Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ More Then Friends ❯ Chapter 5 Do Dreams Come True? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I have to say that all of the Sonic characters in this fic or mentioned do not belong to me they belong to Sega and the song Dreams belongs to Gabrielle. Now as usual on with the story

Note- I had help with this chapter from The Almighty Sonikku so thanks to him and I hope you lot like this one cause I was stuck.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------

More Then Friends

Chapter 5 Do Dreams Come True
It had been a few days now since their run in, Rouge had been keeping her distance from Shadow, but he did try to start a conversation most times but Rouge was obviously uncomfortable around him, so he had kept his distance from her for awhile.

He then saw her at a table on the other side of the club so he walked over to her as a song started.

He then said “Hi Rouge.”

She then instantly turn around to face the black hedgehog and then she said “Oh hi there Shadow.”

He then smiled feebly and then he said as normal as he could “Hey, Rouge, its a beautiful song, do you want to dance?”

Rouge seemed taken back and stayed silent but then Shadow said to make her stay with him “As friends, I mean.”

Rouge suddenly came back to earth and slowly nodded, he then took her by the hand and led her to the dance floor they then took their positions for their dance.

Move a step closer you know that I want you
I can tell by your eyes that you want me too
Just a question of time I knew we'd be together
And that you'd be mine I want you here forever

Rouge smiled as Shadow smiled back, he looked into her green jewel like eyes and became lost in them, he then pulled her closer to him, she didn't seem to notice or maybe she did and didn't care, either way, she put her arms around him.

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

They swayed slowly to the music, this is strange, she was confused, she thought this strange feeling she had around Shadow was reluctance, she then began to wonder whether or not that was true or not.

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

Shadow then pulled her close until they were nose-to-nose he then asked in a confused tone “Rouge what are we doing?”

The white bat just shrugged, before she smiled and replied “I have no idea, I don't care either, all I care about is that this is all I want to do at this moment in time.”

He was surprised by this but continued to dance.

I've seen you sometimes on your own and in crowds
I knew I had to have you my hopes didn't let me down, now you're by my side and I feel so good I've nothing to hide don't feel that I ever could

She snapped back to reality for a moment and thought “What am I doing?”

She looked into his red eyes, searching and found what had been there all along, love.

Do you hear what I'm saying gotta say how I feel
I can't believe you're here but I know that you're real
I know what I want and baby it's you
Can't deny my feelings because they are true

He looked at her, she stared at him intently, she was trying to say something. He couldn't tell but he saw a look in her eyes that he could not describe.

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

She then leaned in and kissed him on his lips, he was surprised by this but he kissed her back unleashing all the love that he kept inside of him, she then wrapped her arms around him and kissed him deeply, their tongues then got involved as they explored each others mouths but Rouge thought for a second and came back to reality, she then quickly broke away from the kiss and out of his embrace.

But before she left she said to the black hedgehog “I am sorry Shadow I..” she then trailed off and left the dance floor.

She then thought to herself “What are these feelings have I just felt for Shadow? I have to search myself if I want to find out.” that was one question that she needed a lot of time to think on, was she lying to herself to be close to any man or was these feelings real.

Shadow was left on the dance floor alone like he had been so many times but for some reason this one really hurt him, it felt like an arrow was shot straight through his heart.

He then heard other couples saying “Poor guy.” but he ignored it and did not care what anyone said anymore.

He then went away from the dance floor and then he thought “Why do I keep trying if all she does is make me feel like this?”

He then started to think “Maybe I have outstayed my welcome here in Club Rouge.”

TO BE CONTINUED

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------

Please review that is all I ask of you all is that you have enjoyed it and say what was good about the story also tell me if you think the plot is good I always doubt myself when it comes to this. Well an authors job is never done till next time readers.