Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Cain and Abel ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cain awoke bound to a chair by his hands. He found that he was still weak but could now move his limbs.
 
He bought his head up and his eyes met a steely gaze from Abel who was standing over him, a Beretta 9mm in his right hand.
 
Cain tried to speak but was unable to say a word before the pistol butt was swiped across his face.
 
Cain tried again “Why are you doing this?”
 
Abel simply replied “Because you, Cain, deserve to die.” Then he proceeded to hit him again.
 
“I've been waiting so long for this.” Cain continued to look at Abel.
 
“So you're just going to kill me?”
 
“No Cain, I'm going to make you suffer, for all the suffering you've caused and the lives you've taken.” Abel retorted, striking him twice more across the face.
 
Cain spat blood onto the floor. “Where's Rouge?”
 
“She's here in the building captive, just like you.” Abel replied.
 
“We couldn't just leave her to alert the authorities, and I won't allow her to. Once I've finished here with you, she'll have to die too, but hey, if I have to take one measly life to end yours, then so be it.”
 
Abel continued further. “My hitmen may have failed, but I will not.”
 
Cain gritted his teeth at this realisation “The two guys who attacked me at the club, you sent them?”
 
Cain's face settled and he smirked “Figures you'd be too much of a wimp to do it yourself.”
 
This last remark earned him another severe beating.
 
Abel took a step back “Maybe beating you isn't enough. Maybe I should try something different.”
 
He pushed a button situated near the door and the section of the wall in front of Cain parted to reveal a window, on the other side of which was Rouge, similarly tied to a chair like Cain.
 
Cain felt his heart jump.
 
“Don't worry she can't see us, the window is one way. This way when I kill her in front of you, I won't have to watch you cry like a bitch.” Abel said as he walked towards the door.
 
Cain's fists clenched as he pushed against the rope that bound him, trying in vain to break free.
 
Abel exited the room and the door shut behind him.
 
Cain watched as the door to Rouge's cell opened and Abel walked in, all the while tugging on the ropes that were slowly slackening under his repeated attempts.
 
Abel began conversing with Rouge's guard.
 
The rope finally gave way and fell to the floor.
 
Cain stood up, his wrists slick with blood from where the rope had cut into him.
 
He turned his attention to Abel, who had sent the guard away and was cocking the gun.
 
Without thinking, Cain hurled himself at the window. It gave way under the force and Cain fell into Rouge's cell.
 
Abel turned and fired in a blind panic, hitting Cain in the shoulder.
 
Ignoring the pain, he sped towards Abel, grabbing the gun and dismantling it in a single swift manoeuvre.
 
Abel attempted to run from the room but Cain landed a powerful haymaker to Abel's head, knocking him unconscious.
 
Cain turned and began to attend to Rouge, untying her hands and helping her to her feet, one of her arms around his neck for support.
 
He spoke quickly “We have to move.” She nodded in compliance and they exited the room.