Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Spring Break ❯ Trouble ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yeah, I'm finally updating this story after almost a year. And I'm ending it with these 2 last chapters. And than…sequel! There, to make up for all the time wasted. Happy? *continues listening to Naruto music* YEAH!
 
Disclaimer: I only own Christina, Alisha, Silver, and Drazen. Everyone else belongs to Sega. Except Kagome and InuYasha, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
Chapter 6: Trouble
 
~Tails' POV~
 
 
I heard the TV, Chrissy already awake. I stretched my arms, removing myself from the bed. I cleaned up, putting on some clothes. I came out to see Chrissy with a food tray on her lap, relaxing on the couch watching the news. I took a peek in the kitchen, my food on the table. Hmm, cream of wheat, toast, orange slices, and some milk. Let's see…it's good. Just like dinner. Hmm, I'm letting her do the cooking from now on.
 
I held my tray, making sure not to trip. I saw Silver resting next to Chrissy, tired from last night. I smiled as she petted his head, tickling under his chin. I sat on the other side, giving her a peck. I heard her giggle, gently pushing me away.
 
“Miles, I'm holding food. You might make it spill!” I backed away, chuckling at her. She shook her head, still laughing. “Silly.”
 
“And proud of it!” We sat in silence, watching the news while eating. There was nothing good on, the anchormen talking about college students and their behavior at certain resorts. Not very exciting. I changed the channel, finding nothing good on.
 
“Well, since there's crap on, I'll be writing a letter real quick.”
 
“Hmm? What letter? To your parents?”
 
“No, I've got a pen pal in Japan. It's my turn to reply.” She placed her tray on the coffee table, walking away to find some paper and a writing utensil.
 
So, she has a pen pal, huh? And from Japan too. Well, our culture is a little similar to theirs. Especially from the demons that reside there. The humans don't know it, but they're walking among them right now. I've been there a couple times with the guys, Amy forcing us to go with her. She adored their kimonos. Rouge was pulled along as well, but she was happy after she found something to her liking. I guess it was okay for me, glad to have met a few other foxes. They're such show offs when it comes to their illusions. I'll stick to my machinery, thank you.
 
“Chao?” Silver had woken up, rubbing his eyes. I heard his stomach growl, him rubbing it. I chuckled at him, picking him up to feed him. Hmm, I wonder if her pen pal is a human, or a demon?
 
 
~Christina's POV~
 
 
Dear Kagome,
 
Hey! How you doing right now? I have so many things to tell you! Remember the crush I told you about? Miles? Guess what, we're finally dating! Sure, he didn't remember me at first. It has been years since we've seen each other. He is so dreamy! He's everything that I've always wanted in a guy. He's such a sweet guy, and also understands me. He always did, and he still does.
 
How's it going with your guy, InuYasha? You tell him you had a crush on him for 2 years? If you haven't yet, I'll fly over there and tell him myself! You have to tell him someday, or you'll regret it for the rest of your life. He might get taken away, forever. So don't waste time, or it'll be too late.
 
Well, anyway, away from nagging you, how are the plans for the summer? You figure everything out yet? It would be awesome to spend the summer there. My parents already said I could go, since I'm a full grown lady. Well, since I'm talking about this, is it okay if I bring an extra someone? And I think you know who it is. Miles. It might help you out with your crush. We could go out somewhere, the 4 of us, like a double date! Of course, that's completely up to you.
 
There's one more thing for me to say now. Remember what I wrote earlier? About me and Miles getting together? You see…he kinda did something to me. In my culture, it's similar to getting married. So…I'm engaged in a way. Weird, huh? Think I should tell my parents? I mean, my father would go nuts if he found out what happened, and my mother would go on a rampage. It's scary to think about. Things were bad enough at home with all the other events that took place.
 
I doubt my older brother would understand. He'd probably get pissed off and try to kill him or something. And also tell my parents, there's also that…and bring his friends along. NOT GOOD. Not at all. And if I told my little sister, she'd tell just about everyone! Poor Miles, he'll be mutilated. And tortured. All because I opened my mouth.
 
But than…if they found out on their own, it would only make matters worse. They might not even let me see him again! What should I do? Should I tell them? Should I not? Or should I wait until the moment's right? I'm not sure anymore. I'm good at giving advice to others, and yet, I can't think of anything to help myself. Life sucks.
 
And my dream…it was scary. HE was back…and he tried to take me back. Truthfully…I still love him. But I also love Miles. I hope it doesn't come true, like all the other ones did…
 
Well, that's all I can think of right now. Besides, Miles is calling me; we're going shopping with his parents for some souvenirs.
 
Sincerely,
Christina Ark
 
 
~Tails' POV~
 
 
“Hey Christina! Take a look at this really cute shirt I found!” Alisha was holding up a violet shirt with “Twinkle Babe” written in silver. Chrissy laughed at her, the words obviously suiting her perfectly.
 
