Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Cain and Abel ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The guard, who had been with Rouge, turned to see what all the commotion was in aid of, only to be knocked flat out by Cain's fist.
 
Taking the guards SMG up in his right hand, he and Rouge carried down the long, grey corridor. Rouge finally broke the silence as they walked.
 
“You've got a lot of explaining to do.” She said with a weak smile.
 
“Well I suppose you gathered that I'm not affiliated with the FBI.” Cain continued further, complying with her request.
 
“I'm an assassin. I kill people for money.”
 
Rouge was taken off guard by the bluntness of this statement.
 
“That's… that's horrible.” She stuttered.
 
“It's all I know how to do and I hate myself for it.” Cain continued.
 
“It's the disgusting nature of my profession which drove me to drugs.” Rouge remained silent as he spoke.
 
“I've been taking heroin for about 9 months now.” Cain sighed.
 
“I'm not sure what else to tell you.”
 
They rounded a corner and Cain sprayed a guard with bullets as though it was his nature, and it was his nature.
 
Rouge found it hard to get any words to come out of her mouth, but she forced herself to ask him a question.
 
“How many people have you killed?” He replied immediately, as though he was expecting the question.
 
“22 people.”
 
Rouge found it unnerving being in the presence of a professional killer, but at the same time, she felt safe with him there with her.
 
They rounded another corner this time facing 3 guards. Cain dispatched them with a hail of bullets and dropped the empty weapon.
 
Ascending the stairs behind the guards' corpses, Cain and Rouge burst through a door and out onto the roof of what seemed to be a high rise building in the middle of station square.
 
There was a heavy rain and Cain winced slightly as it beat against his numerous wounds.
 
They walked to the edge of the roof looking for a means of escape but found none.
 
The door behind them slammed and the pair wheeled to address what had caused it. Looking at them, with a .50 cal Desert Eagle in his clutches and a maniacal expression on his face, was Abel.
 
Rouge gripped Cain tighter fearing the worst, while Cain merely stood, eyes locked onto Abel's.
 
Abel raised the weapon, and pointed it at Cain.