Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Epoch: Rust Coloured Memories ❯ White Blur ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Shh!" Sonic said with a finger placed in front of his lips, as he turned and frowned toward Amy who was complaining that her shoes were getting `icky'. The blue hedgehog flicked his eyes back to the road. Through the bushes that he was hidden in, Sonic observed around thirty of Robotnik's elite trooper badniks were guarding an egg carrier for captured mobians. In addition there was a prime selection of patrolbots roaming the skies. `Why would ol' egg features go to so much trouble to transport a few people?' Sonic pondered to himself, `I haven't heard anything about anything big going down either… we'll see soon, just gotta be patient.'

"I still don't see why we don't just bust the thing open and ask the folk inside why they're so important," whispered Ray (the yellow squirrel from Sega Sonic Arcade) impatiently.

"We already went through this," sighed Tails, "we need to find out where eggman's new base of operations is."

"But did we really have to go through the icky parts of the Jungle Zone?" squealed Amy in discontent.

"Why did you come anyway?" asked Ray, "it's not like you're any use."

"Because MY Sonic wants me here!" replied Amy rather angrily.

"No he doesn't, he just felt sorry for you." Muttered Ray under his breath.

"What was that?" Amy demanded.

"You do realise that Eggnik probably just went back to Scrap Brain, why else would he come to south island?" Tails pointed out.

Sonic turned to the gang to tell them to shut up when all of a sudden there was an almighty crash and shots being fired. Sonic swung his eyes back onto the road and saw the Egg Carrier smashed open and almost a third of the badniks lying in scrap courtesy of a white blur which shot over the egg carrier onto the side Sonic couldn't see. Torn between admiration of it and anger at it spoiling his plan, Sonic said, "Go time!" And jumped out of the bushes into the action, followed closely by Amy. Tails had already begun flying up with Ray in his hands to attack from the air. One of the Badniks turned and noticed them, "Secondary Target Sighted… buzzzt… Sonic The Hedgehog."

"He's no second! He's number one!" yelled Amy.

`She's right,' thought Sonic, `why am I number two?' and with that thought he smashed straight through the Badnik and proceeded in smashing a few more. Ray dived from Tails' grasp and began hopping from patrolbot to patrolbot, smashing their navigation panels in the process, sending them flying all over the place and causing them to collide. Sonic battled his way onto the other side of the egg carrier, but all he found was scrap metal. Amy smashed the last Badnik from behind with her hammer and the gang assembled by Sonic, except for Tails who landed on top of the egg carrier and peered inside. Ray glided down and landed softly next to Sonic, "Nice workout," he said, "easier than I thought."

"Yeah, because we got some help…" Sonic muttered under his breath, scanning the area for any sign of the white blur.

"What was that Sonic?" asked Amy, before continuing without giving him a chance to answer. "Did you see me? I smashed that bucket of rust good! Did you see it?"

Sonic took a few steps away from her and looked into the dense jungle at the side of the road.

"It's empty" Shouted Tails to the others.

Sonic turned, `that white blur must've been what they were carrying and their number on…' his trail of thought was cut off by a large shriek, spinning on the spot, he turned to see a patrolbot, navigation box smashed, headed straight toward Amy, he was just about to leap into action when the white blur darted out of the overgrowth and diverted the patrolbot sending it spiralling and crashing near Ray's feet, who jumped backward.

"Woah! Watch out man!" he said startled.

Sonic flashed his eyes back to Amy who was standing, both eyes tight shut with her fists clenched in front of her face. A black glove on the end of a white arm moved her arms from her face, "it's ok" said its owner reassuringly. Amy opened one eye slowly and saw that she was unharmed, a wide grin spread across her muzzle and she threw her arms around the figure in front of her.

"Thank you Sonic, I knew you'd save me! I love y…" She said, before realising a blue hedgehog watching the scene from the roadside, she looked down at the back of the one she was hugging and noticing a distinct lack of spikes and white fur where there should be blue, she released her grasp and took a step back, blushing awkwardly at the floor.

"You're not Sonic are you? I'm Sorry." She said shyly, kicking the dust a little.

The figure offered her his hand to shake, "The name's Carve."