next pull of the trigger.
 
He smirked to himself “Can't a guy catch a break.”
 
Holstering the weapon in the back of his trousers, he rose to his feet and walked slowly over to the table.
 
He placed both palms upon its grainy, hard worn surface, seemingly savouring its rough tough against his hand.
 
He picked up a lone piece of chalk and looked to the wall in front of him, where scribed, also in chalk, were 2 columns, one labelled `won', the other labelled `lost'.
 
The `lost' column had 21 lines done in the style of a tally scoring system.
 
Using the chalk he added another line to the `lost' column and set the chalk down.
 
He paused for a brief moment and then picked up a syringe.