Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Epoch: Rust Coloured Memories ❯ Enter Carve ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Amy looked at the hand in front of her and shook it, "Hey! I'm Amy Rose, Sonic the Hedgehog's girl…"

"No you're not," interrupted Ray, "quit lying! The name's Ray" said the squirrel taking the stranger's hand from Amy's.

Tails landed on the floor next to the trio, "What you did there was pretty impressive, I bet you're almost as fast as So…"

"How come I've never heard of you before?" Sonic interrupted, walking over for a closer look.

The creature was white all white with a tan coloured muzzle and belly. It wore black gloves a pair of black laceless sneakers with a grey bottom and trim that even Sonic envied slightly, though they were slightly more chunky than his own. His eyes were grey and still had the glint of youth in them. He was spike-less and his tail wasn't much longer than Sonic's own, Sonic hadn't seen a creature quite like him before and he was sure that he must've been staring at it oddly. The fur at the top and on the back of its head was slightly wild, yet slicked back in a slightly spiky fashion. Its ears were pretty much like his own but on the side of his head and pointed backwards instead of out. Sonic's eyes then focused on a shard of black crystal hung around the creature's neck. His gaze was interrupted by its answer to his question.

"I'm guessing I'm not on the miracle planet anymore then…" Carve said.

"The miracle planet! Wow!" squealed Amy in excitement, "Welcome to South Island on Mobius! I went to miracle planet once, well actually I got kidnapped but then Sonic saved me!" she went on one of her rambles in excitement before Sonic interrupted.

"What are you?" quizzed the Hedgehog.

"Sonic don't be so rude!" exclaimed Amy, trying her hardest to be angry with him.

"It's ok," said Carve, "I'm a Vizcacha, there's six of us… well there was six of us, in the underground temple on Miracle Planet, our job was to protect the five Time Crystals, except I was the youngest and so the others watched over a crystal each." He said before offering his hand to the blue hedgehog, "Sonic, right?"

"Yeah," he said taking the black glove in his own, "so what do you mean `was' six of us?"

"Well there ain't anymore, some fat guy came and took my four brothers and my sister and their crystals." He answered.

"So egghead's got all of these time crystals… that sounds bad…" Tails said.

"No need to sweat, he can't use them without every single fragment, and it just so happens I've got one around my neck for safe keepin', Paige, my sister, got tired of me complaining and so talked the guys into giving me it." He said, showing Tails the shard around his neck.

"That's all well and good," started Ray, "but `some fat guy' as you call him, nearly had you aswell."

"Nah, I was just biding my time, I let them capture me to see where he was keeping my family, so I could bust them out." Carve said confidently.

"On your own?" asked Amy "that's really brave."

"Just how young IS the youngest Viz-whatsit then?" questioned Sonic sternly.

"The equivalent of around sixteen if I were a mobian… I think." He answered looking slightly too proud.

"Equivalent?" asked Tails.

"Well being around the time crystals so much kinda messes around with stuff like that." Carve replied.

"I can imagine," said Sonic shaking his head, "and that's how come you're that fast? Nothing to do with natural speed?"

"I'm quite fast, but not as fast as you guys see." He said, "this shard lets me slow down time but keeps me moving at the speed I would if time were going normal, it'll need charged after that though," he held it in his hand and looked down at it, "yeah, its gone black, its at full power when its grey, I can either rest it or find some of those gold rings, they seem to charge it up."

Sonic sighed a sigh of relief, `no-one's as fast as me naturally' he assured himself.

Amy had obviously became quite interested after she found out he was only a year older than her and continued asking questions, finding out that his favourite food was a glump fruit or something and that his parents went into some sort of Vizcacha retirement dimension when he was around the equivalent of 4 and that he had to protect the crystals for one hundred mobian years to be allowed in there himself.

Sonic sat on top of the egg carrier with Ray and watched the pair talk as Tails rummaged through the rubble for `useful bits' as he put it.

"So it looks like we're gonna have to help the kid out," said Ray but got no response, "Sonic?"

"At least he gets Amy outta my spines," muttered Sonic.

"Yo! Mobius to Sonic!" said Ray, waving his hand in front of Sonic's face, "we gonna help the kid?"

Sonic started, "umm, yeah… I mean, of course, it's our duty. But first we better go back to the Spring Yard Zone hideout and formulate a plan of attack, considering hotshot over there ruined the original plan."

"You sound jealous bro" teased Ray, earning him a glare from Sonic, who hopped off the egg carrier and began walking back to Spring Yard Zone, leaving Ray to explain.