Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Epoch: Rust Coloured Memories ❯ New Record ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

From running at full speed, Sonic stopped dead in what would seem, to the naked eye to be a relatively boring area of the Spring Yard Zone and tapped on the top of a purple pillar. He had told the others he was going to `smash any robots who may have been snooping about around the entrance to the hideout, you know, just in case', in reality he couldn't stand another minute of being around that show off Carve. He'd got sick of him doing things like taking Amy by the hand and then slowing down time for the both of them, then listening to her annoyingly super speed giggling at people's faces in slow mo when she came out of `the warp' as he'd coined it. He wasn't shocked by Tail's interest, being a young, curious fox it was only natural that he'd be easily impressed, but Sonic wasn't impressed with Ray who he thought was less impressionable, especially to party tricks. Anyway, that didn't matter; he was going to kick back with a burger in one hand and a soda in the other and formulate a plan to take down Eggman again. I could always just rush in and… his trail of thought was cut off as a small square opened in the pillar, revealing a T.V. screen, which at the moment was showing the head of a light blue chao staring directly into the lens. He heard a gruff voice muttering some obscenity before the chao was pushed aside by a large hand and he was greeted by a confused looking, dull white face "damn computers, why they gotta be so damned awkward…" it muttered.

"I think it's that button with respond written on." Came a giggly voice from the background.

The large hand covered the screen again for a brief moment before being replaced once again by the less confused, more serious face.

"Damn rabbits, think they're so clever… Sonic!" said the face as he recognized the familiar sight of a certain blue hedgehog tapping his foot impatiently.

The face belonged to Malt, a large polar bear who wore a beige flat cap and even by the quick screenshot you could tell he was more than twice the size of Sonic. "You gonna let me in then?" question Sonic looking away from the screen onto the horizon where he saw the others walking back.

"Umm… yeah, just let me find the button…" replied Malt scratching his head with a huge paw.

"DOOOOR…" came the giggly voice from inside again, prolonging the word in a rather patronising way.

The screen went blank and Sonic smiled a little, one step closer to his junk food, which he loved so much. He watched as a small panel in the floor opened to his left and within seconds dived down it, sliding down the chute and tumbling out the other end, straight into a padded wall with a thud, dizzily shaking his head he looked up at the Sonic-shaped dent in the mattress as it slowly faded away and back into its full shape accompanied by the counting of the same giggly voice heard on the monitor.

"9… 10… 11… 12!" exclaimed Cream excitedly, "A new record! Tails will be so jealous!"

Sonic hopped to his feet, and wandered over to the fridge, "He'll never believe that I beat his famous 11" he said, grinning whilst retrieving a soda.

"You're back early… How was the mission?" questioned Cream seeming interested.

"Failed." Gargled Sonic through the Soda, which he was playing with in his throat. He continued over and kicked back on a dusty red couch, signalling to Cream's chao Cheese, who delightfully yelped `Chao!' then flew into the kitchen area.

"Oh my!" replied Cream, "who's fault was it?"

"Mr. I-can-slow-down-time-and-pretend-to-be-fast-and-save-Amy-and-ruin-Sonic's-p lan-so-go-watch-Jeopardy-Vizwhatsit-necklace-crystal…" Sonic said with barely a breath.

"Sonic!" Cream interrupted as Cheese shoved a burger into Sonic's mouth to shut him up, "who's fault?"

"Sched hisch name wasch Carsch" Sonic mumbled through the burger which he attacked vigorously.

"How do you expect a lady to understand you when you talk like that?" quizzed Cream, hands on hips. At that moment, an orange and white ball of fur tumbled in through the entrance and slammed into the mattress. "5… 6… 7… 8… 9… 10… 11…" counted Malt, "11.5!"

Tails jumped with a clenched celebratory fist into the air. "Yeah! New record!"

"Unlucky kid, Sonic got 12!" said Malt, turning Tails' enormous grin upside down. Ray came tumbling down and stopped before he hit the mattress, the way everyone but Sonic and Tails did it. Tails shook himself out of his mini depression and flew up onto his hammock, "Sonic you shoulda stayed! Carve is sooo cool when you get to know him!" chirped the youngster happily as he flew.

"Yeah he ain't that bad." Confirmed Ray as he took a carton of milk from the fridge and drank it.

"So where is this Mr. Not that bad?" question Cream, an interested look in her eye.

"Still walking over with Amy," said Ray, shaking the remaining drops from the carton.

"Humph!" came the response from Sonic, who was now pretending to listen to music.

After a few minutes of Cream asking questions to Ray who grew more and more interested in turning the empty carton inside out and Tails telling Malt about Carve, a pink and white bundle came rolling down the chute and straight in to the mattress, when they landed, it revealed Amy and Carve in a heap on the floor. "9…10…11…12…13…14!" exclaimed Malt as the impression on the mattress faded.

Sonic span round, gave an un-approving look and then lay back on the couch.

"Wow!" shouted Tails, "that's a new record."

Carve hopped to his feet "Record?" he said, as he helped a giggling Amy to her feet.

"Shouldn't count, there were two of them" muttered Sonic, loud enough for people to hear but not understand what he was saying.

"What was that Sonikku?" chirped Amy as she dusted herself off, but Sonic carried on listening to his non-existent music.

After what seemed like an eternity to Sonic, everyone had been introduced and impressed by the party tricks, Ray had successfully turned the carton inside out, with the help of Carve and moved onto the cereal box, Amy and Cream had nearly finished making dinner, with the help of Carve, Malt had finally got the hang of the computer, with the help of Carve and Tails had finished his latest instant burger machine, WITH THE HELP OF CARVE!

Sonic was too cool to care about anything like that… right?

"DINNER!" yelled Amy and Cream at the same time.