Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Cain and Abel ❯ I Quit ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stumbling from his room, Cain tried to regain his balance by leaning against the wall.
 
He looked around the room expecting to see Abel at the computers typing away as usual but was surprised to see his chair empty.
 
He staggered forwards and grabbed the chair to steady himself and looked at the still powered up computer. He detested what he saw on the screen.
 
It was the Rouge contract, and it had been accepted, presumably by Abel.
 
A wave of nausea swept over him and he struggled not to vomit.
 
Standing, but barely, he staggered out the door, not bothering to close it.
 
 
------------------A short while later--------------------
 
 
Cain staggered through the doors of Club Rouge; the bouncers were nowhere to be seen. Rouge saw him enter and began to walk over to him.
 
He fell forwards, landing on his hands and knees, he then proceeded to vomit.
 
Rouge was, at this point, running to his aid and, reaching his side, helped him to his feet and caught a glimpse of his deeply bloodshot eyes.
 
She helped him to a seat and he slumped down into it, unable to even lift the weight of his own arms.
 
He looked at her, he was relieved, but he was unable to show it, he just stared, not even able to speak.
 
Rouge had never seen him like this as Cain had always tried to hide his poisonous addiction.
 
“What happened to you?” she asked, still he was unable to answer.
 
He tried to stand, but none of his limbs responded, he could only watch her.
 
He watched as Abel walked slowly up behind her and struck her with the butt of a pistol, knocking her unconscious.
 
He watched her go limp and then watched as Abel approached him.
 
He saw Abel's smirk and then his vision went blank as the pistol butt connected with his face.