“That's the one for you! You DO love looking at stars after all.” She stuck her tongue out, giggling with a grin. I turned my attention back to my parents. My mother had found an embarrassing pink shirt for my dad, trying to make him try it on. I had my hand over my mouth, about to burst out laughing, tears coming out. Chrissy came over, curious to what was going on.
 
“Oh come on Amadeus! You can wear this during our anniversary and show it off to all the guys back at work and home.” My dad tried to think of every excuse possible, my mom blasting them all down. Eventually he ran out, giving in to Mom. She had a triumphant gleam in her eyes while he paid for it. I decided to sneak up behind Chrissy, snaking my left arm around her waist.
 
“HANDS OFF MY GIRL FREAK!” I was suddenly punched away from Chrissy, rubbing my cheek.
 
It was a black fox with green eyes wearing glasses with a white shirt and jeans. He was holding Chrissy tightly from behind, her trying to wriggle out. He only made it harder, hurting her in the process. I clenched my hands, wanting to beat the shit out of this…racist of some kind.
 
“Your girl!? She's mine! And you have no right to call me a FREAK!” I tackled him roughly, instantly grabbing Chrissy away from him and placing her behind me. I heard her gasp, curiosity popping up.
 
“What's this? Seems another player has entered the game.” Shadow appeared, having walked out of a store. How dare he call this a game. Christina isn't a prize to be won; she's a living creature, just like the rest of us!
 
 
~Christina's POV~
 
 
It's him, after all this time. But why here? Why now? Their eyes, it's filled with venom.
 
“Game? What game?” HE got up, ignoring Miles.
 
“Heh. The fight over her, isn't it obvious?” His hands clenched into fists, gritting his teeth.
 
“Christina is MY girl. She always has been my girl. Isn't that right angel?” I looked away, not wanting to look at him. No, I'm not your girl. You lost me once you left me and my daughters. I'm Miles' girl now.
 
“You better shut the hell up! Chrissy's my girlfriend! Ask her yourself you fuckin' retard! I watched as he turned to Miles, about to sprint. Before he could I dashed in front of him, placing my arms out.
 
“Please Drazen, don't. It's true, I am his girlfriend now. You left me all alone, not even leaving a note or letter to explain why you left. Because of you, I was absolutely miserable.”
 
“C…Chrissy? Are you saying…you dated him?” I closed my eyes, nodding my head. I know this must hurt you Miles, and I'm sorry. “We started dating a few years ago. A friend introduced us during the spring. At first we were friends, than we became more over the summer. We stayed together for a couple years, and I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. But than, I found him sleeping with another girl. I…I snapped. I actually tried killing myself, than him when I failed. We stayed together though, as naïve as I was. Than…he just vanished. No phone calls, no letters, nothing. I was miserable for months. But as time pass on, I realized it was only a lousy crush. So I finally moved on. And when Alisha told me we would be visiting you, my old feelings woke up again. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.” But now I know why he left. It's because of my daughters. I saw the way he looked at them with disgust, and it hurt me inside. It's…better this way.
 
Drazen's eyes were filled with guilt, backing down. I turned around, Miles not looking at me. He was…angry. Oh no…please don't leave me Miles. I don't wanna be alone…
 
“So, what are you going to do? Ignore her and pretend you've never known her? Or, will you forgive her and keep that promise to always be with her? Drazen here could always change her mind. She's still in love with him, I could tell from her eyes.” How did he know?
 
 
~Tails' POV~

“Just shut up.” I don't want your sympathies you bastard.
 
“Hmm? What you say? You don't care?”
 
“I SAID SHUT UP!” I saw Drazen lift his head, looking over at Christina. There was hope, having heard what that loudmouth said. You better be lying Shadow. He can't have her. So what if they dated, lots of people date crushes and just end up splitting up. She's with me, and that's the way it'll stay. “I suggest getting out of here. And stop looking at my girl with those googly eyes of yours. Now!” He tripped backwards, slipping while trying to run. I turned back to Christina, holding her again.
 
“Miles?”
 
“It's okay. I still love you. Just promise me you'll kick his ass next time you see him.”
 
“Deal.”
 
 
Grr, why the hell is Shadow still following us? Can't he get the hint she's mine and there's no way he's stealing her away? I heard my parents calling, needing some information about something. I glared at Shadow, wondering if I should leave my cousin and Chrissy alone with him.
 
“I'll be right back.” I hurried to my parents, occasionally checking on the girls. I nearly fell when Alisha invited Shadow with them, how I wanted to strangle her right now.
 
It was weird the way they were acting, the girls suddenly…zipping their mouths and…throwing something and…a thumbs up? Hey…why the hell are they laughing!? I was about to march over, my dad stopping me. I grumbled under my breathe, still watching them. Why is he smirking? And why in the world is my girlfriend blushing!? And why is her face turning redder! I stomped over, Shadow leaving at last.
 
“What were you three talking about!?” They only smiled at me, acting like innocent children. Grr, I'll find out later.
 
 
Chrissy was strangely quiet during dinner, picking at her meatloaf. I asked her if she was okay, her replying with a yes. Why is she acting like this? Was it because of that bastard Drazen? Or maybe…maybe she's nervous about telling her parents. Yeah, that's probably it. Heh, I still remember how strict her father was. Scared me half to death all the time. Hope I'll be alive after he finds out.
 
 
~Christina's POV~
 
 
Today's events were playing through my head, repeating over and over again. It was bedtime now; Miles holding me close to his body. I snuggled closer to him, wanting to feel his warmth. I smiled as he smelled my hair, a soft growl rumbling from within his chest. I blushed a little, my parents having told me what that meant.
 
I looked back at the pictures, my thoughts going back to our childhood. After a while, my eyes drooped closed. Than one event started running through my head, the event that occurred between me, Alisha, and Shadow.
 
 
Tails kept looking back at Shadow, who was currently following us. He left me with Alisha, having to help his parents out with some technology information. Alisha let Shadow join in, not really caring that her cousin dislikes him.
 
“Yo, Shadow! Why you tryin' to take my cousin's girl? That's not right!” He only chuckled, Alisha staring at him in a strange way.
 
“I'll let you 2 in on a little secret. But you have to promise to keep it, or I'll hunt you down.” We both nodded our heads, zipping our mouths and locking the locks; giving him a thumbs up. “Well, you know the 2 couples with the hedgehogs and echidna with the bat?”
 
“Yes, Sonic with Amy, Knuckles with Rouge. What about them?”
 
“Well, Sonic was being to egotistical and hardheaded. So I pretended I had feelings for Amy. I would usually `plan' out how to get her in front of him. After a while, he started to realize he liked her, so he went and asked her out before I had a `chance'.”
 
“Ah-hah! Good ol' operation jealousy!” I laughed along with Alisha, knowing a few other people who've done that to get back at their exes.
 
“For the other couple, it was a little tricky. I usually flirted with Rouge in front of Knuckles, but not enough to make her think I was interested.”
 
“But enough to trick him, since he's so gullible?” He nodded his head, a smirk on his face.
 
“Ooh, what a playa! So that's what you've been up to. Making my cousin jealous over lil Chrissy.”
 
“I knew I had to go overboard. Unlike Sonic and Knuckles, he wasn't interested in girls at all. Cream tried to get him, with a few other girls. They never succeeded. So, I had to make him think he lost you for good.” I felt my face heat up, feeling stupid for thinking he liked me in that sort of way. I also felt reassured that I could trust him as a friend.
 
“Maybe we should tell him, so he won't try to, well, do anything stupid.”
 
“Not now. But once you 2 get married and have your first kid, than I'll tell all 3 guys. And with the way things are currently looking, that shouldn't take too long. A few months at the least.” Wait, how did he!?
 
“Hmm? Ooh! You two actually did the bump? You go girl! Although that's kinda disgusting since he's my cousin. But hey! That means we'll be cousins once you get married!”
 
“What were you three talking about!?” The Prowers were back, Shadow long gone. We just smiled at them, acting like innocent children.
 
 
~Tails' POV~
 
 
Mmm, morning already? But I wanted to stay in bed with Chrissy. She's so warm and cuddly. Hmm, she looks like an innocent angel when she's asleep. Such a lovely face. And she's all mine, nobody else's. I'll make sure of that, Shadow will learn his lesson.
 
“Mmm? Hey Miles.” I rubbed her nose, giving a small kiss.
 
“Hey, I noticed something yesterday. You didn't buy anything. So, what do you want as a souvenir?” She smiled at me, returning my kiss.
 
“I can't have him; he has to stay here to help his friends protect the city and its inhabitants.” I held her close to me, gazing into her eyes.
 
“Don't worry. Once Eggman's behind bars, I'll come get you. I promise.” She looked away from me, doubt in her eyes. “What's wrong?”
 
“This Eggman guy isn't the only one who causes trouble. You might never come. Ever.” I grasped her chin, bringing her eyes back to mine. Tears were starting to form within them, guilt building inside of me.
 
“Yes I will. Once he's gone, I'll go back and marry you. And if there still is trouble going on, I'll take you with me. I don't care if your parents object to it. You'll be with me no matter what. And if I don't return, you can come back and shoot me in the heart.” I heard her stifle a laugh, her sadness leaving.
 
“I could never shoot you. Although, I could always neuter you!” I laughed nervously, feeling sweat drip off. I didn't expect her to say that, she's usually not that violent…or cruel. Looks like there's more to her than I thought. Than again, I haven't seen her for years. There are probably more things I haven't found out about her yet. And I'm willing to discover all of them.
 
 
A/N: Once again, I apologize for not updating for like…forever. And the next chapter is the last one. After that, I'll be writing a sequel. Gasp! Another freakin' story! But I won't write it right away though, I have all my other stories to update, and I have lots of new stories to upload. So…whatever. Buh-bye for now!